TheBalm Mary-Lou Manizer

4.6

Mica, Isoeicosane, Polyethylene, Boron Nitride, Polyisobutene, PTFE, Silica, Synthetic Wax, Dimethicone, Titanium Dioxide CI 77891, Iron Oxides CI 77491.

on 5/27/2013 8:51:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Buttery soft with just the right amount of warmth for my pale skin tone. Beautiful.

on 5/26/2013 7:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is a wonderful HG product. I caved and ordered it based on the amazing reviews even though I own MAC's Soft and Gentle. It's so beautiful and shimmery but not loud and obnoxious glittery at all. It gives my face a wonderful glow and I usually will pick this up before MAC's Soft and Gentle because it's more of a glamorous shimmer. Not to mention the packaging is adorably retro and will last you forever for a great price. LOVE LOVE TheBalm products!

on 5/26/2013 12:56:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

my all times favourite!!! i bought it to my sis, too. i don't like glossy-shiny look but this gives you look healthy. i apply it for hightlighting on cheek, under my eyes and sometimes as eye shadow all with a brush the result is totally great. maybe the price a bit much but due to other cosmetic luxury products it is really worth it. after hours there is no crease or etc. on your face which i mostly like.

on 5/20/2013 9:08:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I got this because of all the hype. Honestly it is just a shiny glittery mess. The highlighter has a golden tone to it. I guess this would be great under the brow bone and inner corners but I wouldn't recommend putting this on the cheek bones or center of your nose. It is just tooooooo fake looking. Even if you use it sparingly........... However, you do get a lot of product for the price, which is good. Also sometimes you can find it in TJ maxx or Marshalls for half off the retail price.

on 5/17/2013 6:10:00 PM

I think it's ok. Shouldn't be blended in in circular motions because the glitter particles end up looking like a cyborg . Rather tap it in wherever u want it. I wanted to like and I do use but I don't think it's 5* I'm afraid

on 5/16/2013 11:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I ordered this from thebalm.com when they had it for 50% off... Was SOOOO stoked about it because I've been reading so many good things about if. So I tried it and it was not what I expected.... I think it maybe my skin tone is too dark? It looked powdery and chalky... I kept wearing it though bc idk I want a highlight! Lol... So I'm not a foundation user AT ALL I only wear the mac studio fix and today I happen to try it with foundation and OMG!!! Made all the difference it looks so much better! Not chalky and just glowy! So so glad! I still don't like foundation though, so I guess I'll just wear foundation on my cheeks so the highlighter looks good -__-

on 5/14/2013 11:58:00 AM

its a soft smooth great highlighter , good on my nc20/25 skin tone and darker like my sister. too faced highlighter was too rough on my skin and i very much prefer theBalm's products due to their high quality, go and try it out and feel it on your skin, its finely milled and comfortable on the skin.

on 5/14/2013 1:39:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

if you have this then SKIP THE DIOR AMBER DIAMOND.

no, seriously. it gives the same lovely glow as amber diamond for a lot less. I'm going to sound a bit hypocritical here because I do own both amber diamond AND mary lou manizer. let me explain!

I actually bought the dior highlighter way before this guy. the only reason why I caved in and got this highlighter is because I snagged it for half off during thebalm's 50% sale. such a deal I just could not pass up - sue me D:

but yes, this highlighter makes you look glowy - not shiny/oily! I'm definitely done with purchasing any other highlighters since hitting pan on this thing (and on the dior one) is going to happen in like...never.

even at full price, this product is still worth it. if you love highlighters, don't pass this one up!

on 5/13/2013 8:30:00 PM

This product is everything I've been looking for in a highlighter, a champagne shimmer that blends beautifully. It is a finely milled, buttery consistency that can be layered and built up for an intense highlight or lightly dusted on for a really natural, barely noticeable glow.

I've had trouble with highlighters looking very fake, glittery or chunky on my skin, I have none of those problems with Mary Lou, the colour doesn't look harsh against my pale skin and it lasts all day.

Good amount for your money, compact can be a little hard to open but has a big mirror. I can't imagine using another highlighter after finding this one. Does the job perfectly, can't recommend it highly enough (especially for paler people).

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

About Me: Fair with warm yellow undertones (about an NC18 right now, only quite a bit more yellow toned). Hazel eyes that look blue in daylight. Natural brunette currently dyed aubergine purple with a lot of deep red and copper highlights.

Color: A light champagne with very subtle golden tones. I really expected this to be more golden than it is given the way it looks in a lot of swatches. Great color for both warm and cool skin tones.

Finish: This is an intense highlighter and is probably not the right choice if you're looking for a subtle glow. However, the shimmer is fine... no chunky glitter. I find I do have to be careful when applying this.... it's very pigmented and easy to overdue. MAC's 188 works very well for that purpose. It's also pigmented enough to wear as eyeshadow.

Texture: Buttery, easy to swatch and pick up with a brush, but not too soft/powdery. Very easy to blend.

Wear Length: 4 hours with my normal application (on top of foundation and setting powder), which is decent for me (MAC MSFs only give me about 2). However, I can get up to 8 hours if I mist my face with water or finishing powder after applying (MAC MSFs will give me about 6 when used this way).

Comparison: MAC's Beauty Powders are all far less shimmery than Mary-Lou. MAC MSFs in By Candlelight, Blonde, Readhead, & Brunette have about the same amount of shimmer as Mary-Lou, but also have the occasional larger chunk of glitter, which Mary-Lou does not have. Perfect Topping and Refined are actually a little LESS shimmery than Mary-Lou, but again... they both have the occasional larger chunk of glitter. Mary-Lou is far less sparkly/glittery than Soft & Gentle (but then again... what isn't?). The shimmer in any of Bobbi Brown's Shimmer Bricks isn't as smooth. Mary-Lou is more pigmented than any facial highlighter I've ever seen. If you liked the color of MAC's Too Chic BP, but found the shimmer too subtle, Mary-Lou is only very slightly more golden toned and of course, has a more intense shimmer.

Packaging: Awesome. Sleek and lightweight. Has a mirror and you get a huge amount of product (0.3oz).

Bottom Line: Very shimmery, but not glittery. Great color will look good on warm or cool skin tones. Possibly my favorite highlighter in my collection!

Top Rated TheBalm Products