July 28, 2014 | 2073 users online

Highlighters - TheBalm - Mary-Lou Manizer

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2012 10:25:00 PM More reviews by misslu990

I received a small sample of this in a birchbox a while back. This is the perfect amount of shimmer and its finely milled so it blends nicely. I use this under my eye brows, inner corner of my eyes, and on top of my cheek bones to give a glowy effect. This has never broke my sensitive skin out or looked chalky on my skin. It gives off a silvery/pearly look on the skin. I have light skin and this doesn't look drastic on me. It only takes a little to get the look I'm going for. Luckily I receieved the full size in a swap and I love TheBalm's packaging. However I have had a problem with not this but the bronzer from TheBalm and the bronzer falling out of the packaging. So far no problem with this one, but I will make sure to be careful regardless. Will repurchase when I run out but that won't be any time soon.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2012 1:03:00 PM More reviews by chococat05

I am a powder highlighter fanatic! I love this Mary-Lou Manizer (it has become part of my hi-lighting routine) THE END!

PACKAGING:
The balm has such a cute and creative packaging! Loves it! I think they do a better 'cute' packaging than Benefit, Too Faced etc... Personally, it makes me HAPPY every time I look at it! Also, I don't care what people say about the packaging-- you know what-- all those sleek high end packaging looks boring (they all look the same!) to me compared to this creative packaging. so there! lol

ROP IF YOU WANT TO SEE MY OTHER powder highlighter comparison and recs! :D

COMPARISON:
--MAC Perfect Topping MSF: My HG highlighter; PT is more neutral- think pinky satin-y cream color; MLM is definitely more golden and more metallic than MAC PT MSF.

--MAC REFINED MSF: this is the definition of peaches and cream ; I absolutely love it-- if you can find it again; I highly rec you get it if you are fair-med to tan! MLM is more golden and yellow-er-- the finish is similar; Refined might be a bit more 'refined' in its formulation.

--MAC SOFT AND GENTLE MSF: This is similar to MLM in the pan (the similarity ends there!) but it's definitely a silver shine (think Stila Kitten! :D but less metallic than Kitten) than MLM and it's bit more metallic. It's also very VERY gorgeous good if you want to be uber hi-lighted!

--MAC LIGHTSCAPADE MSF: This is WHITE! MORE SATINY FINISH LOVELY if you're going in for a snow-princess look!

--NARS ALBATROSS: This one is truly GOLDEN; MLM compared to it, it's more like champagne colored as oppose to white gold. ALBA's shimmer particles are larger too so it's not as refined as MLM. ALBA is beautiful if you want to be GOLDEN BRONZED--great to pair with a golden bronzer!

CONCLUSION:
You need this in your life.

15 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2012 9:53:00 PM More reviews by rockstar00

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the BEST Highlighter!
This highlighter provides the perfect glow for inner eye corner, cupid's bow, high on the cheekbones, bridge of the nose. Perfect, Gorgeous, Stunning with the most beautiful soft golden satiny glow you can find in powder form.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/22/2012 9:38:00 PM More reviews by CimCim

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this. I dont know how I lived before this. Use with a very light hand and let the magic begin ! Could be less shimmery though.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2012 10:44:00 AM More reviews by Joliheart26

Love this product! You can keep it subtle by applying just a little tiny bit, or go heavier for a night out. It's a beautiful product. Very shimmery (not glittery) so if you like shimmer you will like this. Adorable packaging, too!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2012 2:52:00 PM More reviews by missmanic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm just too oily for highlighters, but I can see how this could be HG status for some. I would prefer if it were more finely milled, it's a bit heavy. Guess I have a giant eyeshadow now!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2012 2:24:00 PM More reviews by Jerena

I got it because i watched the a GossMakeupArtist video about highlighters and i was looking for one, so i finally got it. Nice color that looks very natural and perfect for every day use. The other good thing is the amount of product you get for the price, i think it will last me all my life. My only problem is it very pigmented and hard to apply the right amount of product, you have to be very careful and don't overdo it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2012 6:48:00 PM More reviews by liz48170

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Bought for 1/2 price which impacts my review. Basically, this was an add to my make up kit that I do not need (I have JM illuminator and other illuminators....but this had a high review)

I like the packaging, I like the product, lovely for parties, going out, evening, day highlighting of inner corners of eyes.

Too much glitter for me for an everyday look (I like the no make up barely applied make up).

Excellent though.

I like everything I have ever purchased from theBALM and love the TM as well.

The quality is high, the cost (I get for half) very reasonable, the amount you get is HUGE, the look is subtle a not in your face product that is versatile

rated 4 of 5 on 12/7/2012 8:32:00 AM More reviews by ellenmarie1959

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Although I gave it a "4" for overall rating, and it's a good product, next time I will go back to liquid highlighter. I find them easier to control during application and more natural looking (my cheekbones aren't the best to work with). I adore the retro packaging but I have a hard time controlling the application with a brush and not have all those little mica chips sitting in my fine lines around the eye socket. I think for a younger woman this would be a great thing to carry around for nighttime: a little dusting on your cheekbones, decolletage...all the things that are sagging on me.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2012 5:46:00 PM More reviews by ggarcia

OK so this is the first day I wear it. I bought it off Hautelook, so a little cheaper than if i would have bought it at Ulta or thebalm.com.. I am a HUGE fan of highlighters. I have been using some treatments to treat acne and my face has been doing really good lately so I use highlighter to give me a more glowy, healthy appearance. I am wearing this to work today and O M G. it is the most BEAUTIFUL shade i've ever had. And mind you I am a makeup junkie. I have Nars-Albatross, (too yellow), Mac-Pearl cream base, OK but too much of a hassle, MAC-soft & gentle it;'s ok but you can see the specks of glitter, (Too faced- bunny highlighter, the highlighter is ok, but it's hard to just grab one color, the list goes on..
this is the BEST color, texture, appearance, everything! i'm so happy i came across the reviews for this because it is my new fave! oh and i'm wearing it on my brow bone and it gives the most beautiful glow ever!