October 26, 2014 | 903 users online

Highlighters - TheBalm - Mary-Lou Manizer

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2013 8:01:00 AM More reviews by cleogirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I am a highlighter addict, I seriously have a problem with acquiring every highlighter anyone recommends. I must have a gazillion liquid, cream, powder highlighters. I do think they add a lot to any look and this one is no exception. I picked this one up because I tried out TheBalm's NudeTude palette and adore it and am a sucker for cute packaging. This highlighter really does live up to what everyone says - the shade is universal, the formula is smooth and very blendable and the product itself is highly pigmented so a little goes a long way. Trust me, I will never use this up! I usually press this onto the top of my cheekbones and move up to the side of my face to make the letter "C" and then blend it out. The compact itself is very cute with a big round mirror I love. All in all I'm very very impressed with TheBalm -can't wait to pick up more items from them!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2013 10:57:00 AM More reviews by MsPsylocke

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I wanted to try this highlighter because I have JM illuminizer but really wanted to try a power. Just like everyone else I really like this product. It's so easy to give it 5 lippie's because it really is amazing. I'm an NW15-20 and this gold color just looks beautiful on my moon burnt skin;). The color is perfect with my pink undertones and is very soft and finely milled. I use it with a medium size bronzer brush swirl tap and then i apply it after my blush to my cheekbones. I do a little on my nose and a touch on my brow bone,cupid,inner eye but I mostly use it to highlight my cheeks.

I highly recommend this because I have had no experience with highlighters. With this it's kinda full proof so if your new to highlighting I really recommend this because it's easy to learn and it is very forgiving. I watched one 3 minute YouTube tutorial and it was no problem and made my cheekbones look awesome. I always thought using a product like this is just too much makeup but no way would I think that now.

It's an enhancer and the MaryLou is my favorite without a doubt. It is also awesome because it compliments a multitude of skin tones and it isn't too glittery so I can see myself using this for more than just special occasions without a doubt.I'm in <3 get it you will be really happy. Plus the packaging is awesome an for the price you get a lot of product. Totally happy with this purchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2013 12:08:00 AM More reviews by flylikeacg

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

Absolutely love this for my medium skin tone, im a NC35 in mac foundations btw, this highlighter is so much better than MAC mineralized skinfinishes, although i only have soft and gentle MSF to compare, i really really love this, gives me that nice and healthy glow to make my face glow and dewy skin:) LOVE

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2013 5:54:00 PM More reviews by Menolikepolos

It took me awhile to warm up to liking this product. I went through a highlighter phase, and this was one of the first I tried. Found it to be "too dramatic and shiny." Now, having tried several others, I prefer this one when I want a soft but (not subtle) highlight on my cheekbones. The champagne color is perfect, I now see the advantages over more "silvery" highlighters.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2013 12:35:00 AM More reviews by Babypretty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Michelle Phan youtube tutorial actually brought me to this product. I've NARS Albatross and I like it, but I find that it is too golden for my skin. Yet, this highlighter loved me back! I love how it well blends with my skin and make my skin super radiance!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2013 5:01:00 PM More reviews by stls

Ah, you know this warming feeling of the moment you realize you just found a new HG... This is the case with Mary-Lou Manizer!

Previously I was using MAC CCB in Pearl but although the color is pretty and very similar to Mary-Lou Manizer, the texture was hard to blend sometimes and longevity wasn't the greatest

Mary-Lou Manizer is an extremely pretty and perfectly pigmented almost creamy champagne powder. No frosty or glittery, just pearlescent glowy skin. It's not too golden, I can't imagine anyone looking bad with this if used lightly and blended (a fan or stippling brush would be ideal)
Hello gorgeous supermodel skin!
It has replaced all my highlighting eyeshadows too (except the completely matte Blanc type by MAC), so versatile.
Also, you get a massive amount of product (8.5 gr) for a reasonable pricetag.
And the round packaging feels sturdy, contains a large mirror and has that adorable retro design, sigh... what's not to love?

If you are looking for THE perfect champagne powder highlighter look no further!
Definitely in my top 3 beauty purchases of 2012 (along with Illusiore eyeshadow and YSL Matte and radiant pressed powder)

Edit: I keep receiving compliments on my prominent cheekbones and my radiant skin when I highlight with Mary-Lou Manizer and contour with MAC Pressed amber. I have not visible cheekbones normally and absolutely not radiant skin. I feel like a fraud, but oh well... blame it on the transforming power of quality make up!

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2013 5:43:00 AM More reviews by Sabsumaiya

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was never really a highlighter person, because I felt it never really made a difference, but this has completely converted me. Now highlighter is like my FAVOURITE part of makeup! It's perfect! I have tanned skin (Mac NC42), and it gives the perfect glow. I know this would work for lighter skin tones too though. LOVE IT!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2013 5:35:00 PM More reviews by AUSSIEMUMMA

Mary-Lou-Manizer is the BEST highlighter EVER! Beautiful on skin (and try a dot of it on your lip's cupid bow - WOW!) easy to apply, good packaging. Highly highly recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2012 10:59:00 PM More reviews by shelbysahara

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Best highlighter ever! Got it as a sample. Adds the prettiest glow, without being too glittery or making it seem like you have a bunch of crap on your face. Previously, I was using drugstore highlighters and was unimpressed with any of them. I'm not sure what the price of this is, but when my sample is out, I will buy a regular sized thing of it. I rarely spend money on higher end makeup, as I don't see much of a difference, but this is one of those products I will absolutely spend the extra money on!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2012 10:25:00 PM More reviews by misslu990

I received a small sample of this in a birchbox a while back. This is the perfect amount of shimmer and its finely milled so it blends nicely. I use this under my eye brows, inner corner of my eyes, and on top of my cheek bones to give a glowy effect. This has never broke my sensitive skin out or looked chalky on my skin. It gives off a silvery/pearly look on the skin. I have light skin and this doesn't look drastic on me. It only takes a little to get the look I'm going for. Luckily I receieved the full size in a swap and I love TheBalm's packaging. However I have had a problem with not this but the bronzer from TheBalm and the bronzer falling out of the packaging. So far no problem with this one, but I will make sure to be careful regardless. Will repurchase when I run out but that won't be any time soon.