October 26, 2014 | 1212 users online

Palettes - NYX - 10 Color Palette - Champagne & Caviar

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2009 12:27:00 AM More reviews by SimplyManda

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Other

I love this palette. It has all the neutrals I want/need on a daily basis, from dark browns to bone colors to the perfect light pink. It is great for my light skin, though I can see how some of the colors may not show up on darker skin. It is very low-priced even if I factor in shipping for buying it online (I believe $10 or less), and the texture and pigmentation are better than any other drugstore brand I have ever tried. I did find that I had to "tap" some of the colors into my lids instead of "swooshing" them on in order to get them to show up, but for the price that is nothing to me. I would definitely purchase this and other NYX palettes again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2009 6:16:00 PM More reviews by Tattykins

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This got me into doing neutral eyes. I love it. It blends so easy with the Nyx B12 brush I got at the same time. Its nicely pigmented, and not overly shimmery.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/25/2009 11:18:00 AM More reviews by tiff22

I bought this palette expecting such greatness.. and was totally disappointed. In my opinion the colors are all boring, dirty looking, and offer little pigmentation. I swapped it away, and she didn't like it either.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/21/2009 2:25:00 PM More reviews by 001enticing

this palette is alright , not the best. for $12.99CAD its not bad... some of the colours look very similar once on the lid. the black colour in the palette is somewhat chalky to me and not easy to blend. i felt that the colours were definetly not as pigmented as their singles. if i were to choose, i think purchasing the singles would be better .

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2009 10:58:00 AM More reviews by Katie5

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

First off I want to say that I have found the pigmentation of the shadows in this palette to be amazing. They are only slightly less buttery-feeling than my MAC shadows, which for the price is brilliant. I am very fair-skinned, so maybe that helps, and I have never used them without UDPP, but they apply beautifully and feel very smooth.

This palette is perfect for creating a work-appropriate daytime look. I'll give an example because I love reading about how people use palettes: today I used the shimmery beige colour second from the right on the top row all over the lid with the slightly darker colour to the right of that in the crease and on the lower lashline, and the dark brown in the middle of the bottom row to intensify the outer corner, then I highlighted my browbone with the white (which isn't nearly as scary as it looks and works perfectly as a highlight) and used the black shade on the bottom right wet to line. It has held up all day nd still looks great.

I am so impressed by this palette - I've never owned any NYX products before, but I just fell in love with the colours in Champagne and Caviar as soon as I saw them. I have found that the colours blend just as well as high end eyeshadows and have just as much pigmentation. The quality of the palette has surpassed my expectations and left me wanting more. I highly recommend this palette - for $7 (which I think worked out as 4.50, or even less, before P&P) it is an absolute bargain!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2009 1:21:00 AM More reviews by pretty_please

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I wanted to love this but for now I only like it. The shadows aren't very pigmented. Maybe they would be better with a base but its not my custom to use a base with neutrals as when i do a neutral eye I don't want something fussy and heavy and a base just adds another layer...which I'm just not gonna bother with for neutral looks. I also though the colors were overly warm, fortunately they apply somewhat less warm. The compact is cute and the price is good. I'll continue to use and play around with it but I don't think its going to be a must have for everyone. If you always wear eyeshadow bases and you love warm neutrals then you'll probably love this but for me it was just decent.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2009 12:49:00 AM More reviews by tripoli

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This palette is awesome for a low price, with a great neutral color selection. I'm very happy with the texture and pigmentation. The colors are right on par with the quality of the singles, which I've found to be very pigmented and rich. I only need a swipe of color and it looks the same on my lid as in the pan. The shimmery shades are gorgeous when applied wet and become shiny and luminous. I can use this palette for any occasion, night or day, and it's extremely portable and makes me feel organized to tote around in my purse. :)

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/3/2009 11:36:00 PM More reviews by quita_81

This palette is good for neutral looks and is very cheap. i have to use a base for the colors but it is worth it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2009 3:35:00 PM More reviews by Reservechic

This palette has a wonderful array of neutral, totally wear-able colors that would look great on everyone's eyes. I love the palette and I will definitely continue to purchase it in the future.

NYX's eyeshadows have better lasting power than MAC's eyeshadows, I have experienced. Also, NYX's eyeshadows have creamy textures, are easy to blend, and I have never experiencing creasing with them whenever I wear them without an eyeshadow primer or not.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2009 3:16:00 PM More reviews by marcelapass

This palette is a dream, just perfect for all skin tones! The eye shadows are silky, long lasting, blendable and in wonderful wearable colors that work for anyone at any age. Great, NYX!