December 21, 2014 | 1790 users online

Treatments - OPI - Nail Envy - Original

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2009 4:16:00 AM More reviews by BarbwireDoll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love love love love love!

Since i've been using this, I havent had a single break of a nail.... and I've been working as a cleaner scrubbing tiles with phosphoric acid....

This stuff is amazing...my nails have never been so long and strong and healthy and even before. I can even get my index fingers to grow - albeit not at much as the others, but definate improvement.

Pro-Wide brush makes it easy to apply in seconds, dries quickly and clear.

I will use this for the rest of my life if I can....

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2009 11:52:00 AM More reviews by JCR1982

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I love Nail envy - I used to bite my nails because they weren't strong and wouldn't grow - now my nails are really long and are good condition. would definatelyt recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2009 1:15:00 AM More reviews by SoPolished

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I hear alot of complaints about this, but I think it is fantastic.

It does not yellow my nails or make them crack.

It does very quickly strengthen/harden my nails and I use it whenever my nails need it. I only use it for a week- maybe two and then go back to my regular foundation/base combination.

The only thing that has to be remembered is that this is a HARDENER, so if you use it everyday...your nails will become brittle. But this is not a downfall in my opinion, because this is not designed for everyday use.

If used as intended/directed- its great stuff. I always keep a bottle around.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2009 1:18:00 AM More reviews by pink_rosies

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

Fantastic product, my nails look instantly beautiful and grow SO fast with this!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2009 8:40:00 PM More reviews by Muartsy

Never fails to makes my nails peel like crazy. I also tried the matte formula with the same results. Nailtek Foundation II and Essie Protein Base Coat are wayyy better.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2009 10:24:00 AM More reviews by silverlilly

This is the ONLY nail hardner that has allowed me to grow my nails. I've tried many others, and had problems with chipping peeling, slow drying, too thick, too thin, etc etc....but Nail Envy seems to be perfect. MY nails are very weak and thin, and they begin to chip and peel as soon as they begin to grow out, but Nail Envy stops this. It has amazing staying power - I change it weekly, sometimes just adding another coat and waiting two weeks. The only compliant I have is the smell - it is extremely strong, and feels like it's irritating my lungs (make me cough) when I use it - that can't be good! Since I don't have to refresh it very often, I get around this by putting it on standing at the stove with the fan on (problem solved). It does tend to yellow the nails. Essie Sensitive base coat doesn't (so far) so I've been using it underneath. Great product - will definitely repurchase.
EDIT: Despite good results with this, I've stopped using it. The smell was too strong, and I'm not diligent about going to the stove fan to apply. The idea or formaldehyde being the active ingredient that creates cross-linking in the nail just doesn't sit well with me. New strategy: SH nail growth activator has been helping me keep my nails hydrated, and regular formaldehyde-free OPI polishes have been keeping my nails strong enough to grow out successfully. Plus, no yellow nails.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/17/2009 7:14:00 PM More reviews by s2bella

I bought Nail Envy Maintenance hoping that it would make my nails grow stronger after my acrylic nails had made my nails really brittle and breakable. I've used it for about 3 weeks and it has made my nails STOP growing. My nails use to grow pretty fast, but when I started using this, it stopped growing. It's been 3 weeks and my nails are still very very short (as if I had just cut them).

The polish has a dirty yellowish-brown tint when on your nails. It was very unexpected because in the bottle, it looks almost pink. It did make my nails a bit stronger, but for $14.50CD, I expected more.

This didn't work for me, but I have heard that it works for other people.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2009 4:17:00 PM More reviews by jenandhansun

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I always had problems with my nails splitting at the sides or bending once they got to ~0.5cm long. Thus, I recall having to always cut my nails because my index or middle fingernails eventually broke off. One day I was too lazy to choose a nail polish color, so I just put on my sister's Nail Envy. I noticed that my nails did not chip, and that they felt stronger than usual, especially when typing with long nails. This is now a must-have for me. I usually use this as a base coat instead of a top coat.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2009 9:29:00 PM More reviews by mzthisnthat

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Would I buy this product again? Yes, Yes, Yes! When I found out about this product after watching a YouTube video from "misschieveous" I decided to give it a shot and ordered a bottle from Ebay for about $6.99 (Regis Salon at the mall wanted $18.95, yikes!) I've been using this for about a month and my nails have stopped peeling and breaking at the tips and I actually have long nails. I change my polish once a week and use this as a refresher topcoat each night. I also started using a crystal nail file (try one, it'll save your nails), which has made a huge difference in my nails. Great products that work.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/31/2008 12:50:00 AM More reviews by Darkshadow

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'll start with what I like about the product.

The matte finish is nice, that way I can talk my boyfriend into using it to help with this one split on his thumbnail. It seems to help.

It doesn't miraculously strengthen my nails, but it does help a little bit..

The 'pro' wide brush is very useful, makes application quick.

The ingredients in it make me sick to the stomach. Who on earth would put formaldehyde in a beauty product! Especially when many people bite their nails! Oh dear...!!!

I'd repurchase if OPI changed the formula to not contain formaldehyde. I mean com'on, that's USED FOR EMBALMENT. OF DEAD PEOPLE! Also found in cigarettes. Yummy...