February 1, 2015 | 1448 users online

Cleansers - LUSH - Dark Angels

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2010 10:44:00 AM More reviews by wildflower85

I was wary when I got this scrub, knowing how my skin can react badly to things that are too rough or say they are deep-down-cleansing, but I have to say I'm impressed with Dark Angels.

I only use Dark Angels on the weekend (days when I don't wear makeup so I can give my skin a break) and often after I've been outside sweating in the garden or out hiking, and it just clears the sweat and oils off my face, and gets rid of absolutely everything left on my face from the week. My face feels slightly tight after scrubbing but not in a bad way, and it doesn't dry my skin out at all!

Yes, it's a little messy to use, but seriously, it's like having a mud mask/spa scrub in your shower and damn, that's a treat. If you just use it while you shower, there's nothing to clean up, and it rinses off thoroughly.

This is definitely a staple for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/25/2010 12:40:00 AM More reviews by bcolei

I love LUSH products, but this one didn't do anything for me. It was too harsh for my sensitive, but breakout-prone skin and it was very messy, too. After making my face break out even more, I used the rest of the product as a foot scrub.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2010 11:03:00 AM More reviews by jootje

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This scrub exfoliates really well and it always gives me a spa-like feeling while using it, probably because of the mud. It's a little more messy than regular scrub because it's black. I find it a bit harsh on the skin. It also leaves a film, so I always have to follow up with cleanser. I probably won't buy this again as I find it a bit too harsh and too much of a hassle, while the results aren't any better than with other scrubs.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2010 8:29:00 PM More reviews by kerroppi

very deep exfoliation. love the black licorice smell. have been using mine for a year and still seems fresh. leaves a film, but I find it comfortable. would not use this everyday, only once in a while when I feel I need a deeper scrub. Nice that you can use it as a mask as well. will buy again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2010 5:16:00 PM More reviews by xpinkangelx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I have really oily big-pore skin so decided to try this as it's ment to be for my skin type. This iss good for giving your skin a good clean and leaves my skin refreshed. It doesn't smell too nice but it does a good job and my skin seems to have cleared up a lot and my pores are a lot smaller. It's better than Angels on Bare Skin which was good but left me quite oily. This could possibly be too harsh, but I still use it twice a day because it cleans very well. A small problem with this is that it makes a big black mess everywhere which I don't mind cleaning up but the annoying part is that it gets stuck in my fingernails which doesn't come out very easily and makes me look like I have dirty hands but I can live with that lol.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2010 9:01:00 PM More reviews by mysterons

If you have oily/ combo skin and have a lush near you- you need to try this. If not- next time you order online from lush ask for a sample and us your sample once a week. This works really well, lasts a long time, and is completely worth the money.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2010 1:11:00 AM More reviews by Kately

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have a love/hate relationship with this. I love that it is both a scrub and a cleanser in one. I hate that it is so hard to wash off! I think this is great for oily/combo skin, it reminds me of Coalface, but it's not as drying and it has the added benefit of having ground charcoal in it to exfoliate your skin. The downside is that the charcoal can be really scratchy. It is also impossible to rinse off. Even if you use a face towel to wipe it off, you will still need to go through maybe 2 to 3 cotton balls with toner to completely remove this. I think it does help with acne and fighting oiliness, but the fact that it is so hard to remove makes this something I would not repurchase. Also, it's kind of harsh for everyday use. I do lovee the smell though, smells like licorice.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/1/2010 4:17:00 PM More reviews by ilovemac03

This product irritates my skin even if i use it with very light pressure. I have sensitive skin so i guess thats why, i prefer AOBS. I have yet to find a good scrub for my sensitive skin :(

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2010 12:31:00 PM More reviews by missbutterworth

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this is my first LUSH facial product and i must say i LOVE it! the skin glows after this and my pores are reduced! highly recommended.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2010 9:32:00 PM More reviews by MsSunshineGal27

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was recommended this product at LUSH because I am currently battling hormonal/pregnancy acne just on my forehead and temples. I was looking for something that would help smooth out the texture, control the oil and clear up the acne and this was it. It is quite messy, but I typically only use it in the shower. I don't mind the smell of charcoal and the grittiness is just what I was looking for. My face felt so smooth afterward and I also felt that my skin seemed brighter and less dull. I would not recommend this for sensitive or dry skin.