LUSH Dark Angels

Rhassoul Mud, Cold Pressed Avocado Oil, Glycerine, Powdered Charcoal, Black Sugar, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Perfume, Linalool, Sandalwood Oil, Rosewood oil (VEGAN)

on 9/29/2010 7:52:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This product cleans my face really well. However my nose does feel oily after about two hours but that is due to the super hot weather here in karachi ! At first I thought this product did not do much for me... felt really harsh on my skin but I guess I have discovered and keep finding new ways to make it more effective. First of all to see the real effect of it - I stopped using all other cleansers/soaps. Then I started using it in the shower after I am done - I feel the hot steam really makes it work hahaha. I felt the product left a 'film' on my skin so therefore a toner is A MUST ! Trust me you would be surprised at the black goo you'll see on the cotton pad ! I use MAC fix + btw. I would probably buy it again but since I asked my brother in the UK to get it for me... I think Ill try other LUSH stuff instead. Also the short expiry is annoying.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is my all time favorite cleanser/exfoliant. At first I tried using it every day, which dried my skin out horribly. I went back to Lush and bought Herbalism as an everyday wash and continued to use Dark Angles at night. Well, while in Lush today the SA suggested I use Ultra Bland with DA on top! Now I can use Dark Angles everyday! I get complimented on my skin almost everyday and I have Lush to thank for it. If you love DA but can't use it as often as you'd like, try it with Ultra Bland! I first bought this 3 months ago and I really can't live without it.

on 9/22/2010 3:15:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

My skin feels surprisingly soft after it, though it seems to be a bit harsh for the first time. I think its a nice scrub mask for a non-sensitive skin. Unfortunately I tend to break out after it.

on 9/5/2010 3:47:00 PM

I purchased Dark Angels on Friday afternoon and have used it 3 times since. People have already noticed a difference in my skin, and overall appearance of my face. This stuff is amazing!!! My skin feels so soft yet so clean when I use this, and my normally ridiculously oily skin does not shine at all even 8 hours later. This is something I will never, ever be without!!!

on 9/4/2010 12:16:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I love this product, I have been using it for a while now, but not so much as a cleanser than as a weekly exfoliant. I like how you are able to decide how much exfoliation you want with this cleanser by adding more or less water. I have really oily skin & I don't know that it has improved my oily-ness but I definitely like this product to help unclog pores and remove dead skin. Sometimes I also like to leave it on my face for a few minutes as a mask. This product smells the same as Coal Face cleanser or Enzymion moisturizer, a little like black licorice, I guess, but I like it. And I also love how inexpensive it is!

on 8/12/2010 6:51:00 PM

i really like the dark angel product. i only need to you a quarter size amount in my hand to spread and cover my whole face. it really removes all the oil and dirt thats built up over the day and leaves my skin feeling tight and soft and it doesnt smell bad either. the packaging isnt cute just simple plastic container and i put the price as inexpensive simply because a small container goes a very long way. i've noticed some people have written that it is hard to get off after but i havent found it to be any trouble to remove. definetly going to buy it again.

on 8/9/2010 5:16:00 AM

This is a very intense exfoliator. And I donīt know how, but it manages to not irritate my sensitive skin when Iīm using it. But I have to be really careful to apply it without rubbing to much, and I have to use a very light touch, because that stuff exfoliates like nothing else and also works like a purifying mask at the same time. For me, daily use would be way too intense, but from time to time it is really nice to use. And it looks very funny, having that black stuff in the face :-)

on 8/2/2010 8:35:00 PM

Quite possibly my HG exfoliator for my face. It leaves my skin feeling amazing after each use and the pot has lasted me for the longest time. Great value for money. I only use it every other evenings after removing my makeup but my skin looks and feels a lot better since I started using it.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I HATE THIS! It stays on your face and gets stuck in your pores even after rinsing multiple times. Even after using another cleanser after washing with the DA, I looked like a coal miner with a dirty face. I don't have the time or money to be using two different face cleansers and tons of toner to get my face clean. Sorry LUSH, bad product.

on 6/25/2010 2:33:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

This is my night cleanser and I am sticking with it!

It cleanses and exfoliates and leaves my face feeling clean. I have an oily T zone but dryness around the base of my nose and my cheeks with occasional white heads popping up to say hello. Since using this I haven't had flakes around my nose or an overabundance of oil in my T zone.

I bought a 12 dollar jar of it (one thing I love is you can actually say "i want x dollars of this product and you can get just that, so even on a budget you can pick some up). It balls up a bit in the jar and when I'm in the shower I pick up a small ball of it add a little water and make a paste in my palm. With the other hand i use my fingers to apply it around my face and its a good amount. The smell is herbally and doesn't smell gross to me at all.

A little goes a LONG way with this product so my 12 dollar jar will last me at LEAST 5 months. I've been using it a month already and it looks like I've barely touched it. Great value imo.