Kat Von D Tattoo Concealer

3.8

All shades contain: Cyclopentasiloxane, Water, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Isododecane, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Polysilicone-11, Hexyl Laurate Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Lecithin, Quaternium-90 Bentonite, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Sodium Chloride, C18-36 Acid Triglyceride, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Stearic Acid, Caprylyl Glycol, Propylene, Carbonate, Silica, Alumina, Potassium Sorbate, Hexylene Glycol, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Phenoxyethanol. /- Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

on 1/11/2011 1:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Great concealer! I am a fan of Kat von D's work, and coming out with her makeup line, I had support her. I met her in Sephora on 34th St (NYC) years ago, when she just came out with her line, and she is the sweetest celebrity I have met so far. This tattoo concealer does not disappoint! I am unsure its qualities about covering an actual tattoo, but it covers my undereye circles, and acne spots very, very well. The staying power is amazing, and leaves a very natural finish on my skin. I bought this in Medium and matches my skintone nicely. The price tag is expensive, but a product that works this well is worth the cost. I will definitely repurchase this product, and recommend to others.

on 1/3/2011 11:11:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I was really excited to try this concealer when I first heard about it. I have some acne scars on my face from years back that I have not been able to cover very well with any other drugstore concealer, plus I have very dry skin so most concealers look flaky and gross when I use them. I do like that there are more than just a couple of shade selections and the squeeze tube packaging is great, but I don't believe that this concealer is quite as good as it was made out to be. I find that it doesn't conceal my scars any better than the Maybelline dream matte mousse concealer did and I definitely don't think it would work well for covering a tattoo!! It works decently for undereye coverage and doesn't really crease much (but I use very little in that area). All in all, I would say that this concealer is just slightly above mediocre. It's not drying like many others, but it doesn't cover all that well either.

on 1/1/2011 11:16:00 PM

This is a great product! I don't only use it as a concealer, but overall as a makeup for my face. I use the shade porcelain, which is great for me. I'm amazed by the great range of colors and that she really came out with a great light shade for fair skinned people like me. The concealer is oil-free and with the right primer underneath it stays in place all day! Wonderful.

on 12/6/2010 1:25:00 PM

This is a great concealer! Such good consistency. i got this in shade: Tan. Until recently i had been using MAC Studio Finish Concelar, and it just didnt last all day. KVD Concealer lasts All day, looks very natural and is very buildable if you need more coverage. Price $25 at Sephora. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE.
ps - it tends to get a little dry for under eyes, if you apply a moisturizer right before it should take care of the problem. Works great for me!

on 11/28/2010 8:53:00 PM

HATE, HATE, HATE! If you have dark undereyes DO NOT buy this product!

on 11/2/2010 12:48:00 AM

I am an NC 20 for reference. I have this in the medium shade. It is a light yellow tone which is perfect for me. I use this under my eyes and it works great. It takes VERY little to cover a small area. I apply it with my fingers and it works well. I like this concealer a lot. As far as covering a tattoo I don't really know but I'd assume that it would work well as it can be laid on kind of thick. I use this with the under eye brightener pencil and its a perfect pairing. It is kind of expensive- $23 or so at Sephora and the pencil is $14 but it works! :)

on 10/27/2010 3:22:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I don't have one tattoo - so dont let the name deceive you!; but in a Kat Von D video she used this concealer for under her eyes (and her tattoos). It was amazing the coverage that this gives under eye darkness! It is beautiful and obviosuly very versatile.

I always set the concealer with poweder (Bobbi Brown loose powder) for a matte finish!

I bought the Medium Concealer and it is perfect!

on 10/26/2010 10:35:00 PM

This is a great concealer! Nice consistency, good coverage, long lasting-lightest shade very nice match for my fair skin- I'm pleased.

on 10/10/2010 9:22:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

So far this is my HG concealer along with Benefit's Erase Paste. I got it in a kit with a full-sized TFSI, cream shadow, and eyeshadow for about $30 and it's the smaller version instead of the full size. While I love EP, I like that the Tattoo Concealer comes in a squeezy tube so I can control how much I want to use. I've never really owned a high-end concealer before (other than Benefit's) and while I love EP, the color was a tad bit too dark for my skin and sometimes it'd leave me slightly orangey if I didn't blend it in all the way. Plus, I just wanted to try something else out. I cringed at the $25 price tag, but I figured.. hell, you get what you pay for so I caved in. I bought the "Light" color which I've noticed is a little too light for my skin, but I can still blend it in nicely and sometimes I even use my too-dark EP and it works out nicely! You only need a little bit to cover up the area. I use my concealer for blemishes b/c I have acne-prone skin which is scarred. I also suffer from constant break-outs no matter what. I'm a stressed person I guess. LOL.. Anyways, this works wonders for blemishes and it covers up EVERYTHING! The only thing it didn't work on was my HUGE cystic acne bump, but I didn't expect it to as there's nothing that can make that nasty bugger look good LOL. I just have a skin-colored bump basically. I feel so much more confident knowing that I can actually cover up my acne scars and don't have to look like a nasty hormonal teenager haha. This stuff lasts on me pretty much all day until I get into my extreme oiliness or if I accidentally wipe my face. So far, this is my HG and while the price is a little expensive.. I would repurchase in a heartbeat! Next time I'll go a shade up though and see if that blends in with my skin a little better. :)

on 10/5/2010 2:17:00 PM

This is a GREAT concealer. It does a terrific job of covering under eye darkness, blemishes and hyper-pigmentation from sun damage. I use the Medium. I wear Smashbox Halo Foundation in Light and I'm a 3 (Beige) in Bobbi Brown foundation. I tried the Light, but it was too light, gave an almost blue look under the eyes. When I tried the Medium, it was perfect.

Top Rated Kat Von D Products