October 20, 2014 | 859 users online

Concealers - Kat Von D - Tattoo Concealer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2010 12:30:00 AM More reviews by rguffin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I adore this concealer. The best i have ever used. Color matches perfectly with my foundation and skin.
I saw Kat on TV and heard it covers tats, so it must be great on skin to cover redness and blemishes right?
RIGHT!

My tube is half gone and i already have my trip planned to Ulta to buy another.

Can't live without it :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2010 11:18:00 AM More reviews by wagashi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I got this after I saw a post on the MU board by a girl who listed every concealer she had ever used (it was a huge list!) and then recommended this and a concealer by Cargo as the best she had ever used. Since they don't carry Cargo at Sephora anymore I decided to get this, even though I was originally sort of opposed to buying a celebrity-gimmicky line product. But it turns out that this is actually a great product. I don't use this on my tattoos at all and I'd imagine that it would look sort of ridiculous to have a tattoo-shaped blob of concealer on your body, but for undereye circles I'm really glad I read that girl's review and got this. I matched myself to the color Sand which is perfect for me. I like that it's very neutral. It's tacky going on, but this texture is exactly why it stays. I don't set it with powder -- I pat it lightly only on the dark parts of my undereye and then go brush my teeth, then I wipe off the excess that has gathered in the little lines under my eye (it's bound to happen). This is usually the only time I ever have to fix up this concealer, unless my undereye area is especially dry one day and I get creasing when I smile or laugh. It's essential that you apply some sort of cream under your eye or this stuff is going to dry out your undereye area and make it look worse like most products that are meant to stay for a long time tend to do. But if you apply correctly, this stuff is amazing. I would recommend it to anyone with dark circles. For reference, I don't use it anywhere but my undereye circles as I use Murad's blemish concealer for any spots.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2010 1:19:00 AM More reviews by forcedorgasm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

i got this as a sample from sephora in almond. it's one of the worse concealers ive ever tried. it casted a gray hue under my super dark under eye darkness.. i have to use other concealers to mix and blend a usable shade. alone, it doesnt seem to give opaque coverage.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/18/2010 7:43:00 AM More reviews by fittobetied

I really like this stuff...a little goes a long way! I use it for under the eye and around the nose....finish with Studio Fix and it is perfect!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2010 11:44:00 AM More reviews by InCognito1223

I don't see why all the negative comments. I love that it's a thick concealer. You only need a dab and it's buildable. So far after trying tons of other concealers this one is at the top of my list.....I also like Jane @ Walmart but, I believe it's been discontinued.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/8/2010 11:38:00 PM More reviews by mimimachine

At Sephora, had the salesgirl try various concealers on my very dark circles. I've heard this concealer can cover tattoos so I figured I'd have some luck with my under eye circles. It was applied by the salesperson using a concealer brush and it looked like it made no difference at all on my under eye circles. In fact, I didn't even look like I was wearing product at all. On my hand, it was thick and cakey. Kat Von D's makeup line is nothing but a cheap gimmick... just like her tattoos. Would never buy this especially not for the ridiculously high price, crappy packaging, and certainly would NOT pay for her name.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/29/2010 9:03:00 PM More reviews by haf256

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i tried this on at sephora and man, this concealer is so thick and cakey. the SA put it on my under eye circles and it looked splotchy and fake.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/27/2010 4:09:00 PM More reviews by sawmakeup

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I don't use this to cover tats, so I can't comment on that, despite the name. I use it on my undereye circles and the occasional blemish. A little goes a LONG way. I think it's the best concealer I've found...but it is very flat in finish. Skin isn't flat like this, so I put an apricot tinted powder on top, and then it's perfect. Blends easily, covers blemishes easily. I have had the same tube for almost a year now and I'm nowhere near done, so I do think it's expensive, but it lasts forever. I keep it really clean because I don't want to buy it again yet! I'm extremely fair with blue undereye circles, and this works for me, but I wish she would change the sheen a little bit--like I said, it's too flat, and I wish it had just a tiny bit of sheen like real skin does. I make it work because otherwise it is good at concealing whatcha don't wanna show.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/22/2010 4:17:00 PM More reviews by Spyrit

I bought this for its intended use - to cover one of my tattoos. First off I was told that I had to buy it with the pencil for best effect, which really boosted the price. The sales lady told me to apply it in layers.

Not only did this not cover my tattoo AT ALL, but the amount of product I had to apply just to see a small change left my leg looking like it had thick, cakey makeup on it (which, well yeah, it did). I bought it in the lightest shade, but after all these layers, it was too dark. It looked like someone with too-dark foundation rubbed their face all over my leg. Plus, my tattoo was still there; it just looked funny.

I'm really disappointed. For someone who knows her tattoos, you wouldn't think Kat von D would put her name behind this product, which clearly does nothing to cover.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2010 11:05:00 PM More reviews by mshsamiha

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Finally found the perfect concealer for my darkish yellow skin...I LOVE THIS CONCEALER...it workss perfectly and totally covers up all my blemishes and even my dark circles...It is a perfect match for my skin..I have dry skin but this concealer does not dry up my skin or make it too oily..its as if i have nothing on my face...I TOTALLY LOVE THIS PRODUCT AND EVEN THOUGH ITS A LITTLE PRICY I DO RECOMMEND IT TO EVERYONE....

p.s a little goes a long way =)