July 24, 2014 | 2160 users online

Concealers - Kat Von D - Tattoo Concealer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 7/8/2010 11:38:00 PM More reviews by mimimachine

At Sephora, had the salesgirl try various concealers on my very dark circles. I've heard this concealer can cover tattoos so I figured I'd have some luck with my under eye circles. It was applied by the salesperson using a concealer brush and it looked like it made no difference at all on my under eye circles. In fact, I didn't even look like I was wearing product at all. On my hand, it was thick and cakey. Kat Von D's makeup line is nothing but a cheap gimmick... just like her tattoos. Would never buy this especially not for the ridiculously high price, crappy packaging, and certainly would NOT pay for her name.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/29/2010 9:03:00 PM More reviews by haf256

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i tried this on at sephora and man, this concealer is so thick and cakey. the SA put it on my under eye circles and it looked splotchy and fake.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/27/2010 4:09:00 PM More reviews by sawmakeup

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I don't use this to cover tats, so I can't comment on that, despite the name. I use it on my undereye circles and the occasional blemish. A little goes a LONG way. I think it's the best concealer I've found...but it is very flat in finish. Skin isn't flat like this, so I put an apricot tinted powder on top, and then it's perfect. Blends easily, covers blemishes easily. I have had the same tube for almost a year now and I'm nowhere near done, so I do think it's expensive, but it lasts forever. I keep it really clean because I don't want to buy it again yet! I'm extremely fair with blue undereye circles, and this works for me, but I wish she would change the sheen a little bit--like I said, it's too flat, and I wish it had just a tiny bit of sheen like real skin does. I make it work because otherwise it is good at concealing whatcha don't wanna show.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/22/2010 4:17:00 PM More reviews by Spyrit

I bought this for its intended use - to cover one of my tattoos. First off I was told that I had to buy it with the pencil for best effect, which really boosted the price. The sales lady told me to apply it in layers.

Not only did this not cover my tattoo AT ALL, but the amount of product I had to apply just to see a small change left my leg looking like it had thick, cakey makeup on it (which, well yeah, it did). I bought it in the lightest shade, but after all these layers, it was too dark. It looked like someone with too-dark foundation rubbed their face all over my leg. Plus, my tattoo was still there; it just looked funny.

I'm really disappointed. For someone who knows her tattoos, you wouldn't think Kat von D would put her name behind this product, which clearly does nothing to cover.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2010 11:05:00 PM More reviews by mshsamiha

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Finally found the perfect concealer for my darkish yellow skin...I LOVE THIS CONCEALER...it workss perfectly and totally covers up all my blemishes and even my dark circles...It is a perfect match for my skin..I have dry skin but this concealer does not dry up my skin or make it too oily..its as if i have nothing on my face...I TOTALLY LOVE THIS PRODUCT AND EVEN THOUGH ITS A LITTLE PRICY I DO RECOMMEND IT TO EVERYONE....

p.s a little goes a long way =)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2010 3:55:00 AM More reviews by soniawonia

This is a really good concealer. I don't use it for my tats so I don't know how it works for that. A little goes a very long way. It lasts all day and doesn't get greasy. Comes with a ton of product. I got it in almond but It's a shade too light, so I'm gonna get the next shade up next time. I've had the same tube since January and I still have about a month or 2 left of product. I will definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/31/2010 9:50:00 PM More reviews by ellenmarie1959

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Although this is a pretty good concealer (I got mine in "Sand", a good match for my NC15 skin), it did not hide a blue nevis on my cheek that I figured has about the same pigmentation as a tattoo.

Sadly, I have yet to find a concealer that will completely hide these close to surface blue spidery veins. I think saline injection is pretty much in my future.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2010 10:25:00 PM More reviews by anniejade

LOVE IT!!! I got this in sand and it is a great match! I am obsessed with undereye concealers and this one works wonders. I put such a thin layer, and it works like magic. All you need to do is set it with a powder after and it stays very long. I have absolutely no creasing or settling in fine lines either. I need to try it a little bit longer but this is HG status! Also, though it is pricey, the tube is quite large and will last me for a very looong time since so little is needed.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/18/2010 9:38:00 PM More reviews by Deim

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I do not have tattoos, but I bought this for my dark circles and acne. Let's keep this short:
-Too yellow
-Doesn't conceal dark circles
-Semi-good at covering acne
-Thick in a bad way
-Doesn't really dry
-Makes my skin oily
-Weird texture
-Might be making acne worse. I'm not sure but it could have a hand.
-Wasted money on birthday for this.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2010 3:23:00 PM More reviews by LuxLasVegas

LOVE this. I have tattoos, but don't want to cover them... I use this on my face! EXCELLENT concealer/foundation. I don't have sensitivity problems, so I'm fearless about trying new things on my facial-skin. If you have a similar situation and LOVE very opaque coverup, this is for you!