Kat Von D Tattoo Concealer

3.8

All shades contain: Cyclopentasiloxane, Water, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Isododecane, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Polysilicone-11, Hexyl Laurate Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Lecithin, Quaternium-90 Bentonite, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Sodium Chloride, C18-36 Acid Triglyceride, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Stearic Acid, Caprylyl Glycol, Propylene, Carbonate, Silica, Alumina, Potassium Sorbate, Hexylene Glycol, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Phenoxyethanol. /- Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

on 1/29/2011 1:54:00 PM

This concealer applies on very matte. It is medium to full coverage. I don't personally use it to cover tattoos but I have used it for under eye circles and blemishes.

I find that it covers well but has a very 'dull' look to it. I usually tap a light-reflecting concealer overtop of it to help it blend better with the rest of my skin. It also acts well as a base/primer.

The concealer is suitable for warm skin toned people, as it has a fairly prominent yellow tint to it.

I would re-purchase.

on 1/23/2011 10:14:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

I've only had this for a couple months and omgoodness, this stuff is amazing. I have a little bit of redness on my cheeks and this concealer works wonders! I think I got one shade lighter so it brightens my skin up. It covers my slight dark circles fantastically and I don't even wear foundation sometimes.
Only thing, if I don't moisturize well, it emphasizes some of my flakiness. That is the only downside. This is not a HG product but I'll definitely be buying this again :)

on 1/21/2011 10:11:00 AM

I have been using this product for a few months now, and its safe for me to say that this is one of my favorite concealers. For reference, I wear MUFE HD #120, i think im around NC20 in Mac (although i do not wear mac fdtns) and Warm Ivory in BB.

My trusted concealers in the past and still in my rotation at MUFE Lift (for undereyes) Lancome Effacernes (for undereyes) and MUFE Full Cover (for blemishes).

I wanted to branch out and try a new concealer for my undereyes, and after reading some reviews, I was curious to try this one. (I am still waiting for HC Glamoflauge to arrive in Canada) It is a bit pricey, but a little goes a long way with this one.

I purchased the shade Light, and it is the most perfect match in any concealer. Its bang on for my skin. The consistency is a bit different than my other concealers - this one definitely feels more moisturizing and kind of slippy at first when i apply it. I apply a very small pea size amount for both eyes. I use my fingers, and dab it on and the roll my finger to sort of press it into my skin to make sure it blends seamlessly. I set with either Benefit powerflauge or MUFE HD pwdr and i cant believe how much coverage i get, yet it doesnt look thick or cakey.

I also am a fan of using concealer to cancel out the pigmentation of my lips, so i can achieve a true nude lip, and this is by far my favorite to use on my lips because it absolutely does not dry them out. its so creamy it actually feels like it moisturizes my lips.

I have also used this on spots on my face and it covers well.

Definitely love this concealer, and im sure the tube will last me a while.

on 1/11/2011 1:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Great concealer! I am a fan of Kat von D's work, and coming out with her makeup line, I had support her. I met her in Sephora on 34th St (NYC) years ago, when she just came out with her line, and she is the sweetest celebrity I have met so far. This tattoo concealer does not disappoint! I am unsure its qualities about covering an actual tattoo, but it covers my undereye circles, and acne spots very, very well. The staying power is amazing, and leaves a very natural finish on my skin. I bought this in Medium and matches my skintone nicely. The price tag is expensive, but a product that works this well is worth the cost. I will definitely repurchase this product, and recommend to others.

on 1/3/2011 11:11:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I was really excited to try this concealer when I first heard about it. I have some acne scars on my face from years back that I have not been able to cover very well with any other drugstore concealer, plus I have very dry skin so most concealers look flaky and gross when I use them. I do like that there are more than just a couple of shade selections and the squeeze tube packaging is great, but I don't believe that this concealer is quite as good as it was made out to be. I find that it doesn't conceal my scars any better than the Maybelline dream matte mousse concealer did and I definitely don't think it would work well for covering a tattoo!! It works decently for undereye coverage and doesn't really crease much (but I use very little in that area). All in all, I would say that this concealer is just slightly above mediocre. It's not drying like many others, but it doesn't cover all that well either.

on 1/1/2011 11:16:00 PM

This is a great product! I don't only use it as a concealer, but overall as a makeup for my face. I use the shade porcelain, which is great for me. I'm amazed by the great range of colors and that she really came out with a great light shade for fair skinned people like me. The concealer is oil-free and with the right primer underneath it stays in place all day! Wonderful.

on 12/6/2010 1:25:00 PM

This is a great concealer! Such good consistency. i got this in shade: Tan. Until recently i had been using MAC Studio Finish Concelar, and it just didnt last all day. KVD Concealer lasts All day, looks very natural and is very buildable if you need more coverage. Price $25 at Sephora. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE.
ps - it tends to get a little dry for under eyes, if you apply a moisturizer right before it should take care of the problem. Works great for me!

on 11/28/2010 8:53:00 PM

HATE, HATE, HATE! If you have dark undereyes DO NOT buy this product!

on 11/2/2010 12:48:00 AM

I am an NC 20 for reference. I have this in the medium shade. It is a light yellow tone which is perfect for me. I use this under my eyes and it works great. It takes VERY little to cover a small area. I apply it with my fingers and it works well. I like this concealer a lot. As far as covering a tattoo I don't really know but I'd assume that it would work well as it can be laid on kind of thick. I use this with the under eye brightener pencil and its a perfect pairing. It is kind of expensive- $23 or so at Sephora and the pencil is $14 but it works! :)

on 10/27/2010 3:22:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I don't have one tattoo - so dont let the name deceive you!; but in a Kat Von D video she used this concealer for under her eyes (and her tattoos). It was amazing the coverage that this gives under eye darkness! It is beautiful and obviosuly very versatile.

I always set the concealer with poweder (Bobbi Brown loose powder) for a matte finish!

I bought the Medium Concealer and it is perfect!

Top Rated Kat Von D Products