April 17, 2014 | 908 users online

Concealers - Kat Von D - Tattoo Concealer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2010 5:14:00 PM More reviews by Terminatrix

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really like this stuff. At first when the Sephora lady recommended it to me I was thinking, TATTOO concealer? What? I just want to help cover blemishes and some bags... However with the right tools this stuff works VERY well. If you dont put a primer on your face before any concealer or foundation you are not going to get good coverage anywhere.

I used this in SAND and it covers wonderfully over my blemishes and undereye circles

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2010 8:02:00 PM More reviews by lacubanita

I didn't think anything would cover my dark under-eye circles until I found this concealer. I don't have any tattoos, but I do have some tired-looking eyes and this concealer covers them perfectly. I originally discovered this because I banged my knee and got a bruise, and I wanted to cover it for a wedding I was attending. I went to Sephora to check out what they had. It came down to Kat Von D and Make Up Forever full cover concealer. The Kat Von D tattoo concealer matched my skin perfectly and was so much more blendable ... you would never know I had a bruise. I decided to try it on my eyes as well, and it was just amazing. I look like I actually sleep! The Make Up Forever concealer was right out. I felt like I was going to damage the fragile skin around my eyes just trying to blend it in, and it was very difficult to get a color match. In the past I have used Bobbi Brown creamy concealer and corrector, but they slid right off my face and creased horribly. The Kat Von D is a happy medium ... blendable, great coverage, not too drying and not too slippery. I do have dry skin around my eyes and this is a tiny bit drying, but it's nothing a little moisturizer doesn't fix. If your skin is normal, you might not have an issue. I will definitely be using this product for a long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2010 6:20:00 AM More reviews by tazzzzzy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

this is the best concealer i have ever tried....light...not greasy at all..tried alot...and i mean ALOT of different concealers...some were too think and heavy...and would crease in my wrinklles (im 50 years old)...but this is awesome! Would never buy anything else again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2010 1:51:00 PM More reviews by Faffinette89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is the best concealer I've used. I used to use mac studio tech concealer but the colors were off and it faded away and was thick. The kat concealer is around $10 more but comes in squeeze bottle so it's more sanitary and less messy. I use it mainly for under eye circles and occasional blemishes. This stuff covers! I haven't found anything that would cover my dark circles until this. I got it in tan, for reference I'm nc42. This stuff will stay on all day without fading away. Perfect! Worth the price if you've struggled with covering dark circles

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2010 8:36:00 PM More reviews by xDOLLFACEx

Im really not sure how i feel about it. I tried 2 samples of it, tried Sand and Light.
Sand is a little too light for me but its a good brightener. Light is more my shade but not as bright, but thats ok. As for coverage its light to medium and can be layered w/out looking cakey. it kinda covers my dark circles but at the same time really dosnt. Finishing look is natural looking. But after a while of wearing it, it kinda fades away and you have to apply more.

So all together its not a bad concealer but its certainly not amazing and not what i expected. So i def. would not pay 25 bucks for it. But! i do have to say that it covers acne scares very very VERY well, i absolutely cant see them at all. :D

So if your looking to cover dark circles, this prob. isnt for you. But if your looking to cover blemish marks, then this Is for you.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2010 1:26:00 AM More reviews by briii

the only reason i give this concealer a 4 is because of the color selection. i bought it in the lightest color which i think is porcelin, and it was a tad too dark for me and a little too yellow. its a good concealer otherwise. it covers nicely, and you would think so cuz its a tattoo concealer. it lasts long if i put a setting powder over it. overall its a nice concealer but the color selection is kinda disappointing.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2010 6:44:00 AM More reviews by UDMAC

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Tattoo concealer? You figure this stuff would be heavy duty right? Well i layered and layered but it wasnt enough coverage for me. I had a black eye and this stuff couldnt cover it one bit. It did however work on little zits but for undereyes, it creased on my oily skin.pros- i love the packaging. its nice to look at, hygenic, and easy to use. But for heavy coverage, ill opt for other stuff. Oh btw, i used it on my tattoo and it couldnt cover it.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/2/2010 12:07:00 AM More reviews by catpower9

This is a great concealer for me. I have this is in 2 shades to mix, porcelain and light. The porcelain is super pale almost off white with a pink tone and light is more neutral . I mix in just a hint of the porcelain to lighten the light shade. This stuff covers really well but I don't think it could cover a tattoo . You only need a small amount . I mostly use this around my nose area to cover slight redness. I think you would need to use a good eye cream for under the eye area or it could be too dry. I use YSL touch eclat under my eye with a touch of foundation mixed in with my eye area prepped with eye creme. I will have to try this under my eye and report back.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2010 11:18:00 AM More reviews by hedberkm

I love this concealer! So much so, that I stopped using my foundation and use this instead! I use it only where I need to cover (acne scars, red areas, under-eyes) over my tinted foundation. I noticed that my skin looked so much better in pictures when I used this product, versus when I wore foundation.

I'm very fair with pink undertones and "light" is the perfect shade for me. A little goes a long way, so while I've had this product for at least 6 months now I still have a mostly full tube!

I have very sensitive skin and I haven't had a single problem with this product irritating my skin. So glad a Sephora employee lead me to this product!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2010 4:34:00 PM More reviews by Lomonster

The best concealer I have ever had! I am pretty fair, but have yellow undertones and always have a hard time w/ finding something not too pinky or too orangy. Sand is the perfect color! I mainly use it for past acne scars. Covers great and stays on all day (and is waterproof!). I love that it does not make me break out and does not smudge through out the day. Kind of expensive ($25) but soooo worth it!
Btw, it tends to be a little watery your first usage or so, so make sure you shake it and a wait a couple of applications before the consistancy will thicken.