Kat Von D Tattoo Concealer

3.8

All shades contain: Cyclopentasiloxane, Water, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Isododecane, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Polysilicone-11, Hexyl Laurate Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Lecithin, Quaternium-90 Bentonite, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Sodium Chloride, C18-36 Acid Triglyceride, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Stearic Acid, Caprylyl Glycol, Propylene, Carbonate, Silica, Alumina, Potassium Sorbate, Hexylene Glycol, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Phenoxyethanol. /- Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

on 10/27/2010 3:22:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I don't have one tattoo - so dont let the name deceive you!; but in a Kat Von D video she used this concealer for under her eyes (and her tattoos). It was amazing the coverage that this gives under eye darkness! It is beautiful and obviosuly very versatile.

I always set the concealer with poweder (Bobbi Brown loose powder) for a matte finish!

I bought the Medium Concealer and it is perfect!

on 10/26/2010 10:35:00 PM

This is a great concealer! Nice consistency, good coverage, long lasting-lightest shade very nice match for my fair skin- I'm pleased.

on 10/10/2010 9:22:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

So far this is my HG concealer along with Benefit's Erase Paste. I got it in a kit with a full-sized TFSI, cream shadow, and eyeshadow for about $30 and it's the smaller version instead of the full size. While I love EP, I like that the Tattoo Concealer comes in a squeezy tube so I can control how much I want to use. I've never really owned a high-end concealer before (other than Benefit's) and while I love EP, the color was a tad bit too dark for my skin and sometimes it'd leave me slightly orangey if I didn't blend it in all the way. Plus, I just wanted to try something else out. I cringed at the $25 price tag, but I figured.. hell, you get what you pay for so I caved in. I bought the "Light" color which I've noticed is a little too light for my skin, but I can still blend it in nicely and sometimes I even use my too-dark EP and it works out nicely! You only need a little bit to cover up the area. I use my concealer for blemishes b/c I have acne-prone skin which is scarred. I also suffer from constant break-outs no matter what. I'm a stressed person I guess. LOL.. Anyways, this works wonders for blemishes and it covers up EVERYTHING! The only thing it didn't work on was my HUGE cystic acne bump, but I didn't expect it to as there's nothing that can make that nasty bugger look good LOL. I just have a skin-colored bump basically. I feel so much more confident knowing that I can actually cover up my acne scars and don't have to look like a nasty hormonal teenager haha. This stuff lasts on me pretty much all day until I get into my extreme oiliness or if I accidentally wipe my face. So far, this is my HG and while the price is a little expensive.. I would repurchase in a heartbeat! Next time I'll go a shade up though and see if that blends in with my skin a little better. :)

on 10/5/2010 2:17:00 PM

This is a GREAT concealer. It does a terrific job of covering under eye darkness, blemishes and hyper-pigmentation from sun damage. I use the Medium. I wear Smashbox Halo Foundation in Light and I'm a 3 (Beige) in Bobbi Brown foundation. I tried the Light, but it was too light, gave an almost blue look under the eyes. When I tried the Medium, it was perfect.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I have this in Sand. I'm an NC20-25. This is $25 at Sephora. This is definitely one of the most opaque concealers I've ever used. I've only used it as an eyeprimer or as undereye concealer. I use MUFE Full Coverage concealer for any blemishes.

So far - I haven't found a concealer that won't smudge and smear my mascara and liner under my eyes. This is not an exception. This one is also not doing the job.

A little goes a long way with this concealer, and it might be suitable for a lot of people, but my search for the perfect undereye concealer that doesn't smudge my eye makeup continues!

on 9/14/2010 10:03:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I bought this concealer in tan, it's a perfect match for my skin. i am an NC3-35. doesnt cake or look dry under my eyes. i think the coverage is good, a little goes a long way. mine is slightly watery.

on 9/6/2010 7:09:00 AM

My favourite concealer of all time!I've raided department stores and drugstores, from Dior to Maybelline to find the perfect, long-lasting concealer. They usually have oil, rub off or are too dark and pink. This impressive product is waterproof, oil-free, long-lasting, natural-looking and has the perfect neutral shades. I'm very pale yellow and Sand is a perfect match. It doesn't break me out and doesn't rub off on fabric. I do need to add a bit more for dark circles, but it doesn't crease and looks natural. I don't know what I'd do without this trusty product.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I'm a heavily tattooed woman, I admit. I didn't buy this to cover up my tattoo's as I figured because it's supposed to cover tattoo's, it would work wonders on blemishes/redness on my face. And it does!

I only need a very tiny ammount of this to cover everything, and the shade matches my skintone perfectly, for reference I'm an NC10 in winter, NW15 in summer. I actually did try this on some of my tattoo's though, and it covers brilliantly.

The postage cost's alot but, I will buy this again and again! HG product!

on 8/25/2010 12:30:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I adore this concealer. The best i have ever used. Color matches perfectly with my foundation and skin.
I saw Kat on TV and heard it covers tats, so it must be great on skin to cover redness and blemishes right?
RIGHT!

My tube is half gone and i already have my trip planned to Ulta to buy another.

Can't live without it :)

on 8/2/2010 11:18:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I got this after I saw a post on the MU board by a girl who listed every concealer she had ever used (it was a huge list!) and then recommended this and a concealer by Cargo as the best she had ever used. Since they don't carry Cargo at Sephora anymore I decided to get this, even though I was originally sort of opposed to buying a celebrity-gimmicky line product. But it turns out that this is actually a great product. I don't use this on my tattoos at all and I'd imagine that it would look sort of ridiculous to have a tattoo-shaped blob of concealer on your body, but for undereye circles I'm really glad I read that girl's review and got this. I matched myself to the color Sand which is perfect for me. I like that it's very neutral. It's tacky going on, but this texture is exactly why it stays. I don't set it with powder -- I pat it lightly only on the dark parts of my undereye and then go brush my teeth, then I wipe off the excess that has gathered in the little lines under my eye (it's bound to happen). This is usually the only time I ever have to fix up this concealer, unless my undereye area is especially dry one day and I get creasing when I smile or laugh. It's essential that you apply some sort of cream under your eye or this stuff is going to dry out your undereye area and make it look worse like most products that are meant to stay for a long time tend to do. But if you apply correctly, this stuff is amazing. I would recommend it to anyone with dark circles. For reference, I don't use it anywhere but my undereye circles as I use Murad's blemish concealer for any spots.

Top Rated Kat Von D Products