October 25, 2014 | 1279 users online

Crème - L'Oreal - True Match Super Blendable Compact Makeup

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2009 12:17:00 PM More reviews by obzessd

Overall a somewhat disappointing product, b/c I do like Loreal and their True Match stuff. The product appears darker in the pan than applied. I'm normally a W3 in the liquid foundation and the pressed powder, but when I looked at this at Target, W3 appeared way too dark so I bought W2. Mistake. B/c the product is blendable, I applied it anyway, and it didn't look half bad, but I spent the entire day feeling like I looked a little sickly or tired until I realized it was the makeup making me paler than I was. Obviously that's my fault, not Loreal's, but just be careful of shade matching. (Btw W3 typically matches this Asian NC20-25, Buff/Nude Beige girl quite well). I took off lippies because I found the makeup to be drying with spotty coverage, plus it didn't feel great on my skin. I applied it over my usual moisturizer (Olay SPF 15) with the sponge it comes with, didn't put any powder over it, and did my blush directly. Unfortunately, the makeup didn't cover that well -- but I felt like I couldn't add any more to my face b/c I didn't like the way it was building up. I didn't want to add coverage from powder b/c my face already felt too dry; and I didn't want to put liquid foundation on top of this b/c that seemed illogical. So I went around with less-than-great coverage and slightly dried out skin all day. This would probably work for someone with oilier skin -- my skin, now that I'm north of 30, is probably "normal" in that it's not oily and not too dry, but sort of getting drier with each year.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/31/2009 7:14:00 PM More reviews by 2lovealot

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I like this product its good if you are on the go . I suggest testing the liquid version to get the perfect shade. I am using almay clear complection I think they are both the same. But one helps your skin and one doesnt its oil free and I didnt have any shine so that's good . Over all its quick easy natural and nice.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2009 8:08:00 AM More reviews by Urbanish12

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My first review. Have this is W1. I have VERY pale, translucent skin with redness on cheeks and chin. This product IS super blendable. Can be layered. With my normal skin which is dry in winter, this went on a little better with moisturizer underneath. I should think it'll work great by itself in summer. What I love best is it's truly the FIRST drugstore foundation that is actually PALE enough for me! Sure beats Bobbi Brown's Oil Free Compact in Porcelain and her Smooth Skin Foundation in same, for the price! Covers well, lasts longer than BB, not super moist or greasy like BB. Very pleased!

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 1/29/2009 3:04:00 PM More reviews by makeuplover582

wow....i really feel bad that my mom spent her money on this for me.
i was really excited when i saw it i had to have it so i got it.
the color i got was n1 which in liquid form it isnt as pink as i thought it would be but this compact when applied on me is very very very pale but turns to a light pink.
the most horrible thing about the product is that its sooo creamy which i thought would be a good thing but this turned me face into a slip and slide the amount of oil i had on my face was unbelievable i usually have oily skin in the summer and spring but this shit showed all my dry patches and made me oily at the same time?!?!?!?!?!?!?! WTF im not gonna buy this again but ill use this up because i cant see myself throwing it out because my mom bought it and that would be a waste of money!!!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2009 2:28:00 AM More reviews by Scruffy892

I was hoping this would be a HG, but it's one of the worst of the compact foundations available. First of all, you CANNOT get decent coverage with that sponge. It just drags across your skin, leaving scaly, patchy splotches of color. I tried it once with this sponge and once with a sponge from the Maybelline compact, and although I could build a little more coverage, it still looked like crap. It shows every little texture flaw on your face--and actually creates a few itself, I believe. I don't see how anyone with dry or imperfect skin could use this. It also rubs off extremely easy, which is surprising, considering how hard it is to build up any coverage.

I gave it a two just because there is a much bigger color selection than with the other drugstore compacts (get with it already, Maybelline and CoverGirl!).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2009 2:27:00 PM More reviews by ylrebmik7

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

I could have written beauty junkie 4's review. I too bought mine at Walgreens for $11 or $12 and would like to return it. It goes on nicely, coverage is medium, but does not wear well. I have combo skin, too - my forehead is dry and flakey in winter, yet shiny through most of the day. This looked pretty bad as time went on. My forehead ended up looking...patchy (?) hours later. I tried moisturizing before and then not moisturizing - no help. Because it goes on smoothly, I thought surely there is away to make this look smooth on my skin. I bought N1 (the neutral shade) in the lightest and it was a little too light for me, too. I'll stay with my Maybelline powder foundation.

**Update**
I'm upgrading my original rating from 2 to 4 because after trying several colors, I figured out I needed a cool color #2 rather than neutral. (I look best in pinks/purples). I really like this now - it is medium/heavy coverage that gives me a nice, even, smooth face. I use the applicator to put some streaks on and then blend it in a circular and mostly downward motion with my fingers. I exfoliate well with a microfiber cloth and moisturize before applying. I usually get oily after a couple hours with almost any makeup and I do a little with this, but a powder finish helps. I will be purchasing this again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2009 9:20:00 PM More reviews by beauty_junkie_04

I just bought this today, and wish I hadn't. As a matter of fact, I need to check on whether CVS accepts returns on cosmetics, because if so, this sucker is going back!

I exfoliated and moisturized my face earlier this morning. This evening, when I brought home this foundation, I put some on. Suddenly, I looked like a flaky mannequin. For some reason, this stuff made my skin look super dry and flaky - when it WASN'T before putting this on! And the color is wayyyy off what it looks like in the compact. On my skin, it appeared several shades lighter than the color in the compact, and made my face look like a mannequin or a mask.

Will not buy again! continued >>

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2009 1:15:00 AM More reviews by MrsLayneStaley

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This was disgusting on my skin. Offers zero coverage, very drying, and made me look like a corpse. I purchased N1..same shade I used in the liquid (which also sucks). If you are oily, and have no need for coverage..this mught work...But then why would you need a foundation? The entire reason for buying creme foundation is to get med. or full coverage and some moisturization. I purchased CG/Olay Simply Ageless the same day, and it is far superior. I just can't understand the love for this garbage.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2009 9:34:00 PM More reviews by jrm1862

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I like everything about this foundation even the case. Goes on smoothly and covers well and the SPF is great. I use this on the go when I don't have time to put on my liquid foundation. It was hard for me at first to match my skin and the color looks darker in the case than it actually is. I finally found my correct shade...too bad they didn't have testers. I recommend this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2009 8:49:00 PM More reviews by kbugg

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really like this product, although I didn't know if I was a cool, neutral or warm. The C2 was way too pink and washed me out, so I went back and purchased W2 which seems to be just right. The neutrals were either too light (N1 and N2) or too dark (N3) so I went with warm, which is supposed to be flattering to most skin tones.

I like the coverage, very natural but really evens out my skin tone and seems to last without caking. I really like the compact b/c it's quick and I can easily blend it in.

My skin is oily but this doesn't make it worse. I only need to touch up 1-2/day. I hope I still like this when the weather gets warmer and my skin becomes more oily. I got this for $13 at Walgreens.