October 25, 2014 | 1793 users online

Makeup Brushes - E.L.F. - Studio Powder Brush

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 8/6/2013 5:19:00 PM More reviews by laughingcow

I **love** this brush. This brush is very dense and surprisingly soft on the skin. I use the flat top powder brush to apply my liquid foundation. I start by distributing the product with the brush and then I stipple and blend it out. Sometimes I use it for my Ben nye character shadow because it is such a thick cream. It works great for bronzing because the brushes are packed so well, I just squish the brushes sideways when I do.
However, I would not recommend this for powder. I like to use the all over face brush for this. The flat top is just too dense. You're going to either end up with circles of product or it's going to blend off all the makeup you just put on.
After owning it for a year or two and washing it so many times, the bristles do get a little loose when it's wet.
This is a great brush and the price is amazing.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/5/2013 8:48:00 PM More reviews by faithybee

I am a self confessed brush junkie! A friend recommended this brush to me as I was looking for an all purpose kind of brush but mostly for applying liquid foundation/tinted moisturisers and was trying to avoid spending £30 or more on a Mac or Bobbi Brown , my usual go to brush brands. I was very sceptical due to the price and never tried anything from E.L.F before ...very impressed! Amazing quality and build , even after washing weekly this brush never sheds and stays super soft. Really great for stippling as well as powder application. Would definately recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2013 6:35:00 PM More reviews by Rachel15makeupqueen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

where do i begin with this brush?! i absolutely love it! its soft and never sheds! it blends my makeup beautifully!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/30/2013 12:43:00 AM More reviews by Tam94

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A really good brush, really dense and helps apply product really nice and evenly. However i feel that more product is getting in my brush rather then on my face. Also the brush can tend to break if not well looked after.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/25/2013 1:53:00 AM More reviews by lilyofthevalley47

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Alrighhhhhht... so I don't want to ruin the great review chain that this product has had, but I have to be honest. I was somewhat disappointed with this brush. I find it very soft when I run its bristles across, say, the back of my hand.... but on my face, it is rather scratchy. I find that it is not gentle or soft enough for my face, especially when it comes to stippling. I feel like I am tapping my face with a firm piece of wood when I stipple? I think I would rather have a soft brush, that is not so packed with bristles, for stippling. In my opinion, this brush is best at what it is marketed for: powdering. It does deposit a lot of powder, but one can easily shake excess powder off and powder around lightly. Overall, I would not purchase this brush again, because I would prefer something softer... but it is decent.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2013 1:44:00 AM More reviews by egoh

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Grey, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Of all the ELF brushes, this is a definite must have for me. I don't really know why they call this a powder brush, it's so dense and looks/feels like a flat top kabuki brush. I use it daily with my liquid foundation (neutrogena healthy skin or covergirl whipped colorstay foundation) - it blends the foundation beautifully and because of it, I feel that I'm actually not using as much foundation. I had this brush for over 1 year and no problems with shredding and it's still as soft as when I first got it. Highly recommend this brush :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2013 5:53:00 PM More reviews by chickengifts

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Eeeh, awesome brush! This brush applies foundation so natural, even, and beautiful. It's a pleasure putting it on and I find myself sometimes just putting foundation on because it feels so nice lol. Powder is also really great with this brush, it looks natural on the skin, not cakey at all. I didn't get shedding, and this brush doesn't soak up foundation. As long as you don't get it on the outher side of the brush (that's not hard). The best way to use it is to dot foundation on your face, than buff it in. I don't like getting a huge dot of foundation and then dipping the brush in it, that doesn't work for me. Have been using it for months now.

The only downside is that it sometimes prickles a tiny bit.

This is just a must-have for foundation and powder. You really don't need another brush.

Edit: It's been about a year that I've had this. It's still nice quality and doesn't shred. My handle did come off when I've washed it a few times, but glue fixed it and 6 months after that happened, it's still attached and works like it's new. (i use it about everyday)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2013 4:38:00 AM More reviews by Alexandra123Y

Excellent tool for the price you pay. It is synthetic and works well for applying both powder and liquid products. I use it mostly either with MAC MSFN or liquid water-based foundations (MAC Face & Body / MUFE Face & Body). Does a wonderful job with product application and blending. Saves a lot of time since the brush is fairly big.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2013 3:41:00 AM More reviews by neuronshots

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Amazing brush. I applied Revlon colorstay in liquid on my friend using her new Elf flat powder brush which I suggested her to get since she was just starting out with makeup brushes (never tried it myself though). Stippled the product using this brush...oh wow! Beautiful finish. I was in awe. I was always staring at her skin. Can't beat the price too. Definitely plenty of uses, including setting powder. Great with cream, liquid and powder. Just can't beat it. Never underestimate ELF.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2013 10:33:00 PM More reviews by bettybear135

This brush is amazing. And its only ONLY 3$!!!!Most dense buffing brushes cost at least over 10$ and above. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think even the sigma flat top kabuki is 16$. This brush is SOOO soft, dense, and blend my foundation and powder flawlessly. Another tip is you can also use it for bronzer. You can just put bronzer to the side if the brush( not the flat part) and it applies it SOOO smooth and absolutely beautiful. I can't stop raving bout this brush honesty, it's soooooo AMAZING!! I love it so much, that ill buy it even if its priced 10$ over. Also,this brush is pretty easy to find. Next time you visit target, PLEASE pick up this brush. It's that amazing:)