April 19, 2014 | 1797 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Hourglass - Veil Mineral Primer SPF 15

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2012 11:38:00 AM More reviews by NerdyLibrarianGirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I received a sample from Sephora and I absolutely loved it. I have sensitive, combination skin and this was perfect. It didnt dry my skin or cause me to break out. It felt wonderful and really worked to keep my makeup in place. The only con? The price! When I went to the Sephora website, its listed as $52. Thats way more than Im willing to pay for a primer. But if you are in the market for a high-end primer, this one is really amazing.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/20/2011 4:03:00 PM More reviews by atomickittenlove

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

EDIT (4/08/2014):
I FINALLY stopped using this- and started applying my MUFE HD foundation directly on top of my moisturizer- and guess what happened?!!!? My acne has cleared about 75% (which is HUGE for a moderately plagued gal). But what's even better is that I'm no longer a dry flakey mess! I always suspected that this was making my skin worse (dull, dry and acne-prone) but couldn't wrap my head around how such a well-loved, expensive product could do such a thing. I saw an improvement in two freakin days. And now that my skin is not dry or oily my makeup actually sits better on my skin than it did with primer and it lasts longer! If you are having skin issues and using this product, why not take a week-long break and see what happens. I will never go back to this again. In fact, I took the reminder of the bottle back to sephora yesterday. Bye bye. Maybe I'm sensitive to silicones or sunscreen…. whatever it was i'm glad its gone! And, I probably won't touch primers for a looooong time.

EDIT (3/20/2013):
So I've been wearing this for a couple years now- and know now that if I use it daily it dries my skin out- flakey, peeling, nasty. Now, I only apply it on my nose and chin (areas I need the most coverage and staying power) for important occasions ONLY.

I also hate the packaging. Originally, I liked the idea of a pump- but as the bottle gets empty the pump squirts the product out all over the place! I've wasted so much product. A squeeze tube would be much better (for travel too).

I've started to skip the primer all together, my makeup does not last as long for sure- but I also don't have to deal with the dryness and cost!

-------
Original Review (2011):
So i got a sample of this awhile back and loved it so i caved and bought the full size. Hella expensive but really would you rather just waste your money here and there trying less expensive products that don't work?

Anyway its so smooth has spf and keeps my makeup on and in place for over eight hours.

Most important has not broken my skin out and I think its actually helping my acne clear.

Love <3 HG

rated 3 of 5 on 12/16/2011 1:14:00 PM More reviews by delta_h52

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I got this as a Sephora 100 point extra. I gave the packaging a 3 since I do not know what the full sized packaging is like. The one I got was a glass container with a dipper wand on the lid. Even for just a sample size, this seems like it was get bacteria in it easy with resuing the wand over and over opposed to a squeeze tube.

I loved the feel of this product at first application. It was silky smooth on the skin. But this did not do anything to keep my t-zone not oily and it did not enhance foundation at all. Although it is not the worst primer I have tried, it certainly is not the right one for me. I can see this being a possible favorite for people with normal skin types that aren't worried about keep oilies away.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2011 11:38:00 AM More reviews by faireyfantom

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Ok, I got suckered into trying this at Sephora. I bought the sample size which came with a pump and ridiculously expensive. I have to say that upon initial application I was amazed. No pores. Soft, smooth canvas. Most foundations I tried with this primer applied beautifully. My problem is that not only did this product NOT enhance the performance of any foundation (Bare Minerals, ELDW, Laura Mercier) but it actually made my favorite (ELDW) underperform. By the afternoon my foundation was....not gone...totally....but gathered in pools in my pores and the coverage was opaque. I could see all my imperfections. It was weird. I wrote a negative review of a Laura Mercier foundation that is actually pretty decent because of this.

I returned this to Sephora and the chick behind the counter was kind of stank about it. She kept telling me what a great primer it is, how waterproof it is, looking at me like I was crazy.....you can say whatever you want but it will never count more than what I see with my own eyes. If it works for you, great. If you just need something to hide pores with no makeup over it, okay. But seriously, especially for the price, it was a disappointment.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2011 1:00:00 PM More reviews by devildoll133

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

WOW, what a great primer!!! I tried several primers, from Smashbox to drugstores, you name them, but this one really impressed me. It makes my skin look like airbrushed (after putting makeup on, etc.). I know it's expensive, but I think it's really worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2011 12:27:00 PM More reviews by yunnyunn

This stuff is crazy expensive, but it works wonder on my face. It prolong my makeup to last 12 hours, which never happened before. At the end of 12 hours, there is still plenty of makeup to take off my face. So this stuff really works. Yes, it is super expensive, but only two pumps is all I need for the whole face. I don't have the white cast issue, I wonder if it's because I only use two pumps. I can imagine if you use too much, it will make your face look white. Overall, very happy with the result, will definitely buy again!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2011 6:48:00 PM More reviews by GalileosDaughter

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Wonderful primer with a physical sunscreen. Works well with my dry skin and does not irritate my rosacea. I've used it alone and under BB Luminous Moisturizing makeup and under Chantecaille Real Skin. It's on the expensive side, but two pumps cover my face and neck. Will repurchase again and again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2011 12:22:00 AM More reviews by JLB2005

Crazy expensive but an excellent primer relative to others I have tried. I have normal to oily, but ageing skin. I wear a mineral powder makeup. This primer really helps the mineral makeup last through the day. I'd love to stop using it because $60 is moronic, but the difference without the primer is quite striking for me. Yes, I have already purchased it several times.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2011 6:20:00 AM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Oh my but this stuff is GOOOOOD!!!! I'm no stranger to primers and have several very good ones that I like a lot. But I tried this in-store last week and was impressed with how it looked on my hand. Of course, a hand is not a face, so I bought the smaller travel size just to give this a try. My first application was a bit upsetting...in spite of shaking the bottle well (as the directions on the box instruct), what came out was a white liquid the consistency of milk....very runny. What I tried in-store was much thicker. And I didn't want to waste this stuff by pumping and pumping til thicker product came out. Fortunately, by the 2nd application, the primer was thicker and better mixed.

Frankly, I'm blown away by how well this seems to make my pores into a "non-issue" when I apply liquid foundation over top. I didn't think this would be the case since my pores are still visible after applying the primer. But even though I can see them, they vanish entirely after I apply my foundation and they STAY vanished all day. And this primer is amazing at prolonging the lasting power of liquid foundation on my t-zone. Even at the end of the day, the foundation on my nose hasn't started to vanish or cake because of facial oil....it still looks amazingly good, all things considered. I will definitely be purchasing the full size of this product. It is pricey but worth it and one small pump does my whole face so I think even this trial sized bottle will last a couple of months.

UPDATE (Dec. 29/11): I went back to get the full sized bottle of this with my 10% off coupon (I know, big flippin' what) the other day - THAT is how much I love this primer. It makes every foundation I use look that much better and last that much longer and in spite of the price (which is probably insanely inflated), I like this primer enough to keep paying that price because it really works and I feel confident that my makeup won't look like a broke-down, cakey mess if my days end up stretching into evenings and beyond and I haven't had a chance to touch up my foundation.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2011 12:45:00 AM More reviews by Stefaniey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

So at $80 in Australia, this is damned expensive but I think it's worthwhile. Not a huge fan of the wand for hygiene but it's not a huge deal.

Texture is fine, slippery. Absorbs quickly and excellent oil control. I apply it to my T-zone and cheeks because I am super oily. Doesn't break me out, I could make 1 oz. last twelve months because you really don't need a lot.