November 28, 2014 | 1953 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Hourglass - Veil Mineral Primer SPF 15

rated 2 of 5 on 5/4/2012 6:25:00 PM More reviews by hesperia

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've known about this product for a long time but, not being a primer user, I never paid too much attention to it. A friend of mine was praising it to high heaven the other day, so I thought I'd drop by my local Sephora to get a sample. Good thing I did. After only ONE use, this broke me out (damn those 'cones!). I know how acne-unfriendly silicone is, but if I wear it only, say, once a week, I usually can avoid breaking out (that's what happens with Hourglass' Immaculate fdt; I can usually get away with wearing it if I do it only now and then). Not with this stuff. What with that and the insane price, I'll give this a pass. Mind you, if you're not acne-prone you might like it. My friend simply adores it. I gave it 2 stars mainly because of the high price. I have yet to find a skin care prod (HE or LE) that is worth a quarter of what they ask for it.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/4/2012 10:17:00 AM More reviews by karinaFresh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this because of the reviews saying it makes makeup last better than any other primer out there so I was very excited but honestly, I don't really see too much of a difference in lasting power between this & the Bare Minerals primer. It doesn't do anything for oil-control (I have pretty oily skin) but it doesn't make me more oily either. I'd still find myself having to blot so if you have oily skin and are expecting this primer to control that - it won't. I'd say this is more for people with normal & combo skin. It also claims to be water-resistant which I really didn't notice, I sweated & had water drizzled on my face (concert haha) but didn't notice a difference between this & other primers in a similar situation. It does however, feel very light weight, absorbs very easily, doesn't feel greasy or over-siliconey, it makes makeup blend & glide well on top of it, & it's decent for blurring imperfections. It's one of the better primers I've tried but for the price, I'd expect this to blow me away. I also feel as if this primer sometimes gave me little whiteheads which is weird. I'll try other primers that mattify but I maybe one day might give this another try but for right now I'm just saying I wouldn't repurchase because to me, it's not an amazing primer - just a good primer, but for $52 - eeekk I want amazing!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/1/2012 5:34:00 PM More reviews by snowybear39

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

With all of the good reviews on another website, i decided to give this a shot since it contained spf. Being that i have oily/ problematic/ sensitive skin, i wanted to use a primer with spf to help lighten the scars on my face and also protect my skin from future damages. Once i purchased this product and applied i didnt think of it much until after an hour of wearing it. my skin felt greasier than usual. within the same day, i had two pimples! i had high hopes for this due to the high ratings but looks like im one of the few that didnt have much luck with this item. Oh well.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/24/2012 6:54:00 AM More reviews by JessieWW

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I made the mistake of trying this product for the first time when I was in a hurry to get out the door. Never a good idea. I have rosacea and SD, and despite moisturizing first, the zinc in the product immediately latched on to flaky areas and magnified them. The primer also felt greasy. Had to immediately wash everything off (also not easy with this stuff), and start over again. A no-go.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/18/2012 6:29:00 PM More reviews by estherha

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My skin is sensitive to products with silicone in it, so after using this product for a couple weeks, my pores became so congested. I broke out around my chin and jaw line also. I liked how my makeup looked on top of this primer, but after a couple hours, my face became super oily! First, I refused to believe my break outs and extra shininess were due to this primer, since I paid like $55 for it. I blamed it on the weather, as usual. But I couldn't take it after a couple more weeks, and stopped using it and switch over to make up forever, and immediately, the breakouts subsided, and my face was no longer super shiny after a couple hours. I was very disappointed in this product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2012 5:57:00 PM More reviews by Gingerbelle8

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I tried this on my hand in Sephora and was sold. It made my lines smoother and you could feel a difference!! It doesn't feel the least bit greasy and a little goes a long way. You only need less than a pump to cover your entire face and neck. I concentrate on my undereye area to even out the fine lines, then the nose area for my oily T-zone. I've read how it's important to use a primer prior to putting on foundation to make it apply evenly and stay on all day. This is one of the best I've tried. The texture is so luxurious and smooth!! Highly recommend. Worth the $60 in my opinion.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/13/2012 11:27:00 AM More reviews by lilly1972

I was a bit frustrated with this product but not because of the effect - more because of the salesperson. She went on and on about it not having silicones...I was so impressed when I tried the product that it had none that a bought it (what an idiot I was)...got home, opened box and of course this is full of silicones. I tried it and although it has a nice effect, did not blow me away and i will not buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2012 11:13:00 PM More reviews by RebeccaElizabeth

In my teens I had a Clinique No. 4 skin type - meaning I was EXTREMELY oily! While my skin has settled down now that I'm into to 20s, controlling oily shine is still my major concern when purchasing facial cosmetics.

When I first purchased this product I was at the end of my tether! No matter how much I was willing to spend, I just could not find any product that would control oil. I was sick of feeling self conscious about the wet shiny look that would inevitably pervade my face every day (whether I was wearing foundation or not).

Now that I have discovered this product, my confidence has quad rippled! It controls oil SO well that I've even stopped using liquid foundation and am now using a mineral powder. Powders never used to stay on my face because of the oil, but with this primer I can brush the tiniest amount on in the morning, and it stays looking fresh and newly-applied for 12 hours or more!

I'm giving this product a 5 because it works SO WELL under liquid, powder and mineral foundations - AND because it's free of synthetics (which are absolutely terrible for the skin). Given I have oily skin, but enjoy the look of light natural finish make-up, and because I try to use only organic or synthetic-free products, THIS PRODUCT IS PERFECT for me! Would definitely recommend it to everyone!!!

(I bought this product from Mecca Cosmetica in Canberra, Australia.
While initially it was AUD99, by the time of my second purchase the price had been reduced to AUD69. The packaging is extremely sleek and sophisticated - however, being in a glass bottle is a slight drawback - in the 12 months I've been using this product, I've had to replace two (near-new) bottles that have tragically fallen from the vanity and smashed on the bathroom floor!)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2012 8:43:00 PM More reviews by tigergirly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love, love this with powders. It never breaks me out and I'm very sensitive. Really controls oil and gives me a smooth finish. I gave this a 4, since strangely it doesn't seem to work as well with my liquid foundations- no point in shelling out so much money for little effect. As I almost always wear powders, however, the oil control and enhanced wear is worth it. It's pricey, but I use such a tiny amount, it will last a long time. With Dior Flawless powder foundation, it's amazing! I have very sensitive skin, particularly to suncreen. Great job, hourglass!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/27/2012 8:40:00 AM More reviews by cvasbinder1

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm not sure how I feel about this product. I bought it based on a sample from Sephora which I loved. At first this primer made my skin feel tight and dry but that seems to have abated. Now, after about a month of use I am seeing the whitish cast that reviewers below are talking about. Also, no matter how much I shake the bottle this product seems to have separated and is somewhat watery and oily feeling when I apply it. My skin looks great with it on but for $50 I think I'll look elsewhere when I finish the bottle.