July 22, 2014 | 1835 users online

Bronzers - BeneFit Cosmetics - HOOLA

rated 4 of 5 on 5/20/2013 6:25:00 PM More reviews by erinbrittannyy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Absolutely LOVE this bronzer! Such a beautiful light tan color. Not too dramatic and dark for lighter skinned girls. So amazing for an everyday bronzer and leaves you looking tanner and summer ready. :) Just wish it was a little cheaper but I will re-purchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2013 2:22:00 PM More reviews by kaq009

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got a Benefit set two Christmases ago from my sister-in-law and out of all the products it came with, this was the one I was most excited about. I've always wanted a matte bronzer. This was perfect. It gives you a perfect sun kissed look especially if you top it off with a bit of pink cream blush on the apples of your cheeks. This does come through really muddy - so apply with a very light hand. I suggest using a different brush than the one it came with - although it is super cute, it doesn't really do the job. I use a MAC 168 or any other angled blush brush would do. For $40 it is quite expensive - however, a little goes a super long way. I've been using my Dandelion boxed powder for, no joke, 4 years now and I still have yet to hit pan. So it comes out to $10/year. Not so expensive when you think about it that way. I will definitely repurchase IF I ever run out.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/13/2013 5:54:00 PM More reviews by violetriot

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I adore this bronzer for my olive skin tone. As many members have mentioned, it's not quite a bronzer, but I think what it does SO well is warm up the face and accentuate contours. I keep trying out different bronzers and always come back to this one. I am not a fan of shimmer in my bronzer just because my go-to blush is coralista and any more shimmer overload and I'd look like a disco ball. Despite my italian heritage, I'm pretty darn pale. that's one issue I often run into with bronzers is that they get ruddy on me really easily, even when applied with a light hand. This bronzer applies very lightly and evenly, and is easily buildable, so I can use it gently in the wintertime or build up the color more during summer when I'm more bronzed (Thank you Fake Bake Flawless!) I always get compliments on my face makeup and it is almost always a combo of Hoola and Coralista. I'll apply this around my cheekbones and blend upwards in a C-shape around my temples and into my hairline. I'll also dust a little on the sides of my nose and on my chin and jawline. Lasting power is pretty good, but it does fade over the day. Honestly though, I would expect it to since it'll either shift off my face from the wind or sweat will cause it to budge.

It really perks up my overall look, it's like a cup of coffee for your face, if that makes any sense. I don't mind the box packaging but i would prefer it if it came in a compact because toting around all these little boxes (Benefit) while traveling or in my purse gets cumbersome. I've had this for five months now and I've used it almost daily and haven't hit pan yet, so I think the amount of product is pretty good. For what it is though (a matte light coco color) I think the price is steep. You could probably get a similar effect just using a darker shade of pressed powder, maybe L'oreal's true match(?). I've done some looking around for a similar powder color and haven't come across one yet, Hoola is a pretty unique color. If I ever find a pressed powder color the same as Hoola I'll pick it up and do a comparison. If you're looking for a great basic contour color and are willing to splurge, check this out!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/9/2013 9:10:00 PM More reviews by giainjersey

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am NC45 MAC Prolong Wear for reference.

This is a nice matte bronzer but it does not show up on my skin at all because it is too similar to my own skin. My search continues....

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2013 10:21:00 AM More reviews by saraminebowen

Since I began using makeup, I always used Clinique powder bronzer, and when I have the money (which is rare), I use Laura Mercier bronzing palette as a contour. I wanted to try something different, and was recommended this product by a friend. It's a very pretty color, and NOT sparkly, which was a downside of Clinique's powder. It gives you a beautiful glow, and it can be used all over, or for a contour. My only complaint is this: I blend my bronzer into my neck and chest to make the application look as natural as possible, and this product has broken me out just a little bit. Nothing noticeable to anyone except me, though. It's a little more expensive than the Clinique bronzer, but definitely not as hefty of a price tag as Laura. The packaging is a little weird, because the actual makeup is deep set into the box. Also, the package is made of cardboard, so I have to be careful not to set it in a water puddle on my sink. I'll definitely buy this product again; I just wish they'd change the packaging.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/21/2013 8:53:00 PM More reviews by becktasm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really like this as both an all over bronzer and (with a very light hand) a bronzer. I do dislike the box blush packaging though, as I like to dust on bronzers with a big finishing brush and this guy won't allow it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2013 4:42:00 AM More reviews by Kaaatttiiiiee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Absolutely LOVE this! I'm very very veryyyyy pale and it still works on me, it's took me a while to find a bronzer with no shimmer and is not orange. I would recommend it to anyone! I've used it for around 3 months now and i still have a lot left, so no doubt it will last ages. Price is quite high, but I normally wait until I have Debenhams Beauty Points so i can get a bit of a discount on it!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2013 1:27:00 PM More reviews by orenjinominh

As an overall bronzer, yes I agree this is a wonderful product as the end result looks natural, sun kissed, and healthy.
As a contour, no way. Even though I have warm nc25-30 skin, the color looks orange, fake, and muddy as a contour simply because it is so pigmented, even when I use a light hand and don't rely on the brush. Ladies, don't be fooled by your mirror. When you step outside in natural lighting, someone will point out you have an obvious orange line going across your cheekbones. People may be polite and not point it out, but your 13 year old brother will.

I don't understand what the hype is. The powder itself is crumbly and a single swipe takes up so much powder that needs to be tapped off multiple times.I recommend the NYX taupe blusher as the ultimate cool toned contour shade. As a bronzer, I have found other products that do the same job just as well or better.

Oh well, can't always follow the hype right?

4 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2013 1:02:00 PM More reviews by Espressophia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the best I've found for contouring. The color is a matte cool-bronze shade, not orangey at all, which makes it perfect for creating shadows on the face (I find that contouring with warm shades totally ruins the effect). That said, it is extremely easy to go overboard! Use a very light hand with this product and you will not be disappointed. Throw away the little square brush it comes with, it is horrible at distributing product evenly. The box has lasted me about 5 years, no joke. Very good value for how long it lasts.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2013 4:38:00 PM More reviews by chrissie8809

I love this bronzer!
Not much I can really say about it that hasn't already been said...

It's very pigmented, surprisingly so....and even if you only pick up a small amount on your brush, the colour payoff on your skin is still quite bold.

I'm NW 15 for reference, and with a (very) light hand & lots of blending, Hoola gives me a convincing sun kissed look that i'm always happy with. This is one of those products that you should definitely use a "less is more" kind of approach, otherwise it can, and will, make you look a bit dirty.

Staying power is good, and I don't find myself needing to touch-up during the day (or night!)

As with all of the Benefit powders, I dig the packaging, and i find the brush to be very useful for contouring. I'm sure a lot of people disregard the brush, but I use it frequently.

I would repurchase, although I can see it taking me a long time to even hit the pan!