August 20, 2014 | 2124 users online

Mascara - Christian Dior - Diorshow Iconic High Definition Lash Curler Mascara

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2010 12:41:00 PM More reviews by carlingus

IF I could have back the cash I've spent in the last year on mascara alone I could literally take a cheap trip to Vegas...but it looks like I'm not going to stop anytime soon because drug store mascara IMO is not a match for HE. Iconic is literally the best yet that I've found, has a pleasant scent, lovely silver patterned tube, and the brush itself is ridiculous, twisty and odd and AMAZING at giving your eyes a sort of lift. I think the lift or curl aspect of it is what makes it worth the money. Nothing, aside from Anastacia's mascara, has in my experience provided this noticeable kind of curl. You feel like you are sort of 'stretching out' your lashes with application, but not so they are stick straigh but rather kind of fanned up and out.... It makes you work fairly quickly, i'd like more play time with it since I like a more maleable mascara application but as long as you don't redip the brush (I use 2 dips total for my eyes with this one) you can keep it from getting too clumpy and still work with it to build volume. I also notice a tiny bit of shinyness to the mascara, a little like Mac X in this regard? Also, it's black shade is a true deep BLACK. all around, i'm happy with this one-until something better comes along....ps I didn't notice any over the top smudging, I often use Clarin's mascara sealer over it however since I like to lock in all my mascaras but even when i've forgotten it hasn't been any more problematic than any average mascara when it comes to smudginess : )

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2010 9:58:00 PM More reviews by AnythingVanilla

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Curls, defines, washes off easily, doesn't clump, no smudges or racoon eyes. Makes my eyes bigger and brighter!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2010 2:20:00 AM More reviews by kja0432

i would say that this is a above average mascara, in terms of the overal product review. i would have rated it a 3/5 in terms of performance, as it can be compared to a drug store mascra (ie- lashblast) but the formualtion is different, whilst i love the volume lash blast gives me, its damn hard to remove ALL of it off, BUT here is a break down of its performace
- volume - 3/5
- does not smudge
- length 4.5 / 5
- appilcation - 5/5 - no clumping as of yet

so all in all its quite good, im happy but not hyped about it
its perfect for days wen i cant be bothered with eyeliner or eye makeup

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2010 6:19:00 PM More reviews by isykitty

Love love LOVE this mascara. It gives incredible length and curl. This is the only mascara that made my boyfriend notice my lashes. He never notices anything but he was made a nice comment on how pretty my lashes look. Tried many mascaras and none of them have given me this sort of result. On me, I didn't notice that it smudged at all.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2010 10:49:00 AM More reviews by Sophia17

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

One of the most expenive mascaras I've purchased along with YSL, retails for 32 euros here in Greece. Very expensive and doesn't worth the money, because it dries up really quick, mine did with 1.5 months, and even though the 1st month it'svery good at seperating lashes and adds a naturall curl, after it becoms very clumpy, makes my lashes look like I only have 4 lashes, and the curl doen't exist anymore. For sure i won't repurchase it again, because I've found a very good mascara, Mac's Plushlash.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/8/2010 5:04:00 PM More reviews by constantonian

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was really excited to try this mascara regardless of the price (I think I paid thirty something plus tax), because of its attractive packaging and claims. The first application out of the tube was disappointing. It took the curl out of my lashes that my Shiseido curler gave me, and it just didn't do much. I liked the glossiness and definition, but it wasn't dark enough and actually had a grey tint. I kept in mind that most mascaras change once they thicken a bit, so I waited it out. After a month, it was still disappointly grey and unimpressive. The formula, like the original Diorshow, is just too heavy and weighs down my lashes even when paired with Shiseido mascara base. Very disappointed.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/2/2010 12:21:00 PM More reviews by BlackPinStripes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

i didnt buy this, but i tried it out at sephora in the afternoon. at first it was "wow!" because it gives amazing length and the best curl for a non wp mascara (comes off easy with water btw) but by night it smudged under my eyes pretty bad.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2009 9:51:00 PM More reviews by k1zuna

hmmm... why did I wait so long to write a review for this product? Diorshow Iconic is simply amazing! It holds curls like no other, and lengthens your lashes like crazy. The only bad thing about this mascara is that it doesn't provide enough volume, but it's great for day time looks.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/17/2009 8:57:00 AM More reviews by annaw

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This holds a curl, fans out my lashes, and is multi-functional. With two coats, this is my low-key look (for work, meeting up with much more low-key friends). Two coats + another mascara with serious lengthening power and pigmentation (e.g. Givenchy's Phenomen'Eyes) = fake fake lashes that don't clump (got that?). Half of the time when I use several coats of my "fake" lash mascara, I get spider eyes, but with Iconic as a base, I get gorgeous lashes.

I wouldn't say that Iconic curls my lashes by themselves, but it doesn't flatten my lashes like most mascaras (oh, yeah, so if I wear lengthening mascaras by themselves, I get really long, really flat lashes. also not pretty). I said I'd purchase this again, but though I like the product, the price tag is still pretty hard to stomach. I'm only somewhat likely to buy it during friends and family.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/15/2009 9:19:00 PM More reviews by kjerstihagen

Nothing to call home about. I mean, it's by no standard a BAD mascara - it is very black, and in my opinion it certainly lives up to it's promise to lengthen. But for $27? I have fairly long, but very fine eyelashes with a slight natural curl. This did curl them (and keep the curl) ever so slightly, but the amount of layers it took to create any volume to speak of was enough to make you sick. I could have gotten ten more minutes of sleep this morning! I'll take my current go-to for runway lashes, Chanel Exceptionnel, over this any day. That being said - I could see it working well for someone who is only looking for length. But that is NOT me! I'll be returning this one, that's for sure.