April 20, 2014 | 961 users online

Lip Treatments - Nivea - A Kiss of Flavor Cherry

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2008 12:44:00 AM More reviews by MissKisara

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

After spending several years wishing that Labello were available in the United States, it seems that the people at Nivea read my mind! I'd never tried a 'flavored' version of this product, so I decided to give cherry a whirl. Upon first opening up the cute(and very cool) looking tube, I caught a whiff of a sweet cherry scent. It's almost like that of cherry Life Savers candy(it has no flavor though). Upon putting the balm on though, I must say that it glides on very smoothly. It doesn't feel too heavy, and the tint makes my lips look happy and healthy. Overall for $3, it's was quite a good buy!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2008 8:49:00 PM More reviews by stellina

I am just happy as a clam that Nivea finally brought this to the USA - or should I say Labello, since it's identical to their famous European products that I stockpile on every trip overseas. I grabbed this & the new passion fruit flavor, and it's identical to the Labello I bought in Europe except for the name. It's smooth and moisturizing without being greasy and it's not waxy at all - there's a slight tint in the cherry & passion fruit that's very natural and can still be swiped on sans mirror.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2008 8:34:00 PM More reviews by corye

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have very sensitive lips that are chronically dry. I can't use anything with mint but most tinted balms contain it so I was really excited to find one that doesn't.
I love this stuff. Well, not so much the flavor/scent so I'll be stalking a couple more Walgreens to try and find the other versions. The cherry is a typical fake Kool-Aid scent and there's not much flavor, more of a hint of sweetness. The color is a sheer red and adds quite a bit more color than I was expecting, still fairly natural with just a bit of shine.

It feels very smooth and a little mushy going on even though the stick actually seems pretty solid, is slick without feeling greasy and sticks around for longer than most balms. As a moisturizing balm, it provides instant relief from dryness and smooths the flakies but doesn't seem to do much in the way of treating them