July 26, 2014 | 1674 users online

Lip Treatments - Nivea - A Kiss of Flavor Cherry

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2008 10:55:00 AM More reviews by wllow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

after trying the colorless version and falling in love, I decided to see if the tints were any good as well. the product is basically the same, plus color, which is great because I love the original's formula so much. the cherry tint is a buildable, soft pinky-red, leaving a stained look similar to the effect of eating a red candy or popsicle. it is very similar to benetint, although I much prefer this stick application. the cherry flavor is faint, which some may be disappointed by, but I am not such a fan of strong, artificial flavors. I highly recommend this tinted balm!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/15/2008 9:04:00 AM More reviews by mdl

aside from the beautiful stain/color it gives(like you just ate a popsicle) i hate the fact that it makes my lips feel dry:'( it's more of a stain than a lipbalm.i suggest topping it off with a clear gloss or for more color, a sheer red gloss. the smell is fine though.artificial but still smells good. and it's dirtcheap, so just try for the sake of curiosity.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2008 2:45:00 PM More reviews by MarieFJ

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is very nice! I usually choose tinted lip balms instead of lipstick since I prefer a natural look, plus my SO hates it when I kiss him and leave glitter/color behind (and I kiss him a lot;) This is one of the nicer ones I've tried, very subtle stain of color, buildable, and very moisturizing. I couldn't taste the flavor much, but that doesn't matter to me.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2008 7:13:00 PM More reviews by lolajean

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I so wanted to love this, but I can't get past the taste and smell. I have been searching for a subtle tinted balm that has no shimmer and is very sheer. I thought this was the answer but the flavor is awful and I just can't stand it. I thought I could get past it because I really love the sheer touch of color and how moisturizing it is, but sadly I can't.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2008 1:20:00 PM More reviews by fatbottmdgrl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I picked up three of these in my Rite Aid, because of all the positive things I had heard (and they only had three colors). I have a Pearl shimmer, a Cherry and a Passionfruit. I like these because they are moisturizing, you get a good amount of product for the price, and the color is extremely sheer. I am a PPP and can wear every color I bought, even though in the tube the Cherry is a vivid red and the Passionfruit is a vivid purply fuschia and the Pearl Shimmer is just that, a very soft pearly shimmer. It just looks like you have a more pigmented lip and the texture is not greasy at all. I certainly hope they bring as many colors out here as they have over in Europe.

$2.00 USD for a 9.17 Oz/4.8g

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2008 12:44:00 AM More reviews by MissKisara

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

After spending several years wishing that Labello were available in the United States, it seems that the people at Nivea read my mind! I'd never tried a 'flavored' version of this product, so I decided to give cherry a whirl. Upon first opening up the cute(and very cool) looking tube, I caught a whiff of a sweet cherry scent. It's almost like that of cherry Life Savers candy(it has no flavor though). Upon putting the balm on though, I must say that it glides on very smoothly. It doesn't feel too heavy, and the tint makes my lips look happy and healthy. Overall for $3, it's was quite a good buy!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2008 8:49:00 PM More reviews by stellina

I am just happy as a clam that Nivea finally brought this to the USA - or should I say Labello, since it's identical to their famous European products that I stockpile on every trip overseas. I grabbed this & the new passion fruit flavor, and it's identical to the Labello I bought in Europe except for the name. It's smooth and moisturizing without being greasy and it's not waxy at all - there's a slight tint in the cherry & passion fruit that's very natural and can still be swiped on sans mirror.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2008 8:34:00 PM More reviews by corye

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have very sensitive lips that are chronically dry. I can't use anything with mint but most tinted balms contain it so I was really excited to find one that doesn't.
I love this stuff. Well, not so much the flavor/scent so I'll be stalking a couple more Walgreens to try and find the other versions. The cherry is a typical fake Kool-Aid scent and there's not much flavor, more of a hint of sweetness. The color is a sheer red and adds quite a bit more color than I was expecting, still fairly natural with just a bit of shine.

It feels very smooth and a little mushy going on even though the stick actually seems pretty solid, is slick without feeling greasy and sticks around for longer than most balms. As a moisturizing balm, it provides instant relief from dryness and smooths the flakies but doesn't seem to do much in the way of treating them