September 18, 2014 | 920 users online

Lip Treatments - Nivea - A Kiss of Flavor Cherry

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2008 4:09:00 PM More reviews by coinmma

This is a great product for casual days or when you don't want a lot of color on your lip. It is a light cherry stain, but when reapplied can be built up in intensity. It is not slimy or sticky and is very convenient to apply. You just swipe it on and you have a "finished" look without having to look for a mirror. The price cannot be beat. I found it at Walgreens for $2.99, they were featuring a 50 cents off coupon, so I was able to snap up 2 for 5 dollars. I would definitely purchase again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2008 10:55:00 AM More reviews by wllow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

after trying the colorless version and falling in love, I decided to see if the tints were any good as well. the product is basically the same, plus color, which is great because I love the original's formula so much. the cherry tint is a buildable, soft pinky-red, leaving a stained look similar to the effect of eating a red candy or popsicle. it is very similar to benetint, although I much prefer this stick application. the cherry flavor is faint, which some may be disappointed by, but I am not such a fan of strong, artificial flavors. I highly recommend this tinted balm!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/15/2008 9:04:00 AM More reviews by mdl

aside from the beautiful stain/color it gives(like you just ate a popsicle) i hate the fact that it makes my lips feel dry:'( it's more of a stain than a lipbalm.i suggest topping it off with a clear gloss or for more color, a sheer red gloss. the smell is fine though.artificial but still smells good. and it's dirtcheap, so just try for the sake of curiosity.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2008 2:45:00 PM More reviews by MarieFJ

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is very nice! I usually choose tinted lip balms instead of lipstick since I prefer a natural look, plus my SO hates it when I kiss him and leave glitter/color behind (and I kiss him a lot;) This is one of the nicer ones I've tried, very subtle stain of color, buildable, and very moisturizing. I couldn't taste the flavor much, but that doesn't matter to me.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2008 7:13:00 PM More reviews by lolajean

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I so wanted to love this, but I can't get past the taste and smell. I have been searching for a subtle tinted balm that has no shimmer and is very sheer. I thought this was the answer but the flavor is awful and I just can't stand it. I thought I could get past it because I really love the sheer touch of color and how moisturizing it is, but sadly I can't.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2008 1:20:00 PM More reviews by fatbottmdgrl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I picked up three of these in my Rite Aid, because of all the positive things I had heard (and they only had three colors). I have a Pearl shimmer, a Cherry and a Passionfruit. I like these because they are moisturizing, you get a good amount of product for the price, and the color is extremely sheer. I am a PPP and can wear every color I bought, even though in the tube the Cherry is a vivid red and the Passionfruit is a vivid purply fuschia and the Pearl Shimmer is just that, a very soft pearly shimmer. It just looks like you have a more pigmented lip and the texture is not greasy at all. I certainly hope they bring as many colors out here as they have over in Europe.

$2.00 USD for a 9.17 Oz/4.8g

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2008 12:44:00 AM More reviews by MissKisara

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

After spending several years wishing that Labello were available in the United States, it seems that the people at Nivea read my mind! I'd never tried a 'flavored' version of this product, so I decided to give cherry a whirl. Upon first opening up the cute(and very cool) looking tube, I caught a whiff of a sweet cherry scent. It's almost like that of cherry Life Savers candy(it has no flavor though). Upon putting the balm on though, I must say that it glides on very smoothly. It doesn't feel too heavy, and the tint makes my lips look happy and healthy. Overall for $3, it's was quite a good buy!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2008 8:49:00 PM More reviews by stellina

I am just happy as a clam that Nivea finally brought this to the USA - or should I say Labello, since it's identical to their famous European products that I stockpile on every trip overseas. I grabbed this & the new passion fruit flavor, and it's identical to the Labello I bought in Europe except for the name. It's smooth and moisturizing without being greasy and it's not waxy at all - there's a slight tint in the cherry & passion fruit that's very natural and can still be swiped on sans mirror.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2008 8:34:00 PM More reviews by corye

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have very sensitive lips that are chronically dry. I can't use anything with mint but most tinted balms contain it so I was really excited to find one that doesn't.
I love this stuff. Well, not so much the flavor/scent so I'll be stalking a couple more Walgreens to try and find the other versions. The cherry is a typical fake Kool-Aid scent and there's not much flavor, more of a hint of sweetness. The color is a sheer red and adds quite a bit more color than I was expecting, still fairly natural with just a bit of shine.

It feels very smooth and a little mushy going on even though the stick actually seems pretty solid, is slick without feeling greasy and sticks around for longer than most balms. As a moisturizing balm, it provides instant relief from dryness and smooths the flakies but doesn't seem to do much in the way of treating them