April 16, 2014 | 1578 users online

Mascara - Chanel - Mascara Exceptionnel

rated 1 of 5 on 10/2/2008 11:24:00 PM More reviews by chemicallyfeline

ok well i thankfully got the sample of this mascara and did not have to pay a million dollars for this super waste of money. the brush was impossible, at least for me, i kept poking myself in the eye with it. the directions tell you to spin the brush while applying, but if you have short little lashes like i do, this makes you poke yourself in the eye. i tried really hard to make it work, but i just couldn't. after a few dozen pokes, i got an old mascara and cleaned the brush and used to chanel formula with a normal brush and it wasn't nothing to holler about. it was just ok. nothing special. it was clumpy but not so bad. still not worth the price tag and having to poke yourself in the eye. maybe this is for people with butterfly lashes and not for people with short ones. so this counts out most people. sad to say, this mascara sucked and totally defeated its purpose. it's supposed to make you look like you have long lashes instead of being made for those already gifted with them. this is crap. sorry chanel, but you just didn't cut it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2008 11:42:00 AM More reviews by brivb10

Swapped for a deluxe sample of this product after reading darlinglilkitten's review. Had been shopping for a new mascara since I was well, bored with the covergirl I had been using. OMG - never wanted to be so addicted to a mascara I would pay $28 a tube, but WOW. I tried all sorts of tests, one type on one eye, etc, and would has my SO each night which eye he liked better. Chanel won every time (and smart of me, so now he won't mention the price tag - lol). HANDS down BEST mascara EVER!!!!! Try it first, but if it is for you, you will be so hooked!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2008 3:03:00 AM More reviews by eternalstarangel

I wanted VERY VERY badly to love this mascara...but unfortunately I have to give up on it. It's amazing in the respect that it gives amazingly good volume (abeit slightly clumy) and even better length. In fact out of all the mascaras i've tried so far, it gives better length than any other mascara i've used (at least out of those that didn't attach little fibers) which is why i tried very very hard to make it work. Unfortunately...i have straight, stubborn asian lashes that did not allow exceptionnel to hold my curl very well...which is why I have to give up on it...it doesn't meet my one absolutely needed criteria for a mascara. IOt doesn't flake or smudge however, and I would love it if they made a wp version (which would most likely hold my curl..

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2008 8:00:00 PM More reviews by Dragun

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Another Allure Beauty Adviser here. I love this mascara. I would never have tried it if I hadn't gotten the deluxe sample from Allure. It doesn't curl as I'd hoped, but the volume, length and intense color make it a great mascara.There's an "instructional video" on the website that really doesn't tell you much, but the brush is very cool. The little bristles catch and grab those short tiny lashes, while the longer bristles deposit plenty of non-clumping, high pigment color. No smudging here either. Overall a great mascara, but I'm still whiny about the price tag. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2008 4:36:00 PM More reviews by verybecca

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I also got a mini from Allure and I never thought I'd say this, but I'm done with waterproof. This DOES NOT SMUDGE and I have the oiliest skin in the world. I was using MAC Splashproof and Voluminous WP before this and they both smudged (MAC was better than Voluminous) but they didn't do what this does. This simply stays put. It doesn't flake. It doesn't move. It holds my curl perfectly. The brush is amazing for separation and there's no clumping! I have found my perfect mascara. I am done. I just ordered 3 from Saks F&F. Maybe I need more???

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2008 3:18:00 PM More reviews by captivewildwoman

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Yet another Allure panelist on board! I love this mascara! I've always been strict drugstore mascara type of gal, but this made me change my mind.

Easy to apply, easy to remove with my Olay cleansing cloths. No smudging, flaking or irritation (I wear contacts). The Smoky Noir color emphasizes my green eyes to the max! My lashes are already pretty long and full without mascara, but this made them look like falsies! I love it!

Even though it's almost $30 a pop, I will definitely purchase this once the sample runs out...and that's a great endorsement, because I've never, ever spent more than $8 on mascara in my life!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/29/2008 12:15:00 AM More reviews by terriblebeauty

I got a sample of this from my mom's friend who works at Chanel and it was pretty. It makes my eye lashes stand out only a tiny bit more, but to be truthful, it didn't really do that much for me. I'm going to stick to my favorite: hypnose.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/27/2008 2:38:00 PM More reviews by berned_you

Love this! I got a sample from Allure like most people here and I really like it because it makes my lashes curl and fill out. My lashes are already quite long so I am rally looking for fullness. It's very dramatic without looking fake or clownish. I also LOVE that it comes in the smoky violet shade to emphasize my green eyes. I plan to buy it but holy crap is it expensive. It might have to be an xmas gift at $28 bucks a pop. This is the first chanel product I've tested and so far i'm impressed.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2008 11:43:00 PM More reviews by jaycee33

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm also an Allure panelist and received this product. I LOVE it! I am very picky about not the mascara but the brush itself. I have long lashes and am just looking for volume from a mascara. A lot of brushes are really thin and actually hurt a bit when applying. This brush was great - it didn't tug at all. As for the mascara itself, I got great separation, nice volume, no flaking, long wear and it was easy to remove. What more could you ask for? Actually, I could ask for a lower price (and that would be my only negative) but I don't think that's realistic.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2008 11:01:00 PM More reviews by Bijou7

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I rarely wear eye makeup, but this mascara made me want to do my eyes every day! I'm another Allure panelist, and due to my infrequency with mascara, I put off trying it, but when I did, I *loved* it. Others have already sufficiently described the rather unique brush, and I loved the smooth, totally clump-free application it afforded (the instructions helped, too). I also found that the formula *did* curl my lashes & held the curl well; guess I just have a different type of lash. I also got nice volume and day-long, totally smudge- and flake-free wear from this product, and most importantly, it didn't irritate my super-sensitive eyes whatsoever, and most mascaras do. I also did not experience any lash dryness or "crunchiness" as other posters have noted. Removal was a snap with Clinique "Take the Day Off" balm.

All in all, I was very impressed with this mascara--my lashes looked inky, separated and lovely. Will very likely buy the full-size...