September 18, 2014 | 897 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express The Colossal

rated 1 of 5 on 7/27/2013 6:47:00 AM More reviews by Efeemck

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Absolutely TERRIBLE mascara! It flaked down my face by lunchtime and transferred on my browbone. Maybelline sort it out!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2013 5:42:00 AM More reviews by amberxjustinx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using Maybelline Colossal 100% black for around a week now, and I think this is 'the one' for me. I never curl my lashes or apply fake ones, so I have always found it hard finding a good mascara, but this mascara is great, I give me really good length in just one coat and it thickens the lashes with every lash, so far it hasn't clumped unless my eyes are watering, due to this one isn't waterproof, the one thing it doesn't really give is curl, I am not saying it doesn't give me curl whatsoever, it does give great curl on the side lashes so it makes them look great. I don't really have any cons probably just the curl thingy which is nothing major. I would recommend it to anyone I loved it a lot, everyone was commenting on how great my lashes look and just so you know I have 'Asian lashes' (that's what I think they're called) my lashes are basically flat, short and straight so having a mascara like this is brill, thanks for reading:)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/26/2013 9:41:00 PM More reviews by MacBarbie90

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I exchanged the Mega Plush mascara purchase I had made with this mascara after reading horrible review on the Mega Plush and good reviews on this one. I really liked this mascara and the formula lasted and didn't dry out on me. Like most Maybelline mascaras, it did flake and leave ashes on my cheeks after a while, but the amount of volume it gave my lashes after just 2 or 3 coats was amazing. Overall, it was a good mascara, and would recommend it to first-time buyers.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/19/2013 5:29:00 PM More reviews by Lexy123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

READ HERE: okay so most of the comments on here are saying that it clumps. So here's the solution: when you are taking the brush out of the tube to apply to your lashes, spin it back and forth slowly while you're getting it out. This takes all the exes mascara off the brush and leaves the correct amount on it. Okay so now that you know what i do to make it less clumpy, on with the review!! I think that this is a good product to use with another mascara. I would use a really good mascara for setting the base, and then i would use this one as the second layer. This gives your eyes really good volume and length. I got it in black and i really like it. It makes your eyelashes pop! It does flake a bit but its not too noticeable (considering that mine is waterproof). The mascara that i used for the base is the l'oreal voluminous millions lashes mascara in coal black and water proof.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/19/2013 1:21:00 PM More reviews by lyssiekimi

Colossal Volum? More like Colossal clumping! Not only does it clump, it also smudges, flakes, and gives me raccoon eyes! The brush is huge and is really clumsy- it is not for short lashes like mine. This will probably be great for longer lashes but not for me:/ And it smells horrible. It's like that regular mascara smell times twelve.

The only reason I gave two lippies was because it does darken my lashes and give decent volume...

rated 4 of 5 on 7/15/2013 6:17:00 AM More reviews by hannahgball

This was the first mascara that I have ever repurchased and the first mascara that I have ever payed full price for! In Australia this retails for around about $18 - $20 which is standard for mascara so I usually just buy a mascara that is on special. Which is how I first came across the product. I loved this product so much so I brought it again. It gives great volume and separates the lashes so so pretty! I have often got complements about the way my eyelashes look when I wear this. I took one lippy off as it is not as lengthening - it does give length, just not as much as other mascaras. But this is inevitable as the mascara is intended to focus on volumising the lashes as opposed to giving dramatic lash extension. The mascara is very black and the formula is really nice and lasts a long time. You can build your lashes up to get a more dramatic look. Another problem with the mascara is that it can tend to flake a little bit after wearing it for extended periods e.g 10 hours. It washes off nicely and you don't have to scrub your eyes hard to remove it. The packaging is nice and the bright yellow makes it easy to find, the lid closes tightly and i have no problems with the formula drying out.Overall I love this mascara and will continue to repurchase it.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/14/2013 1:53:00 PM More reviews by MakeupMyDay2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is an okay mascara. It's not one I'm too excited about but it worked for me. I don't like the packaging. It's yellow and big, a little too outstanding for my taste. But I can't really say that my lashes scream volume after using this. If I use eyeliner, probably any mascara will do for me. My lashes are quite long and I use a curler so if it darkens them more, it's alright. But if I don't use eyeliner, and just this mascara, I don't think it does enough. My lashes don't get any extra volume or length. Comparing the price with the product I wouldn't buy this again.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/14/2013 7:09:00 AM More reviews by april7xD

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I didn't like this product at all. When i used it, it made my lashes stick together and my eyes water. It also smudged around my eyes. It doesn't smell that good too.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2013 1:15:00 PM More reviews by madaisy

The best at the drugstore! Pity that in Italy you pay more than 13€ for only one of this and in the US you find 2 for less than 10$! It gives you volume, length, deep black color and its quick and successfull!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2013 1:41:00 AM More reviews by mizzjen

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have used all ranges of mascara from Lancome to Mac and now to drugstore brands like Maybelline. This is my new favorite! I swapped my "higher end", more expensive mascaras for this. I am blonde with nearly invisible lashes and with this, I literally only need one coat. Usually I need 2 and with a really bad one, 3. It does make my lashes look more defined and enhances the length. I've been experimenting with a few from Maybelline's Volum' Express line and this is my favorite. My new HG!