July 28, 2014 | 1895 users online

Foundations - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Foundation

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2013 1:26:00 PM More reviews by ljoseph29

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is one of the best foundations I have used in a good while! Provides pretty good coverage, blends very well and it matches my skintone perfectly. It covers up all my acne scars and smoothes out my skin instantly. In the summer, I use this as an eye concealer to pull off an au naturalle look. You have to be careful with this foundation because it will look cakey if you apply too much and can suffocate your pores which is why I minimally use it. A dime size is good enough when you use it with primer.The main con I have with it is that the pump is irritating and can get clogged overtime. It is worth the money though.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/29/2013 6:58:00 AM More reviews by IloveShuUemura

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I absolutely hated this. Firstly, it is definitely not long lasting. Probably due to my combination skin, it only lasted for an hour and after an hour, all I see is patches on my cheeks(my cheeks area is normally not oily at all) and my nose and forehead is freaking oily. Even when I set with setting powder, when I just gently touch my face, the foundation comes off. The only thing I like is the coverage(medium to high, buildable) but it's useless when it only last for an hour on my face. Will never purchase it again. Actually I'm quite disappointed with the products of MUFE. I bought a primer that does NOTHING AT ALL to my face and many other useless product. So yea, I will not buy anything from MUFE anymore. Plus it's lousy quality with expensive price.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/28/2013 12:30:00 AM More reviews by thirdsword

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

MUFE HD doesn't sound like a foundation I would typically look into--after reading my reviews it becomes clear to one that I love the heavy, matte stuff that really covers. The main reason why this product has always interested me, though, is the wide range of colours it comes in. I finally decided to get a sample a few weeks ago, and I'm surprised at how much I like this formula.

My samples are labelled 117 and 118. I swear that I had picked up the 120 instead of the 117, and judging from real-life and online swatches I'm sure that I could never get away with 117 (even with the later mentioned oxidation). The 120/117 I had asked for was to check the undertone, and although 118 is supposed to be beige, I thought that the depth might match me. In any case, I'll have to bring my little jar of 120/117 to Sephora to match it.

I'm quite yellow/olive, and as expected, the undertone of the 120/117 (I guess I'll call it the "yellow-toned sample" for the rest of the review) matched me better, but even then, it looked slightly pink on me. The depth looked right, though, as the foundation had oxidized. On the other hand, the 118 ended up being too dark, and not nearly warm enough.

Even with my oily skin, this did a nice job of drying down on my face. But I still felt the need to set it with powder.

What blew me away was how natural the foundation looked. I was always worried that the pearl in the formula would make me look sparkly or greasy, but it simply made me look like I had smooth, healthily glowing skin. Usually I feel like my skin looks gross until I have all my acne and my scars covered up and my face completely mattified, but with MUFE HD, even with its "mere" light to medium coverage, and even with my scars still visible, I felt confident. (Though it may also be that my skin was behaving at the time.) It actually made me sad when I set my makeup and I saw how flat I looked after!

About three hours after I had finished putting on my face, my face had started to show shine again. Nevertheless, HD never made me look like a greaseball the way Mat Velvet+(!), which often gets recommended over the HD for oily skin, did (well...except my nose). Most of the time I looked dewy. I don't think I would use this in hot weather, however; I feel like it would melt right off.

Glass bottles tend to feel more luxurious, but the portability of plastic makes me happy. Also, I'm glad that this bottle has a pump.

Overall, I'd be happy to add this product to my collection, as it would be my foundation of choice for good skin days in cool weather. MUFE HD has taught me that the world of dewy and natural finish foundations isn't so bad after all!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/27/2013 4:02:00 PM More reviews by Babysammm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have used this for about a year, I didn't realize until after I stopped using it that it was the one causing my break out, especially on my jaw line. It doesn't stay on for very long, about 3-4 hours depending on your activities and weather. Won't buy again, it's expensive and not worth for the price! I like the packaging though.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/26/2013 7:45:00 AM More reviews by mayganade

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Ehh it looks absolutly gorgeous at first. But if you have oily skin, PREPARE FOR A MAKEUP MELT DOWN!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 10/24/2013 10:32:00 AM More reviews by carick85

Horrible. Just horrible. I have acne prone skin and this severely clogged my pores. At the end of the day, my face would be itchy and dying for me to wash this off. It does cover well and looks beautiful, but not for everyday use for someone who is acne prone.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/23/2013 10:05:00 AM More reviews by glamerous3059

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I PURCHASED TO SEE IF THIS WOULD WORK ON MY OILY SKIN, BUT NOOOO THIS DIDNT STAY MATTE AND THE HD LEAVE WHITE CAST OR GHOST FACE IN PHOTOS SO BE CAREFUL. IF FILMING IT MAY WEAR FINE BUT NOT IF YOU HAVE TO TAKE PICTURES.

SORRY ON TO NEXT

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2013 11:02:00 PM More reviews by ChewyT

This is my 2nd bottle of HD. AND I LOVE IT!

I have pitmarks and scars, freckles (you name it) and this easily just concealed everything! I didn't even have to use any add-on concealers around my eyes because it's just that much coverage!

It's a weeny bit oily, so do remember to add some loose powder to make it stay.
Otherwise, it's awesome. Price sucks though.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2013 10:45:00 PM More reviews by gmarie82

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have worn bare minerals for ten years, as I'm getting older i needed the change and hated trying a liquid foundation but I thought fine ill give it a try... SO GLAD I DID! So light on my skin and feels like my natural skin. perfect color match! stays on and my pores appear smaller. I put two pumps on the back of my hand and apply with a brush.. don't forget to prime and add the powder and wow its amazing! Price is crappy but honestly it does last a while so its worth it!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/19/2013 1:00:00 AM More reviews by makeupjunkee

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

My biggest problem with foundations is getting the color match. This is a perfect match for my skin tone and it doesn't change (oxidize) after a while, which is another problem I often have. Coverage is good; a fairly light coat covers the redness I have. It stays on extremely well on my normal skin. For all that, it just isn't my HG, so I'll keep looking.