Make Up For Ever HD High Definition Foundation

3.6

Aqua, Cyclopentasiloxane, Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate, Mica, talc, PEG-10 Dimenthicone, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Phenyl, Trimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Lauroyl Lysine, Dimenthicone Crosspolymer, Glyceryl Caprylate, Methylpropanediol, Butylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Cyclohexacyloxane, Methylisothiazolinone, Sorbitan Sesquileate, Silver Oxide, Propylene, Carbonate, Parfum (fragrance), Methylparaben, Fagus Sylvatica Extract (Fagus Sylvatica Bud Extract), Hydrolyzed Yeast Protein, [+/- CI 77891 )titanium Dioxide), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides).

on 3/14/2014 2:02:00 AM

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

A foundation to go!!

Applied easily with either finger, brush or sponge. Could be worn as natural look or full face makeup at weddings.(depend on the amount you use but coverage would be vary too)

Top quality but not Holy Grail.( what would be HG is Sisley, Cle de peau; these 2 make you look like having great skin since you are born) It cling on dry patches sometimes.
The price in my country is outrages (70$/1 bottle) I might buy it again but never buy in my country for sure.

Ps I also have HD primer but never could figure out a good way to used it.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

HOLY GRAIL FOUNDATION! I have very oily skin and I am in shade #127 (MAC NC30) and it matches me perfectly. It looks so natural and beautiful! Photographs amazing and this foundation is just perfection. Looks so beautiful on the skin and flawless. I use my beauty blender and it is just incredible. Doesn't budge, transfer, or oxidize! I highly recommend to everyone! Run and buy this don't walk!

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

Gave this a try in #177 (neutral caramel) a deep brown which is a bit more yellow-toned than my usual liquid foundation (Urban Decay Naked Skin in 12). I love the color range - there's a variety of undertones represented in the deeper shades.
I apply with my fingers (war paint stripes) and then stipple on/blend out with a damp beauty blender sponge. A few pumps gives me the medium coverage I prefer without looking cakey. When I applied with a brush I used way more product (like 5 pumps) and ended up with a too flat look, so the BB is the way to go if you like a sheerer, more natural look.
The texture of this feels nice - silky with a slightly dewey finish that gets shiny in my t-zone after a few hours with no primer. it does emphasize my pores more than I'd like. It feels heavier than my urban decay, but still pretty light. I'm not sure that this would hold up well in the heat or humidity of summer as it does wear off after a several hours. Didn't notice a smell and the transfer is obnoxious without setting powder.

Oh, and it does photograph well for me (not too flat and no flash ash). In photos, it looks like I'm wearing nothing and have even toned skin.

Overall, it doesn't beat my faves due to the wear it wears, but I like it enough to keep in the mix.

on 3/6/2014 11:27:00 AM

I really wanted to like this, since everyone raves about how great it looks in photos. On me, however (color 115 was what I chose), it didn't look good, so I'm sure it would not have looked good in photographs either. It accentuated dry patches (even ones I didn't know I had) and just didn't look natural. I tried to put up with it for a while, but found myself coming up with excuses not to use it.

I tried # 25 and a sample of a darker color (can't remember ). I had to return it..... I want so much to love this because of all the reviews. I wanted to try something new that I love as much as my NAKED SKIN FOUNDATION #5. Back on the search .....

on 3/2/2014 3:13:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

The HD foundation definitely has a good shade range. I'm very fair but with a warm undertone, which I find is very hard to find in most fair foundations. However shade 117 was pretty spot on for me, yay! Writing a review for this is quite hard, it's not my favorite foundation ever but I didn't hate it either. I didn't think it covered that well, and it's got quite a dewy finish which doesn't really work with my combo skin as it looked oily after a couple of hours. But the finish of it is very pretty, and I think someone with normal skin would really like that. Also I like that it doesn't have spf for when you want to look to good in pictures etc. Overall I expected a bit more from this foundation though

on 3/2/2014 1:30:00 AM

My favorite liquid foundation ive tried thus far! I have huge pores around the triangle area under my eyes by my nose and it didnt accentuate mine at all, it covered them all up! I did use my smashbox photofinish primer, they looked flawless together and my skin looked amazing in photos. Great color selection, great packaging, controllable pump, awesome texture, medium-full coverage, buildable. Felt very lightweight. I did get a little oily because i didnt set it with a powder to see how itd hold up, but it was nothing an elf oil blotting sheet couldnt fix. I want to get their Hd powder now! absolutely no shimmers in it and left me with a demi matte finish which i love. Definitely purchasing again once i run out!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I absolutely love this foundation; I had been lusting for it for a long time and finally treated myself to it. I am in the lightest shade, 110.

Pros:
- Perfect color match; I am VERY fair and it is nearly impossible for me to find the perfect match. This is it. It's not too pink, not too yellow.
- Blends easily
- Wide range of coverage; you can use less for lighter but build it up for medium to full and it doesn't look cakey
- Doesn't cling to dry patches; I have very dry skin right now and it is very hard for most foundations to glide over my skin, but this does that
- Good lasting power

Cons:
- Pricey
- Might not last as well on oily skin; for all day wear (I mean morning until late night), I do need to powder

Overall, this foundation is a complete win for me.

on 2/27/2014 6:55:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

SHOULD BE CALLED HD PORES!!! Seriously, every pore on my face became completely magnified! I was shocked when I looked in the mirror as I have never ever seen my pores look like that - it was like they were being heavily smothered and were gasping for air through the thick foundation! I would have thought any product speficially marketed as HD would have a special focus on BLURRING pores and making them look near invisible which is kinda what I thought would be the point in making skin "HD" ready... I guess their whole concept is giving a skin-like finish but to be honest the finish is greasy and you could get a better effect from a good BB cream which is good for your skin rather than detrimental! Also this gave me blackheads and clogged and enlarged my pores as well as giving me strange little irritated bumps that were not like normal breakouts but almost like a rash. Even my sister who never breaks out experienced this. And I was having pretty great skin at the moment due to a combination of healthy diet, exercise and a good skin care regime and makeup that is kind to skin. I almost undid all that hard work in just 3 consecutive days of wearing this. And a Warning: even after I stopped wearing it breakouts were still coming to the surface. I also have never experienced my skin feeling "suffocated" like I have with this foundation and this is coming from someone who wears some kind of foundation/bb cream every day including Studio Fix Fluid as my HG. Also the colour - 120 (nc20ish) has a definite weird unflattering yellow tone to it, almost makes me look a bit ill rather than healthy. Oh and this does NOT last. Either my skin is absorbing it (scary as the ingredients are not friendly sounding) or it just disintegrates/evaporates with wear. It'll also slide right off if it comes into contact with anything unlike Studio Fix Fluid which doesn't budge. Basically I will never buy it again!

on 2/27/2014 4:44:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

Beautiful, flawless, lightweight, great coverage, so easy to work with, This is by far my favourite foundation that I ALWAYS reach for, amazing.

Video Reviews & Tutorials