Make Up For Ever HD High Definition Foundation

3.6

Aqua, Cyclopentasiloxane, Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate, Mica, talc, PEG-10 Dimenthicone, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Phenyl, Trimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Lauroyl Lysine, Dimenthicone Crosspolymer, Glyceryl Caprylate, Methylpropanediol, Butylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Cyclohexacyloxane, Methylisothiazolinone, Sorbitan Sesquileate, Silver Oxide, Propylene, Carbonate, Parfum (fragrance), Methylparaben, Fagus Sylvatica Extract (Fagus Sylvatica Bud Extract), Hydrolyzed Yeast Protein, [+/- CI 77891 )titanium Dioxide), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides).

on 6/12/2014 9:09:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

good color selection

is not for oily skin

does not stay matte for longer than 2 hours

does look good in photos

melts and oxidizes

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

What can I say? The moment the SA at Sephora swatches this on my skin, I instantly fell in love. It was really love at first sight. First of all, I saw absolutely flawless coverage and 100% matched skin color. Second, it feels barely there on your skin. This is a very expensive product but when I saw what it could do to my face, I didn't hesitate for 1 second! I have been using this for quite some time now, and I think it's safe to say that I have found my HG foundation. It stays put all day - without primer or even without powder on top. And I live in very hot country where I have to be under the sun most days. It has definitely impressed me and I will repurchase once I use it up. I am even thinking of buying the HD primers.
Tip to women with dry skin: Make sure you really moisturise your skin before putting this on!

on 6/10/2014 8:29:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Great matte finish, pretty natural looking but if your skin is dry like mine, it can look quite flaky unless you have seriously moisturized. Another downfall is the tones - it's either yellowy or pink, so on me I was told to buy 2 and combine them so the tones neutralize...no thanks I don't wanna spend 120 bucks on foundation!

on 6/8/2014 10:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Cool

My daily foundation. Great for medium coverage, looks amazing in pictures and the color matches my skin tone pretty well. Im on my 4th bottle and will continue to keep using, I'm shade n128.

on 5/29/2014 3:10:00 PM

I love the way this foundation makes my skin look. I have normal to dry skin and it makes me look glowing and amazing.

Unfortunately it makes me break out. Even with cystic acne.

Having normal/dry skin i rarely if ever break out even when i was a teenager.

I also find it slides around a bit and doesnt stay on all day.
Much prefer face atelier. Will keep looking for a new HG foundation

Very dissapointing for the price

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I have had products with cameras flashes, that is why I decided to try this product.
In general, it's decent. It looks natural (not heavy) and it holds my oily skin in the summer. I don't have any ultimate complain about it, perhaps just a bit more coverage.

Αγαπώ αυτο το foundation.Γίνεται "ένα" με την επιδερμίδα μου τόσο,που δεν φαίνεται ότι φοράω.Με την διάρκειά του είμαι αρκετά ευχαριστημένη.Η τιμή του είναι αρκετά υψηλή,και θα το σκεφτόμουν να το ξαναπάρω.

I love this foundation for normal skin type. I have #115(pink),117(yelow), 120(y), 125(y), 128(olive), 150(pink), 155(slightly orange).
Searching for somthing darker similar #128.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I'm surprised at some of the negative reviews! I love this foundation! I use the shade 115. I have found that after using tons of other foundations, I always seem to come back to this one. I love it for pictures since there's no SPF you don't get any flashback. It's light weight but beautiful coverage. I have found that it works best with my beauty blender. Every time I use this foundation I get compliments on my skin, not on my makeup, but on how beautiful my skin looks!
Also, the shade range is fantastic. I have a really hard time finding something with enough pink undertones without making me look like I have a face of calamine lotion. Shade 115 is perfect for me!

on 5/19/2014 3:38:00 AM

I have tried this foundation in both summer and winter and it just doesnt work for me.
During the winter when my skin is dry (a little drier than average) it clings to my dry patches and looks really patchy. During the summer when my skin becomes a bit more oily it slides off my face after a few hours. I would say this is a low-med coverage foundation.
Pros: really wide range of colours
Good consistency
Doesn't oxidize (on my skin)