November 27, 2014 | 952 users online

Liquid - Shu Uemura - Face Architect Smoothing Fluid Foundation ] [DISCONTINUED]

image 0image 1image 2

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 on 3/19/2009 8:25:00 PM More reviews by seceruuu

this foundation is perfect, but i can find tone for me. Beacuse I buy from internet and I can see tone of all fondation. I try 764 , and the color is good but is too yelow. Woth nuber of foundation is the same color but to soo yelow, my skin tone is not yelow and not rose, is neutral. Please help me.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2009 2:41:00 AM More reviews by merryjane81

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been using this product for almost a year now. I probably went through 3-4 bottles. When applied with a foundation brush (I use MAC 187 brush), it applies flawlessly. It gives light-medium coverage and does not feel heavy at all. I normally set it with loose powder. It lasts pretty much all day (except the nose area). I don't really have any other complaint.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2009 7:56:00 PM More reviews by rosycheek22

I have been using Shu's Fluid in Foundation for probably eight years. I always liked it, liked the sheer coverage, the buildability, the way it made my skin look healthy and soft. The only thing I didn't like was how quickly it wore away from the sides of my nose and my chin--places where I most needed coverage.

Face ARchitect is much longer lasting, and is slightly less sheer. But it isn't remotely heavy make up-y. It makes my dry-ish/combo/sensitive/ruddy skin look amazing.

One note, I wore 764 in Fluid in Foundation. I got the same color in this and it's a little bit lighter. For me, that works, but just as an FYI: The colors aren't exactly the same.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2009 2:09:00 PM More reviews by babyscorpion

I am very impressed by this foundation. I love my look natural and this one accomplishs it. It blends extremely well and the SA did an exceptional job at matching my skin to the right foundation. I do always use concelear under it. (I am concelear nuts), as I have some acne scars and some imperfections. And after applying this fondation and some powder my skins does look flawless. I feel that the coverage here can be sheer to medium very buildable. I like it much better than my MAC Studio Finish Foundation. This one already comes with a pump. I would definetly re-purchased this one.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/21/2009 1:47:00 AM More reviews by ladyv

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

It's an ok product. I don't see all the hypes about this foundation. I have combination skin with oily T zone area with some acne scars. Like many of the reviewers who has oily/combo skin, this did not last that long on me, and my T zone was oily before noon. by mid-afternoon, my face looks dirty. I didn't know what first, thinking why does my face look so dirty today? but i think the color changes or darkens on some areas after a while. Coverage is moderate to medium, I definitely have to use concealer to cover imperfections. Good thing about this is, when you put this on first, it blends really well and looks great right right after you apply this foundation. I love the texture, and it does look like you have good skin right after you apply this. maybe it's better for people with drier skin. I also love the packaging. I wanted to like it so much, and thought I liked for first couple days. I've been using this for about 2 weeks now, and I am sorry that this product dissapointed me a bit

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2009 9:30:00 PM More reviews by shaleelo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use the shade 774, after i got fed up with mixing 764 and 364 together to get a more neutral tone to it, i found that using 774 and then the 364 shade powder worked better, and and it saved me more foundation as none is wasted while mixing them together.

My face is kinda on the dry and a teensy bit lump because of the dryness and flakelynesss, This foundation works like a dream when applying. its sooo silky and smooth when i apply it, and it blends so beautifully in with my skin.

it makes my skin look flawless, the coverage is great, in between medium and full as it covers the redness in my cheeks, which is like roscea, as i have very sensitive skin, but i can still it is my skin.

but the staying power needs a little tweaking. by the end of the day, about 5pm, (i put makeup on at about 8am) its either patchy or all gone. so at about 2/3pm, i have to retouch, but most of the time i forget.

UPDATE: i recently started to use my 187 brush with this foundation, and its just made it better, if thats possible

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2009 4:20:00 PM More reviews by mangujowa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Let's start with the good. The texture is phenomenal. It goes on like a second skin and stays on all day, and doesn't rub off on the nose, ect like some other foundations do when you've had them on for a few hours. It's good for clear skin, as it's pretty sheer and light. Doesn't feel heavy on the skin at all. Out of all the foundations I've tried, this one is my favorite so far.

And then there's the problem that there's no real color match for me. Chanel's shell color is the perfect color--shu either makes the colors too orange or too yellow. I look sickly/carroty... the 554 that I purchased is decent, but it's nothing compared to shell.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2009 3:29:00 AM More reviews by querand

I like my makeup natural, and this foundation is the most natural of all the liquid foundations i've tried so far. It's not sticky, and when smoothing it onto the skin it absorbs very easily with little residue. I can't help feeling that it must be pretty gentle on my skin, and have no qualms wearing it all day everyday. No mask-like quality, thus not easy to overdo.

I am a fair Chinese girl, i use 774, which blends into my skin tone very easily, but at the end of the day i suspect it starts to turn a bit too sallow. Might try 574 next if I run out of foundation. The SA diligently tried quite a number of shades on me though, and decided on this quite firmly, so perhaps this is the one best shade for me.

Very nice frosted bottle. I dont' like the tacky clear glass ones. Hygienic pump, nice white lettering. Visuals are very important to me for enjoying my cosmetics :) Overall, a reliable, happy purchase that will get me through a whole year of au naturel makeup.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/15/2008 11:34:00 PM More reviews by dharbo

At first I only kinda liked how it looked on my skin, it started out almost fully matte. By the end of the day it looked actually more dewey. Which is how I like my foundation. But if it wasn't that I broke out from it, then I would have kept it. The texture is very light and the coverage is more light-medium, in my honest opinion. If I wanted more full coverage then it would look like a mask.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2008 3:33:00 PM More reviews by atsugari

Tried it on at Shu Uemura counter during a promotional event. after she applied it I looked like I had caked on makeup. Not natural looking at all. If you like caked on looking makeup this is the one for you. It feels heavy and I looked like a chalk board because the SA dusted on the powder foundation afterwards to control shine.

The powder and the foundation didn't control shine my nose was shiny after 3 hours. Will not purchase and I'm glad I tried it first.