April 17, 2014 | 1910 users online

Fragrances - Chloe - Chloe (EDP)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2010 3:18:00 AM More reviews by PaleIsTheNewTan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This has become my go-to fragrance this Fall. I first got a sample of the EDP from Murale, along with a sample vial of Juicy Couture Couture in a GWP bag. I got the bag expecting to love the JCC, but found it to be sickly sweet, rather musky, and just very... juvenile, on me. This completely took me by surprise. I've been waiting anxiously since then to hoard my Optimum Points and purchase it at Murale.

I should note, I am not a fragrance connosieur. This is the third fragrance I've bought in my life - Britney Spears' Curious being the first for Senior Prom (oy...) and Flowerbomb back in March which I wore quite a bit during the Spring and Summer. Suffice it to say, I'm not that up on which specific notes I like and which I don't. If it smells good, it smells good.

It is quite floral on me, but I definately smell the powder note as well. At the same token, I get some smokey note to it that keeps it from just smelling totally generic. I also find this works better on me in colder weather and damp, rainy days - I don't know if it's the smokey note (whatever it is) or the powder note, but this feels much more suitable on me, now in October than it did in late August when it was still humid. The drydown for this, is a lot less floral than when it first starts out. There's a slight berry note (at least, that I can detect or smell) that seems to come through after a couple of minutes. Though the first whiff is quite floral with maybe a hint of powderness, the drydown for this is beautiful.

While it smells 'girly', I don't find it smells particulary young on me. I do find it to be a very feminine scent, but in a very grown-up way. I definately don't feel too young as an early 20-something to be wearing this the way I do Chanel No. 5 (though No. 5 EDP/EDT is completely wrong with my chemistry!); but I also don't feel silly wearing it the way I (would expect to, at least on me!) do VW Princess, Juicy Couture's offerings, or even the very sweet Lacoste Touch of Pink or Pink Sugar. But scents are a very personal thing, and for some reason, this works better on me than a lot of fragrances.

The only quibble I have is with the packaging, though it a minor one. I do find the lid over the atomizer to be a little heavy or awkward or something to pull off. The bottle itself is very nicely designed, but I was worried I was going to pull of the entire spout (spritzer and all) when pulling off the lid.

As for sillage, this lasts through a 6-8 hour day on me. I'm pleased with this, and consider it enough bang for my buck, though I can't really complain as all I really ended up paying was the taxes on this. I expect this fragrance to be my standby in the Fall and Winter, and one I'll have on my vanity for a long time. Will definately repurchase when I run out.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2010 10:29:00 AM More reviews by apgoh2

This is one of Chloe's best selling perfume, with all together 3 versions (EDT, EDP and Intense). They all smell the same, but has different concentrations of perfume oil.

This infamous perfume won 5 beauty awards alone in year 2009. I first took a sniff of this wonderful creation while transitting in the airport. I was caught by surprise by it's clean, crisp and naturally pleasant fragrance. My sister told me that it smells like a very fragrant fabric softener, and I agree to her to a certain extent. The fragrance is rather light, floral, but not too sweet or overly empowering if it makes sense. Similarly, it's also very long-lasting and the smell lingers until the end of the day. A VERY good sign for a perfume, I like :)

However, I found that it is rather expensive, retailing almost USD90+ for merely 50ml (EDP). I still got it because I rarely find a perfume that I think about ALOT right after the first sniff

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2010 10:48:00 AM More reviews by possebendy

This is review is actually for the Chloe EDT, but I've only seen the EDT at Sephora. Most dept stores only carry the EDP or Intense version, I remember even walking into a Nordstroms and asking for the EDT and the sales lady said Chloe did not come out with an EDT, which blew my mind because I had just seen it at sephora. You'll know its an EDT if 1) obviously it'll say it on the bottle, 2) the liquid is lighter than the EDP, 3) the bow on the bottle is also lighter. I believe the Intense version comes w/ a black bow on the bottle, EDP a light camel-beige colored bow, and the EDT comes with a cream colored bow. I liked this fragrance very much because once it settled into my own skin it turned into this light, and lovely scent which I grew to love. It does cost pretty much an arm and a leg but luckily I found it only for 40% less then in stores.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2010 2:21:00 PM More reviews by JClarke

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was tempted to buy this by one of those fragrance strips in a magazine. I fell in love with it instantly. I love fruity florals and this was divine!
I had a couple of weeks of bliss - "the honeymoon period" if you will. But then I was completely amazed to find that the fragrance remaining in the bottle (even though I was using it just about daily) was rapidly losing its perfume until, eventually, I barely recognized it for what I had originally fell in love with. It just smelt like any other cheap perfume. And I hadn't left it out on the dressing table or anything like that.
I have never heard of this happening before. I was so disappointed. In future I am going to stick to the classic perfume houses who,in my opinion, know how to make perfume properly - Dior, Chanel, Guerlain and the like..
Amazing bottle, by the way - at least I have that left!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/22/2010 5:50:00 PM More reviews by courters

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

First off, I would like to mention that I have the EDT. Something about the EDP just smelled off on my skin, but the EDT is quite lovely, so I suggest trying both if one doesn't work for you.
On me, this is a clean, fresh scent but still a bit sexy. I'm not good at picking out notes, but it does smell a bit floral to me, but not overpoweringly so.
This is quite strong for an EDT, one spray lasts all day for me. It doesn't seem to change a whole lot as the day goes on, which can be good or bad depending on how much you like the opening notes. If anything, I would say it softens and deepens - seems to meld into my skin, but the overall feel of it is the same.
I love the bottle, it is very feminine yet simple. I have the 1.7 oz size, which fits comfortably in my hand and is easy to spray.
I usually wear this to work since it is a little more reserved and less noticeable than other scents, but it would be a great perfume for any occasion you want to smell nice but not call a lot of attention to yourself. It is not my absolute favorite fragrance ever, but I would definitely rebuy this.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2010 5:24:00 PM More reviews by JCM123

I LOVE this has to be one of my favourite scents! It is quite pricey so I try to use it wisely so that I can get hubby to buy in duty free when he travels with work rather than having to fork out lots of s. Would defo repurchase this again, my only gripe is that the lid doesn't stay on so one weekend away is all it takes for it to get lost somewhere out there...

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2010 12:46:00 AM More reviews by karencherries

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am writing this review for the edt version. It smells so great. On my skin, it smells like dryer sheets with a touch of spice! I haven't smelled the edp, so I can't say if it's any better or worse. I really love the edt though

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2010 8:35:00 AM More reviews by catpie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is absolutely my favourite perfume of all time!!! I'm on my 3rd bottle and will keep repurchasing! I recently saw a mini size in a leather chloe case at the duty free but it was more expensive than a full bottle! love it so much I'm contemplating it, despite the ridiculous price!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2010 5:05:00 AM More reviews by Ivytje

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

First thing that i can think of to describe this perfume is fabric softener. Very fresh, clean odour. Like fresh washed linen cloths. Love it!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/16/2010 7:30:00 PM More reviews by xANKE

☞ WHY? I've got this perfume for christmas from my mom; I knew the scent of this amazing perfume since I was in new york last summer. I was in Saxe fifth avenue, when they gave me like a little ribbon with the scent of this chloe perfume.
I'm not easy choosing perfume, but when I smelled this, I was surprized. In a good way ;)

☝ LIKES :
anyway, the smell is feminin but not too 'old', it's girly but not too 'kiddy / Young ' .
- It has a good smell . (aww, I think it's very hard reviewing perfume ! ;( )
- I like the bottle with the ribbon around it (:
- the scent does stay a while!

☟ DISLIKES
- A little too expensive , It does no good for my wallet ( or actually the money that's in there :) )

Anke, Belgium ♧