August 22, 2014 | 1950 users online

Brows - Maybelline - Define-A-Brow

rated 3 of 5 on 10/4/2011 5:25:00 AM More reviews by CrisM

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm a fan of this product for the following reasons:
-Thin application
-Color
-Long wearing

I purchased this product after getting tired of dealing with the two step processes of a brow wax and shadow routine. I was a bit skeptical about going back to a pencil but this product is very easy to use. Instead of getting that drawn on look you would normally get with your average eyebrow pencil, the tip of this 'pencil' is very fine that you are able to mimic the look of hair with light strokes. Don't get me wrong, if you have a heavy hand when using this product you will get that same drawn on look so please keep that in mind.

I have dark brown/black hair and the color of this product is great. It's not so dark that it looks fake or drawn on but it compliments the natural color of my brows. It's also not a weird tone of dark brown (something I've run into before with other brow pencils) that peaks through the black hairs in my brows giving it a streaky look. It seems to color match itself to my hair color and I appreciate that. =)

The lasting power of this product is rather impressive. I have substantial eyebrows but I do need to fill in some spots to give them a more uniform look as well as draw on a bit of a tail as they are shorter than I feel they should be. I also sweat a lot and I've noticed that even on the hottest and most active of my days I still have two gorgeous eyebrows even when all my makeup on my face has melted off! That to me is awesome and reason enough to repurchase! But all though the product stays put through perspiration I have no problems washing it off at the end of the night even with a less than awesome facial cleanser.

The only reason why I would not repurchase this item is because I am moving towards more natural (and eventually all organic) cosmetics.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2011 6:35:00 PM More reviews by ucrgirl06

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Love it. Quite simply it does what I need, and I've been spending $14 for the MAC eyebrow pencil. I can buy 3 of these for that price. Also, I like the fact that it comes in a lot of colors.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2011 6:42:00 PM More reviews by jenettd

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Simple and effective. I have the dark brown one and the black and they both look natural on me.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2011 12:41:00 PM More reviews by swthart

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this eyebrow pencil. I purchased it in dark brown which works perfectly for me. It doesn't look harsh on my brows at all. I especially love how thin the pencil is. It makes filling them in look natural. I've already repurchased a backup. :)

rated 2 of 5 on 9/8/2011 10:32:00 AM More reviews by tightkitty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Grey

I know i'm going to get slated for this and i'm the minority on here but here is my review with this product. I purchased Dark Brown and the color was brown with a hint of auburn in it, which I wasn't expecting at all. I prefer more of a dark chocolate when something is called dark brown. It was super hard to control the micro fine thin pencil and is very hard to get them the look natural and keep such a steady hand on this very thin pencil..and my brows just ended up looking fake esp since the pencil is not a true dark brown and I could see where it was applied since it didn't match and in pictures you could always tell they looked so drawn on and fake.The texture was greasy/waxy, the pencil doesn't twist back down, smudged like crazy, and the pigmentation seemed to be lacking also . This doesn't have good staying power also. I would not rebuy. The brow pencil I had before this suits me better oh and the comb with this is useless the one I prefer has a small brush that I love. I don't know if the fans of this product like that super thin eyebrow look or what because I don't get it. Mine didn't break but maybe since I grab my old one and don't use this haha even the pics on here I can see where it is apllied so obvious and even drag like on some I see. I like a more natural look
pic#6 The color looked that on me. It works with her since she has red tones. I am bi-racial with tan skin and very dark brown hair. Not what I expected. I expected dark brown to be DARK brown not reddish brown.
pic #8 looks drag queenish this product is no unnatural
pic#10 looks like they were drawn on with a marker
This is for ppl that really like that drawn on eyebrow look

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2011 5:04:00 PM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

I've used this in the past and have used it lately. Honestly it's not the best or worst brow pencil out there. While it isn't waxy/thick like some can be, there's got to be better. My brows have a shape to them but it lacks thickness. There are spots that aren't covered with hair and there are also spots that won't grow hair. The shade I have this in is too light (light brown). When I use it it's very obvious my brows are filled in. The shade after that, medium brown, is too dark and once again it's very obvious my brows are filled. I wish there was an in between because I might actually like this product then.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2011 7:21:00 PM More reviews by Hothead

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

don't waste money on eye pencils which give you minimal wear and don't offer good colour matches.

these pencils wear like iron even in the hot humid summer -- no lost eyebrows for me anymore. No more lost money on $ 24 eyebrow pencils which don't really work well or powders that take a lot of work to make them look even (Yes, even Anastasia's). There are many colour selections and there is surely one for your haircolour.

great to fill in and define eyebrows without that pencilled in look .. even the little comb is perfect to give that very fine defined hairlike lines.. I love this product and I love the price !

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2011 5:17:00 PM More reviews by 5t3ph

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a great eyebrow pencil because the point is thin yet very sturdy-it has not broken on me yet and ive had it for quite a while. I have this in soft black and the color pay off is true to its name. I use this occasionally to fill in any small spots that my illamasqua eyebrow cake did not take care of. I also use it to extend the end of my brow if it needs it. For a drugstore product, it is comparable to high end brow pencils and the consistency produces a great effect on my brows. The colors available work very easily with other brow products on the market, so you can use this pencil with other brands for the brows that you desire.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/31/2011 5:18:00 PM More reviews by hip2Bsquare

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I really like this brow pencil. It's a great texture, not waxy at all, but very natural looking. I have medium-brown hair but bought a Dark Blonde/Light Brown pencil to avoid super dark brows. It is a very nice color that defines my brows without making them too intense. I also love that you don't have to sharpen it. I took off one lippie because it does not last all day on me--it feels like it only lasts a few hours. Other than that, it's a great product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2011 6:10:00 PM More reviews by rockangel04

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Well this is my very first eyebrow product to have ever purchased and I'm defenitely not disappointed. The packaging is super slim and the tip is super tiny so it was very easy to use. I could deal with or without the comb, I kind of wish it had a spoolie on the end. I have very blonde sunkissed hair and got this in the light shade, "light blonde" and its still a tad dark but I'd say it almost matches my brows. It wears well and it easy to use so I defenitely don't regret purchasing. I would prob buy again but may also explore some others. This is a good product, especially if you are trying it for the first time.