August 22, 2014 | 1266 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Mineralize Skin Finish Natural - Medium Plus

rated 1 of 5 on 10/28/2009 12:57:00 AM More reviews by michellecruz1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't know if i like this powder and i dont know why ppl keep talking about how amazing it is ive tried powders that are cheaper and better but I got it about a week ago because i heard it was a very good powder. I also heard that this could make you break out but i decided to get it anyway and see for myself. In my opinion it doesn't give a very good coverage and you have to put a lot on and it makes me face feel cakey. Also since ive been using it ive been breaking out and im not sure if this is to blame so im going to start using it more frequently and if i keep breaking out it is definitely going back to MAC. Ill update in a few weeks.
UPDATE. I ended up taking this back to MAC and exchanged it for something else. It make my skin break out, even my mom told me what was up with my skin and i totally agreed. I only used it 4 times and it already caused breakouts . Its a horrible product and expensive, i dont know why ppl like it so much.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2009 10:37:00 PM More reviews by cutiejunkie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use this for setting my foundation and it is amazingg. it gives me that smooth matte look without looking cakey. just make sure you blend well. and i have to say i'm very impressed. it didn't break me out like MAC pressed powders and the foundations. I put this on to go to school, and i have dance first period, and i sweat up ALOT in there. after dance i blot my face with a tissue and apply another thin layer of this and its amazingg. you dont' need to apply it after you blot, but for me i just feel like it. without applying is also good. still matte =]

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2009 2:54:00 PM More reviews by poprox

I use MSFN as my everyday powder over CG tinted moisturizer. I needed another option aside from MAC's Studio Fix powder plus foundation because it was drying my t-zone and I needed something lighter. I migrated towards this product seeing that it's "mineralized" it does contain bismuth, but I'm fine with that. The coverage is light, and I like that it doesn't make you look cakey. I'm not down with the whole "don't brush on my face with your white sweater cos you'll get my powder/foundation all over your shoulder" look. Anyway, I apply with my Ecotools retractable kabuki and buff away. NC40 for reference.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2009 7:55:00 AM More reviews by TheHybred

I used be in love with MAC Studio Fix pressed powder until I met this stuff. The satin finish is fabulous, and it does not turn cakey or too oily. I use it to set my MAC Studio Fix Liquid foundation and concealers. I wish it had a mirror and sponge/puff inside, just for convenience when at school/work. Coverage is not as full as I would have liked, but I will just use more concealer to make up for that. For my NC30/C3 face, Medium Plus is a perfect match.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2009 1:16:00 AM More reviews by channingto

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Black

I like this. It's very average, but there's nothing wrong with it. I put a Yes under repurchase just because it's a good stable product, but I'll definitely be looking in the drugstore department for another basic foundation powder, because that's just what this is.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/30/2009 12:29:00 AM More reviews by eriikax3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

this product reminds me of mac's blot powder and i must say that this product is convinient and it can travel. i recommend it for on the go and quick applying. it gives you a satin finish and makes your skin look flawless. ONLY IF... you apply an undercoat first.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2009 6:48:00 PM More reviews by cubana718

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just want to start of with saying I am a MAC fan. I love all things MAC. When I started wearing their products a couple of years ago I was searching for a foundation that would cover my red patches on my cheeks and wouldnt make me look pinkish. I also have dryness in the winter. That being said, MAC Mineralize Skinfinishes are by far the best products I have ever used. This specific powder has no traces of pink, it evens out my skintone. The red patches disappear, and there is no dryness from the powder. Unlike other mineral products, this is not powdery looking on the skin. Very silky and natural. Hence the name. I use this as a setting powder and alone for everyday use. It works great both ways. If you want something mineral, for every day, not heavy or messy, this is the product for you. I am an NC 30 in Mac Mineralize Satinfinis Foundation.

Grading:
I gave this a 5 because I love everything about it!

Price is 4 because its on the costly side for a face powder

Packaging is a 5 because its easy to spot, clear top, and its not too bulky.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2009 3:34:00 PM More reviews by calicatattack

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am NC40 and wear the MSF Natural in medium plus. I had my makeup done at MAC and the wonderful SA used Studuo Sculpt fdtn in NC 40 and finished with this MSF and it looked really nice. I use this powder with everything from TM to full cover cream foundations and makes everything look great. It gives a polished finish and blends in wonderfully. It gives more coverage than a finishing/transculent powder, but not heavy like a powder foundation. It doesn't sit on the skin and look dry and chalky. It gives a finish to my skin that makes everything blend together and look seamless. I can wear this over my TM and look fresh and healthy when I'm not in the mood to use my whole workday makeup routine (TM or moisturizer + primer + foundation + concealer + blush + etc). I have an active/physical job and spend much of my time outdoors. I can touch up with this powder and it never looks cakey or chalky. I haven't had any skin problems with it nor does it oxidize. The only gripe I have is that the compact doesn't come with a mirror. Otherwise, this is perfect. HG and will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2009 3:28:00 AM More reviews by pawleeny

GREAT product! I love how fresh it makes me look and the finish is wonderful. It's natural looking, non-cakey and lasts almost all day, I retouch maybe once a day? This is a definite recommendation!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2009 12:12:00 AM More reviews by Aponi710

I love love love this! I got it as a recommendation because I didn't think the price was great for a sheer powder, but WOW. I use it as a setting powder over Clinque Superfit, and the finish is absolutely lovely. I'm not very oily, but I do have some trouble with my T-zone. After about 6 hours or so blotting is probably a good idea, but it doesn't look horrible either. I apply it with a kabuki brush and buff it, and yeah I can't say enough good things about it. I'll repurchase again as soon as i'm out, defiantly a HG.