Mary Kay Mineral Powder Foundation

3.7

Talc , Zea Mays (Corn) Starch , Zinc Stearate , Dimethicone , Boron Nitride , Zeolite , Methylparaben , Sorbic Acid , Ethylene/Methacrylate Copolymer , Propylparaben , Tetrasodium EDTA , Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate , BHT , Iron Oxides , Mica

I LOVE Mary Kay products and I was very excited when I heard they were coming out with mineral foundation. I've been using BE because of the natural looking foundation, which is awesome. As soon as I could order Mary Kay's mineral foundation, I did. I purchased Ivory 2. I've been using the product for about a week and half and I'm not impressed. I have acne scars, and pimples from time to time, so I use my concealer brush to cover those areas before I apply the full coverage mineral foundation. Mary Kay does not provide the coverage that BE does. By the end of the day, it looks as if my face has no makeup on. Even my mom, who has a flawless face, is having the same problem. We plan to return our Mary Kay mineral foundation and stick to BE. BE is the leading brand in mineral foundation...now I see why!

Updated 2/16/09 - I've stopped using the Mary Kay mineral powder as, as I've discovered Bare Escentuals, which is a tad greasy, and Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Loose Powder by Physician's Formula, which is my FAVORITE.

My friend is a Mary Kay sales rep, and told me about the Mineral Powder Foundation. At first I was skeptical about this stuff, as I'm so used to liquid foundation. But, I LOVE the mineral powder! It looks so natural (I purchased Ivory 01), it's light weight, and it also saves time when putting my face on, as it eliminates the step of applying liquid foundation AND powder; you only need the mineral powder.

I also thought it wouldn't give complete coverage, but it sure does!

I've read other reviews about NEEDING to have the brush that comes with the powder, and I have to agree. It's a flat headed brush vs. the standard rounder head that you would apply blush with. But, once you've purchased the Mary Kay set ($28), you keep the brush, and then only need the powder ($18).

I've not tried the other brands of mineral powder, and probably won't, as I'm thrilled with Mary Kay.

Overall, I like this foundation. I am switching to this product from the Timewise dual coverage powder foundation that is being discontinued (I wear the most pale color in both). The coverage is a little lighter than the Timewise dual coverage, but with a little concealer underneath to cover up under eye circles and major pink spots, it works nicely. The texture and finish look good once it's on - nice matte finish that is even and not sparkly like some other mineral products I've tried.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I have been using the mary-kay medium coverage foundation in 808 but recently I found out that it has been breaking me out so I wanted to try the new mineral foundation in bronze 2. I really had great expectations for this product but it fell flat.

It did noting to cover my spots and acne scars infact it was like translucent powder. Maybe they dont make the foundation for darker skin. Dont touch this product unless your skin is 2000% clear.

I just tried this for the first time today. I usually wear BE Bare Minerals.
Pros: This foundation is a better match for my skin I am wearting the Fair2. Fair in BE is far to light, but the next color up is far to dark. I can mix the two but what a pain that is! So the color is nice. Also, compared to bare minerals, this product does not have the dewy look. So it looks a bit more natural, which is saying a lot. BE also has a problem with falling into fine lines. This doesn't seem to do that.
Cons: The coverage is lighter then BE.
Unknown: whether this will damage my skin. BE is great because it doesn't cause breakouts.

So far, I've used this product and it works nicely, but I have a question. Many of you are saying that you ended up with your face looking airbrushed and perfect. How do you get this result? Do you put concealer on before the foundation? Thanks!

This is a nice minral foundation. I wear this in Ivory 1. (I am a NC15) It comes with a brush that has a nice feel to it. It has nice natural coverage. I would repurchase. The foundation is $18, $28 with the brush.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I just got this from my consultant-I'm a NC20 and wear this in Ivory 2.It offers very natural looking coverage and doesn't settle into any fine lines.The brush it comes with is great; offers precise application and natural bristles (read:not scratchy).
The set including the brush retails for $28, and is .08 g in size.

LOVE THIS! I have tried 5 diffrent types of mineral foundations and this one worked the best. You have to use a foundation primer to make it work the best and when you do this take an eyeshadow brush and use it as a concealer first then apply the fundation, makes my skin look airbrushed. Goes on smooth and flawless and havent had any problems with breakouts or dryness.

I was really excited when I saw this in the new MK catalog. I had to have it! I have broken capp. on my face and by itself it didn't cover, but with concealer on my spots, then this, it did the job. I like it because it isn't shinny at all. I use MK med coverage in 204, and in this I use Ivory 2. I like the brush also. Even if I don't use this as a founation, I would definately use as a setting powder. I really like this stuff, and I have not broken out with it. I will update later about break outs.