Mary Kay Mineral Powder Foundation

3.7

Talc , Zea Mays (Corn) Starch , Zinc Stearate , Dimethicone , Boron Nitride , Zeolite , Methylparaben , Sorbic Acid , Ethylene/Methacrylate Copolymer , Propylparaben , Tetrasodium EDTA , Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate , BHT , Iron Oxides , Mica

on 1/5/2008 7:26:00 PM

I just tried this for the first time today. I usually wear BE Bare Minerals.
Pros: This foundation is a better match for my skin I am wearting the Fair2. Fair in BE is far to light, but the next color up is far to dark. I can mix the two but what a pain that is! So the color is nice. Also, compared to bare minerals, this product does not have the dewy look. So it looks a bit more natural, which is saying a lot. BE also has a problem with falling into fine lines. This doesn't seem to do that.
Cons: The coverage is lighter then BE.
Unknown: whether this will damage my skin. BE is great because it doesn't cause breakouts.

on 1/2/2008 12:45:00 PM

So far, I've used this product and it works nicely, but I have a question. Many of you are saying that you ended up with your face looking airbrushed and perfect. How do you get this result? Do you put concealer on before the foundation? Thanks!

on 12/31/2007 12:27:00 PM

This is a nice minral foundation. I wear this in Ivory 1. (I am a NC15) It comes with a brush that has a nice feel to it. It has nice natural coverage. I would repurchase. The foundation is $18, $28 with the brush.

on 12/31/2007 2:09:00 AM

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I just got this from my consultant-I'm a NC20 and wear this in Ivory 2.It offers very natural looking coverage and doesn't settle into any fine lines.The brush it comes with is great; offers precise application and natural bristles (read:not scratchy).
The set including the brush retails for $28, and is .08 g in size.

LOVE THIS! I have tried 5 diffrent types of mineral foundations and this one worked the best. You have to use a foundation primer to make it work the best and when you do this take an eyeshadow brush and use it as a concealer first then apply the fundation, makes my skin look airbrushed. Goes on smooth and flawless and havent had any problems with breakouts or dryness.

on 12/28/2007 5:52:00 PM

I was really excited when I saw this in the new MK catalog. I had to have it! I have broken capp. on my face and by itself it didn't cover, but with concealer on my spots, then this, it did the job. I like it because it isn't shinny at all. I use MK med coverage in 204, and in this I use Ivory 2. I like the brush also. Even if I don't use this as a founation, I would definately use as a setting powder. I really like this stuff, and I have not broken out with it. I will update later about break outs.

on 12/28/2007 9:12:00 AM

I don't think I can add much to the previous review for this mineral foundation. She pretty much "Hit the nail on the head" with the info she provided. I will say that I am a MK consultant, however I don't "love" all MK products. This one is a winner though. I prefer a somewhat sheer coverage which this provides nicely. The coverage is supposed to be buildable for those who prefer more though, so the option is there. I am very fair and have had trouble finding foundation shades. I am using Ivory1 and it seems to blend in just perfectly for my pasty, white skin.

on 12/27/2007 5:44:00 PM

First of All:

Ingredients:

I know alot of people won't even try this beacause of the ingredients. Talc does not bother my skin at all. I really like this foundation and it is not my first try with minerals. I have tried many: BE-Too Shiny, JI-Too Cakey & Itchy, Sheer Cover-Too Dry Feeling, LM-Too Muddy,Loreal-Too Heavy, Neutrogena-Too Sheer. This is just right.

The price is right too. Only $18.00. The brush is nice too for $10.00. I like it just as well as my JI handi brush for $35.00.

I wore the Sand in LM and I have this in Beige 1.