October 25, 2014 | 1330 users online

Lip Gloss - L'Oreal - Infallible Lip Gloss

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2008 10:44:00 PM More reviews by eileenbrennan1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Definitely worth the money! I have had it on for 4 plus hours tonight. Kissed my kids, several times. Didn't come off. Drank a soda, didn't come off. Looks great! yes, it's a little tacky at first. Come on! It has to stick to your lips so that it "sticks" to your lips!

Well worth the money. An over-the-counter lip gloss that cannot be beat!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2008 1:12:00 AM More reviews by Liquidbubble03

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Other, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Black

I had checked out the reviews and cuz i'm a lipgloss Junkie i bought two at full price. Ouch ouch i know! but upon reading the reviews i find i agree. It does have a "carmex"-y smell, and can be sticky, but i have had worst. Re iterating a tip from a previous reviewer... put it on, don't rub let it set and the tackiness dies greatly. Would i buy it again for sure hopfully next time it would be in BOGO

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2008 10:03:00 AM More reviews by Gabriel679

I bought this in Suede and Truffle, love them both. Suede is a nice nude gloss and Truffle is sort of a neutral rosy brown, but both are very sheer. I think they stay on for 3 hours, rather than 6, but that's longer than most glosses so that doesn't bother me.

I find them to be a bit drying so I use balm before applying, which probably has something to do with their staying power. The applicator took some getting used to, but it works well.

All in all, a good gloss. I'd repurchase but only if theres a BOGO going on, as I think an average regular price of $8 is a stretch for this product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2008 7:43:00 AM More reviews by chiodokeller

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought #705 - Sangria. I've been using it for about a week now. It does not seem to have much depth of color in the product, hence, it does not show up well on my lips. To fix this problem I am using a colored lipliner on my lips before applying the gloss. When I do this it seems to give much more color to my lips. The gloss is a little sticky on my lips, but not much of a problem. All in all, a good product. I will repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/23/2008 9:43:00 AM More reviews by ctall119

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I found this lipgloss to be very similar in stickiness to MAC's lipglass; however, I do feel that the hard-to-get-over feeling of tackiness is much less with this gloss than I found it to be with Lipglass. The gloss stays put for an average of 120 minutes and I did not find it to pill or bead. Also, after the gloss sets in to the lips, I didnt find it sticking to my hair, or anything else that would be more bothersome then pleasant!The matte-ness of the gloss (what is left AFTER the gloss leaves) stays put for another couple of hours. No complaints here. The colors are pretty, just not as true as the color in the tube (however, it IS a GLOSS...not a LIPSTICK!). I will definately repurchase!

At a later date, I removed 1 lip:
MAJOR NEGATIVE - once the gloss wears off, the tackiness of what remains is next to IMPOSSIBLE to remove. It doesnt wipe off and sticks (like glue) to anything it comes in contact with. This is OK for work...when you dont want to worry about reapplying lip products...but not so nice to put on thinking there will be no need to reapply for a night out on the town.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/21/2008 2:11:00 AM More reviews by haaaaey

I love this product. I am not a lip person, I often forget my lips when doing my makeup and I definitely forget to touch up. That's where this is great. I enjoy the way it looks so much that I almost never forget it, and then it lasts so long that I don't even have to think about it. The only thing is that I wish it were a little bit more pigmented, but hey, it's a gloss, it does it's job!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/17/2008 10:42:00 AM More reviews by Lil_Mamma_001

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

--Application: It has a wand applicator with a tear-drop shaped sponge at the end. The sponge has a small hole in it to allow more product to apply. Once you put it on, it feels like most lip gloss (where you can rub your lips together well. After a few min, when you try to rub your lips together the gloss feels like it has become more firm b/c your lips don't glide as well when you rub them together. It puts on a shiny gloss with shimmer. About 3 hours later the shiny-ness of the actual (liquid) gloss has left and the shimmer/glitter particles remain on your lips, and it sort of look like you have gloss on but up close it looks like shimmer/glitter.

--Lasting power: I am a huge LGL (Lip Gloss Licker...lol) I can not keep lip gloss on for no time, especially if it smells and tastes good. I just feel something on my lips and I lick (sometimes even without knowing). For some reason I can keep this on longer. But it definitely does not last 6 hours. I would say w/o eating or drinking it lasts 3 hours. So I'd apply ever 2.5 - 3 hours. But that's still a longer wear then any regular lip gloss. It also doesn't "bead" up. It may when you eat (but I'm not sure), but just by licking your lips it doesn't bead up.

--Smell: I am not sure why everyone talks about the smell (I guess some people's noses are more sensitive the others), it doesn't smell as bad to me as it seems like some of the previous reviews. It has a slight menthol smell but more sweet. Not too strong/overpowering and it the smell doesn't last.

--It is definitely worth a try. But they need to come down on the price, I believe it was $7.99. Maybe try CVS/Walgreens when they have BOGO sales. They also have a beautiful range of colors. But I noticed that most of them have shimmer/glitter particles in them.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2008 4:26:00 PM More reviews by duncan123

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Yes, I would buy this again and already have. I prefer this gloss to Revlon's because it doesn't seem as sticky to me, although I see that other's don't agree. However, lip gloss is sticky...I haven't found many that aren't. I would have given this 5 lippies but there is NO way that this stuff lasts 6 hours. None...even if you don't drink or eat, this stuff will wear away within 2 hours. I have the color "Fiery" and two others that the names escape me now. They are all very pretty. A gloss is not like a lipstick...you don't expect major color. I prefer glosses in the spring/summer because it's a more natural, less heavy look. The applicator is very unique. There is a small hole in it that I guess catches the gloss so you don't have to keep dipping it into the tube. It's a doe foot, very soft/flexible applicator and this makes it very easy to apply evenly and easily hit the cupids bow on the top upper lip. The scent reminds me of vanilla, but it's not strong at all and is totally gone within a minute of applying. I do think there is a little bit of gold glitter in every one of these, but it's not very apparent at all and adds to the shine and prettiness. I definately would give this a shot, especially when there are coupons in the paper and/or Walgreens or CVS have a sale (which is very, very often). I'll buy again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2008 3:27:00 PM More reviews by tabloid

I like this a lot! I'm a big fan of lipgloss, but most of them have absolutely no staying power, so this is just what I was looking for. I don't even mind the stickiness. The reason I took off one lippie is because the color you get on your lips is much lighter than the one you see in the tube - I bought Blush, which looks like a medium pink but is actually a pale pink.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2008 11:10:00 AM More reviews by allred

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really am hooked on this lipgloss. It doesn't look the same after 6 hours of course, but it actually still looks good. I don't need to reapply it for at least a good 4 hours, and the stickiness wears off a lot, and the colors are beautiful. (I have Modern Mauve and Truffle.) All my other glosses and lipsticks are being neglected because this is so easy and so pretty and soft looking. I'll probably never go back to long-wearing lipstick or gloss.