September 18, 2014 | 1322 users online

Moisturizers - Josie Maran Cosmetics - Argan oil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2012 10:35:00 PM More reviews by rsrs

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have tried many pure argan oils on my face and this is the only one that does not brake me out.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 9/7/2012 6:15:00 PM More reviews by joyfirend

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

i am super allergic to this oil. broke me out in a red inflamed rash. ladies with sensitive skin beware.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2012 6:12:00 PM More reviews by jadebella11

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

such a nice oil for your face!!! I have dry skin and its hard for me to find a hydrating moisterizer. I dont mind if it looks oily or greasy because trust me my skin needs all the moisture it can get! This product did not break me out. I apply it at night and when i wake up my skin feels soft! I ran out and was using Lancome absolute. Its a nice moisterizer but I def prefer Josie maran argan oil for bedtime. It just makes the texture of your skin soo much nicer! Highly recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2012 8:13:00 PM More reviews by Christy1745

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I got this as a sample at Sephora and I'm ready to buy the full bottle. It absorbs quickly and makes my skin feel baby-soft. It gives me a glow that I haven't experienced with other oils I've tried, and with my oily, sensitive, acne-prone skin, IT DOESN'T BREAK ME OUT! I absolutely love it!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 8/31/2012 6:12:00 PM More reviews by stellay

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I'd give this 3.5 stars if I could. I have just recently started using a second bottle of this product after not using it for over a year as my first time experience with it was mediocre. I think the key to this product's efficacy, at least on my skin, is to use less; 2-4 small drops of this product are all I need for my entire face and neck area. Before, I would use that same amount for only my face, which didn't sink into my skin very well and thus seemed to sit on top of my skin. Now that I use less, I do see more of a healthy, natural glow to my skin soon after the product's absorbed into my skin and the morning after. I also like this to de-frizz and lightly moisturize my hair; I use roughly 2 small drops and work the product mainly into my tips and front scalp area. I have not had any irritation whatsoever using this on my eyes or anywhere else. I wouldn't go so far as to say this product is a miracle worker, but it's actually quite good once you know how much your skin needs.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/25/2012 1:18:00 AM More reviews by Gossers

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

As my skin is pretty low maintenance, this oil didn't break me out. However, it didn't perform any miracles either and I see no difference between it and other oils. I use it after the shower and I love that it's all natural, scentless and comes with a dropper (my bottle of NOW sweet almond oil leaves a ring of oil everywhere).

The price is steeper than other oils, but I can't hate it on it too much since I only use 3-4 drops at a time. My $15 0.5oz bottle has lasted me over 6 months and I still have 1/4 of the bottle left.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2012 1:54:00 PM More reviews by erin09

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This stuff is amazing. I got a sample bottle of it from Sephora and then went on to buy a full sized one. I do not use it on my face, as my skin is already combo/oily but it works MIRACLES on my dry, frizzy, wavy hair. 5 drops of oil plus some scrunching to the ends of my hair leaves my hair with perfect beachy waves after air drying. Brought my hair routine time of 30 - 40 minutes down to about 5 minutes.

I also use it to moisturize cuticles and dry patches of skin. The nice thing about this oil is that is not greasy and is absorbed very fast. The price is a bit high to give one drop to each finer and toe, but for 5 drops to my hair every other day it is worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2012 3:41:00 PM More reviews by Masia927

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

First off, I can't use this. It clogged me up. Not terribly but just enough to where I couldn't justify keeping it in my routine. But boy do I wish I could have. This stuff is wonderful. I tried it the following two ways, both of which were great for my skin:

1. Mixed in with my moisturizer.
This method made my skin soooo soft. Baby butt soft. It did make it a little shiny but not too bad. Best of all this stuff really helped with fine lines. I have 3 fairly deep horizontal lines across my forehead that I've had since I was at least 12 (thanks genetics). After two weeks of using this I could baaaaarely make out one of them. This smoothed them better than anything else I've ever used, including retin-a and peels. I couldn't believe it. This reason alone is why I put up with the ensuing clogs for so long.

2. Patted onto dry skin after cleansing but before using any other products.
This didn't do as much for wrinkles or softness but it did do an incredible job of normalizing my skin. Typically my sensitive combo skin is oily but also with flaky/dry patches, especially around my mouth and chin. This method balanced me out so that I didn't have any dry patches but I wasn't oily either. I was amazed. After letting it sink in for about 15-20 minutes I would put on my other stuff (prescription acne meds and then moisturizer). This method seemed to clog me less than the first one but it was still just ever so slightly too much for me to keep using it. A few days later I stopped using it and my clogs cleared up : (

I couldn't justify (or afford) the 60 or whatever dollars that Sephora wanted for this so I bought the small travel size for $14. I used this for two months (I used about 5-6 drops each time) and barely used half of the bottle so I think it's well worth the price. I don't like the idea of having an oil around too long anyway, no matter what the expiration date says. I've been adding it into my lotion now and it makes my body so soft as well. Of course it gave me some acne on my back though, so I usually just put it on my legs after I shave. I also use it in my hair which makes it shiny and soft. A tiny drop does wonders for my lips as well. I encourage you to try it! Even if it doesn't work for your face it has so many other great uses. Definitely a must if you're not acne prone.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2012 5:14:00 PM More reviews by Jiyapiya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love this stuff. My skin is sensitive, with occasional zits here and there. I put this on everynight and sometimes during the day too ...my skin is glowing.

Pros: light/fast absorbing, no smell, see results within the first few days of using. Great moisturizer, evens out skin tone.
Cons: really expensive if you want to a buy larger bottle.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2012 8:08:00 AM More reviews by stylesnburberry

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got this product on a 500 point gift at Sephora.So I only got .5 ounce, half of it I used on my face and the other half so far I've used on my hair (most recently with amazing results). I have an oily face and this moisturizer was way to greasy for my face. It literally slided on my face and just made it oilier. Maybe in the winter it will do better. Anyways on on my colored damaged hair, it performed nothing short of a miracle!!!!!! BY FAR THE BEST THING I"VE PUT ON MY HAIR!!! From morrocan oil, macademia natural oil,to Shishido hair products this has been the best product I've stumbled upon. I know I sound dramatic but I put it on my hair after I finished straightening it and it was the perfect touch. It gave it beautiful shine, and somehow controlled frizziness. Five days later my hair still looks the same. I'm saving the rest of the bottle for my hair....