Josie Maran Cosmetics 100% Pure Argan Oil

3.8

100% pure organic Argan Oil

on 1/8/2013 4:00:00 PM

I went to Sephora with dry, flaky irritated skin on my chin and spoke with their esthetician. She recommended that I use this moisturizer day and night. It has dramatically helped with the dryness, irritation and my breakouts. It has even done a good job with minimize redness. I really like using natural products on my skin and I will buy this again! I really don't like the price, but you honestly pay for what you get. I bought the travel size for $14.95 to make sure I liked it and a little does go a long ways.

on 1/7/2013 12:40:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Just returned the oil today.. I agree it's way expensive for what you get..... better off just using plain johoba oil or even grapeseed oil out of the bottle.it's the same idea for $$$$ less.

on 1/4/2013 6:43:00 PM

I've been a fan of "oil on oil" for years now, despite my oily, breakout-prone skin. If my skin isn't balanced, I break out (whether too dry or too oily) and argan oil is absolutely amazing. The dry winter air combined with the 7000 ft elevation renders my skin a tight, dry-but-oily-in-spots, mess and this balances my otherwise unhappy skin in the most wonderful way.
This oil is lightweight, absorbs quickly, and leaves skin moisturized but not oily in the least. I took one lippie off because of the price (a little ridiculous to have 100% argan oil priced so high), but the healing and balancing properties of this oil are hands-down above any other oil I've tried. For me, argan oil is best experienced in its pure form like this. A little goes a long way, and I only need 3-4 drops for my entire face, so even my small 0.5 oz should be sufficient for the next few months.

on 1/4/2013 4:34:00 PM

I love this product. I have been looking high and low for a natural, vegan product which does not test on animals and this is it. I have litterally tried everything including using just straight up jojoba oil on my skin. I am generally acne prone ever since starting University and endouring a huge amoutn of stress. I break out on my chin and forehead mostly and it is horrible. I figured I was over doing products on my face using everything including Biotherm, Claudalie, Fresh, Vichy, Clinique, Korres, Boscia, Purity, there are more but I'll spare you the details of my horrible last 5 years of hell. I decided to go back to basics and used organic face soap and jojoba oil, it still didn't work. So I re-tried Josie Maran. Yes I used to use her products many years ago (probably about 6-7 years ago) for only about 6 months. I wasn't a fan then because I foudn the argan oil a bit sticky and couldn't get used to the texture. It may be that I have changed or it may be that the product has changed, but I'm seriously in love with it now!!!!
My acne is completely gone (after using the argan oil and argan cleansing oil for about 2 months), I am glowing and my husband tells me everyday (litterally) that he has never seen my skin look so amazing! It took a while to get used to the texture and I think overtime using it your skin gets used to it because now it doesn't feel sticky at all and is extremely light weight. I never feel like I have anything on my face, and it's natural, organic, paraben, and vegan free to boot!!
Did I say I love this product beause I seriously do!!

on 12/30/2012 11:47:00 PM

I can't say Argan oil is amazing and superior to other oils (safflower, olive, coconut, etc) but this one is light, has NO SCENT and tames flyaway and static-y hair with the tiniest amount. Great bottle with the dropper makes it easy to control. After I bought it I learned it's in the family of nut oils, though, and that could be a problem for allergic people. I don't use nut oils as a rule, so I just use a couple drops for my hair ends, and it makes my hair feel like silk. Definitely pricey for the small amount, though, so I wouldn't buy it again.

on 12/29/2012 12:36:00 AM

I love this product as a night moisturizer. I initially got the small 0.5oz bottle to try it out after hearing all the rave about it. I have just ordered the full size bottle. Usually 6 drops are good for my entire face and neck. The trick is to really massage it in and allow time for your skin to fully absorb it. So this would not work for people who likes quick morning routines. Its working great for me during the cold winter months. I would definitely buy this again.

on 12/23/2012 8:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I got a mini of this in Sephora and liked it, but didn't love it. It's an oil but wasn't greasy, which surprised me, although I read reviews before I bought it. It's great for under foundation as a primer. However, I found that my skin got used to it quickly and seemed like it didn't work as well over time so I use it sporadically now, mainly when I feel I need extra hydration.

on 12/18/2012 5:09:00 AM

This quickly became my HG moisturizer when I started with it six months ago and still is. My skin is super finicky -- oily, but with dry patches and very, very prone to acne. I have tried so many high quality and expensive moisturizers and this leaves them all in the dust. I love that it is so naturally moisturizing.

Upon application, it is tacky for a few moments (it's an oil, after all), but soaks in nicely in just a few moments. My tinted moisturizer and foundation looks great on top of this.

The packaging is adorable and sanitary. Love the glass bottle and glass dropper.

I hope they never stop making this product.

on 12/14/2012 10:43:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Unfortunately did nothing for my dry skin plus broke me out : /

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I've tried other argan oil products. I've learned to always check where Argan oil is listed in a product that I'm purchasing, whether it's listed as organic or pure, also. Josie Maran Argan Oil is 100% pure organic argan oil, is cruelty-free and comes from fair trade, helping women in other countries. That's important to me. The product comes in a brown bottle so it's protected somewhat by a darker color. It's not that dark where you can't see how much is in the bottle though. The oil isn't thick at all, and you have to be somewhat careful when you use the dropper or you waste oil. A few drops do go a long way. I've used various oils and I've used hers separately, also. Using it on its own, it's nice for moisturizing not only your skin, but your hair, too. It's lighter in consistency than you would imagine. But I've also mixed it with a combination of Vitamin E, primrose oil and sweet almond oil, then applied it very sparingly at night. I mix equal amounts of these into those little containers that you get samples from at cosmetic stores. I much prefer it as a night-time treatment and would definitely repurchase Josie Maran Argan Oil.