December 20, 2014 | 1339 users online

Moisturizers - Josie Maran Cosmetics - 100% Pure Argan Oil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2012 7:33:00 PM More reviews by PeggyA

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got a small size of this at Sephora for $14. I used it faithfully on my face, in my hair, a little bit on my arms and legs but after two months I have to admit that I don't find this oil a bit moisturizing. My hair is fine and very curly, this did not do anything to make it softer, did not stop frizz, etc. Argan oil is nice in that it doesn't sit on top of your skin, it is absorbed quicker than a lot of other oils. But in the end I don't think it accomplishes anything it says it is going to. I also find Josie Maran's prices to be so expensive as to be ridiculous. If you like argan oil and find it works for you, it can be purchased (organic, unscented) from vendors on Amazon for a fraction of the cost of this brand.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/5/2012 9:31:00 PM More reviews by Australianforbeerk2k3

I got a deluxe sample of this from sephora a few months ago, and I'm only half way through. I use it every night before I go to bed and it is amazing. My skin is so moisturized and much smoother. I have acne prone sensitive skin, and this didn't break me out at all. It actually seems to have helped my acne. My skin is much more even, and I notice fine lines are diminished under my eyes. I have also used this on the ends of my hair, as well as on cuts...I find it reduces redness and promotes healing very well. I highly recommend this product, and when my sample runs out I will definitely be buying more! I love it and have noticed a huge change!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2012 6:10:00 PM More reviews by 88angels

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

i bought this for the treatment qualities as opposed to any moisturizing qualities. It can actually be drying which is surprising. Have you ever noticed when a wound is healing it can get slightly dry and itchy? This is what I found at first with this oil. since it definitely did not feel like an allergic reaction (not inflammed or red, just a bit itchy/dry). so I thought it very possible that the oil was treating/healing my "wounded" skin and decided to keep using it. I didn't care for the itches but wanted to continue with the treatment, so I added a few drops to EMU oil and WOW!!! that combo is miraculous. my skin looks and feel 10 years younger!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2012 10:06:00 PM More reviews by flamingoyo

I have normal to dry skin and I've been looking for an alternative way to moisturize without using any creams. I bought this because I've heard such great things about argan oil. This oil works beautifully! I apply it in the evening before bed and wake up to gorgeous skin, so much so that I forgo my BB cream and just apply a bit of blush. It keeps my skin amazingly moisturized without making it look oily and I love that it's way more natural than most moisturizing creams. The bottle is great too. I bought the smaller version at Sephora, as 50 bucks seemed a little much for a bigger bottle but I'm sure it will still last me a while, as 3 drops suffice. I've used this in the morning as well, as Canadian winters can be pretty harsh and it works just as well, only I'd recommend applying it a good 10-15 minutes before makeup application (unless you use a scant drop), so that it has time to fully penetrate.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2012 12:11:00 PM More reviews by karen222vt

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Just switched by skin care to the Josie Maran 4 piece set. You was with a cleansing oil followed by argan oil then with the tinted moisturizer and the color stick which you use as a lipstick and blush. I purched this on QVC and got a great deal. I just love the way my skin looks and feels.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2012 11:42:00 AM More reviews by littlemj

NC25 Chinese, acne / oily skin.

I know this is insane, and I can't find a good reason why...but I am applying the JM oil this past week (no other moisturizer) and getting dry, scaley patches on my cheeks and T-zone. An oil that is drying me out? Huh.

I'm reading to mix w/ moisturizer, which may be the next step. But in general, I was trying to avoid moisturizers to see if that was clogging my pores.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/23/2012 11:27:00 PM More reviews by Funbeans

SERIOUSLY!?!?! Who wants to pay FIFTY DOLLARS for a 1.8 oz bottle of argan oil??? Sure, it moisturizes hair well, but it is NOT worth the price. It's just argan oil, I think I'll stick to the cheaper drugstore brands.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/22/2012 8:52:00 PM More reviews by gsl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

so my skin is pretty normal, but here in Chicago once it gets cold, my skin gets super dry. I saw this product on QVC so i decided to go to sephora the next day and try it out. i use about 4 drops on my face, one on each cheek, one on my forehead and and one for my jaw and under nose. this makes my skin so soft! by the way i only use this at night and by the time i wake up my skin is still soft enough so i dont need to moisturize in the AM. awesome product just a bit expensive..

EDIT: This thing sucks. It worked for the first few days and then my skin started flaking. Great, 14 dollars down the drain...

rated 1 of 5 on 10/22/2012 4:51:00 AM More reviews by sleaf

I have pretty sensitive combination skin. Within a week, this actually dried out my cheeks even more, leaving awful flaky patches and my friends asking what was happening with my face. Luckily I hadn't spent any money as I got the little half ounce bottle as a present. Moral of this story: try before you buy!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/18/2012 7:42:00 PM More reviews by hpdcoke

I really do like this product. It helped me alot with my acne. The cleanser that I have been using dried out my face like crazy so I put this on as a night time moisturizer. At first, I was very skeptical when the salesperson at Sephora told me that oil would help me with my acne, but I trusted her and bought it. It worked out really well for me. It moisturizes my face while keeping my acne under control. I would buy this product again just because I'm scared that if I try anything else, my acne would come back.