August 30, 2014 | 1642 users online

Moisturizers - Josie Maran Cosmetics - Argan oil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 8/31/2012 6:12:00 PM More reviews by stellay

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I'd give this 3.5 stars if I could. I have just recently started using a second bottle of this product after not using it for over a year as my first time experience with it was mediocre. I think the key to this product's efficacy, at least on my skin, is to use less; 2-4 small drops of this product are all I need for my entire face and neck area. Before, I would use that same amount for only my face, which didn't sink into my skin very well and thus seemed to sit on top of my skin. Now that I use less, I do see more of a healthy, natural glow to my skin soon after the product's absorbed into my skin and the morning after. I also like this to de-frizz and lightly moisturize my hair; I use roughly 2 small drops and work the product mainly into my tips and front scalp area. I have not had any irritation whatsoever using this on my eyes or anywhere else. I wouldn't go so far as to say this product is a miracle worker, but it's actually quite good once you know how much your skin needs.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/25/2012 1:18:00 AM More reviews by Gossers

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

As my skin is pretty low maintenance, this oil didn't break me out. However, it didn't perform any miracles either and I see no difference between it and other oils. I use it after the shower and I love that it's all natural, scentless and comes with a dropper (my bottle of NOW sweet almond oil leaves a ring of oil everywhere).

The price is steeper than other oils, but I can't hate it on it too much since I only use 3-4 drops at a time. My $15 0.5oz bottle has lasted me over 6 months and I still have 1/4 of the bottle left.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2012 1:54:00 PM More reviews by erin09

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This stuff is amazing. I got a sample bottle of it from Sephora and then went on to buy a full sized one. I do not use it on my face, as my skin is already combo/oily but it works MIRACLES on my dry, frizzy, wavy hair. 5 drops of oil plus some scrunching to the ends of my hair leaves my hair with perfect beachy waves after air drying. Brought my hair routine time of 30 - 40 minutes down to about 5 minutes.

I also use it to moisturize cuticles and dry patches of skin. The nice thing about this oil is that is not greasy and is absorbed very fast. The price is a bit high to give one drop to each finer and toe, but for 5 drops to my hair every other day it is worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2012 3:41:00 PM More reviews by Masia927

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

First off, I can't use this. It clogged me up. Not terribly but just enough to where I couldn't justify keeping it in my routine. But boy do I wish I could have. This stuff is wonderful. I tried it the following two ways, both of which were great for my skin:

1. Mixed in with my moisturizer.
This method made my skin soooo soft. Baby butt soft. It did make it a little shiny but not too bad. Best of all this stuff really helped with fine lines. I have 3 fairly deep horizontal lines across my forehead that I've had since I was at least 12 (thanks genetics). After two weeks of using this I could baaaaarely make out one of them. This smoothed them better than anything else I've ever used, including retin-a and peels. I couldn't believe it. This reason alone is why I put up with the ensuing clogs for so long.

2. Patted onto dry skin after cleansing but before using any other products.
This didn't do as much for wrinkles or softness but it did do an incredible job of normalizing my skin. Typically my sensitive combo skin is oily but also with flaky/dry patches, especially around my mouth and chin. This method balanced me out so that I didn't have any dry patches but I wasn't oily either. I was amazed. After letting it sink in for about 15-20 minutes I would put on my other stuff (prescription acne meds and then moisturizer). This method seemed to clog me less than the first one but it was still just ever so slightly too much for me to keep using it. A few days later I stopped using it and my clogs cleared up : (

I couldn't justify (or afford) the 60 or whatever dollars that Sephora wanted for this so I bought the small travel size for $14. I used this for two months (I used about 5-6 drops each time) and barely used half of the bottle so I think it's well worth the price. I don't like the idea of having an oil around too long anyway, no matter what the expiration date says. I've been adding it into my lotion now and it makes my body so soft as well. Of course it gave me some acne on my back though, so I usually just put it on my legs after I shave. I also use it in my hair which makes it shiny and soft. A tiny drop does wonders for my lips as well. I encourage you to try it! Even if it doesn't work for your face it has so many other great uses. Definitely a must if you're not acne prone.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2012 5:14:00 PM More reviews by Jiyapiya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love this stuff. My skin is sensitive, with occasional zits here and there. I put this on everynight and sometimes during the day too ...my skin is glowing.

Pros: light/fast absorbing, no smell, see results within the first few days of using. Great moisturizer, evens out skin tone.
Cons: really expensive if you want to a buy larger bottle.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2012 8:08:00 AM More reviews by stylesnburberry

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got this product on a 500 point gift at Sephora.So I only got .5 ounce, half of it I used on my face and the other half so far I've used on my hair (most recently with amazing results). I have an oily face and this moisturizer was way to greasy for my face. It literally slided on my face and just made it oilier. Maybe in the winter it will do better. Anyways on on my colored damaged hair, it performed nothing short of a miracle!!!!!! BY FAR THE BEST THING I"VE PUT ON MY HAIR!!! From morrocan oil, macademia natural oil,to Shishido hair products this has been the best product I've stumbled upon. I know I sound dramatic but I put it on my hair after I finished straightening it and it was the perfect touch. It gave it beautiful shine, and somehow controlled frizziness. Five days later my hair still looks the same. I'm saving the rest of the bottle for my hair....

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2012 4:17:00 PM More reviews by ErinOgletree

For some background, I have combination skin that leans oily in the summer. I've never had acne but struggle with blackheads and clogged pores in my Tzone
This was the first oil that is specifically designed for the face I ever tried. In the past I have used vitamin E oil at night over particularly dry spots. I've always loved oil based moisturizers because I feel like oil free ones are superficial solutiuons that make dryness worse. I had been interested in using oils but never knew the benefits of using ones actually designed for the face(i.e.. not sticky/greasy) I started using the Josie Maran oil mostly because it was fairly accessible at Sephora and I could buy the smallest size at only $14.
There was an immediate difference in my skin from the first night I used it. It might should corny or dramatic but I had a sort of skin care epiphany. I've never been so pleased with a product or the effect it has had on my skin. I now use this as my exclusive moisturizer- liberally at night and very sparingly in the morning if i feel the need. My skin looks great! It's glowing but not oily and occasional spots occur way less often. A week after i started using it I didn't wear any base except for LM trans. powder and got so many complements. My pores are becoming smaller and tighter. What can I say, I adore this product!
Now that I am officially obsessed with facial oils I will be trying other brands to see how they compare.(Clarins is next on the list) This is a great one for anyone to start with because it's simple, has one ingredient and you can just pop into Sephora to pick it up or order it online.
I have a feeling the price is highly inflated but I haven't had a chance to research which cheaper independent brands are reliable yet.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2012 11:56:00 AM More reviews by katmendez

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i've tested a full bottle of JM 100% organic argan oil on my facial skin. below are my pros and cons:

PROS:

- SINGLE INGREDIENT. no harmful chemicals. no fancy formulas. pure. unadulterated.

- LIGHTWEIGHT. can be layered on for dry patches of skin or during winter months OR diluted with a few drops on water for oily patches. light and quickly absorbed.

- ACNE AID. keeps blemishes away by regulating sebum production. especially good for oily/acneic skin.

- GLOW. sinks in quickly and leaves healthy glow.

- FIGHTS HYPERPIGMENTATION. reduced my acne scars with twice-daily use over several months.

- SANITARY. love the dropper, love the glass bottle.

CONS:

- EXPENSIVE. i have moroccan friends who tell me you can get argan oil at ethnic stores for a lot less. harder to find organic though.

- NOT TRAVEL-PROOF. bottle leaks if not perfectly upright. can't take to gym or on travel.

BONUS: argan oil is excellent to soften cuticles and repair dry/damaged hair!

Argan oil used to be my HG oil, but now I prefer sea buckthorn oil. Check it out!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/10/2012 4:34:00 PM More reviews by sgilber

I avoided aragan oil for a long time simply because I thought it would be one of those over hyped products that doesn't do anything for me. I actually quite like this oil! I am sure it is way over priced but I llike that it is straight up organic aragan oil... no random preservatives or other oils with aragan listed LAST in the ingredients list. I have tried using this in several ways but what I seem to stick with is using it as an eye serum and for my hair. I only bought the small bottle back in Feb. and it is still 3\4ths full with regular use. A couple times a week I replace my eye cream at night with a drop or 2 of this. I will also pat what is leftover onto my cheeks and forehead but avoid my chin as it tends to get oily already and is breakout prone. It does take a while to soak in but feels nice and soothing. I don't find that I am oily in the morning so I know it eventually soaks in which is reassuring! I enjoy that this does not have a scent, natural or otherwise. I do not have very bad wrinkles so I cannot attest to it fixing them but I have found my eyes being less red and puffy after using this and am trying it as a preventative method for crows feet. For my hair I add it to a heat protectant serum or lotion only before I blowdry my hair, as it is supposed to be heat activated in that sense. I use 2 drops and a quaarter of the serum I normally would, blowdry half way then let my hair air dry. My pin straight fine hair is left shiny, voluminous and smooth. Considering how long this has lasted me and the different ways I use it, I will most likely repurchase when I finally run out and think it is worth a shot for anyone on the fence!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2012 3:31:00 AM More reviews by GucciDiva

The price on this is waaaaaaaay overinflated, you can get the same thing for much cheaper.

I am reviewing this because this is the first argan oil I have used. I use it as a hair conditioner. I have lots of straight, fine hair that is easily weighed down. Many conditioners just sit on my hair and weigh it down. Not this. I put 3 drops on my hair at night, then in the morning after shampooing (with no conditioner), I add a drop throughout my hair. This leaves my hair extremely soft & shiny, but it doesn't weight it down at all and leaves volume.