April 17, 2014 | 1472 users online

Moisturizers - Clinique - Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 1 of 5 on 1/6/2007 5:29:00 PM More reviews by yofrickinmama

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

absolutely hate it. even after application, my skin is left feeling dry, tight, and flakes are visible on my face. definitely would not repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/5/2007 12:27:00 AM More reviews by seemapal82

Boring lotion - another tactic for you to buy it if they say it's part of a "3-step system". And it HAS to be this very lotion or else your skin will be crappy as the counter girls tell you. They tell you to use this lotion even if you have oily skin AND already use an anti-aging cream just to layer up your face. I've never been so disappointed in a lotion that they claim does so much. First of all, their formula hasnt changed in DECADES and that's because they claim it's so perfect. There has been new findings of the skin since then and I'd rather use a lotion that's a little more updated.

Also, HOW MUCH CAN YOU PUT ON YOUR FACE? Maybe if you like layers and if you have hours, then it's for you. Why does this "3-step" have to include this lotion, and why not be an anti-aging one instead of having to use both? Don't get me wrong, it does moisturize but the very theory behind it is ridiculous. This cream is definitely not a staple, and it's been the same before, during, and after using it. Might as well use an anti-aging one instead of this because at least you have benefits that include what this has to offer. Beware, they will tell you that you have to use both in order to have nice skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/4/2007 6:26:00 PM More reviews by BerlinerPooh

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've used this product too many times to count but have never actually purchased it! Whenever I buy from Clinique counters (all over the world) I always seem to end up with a sample of this and each time I convince myself to actually use it on my face and give it another chance. Truth is I have never liked this moisturiser (I have oily/combo sensitive skin), weird smell, strange colour ... but can't bear to throw it out. I do always wonder, if it's that good why do Clinique give so much of it away ... LOL! The little bottles invariably end up in my bag or desk for hand use. A bit of a waste you might think, but even on my hands if feels rather odd. It's not greasy as such but never really sinks in, leaves a sticky residue but my skin does not actually feels moisturised. It's one of those products ... you either hate it or love it. I think I hate it ...

rated 3 of 5 on 1/3/2007 3:46:00 PM More reviews by annoyed187

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have a red face about this product...from embarrasment, not use. I have used it for like, ten years. It worked okay but seemd a little greasy. I am finally old enough (28-ha) to start questioning what goes into the stuff I put on my body. I looked at the ingredients- mineral oil-ugh. I have been using this so long without question...then looked on MUA alley and it only got 30%??? Whoa. I switched last month to Desert Essence Jojoba Oil b/c of all the reviews...my skin can now breathe!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/1/2007 3:55:00 AM More reviews by cinnamongirl46

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have read many of the negative reviews from those with oily skin and I am not sure why you would need to use this particular product if you have oily skin, it says on the bottle that it is for very dry to dry/combination skin.
    It is very important to read the label, if you are oily skinned and using this product then of course your face will feel oily. If the salespeople are recommending this product for oily skin then shame on them, they need better education and should be recommending the gel which is oil free.

My skin is very dry and very sensitive, it burns when I put products with alpha hydroxy, or beta hydroxy or natural fruit extracts, etc on it. My skin also has flakes and dry patches in the winter and I have found that the DDML is one of the few products that keeps me from having dry flakey skin. I have used many other products from the drug store, including straight cocoa butter, olive oil, mineral oil, cetaphil, Oil of Olay, along with lighter formulated products and they don't take away my flakey patches and itchy skin. For some reason the combination of ingredients in DDML works for me and is cheaper than trying a bunch of drug store remedies that don't work and have to be replaced. I have never noticed an odor with my DDML and I love the yellow color. It also never burns my skin and it just soaks in and makes my skin soft and smooth. I am 46 and have used this lotion off and on for years and anytime I stop using it, I always return because nothing else works for me in the winter like this stuff.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/31/2006 2:55:00 AM More reviews by Lisbet93

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love the DDML. I use it as part of the 3-step skin care, and a little goes a long way with this. Just a dab on my chin, cheeks and forehead and then smooth it in. I use it morning and night. I have dry-combination skin and it works better for me now than it did when I was younger and had oilier skin. My skin is fairly sensitive and I notice a slight redness when I put it on but then it calms down and goes away afterwards. When I have lots of time, I put this on and then wait for a while for it to absorb a bit before applying makeup. My mom uses it too and loves it. One thing -- it is really just a basic moisturizer. If you have more going on such as needed a firming or anti-wrinkle cream, you'll want something else in addition to this.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2006 9:18:00 PM More reviews by jadelily

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have used this lotion for well over a decade...it is the one beauty product I cannot live without (besides lip balm =)). I have oily skin, and this lotion does not make me feel overly greasy. However, I can understand why others may not like this product: it is thick, the packaging isn't the greatest, and there is a particular smell to it (not bad in my opinion, but I guess I'm just used to it). I try to use it sparingly...just a dot on my cheeks, forehead, nose, and chin...then I blend it over the rest of my face. Seems to work well for me, and it doesn't cause breakouts. Clinique gives away this product as a sample in almost all of their "giftbags"...so for those who are unsure, definitely try out the sample first before buying the whole jar! Another bonus: the amount of lotion in the jar will last you for a long time.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/25/2006 2:19:00 PM More reviews by Becki32155

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Hated it!!!!

I did not like the color, the texture, the feel, the smell. I didn't like it on my skin. I didn't like the "runniness." I know it's a classic but I just don't get the hype of this one at all, though I know many others love it and I respect that. I got this as a sample, and I am glad because I definitely won't be buying.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/17/2006 3:46:00 PM More reviews by medic4u

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I don't like the fact that this moisterizer has , mineral oil, and alcohol in it and no antioxidants and nothing that does anything to help improve your skin . it is just an ordinary moisterizer thta is overhyped, and over priced!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/16/2006 6:11:00 PM More reviews by pigsy

i really don't understand why this is so popular...it hardly moisturizes.
    it really does nothing for me.