Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion

2.7

Ingredients *purified water *mineral oil *sesame oil *propylene glycol *tea-stearate *glyceryl stearate *lanolin alcohol *petrolatum *methylparaben *propylparaben *FD&C yellow no. 5 *FD&C yellow no. 6 *FD&C red no. 33
This product has been reformulated as Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion+ Please find reviews for this product here:

on 12/25/2006 2:19:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Hated it!!!!

I did not like the color, the texture, the feel, the smell. I didn't like it on my skin. I didn't like the "runniness." I know it's a classic but I just don't get the hype of this one at all, though I know many others love it and I respect that. I got this as a sample, and I am glad because I definitely won't be buying.

on 12/17/2006 3:46:00 PM

I don't like the fact that this moisterizer has , mineral oil, and alcohol in it and no antioxidants and nothing that does anything to help improve your skin . it is just an ordinary moisterizer thta is overhyped, and over priced!

on 12/16/2006 6:11:00 PM

i really don't understand why this is so popular...it hardly moisturizes.
it really does nothing for me.

on 12/13/2006 2:57:00 PM

I really wanted to love this moisturizer...but I don't. My mom has used Clinique toner and moisturizer for 20+ years and swears by it, so I thought I would give it a try. It is too greasy and doesn't absorb into my skin the way I would like it to. Even 6 hours after putting it on, my face still feels greasy! The lotion doesn't feel all that thick when I'm putting it on, but for some reason it just doesn't absorb. It was worth a try, but I would not buy this again.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I can see why others may hate this moisturizer: it's thick and greasy! Even my dryish mom hate it and passed it to me. After some time, I finally found a "better" way of applying this: use just as little as possible, let it sink in for some time, and massage what is left into the skin. I found it not too greasy if I work this way. Moreover, when I was using this, I was on acne medication which is very drying and ruin my skin textures (because my pores will dilate if my skin is dry). Putting the anti-acne on top of this moisturizer is proven effective to maintain smooth and clear skin. I also love to put this at night when my skin is dryish, in the morning I'll wakeup with calmer and more hydrated skin. Even though it's not very expensive, this is a very basic moisturizer. 4 lippies is given because even though it's basic, it seems to be the only basic moisturizer to be able smooth my skin and keeps it hydrated. Might buy again though, even if it may not be regularly. EDIT: I got this in a GWP, and to my suprise it's light and much thinner in consistency, so it's more readily absorbed, but still just as moisturizing. It's much more pleasing to use now. When I'm at home, I sometimes use this underneath Superdefense. Initially it gives me super smooth skin glowing that Superdefense alone cannot give me, though later it doesn't really do anything more.

on 12/8/2006 1:33:00 PM

This stuff is waaaaay to thick to use on my thin&sensitive face skin, but I have usper-sensitive skin: I will break out if DH puts moisturizer on his face and just touches his cheek to mine! However, I have found that DH can use DDM on his face and my facial skin will react better to it than any other stuff he puts on his face (so I just can't apply DDM directly to mine own face).
Upside though: I found that all my extra DDM works well on my crocodile-skin legs; of all the stuff I use, this stuff really helps keep them looking hydrated. Even my 85-year old grandfather likes it on his face in the wintertime. :)
For reference, my preferred facial moisturizer is the water-based H20 Face Oasis, which looks like gel. That is the thickest stuff my skin can handle on a daily basis without breaking out, so this review is most relevant for others with hypersensitive skin (I have very mild rosacea as well). continued >>

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this and hate it at the same time. I love it because its the ONLY moisturizer that makes my skin feel perfectly hydrated and balanced, soft and supple, and not greasy in the least. Its also fairly inexpensive for a department store brand ($22 for 4.2 oz pump). BUT. I hate it because it breaks me out SO BADLY. We're talking clusters of sore bumps. Not whiteheads, not blackheads, but the deep painful kind, and they'll show up in a fury about a week and a half after I start using it. And they wont STOP forming until about 2 weeks after I STOP using it. And then they have to heal, which takes another couple weeks. And then the hyperpigmentation takes another month to fade. What a mess. I really do wish this worked for me. I know the culprit: its the mineral oil. Because I get the same severe acne reaction with ANYTHING that contains this much mineral oil. Its such a shame, because I have the right skin type for it (normal/dry), and it feels so great on my skin. Another downside is that theres nothing dramatically different about it - theres not even sunscreen. No antioxidants either. I wish it didnt break me out.

on 12/6/2006 4:19:00 AM

I hate it. This lotion was the reason for me to never again buy anything from Clinique. It is very oily on my already oily skin, it practically drips from my face. Thankfully it did not give me breakouts.

on 12/1/2006 12:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I got this as a Clinique freebee, and it is NOT for oily skin. It felt like an oil slick in the T-zone. It is far too heavy (which is strange because it is so thin and runny) and oily for oily skin types. After using it a few times on my face, my skin felt congested, but thankfully I did not get breakouts. I only used it on the back of my hands (which can handle the oilier texture). This stuff also goes bad very quickly, so the remainder of the bottle got tossed. I have never tried the gel/oil-free version of this, but I may in the future. As for this lotion, I will not purchase.

on 11/29/2006 7:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

i can't believe these ratings are (this) high....