BeneFit Cosmetics Benetint

3.6

2056 reviews

WATER (AQUA), POLYSORBATE 20, PHENOXYETHANOL, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, CARMINE (CI 75470), METHYLPARABEN, FRAGRANCE (PARFUM), TETRASODIUM EDTA, GERANIOL, LINALOOL, HEXYL CINNAMAL, CITRONELLOL, MALTODEXTRIN, BENZYL SALICYLATE, BHT

on 9/6/2003 9:41:00 AM

I bought this product with great hope -- that it would be easy to apply, with a seamless look, and wouldn't "sink in". As it turned out, it was easy to apply, but took multiple applications trying to match the density and coverage area equally for both cheeks. It did have a seamless look -- as long as it lasted. I don't know if it was because my skin was tan when I tried it, or if there is something about my skin that caused this, but I experienced the same kind of "sinking in" that I often find with stick blushers or bronzers. Within a couple of hours, I could barely detect what I so painstakingly applied.

Off topic, I think that packaging this in a glass container isn't the smartest idea, but it was probably the cheapest -- and let's face it, BeneFit isn't exactly known for its packaging (check out Dr. Feelgood). But they sure charge a premium!

Needless to say, I returned it.

on 9/3/2003 6:38:00 PM

i've been using this for years. great for acne prone or sensitive skin , and gives a healthy natural look. perfect for summer.

on 9/3/2003 6:31:00 PM

This product didn't *completely* disappoint me, it was just a letdown, after all the attention it gets. The color is too bright for paler skin tones and gave me a clownish look if I applied too much or didn't blend it in enough. It would probably flatter darker skin tones, but it made me look cartoonish. Fortunately, I received it as a gift, because there's no way I would pay full price for this. I used it a few times and then went back to my NARS blush.

on 9/1/2003 2:09:00 PM

This product is very versatile and probably quite useful if you need to travel light because it can be used on lips and cheeks. I could use this in a pinch, but it isn't my preferred cosmetic. I would much prefer seperate blush and lipstick. It's a bit to pink for me, for starters. While I find it reasonably easy to use, as a lip tint, it tastes terrible, like alcohol and it dries out my lips. It gives you a pretty natural flush to your cheeks, like you just went for a run, but that isn't really the look I'm going for. I think it's quite expensive for something I would only use if all my other makeup was unavailable.

Eyes: Violet

although it probably isn't worth the $26 dollars i paid for it, my bottle of benetint is truly one of a kind. since i have yet to see a cheaper version of it by another brand, im sticking wtih this one. the best part about this is that the thin liquid makes application easy and totally natural; it's pretty hard to make a mistake and apply too much. i mixed some of this with high beam and it produced a blushy dewy effect. the color is also a plus - although it would be way too dark for a creme or powder blush, esp. on my pale skin, it's perfect for a liquid. i also have cheekies and i do like benetint much better, unless the occasion calls for heavier makeup.

on 8/23/2003 1:38:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

When I first started making my forays into make-up (late teens), Benefit seemed like the cutest, hippest line of cosmetics. I plunked down a pretty penny on a number of Benetint products and all of them disappointed.

Benetint is not an inferior product per sae. To use my Silicon Valley vernacular, the price is 'hella inflated'.

Benetint is hard to use, it's concentrated so you have to use very small quantities (a drop or two) which dries up lightning quick. That doesn't give you any time to blend. Blending is key to applying blush (at least, if you don't want to look like Raggedy Ann) so while the color itself is fine, having dried splotches of it on your cheeks is *not*. Also, I had very fair skin when I bought this so it was *really* obvious that Benetint had not blended well. It looked like I had windburn basically.

It's good to know that some people have 'mastered' this products usage. I personally pass, you can definitely find better, cheaper, easier to use blushes.

on 8/23/2003 1:36:00 AM

I like my Benetint a lot... would I buy it again? NO, but I would swap for it again if I have the chance.

I like how verstile it can be, for the cheeks or the lips. I love the 'I've flushed and blushing' look it gives you on your cheeks. I can be hard to use at first if you've never used stains before.

I don't like the glass bottle, and I don't use the brush that comes with it. I like this, but I also like my MAC Pink Lure cheek stain that gives me the same look, and it's portable.

on 8/12/2003 10:54:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

To hard to apply to red/pink that does not blend well ,nor is it flatering on my warm toned skin.Orgins makes a much better pink and Lorac makes the perfect rose/mauve/pink called Rapture.

on 8/12/2003 10:54:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

To hard to apply to pink and not longlasting .orgins makes a much betetr pink andwet and wild even has better colors of pink.A huge disappointment.

on 8/9/2003 3:12:00 PM

Benetint is a staple for me, literally a product that I use every single day. It is versatile enough to be used on cheeks and lips (although it does dry out one's lips - I just apply Kiehl's #1 lip balm over it) and it is a stain so it lasts virtually all day.
I apply three "cat whiskers" to each cheek with the brush-on applicator, blend with my fingers (I find that blending with the sponge makes me look like Bobo the clown), and voil´┐Ż, a naturally sexy flush. It might take a few tries before one masters the application, but I definitely think the results are worth it. I used this product all throughout college and even took it to South America as an exchange student (btw, it has never spilled/broken on me, I just close the cap really tight). Benetint used to be a really unique product, but there are so many other alternatives out there now. I definitely think that the product is not worth the money ($24 when I purchased it) because there are so many other options out there, such as Origins Pinch My Cheeks, Philosophy The Supernatural, Tarte, Sonia Kashuk Cheek Sheers, etc. Many of which are better products for the price (especially the Sonia Kashuk).
In fact, a few years ago on a whim, I bought the Wet 'n Wild version of this product, called Ink Stains. The ingredients were exactly the same, the WnW came in a convenient plastic squeeze bottle (not Benetint's clunky glass) and the WnW product actually performed better - all for $2! Benetint was 12 *times* more expensive! Unfortunately, I think WnW discontinued that product, because I haven't been able to find it since. :(
Anyway, a good product that I still use everyday, but not one that I'd repurchase when I run out (this day is years away because my bottle is still 2/3 full!). continued >>

Popular Blush Products