Make Up For Ever HD High Definition Foundation [DISCONTINUED]

3.6

Aqua, Cyclopentasiloxane, Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate, Mica, talc, PEG-10 Dimenthicone, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Phenyl, Trimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Lauroyl Lysine, Dimenthicone Crosspolymer, Glyceryl Caprylate, Methylpropanediol, Butylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Cyclohexacyloxane, Methylisothiazolinone, Sorbitan Sesquileate, Silver Oxide, Propylene, Carbonate, Parfum (fragrance), Methylparaben, Fagus Sylvatica Extract (Fagus Sylvatica Bud Extract), Hydrolyzed Yeast Protein, [+/- CI 77891 )titanium Dioxide), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides).

on 12/5/2009 1:25:00 PM

A friend of mine recommended this foundation to me after I complained about the fact that my then-foundation didn't stay on my quite oily skin, even after powdering it. I was bewildered by the big choice of colors, and since I have a really fair skin, I was happy to find a color that really reflected my skin tone. The product has a quite creamy texture, doesn't dehydrate the fragile skin of my cheeks and is easy to blend on the face with a brush. The result is even more perfect with the HD powder that goes with it.

On a less positive note, the packaging, even if the look is really "professional", isn't what I would call practical: it is hard to control, using the pomp, the quantity of product that gets out of the tube. Also, it is a bit pricey.

In general, I am really satisfied and will buy this product again :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have been using this for almost a year so I can give it a good review now. I wear HD 120 - for reference, it's perfect for those who wear MAC NC25. I'm NC30 in the summer and I wear HD 127 during that time. The best way for ME to apply this I've found is with my 187 (I've tried fingers, sponges, & 109). Some reviews say that it looks cakey but that's probably because people aren't applying it correctly. I'm not saying there's one right way to apply it, but keep trying different ways of application and I promise you'll find one that works for you. At first I didn't like it, but once I learned how to work with it, it is HEAVEN! So give it some patience. Took me a couple of times to figure it out.

PROS: It definitely has some yellow undertones but not overpowering like MAC. It's nice for an Asian girl like me with lots of yellow undertones in my skin + it helps neutralize redness. :) Coverage is buildable, yet it still remains (looks and feels) very light on the skin. I have pitted acne scars, redness, and hyperpigmentation from past acne. This foundation covers ALL of it. Plus, I LOVE the finish. It's kinda dewy but doesn't look shiny/oily. I guess you can say it adds a really nice glow to your face. Plus, it doesn't make me break out which is a miracle as almost every foundation besides this one and Revlon's ColorStay has made me break out. The packaging is great! Plus, I really like the scent...not too strong and it doesn't smell makeup-y.

CONS: The only bad thing would probably have to be that the staying power isn't so great. You have to either use a really good primer or a really great setting powder (check my other reviews for some good ones). With both of those, you can expect the staying power to last for a good 8-10 hours. I have combo skin for reference. The other one would be price...however, you use so little that it lasts for over half a year. The average person will use 2 pumps per time. I use about 2.5-3 pumps each time because I need more coverage...but it never really looks cakey. :) Perfect and I absolutely LOOOVEEE this stuff. :D

on 12/4/2009 12:57:00 PM

I wrote a review on this product several weeks ago. I recently went to edit my review with an update and I accidently deleted it instead! Oh well I will recreate my review and add my updated thoughts.
My original rating of this product remains (3 lippies). This is a decent foundation but I could just never make it work on my skin. I think maybe the formula is too heavy for my dryish skin. An mua'er very kindly pm'd me and suggested I try applying with my fingers, buffing with a brush and spritzing with fix plus spray. I tried this and although that application method was certainly an improvement over just applying with a brush as I had previously been doing, the foundation still looked obvious on my skin. I just don't like the finish of this foundation. It always looks like makeup, no matter what I do.
Overall, this isn't a bad product. I didn't cause me to breakout, it comes in a wide range of colors, and really a lot of people love it. I don't think it is a bad product, it's just not right for me. Good luck!

on 12/4/2009 8:59:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

It is expensive but I love the product. I rather pay up for a good product. As a foundation I think it is great because it is versatile. I believe this is for combination to oily skin which I have, but lately I have been getting dry skin as well. When I mix it with my moisturizer, the problem is solved. It mixes well with my moisturizer and still lasts all day. The liquid is not too thick or too thin. If you mix it with your moisturizer and you want more coverage, you will have to build the foundation since the moisturizer will thin it out.

on 12/4/2009 7:20:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

So I finally found a foundation that was a perfect match to my skin color- not too dark but doesnt give me that "mask" look when I take pictures.

The problem is that this products looks greasy after a while. I guess my skin does not like the ingredient that makes the skin look dewy because on me it makes me look like a grease ball. I even tried it when my oil blotting powder which helped for a few hours but then its back to looking like I put baby oil on my face instead of foundation. I don't think I can make it work and honestly I shouldn't have to try to considering it is 40 bucks.

on 12/4/2009 1:50:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

i just received this product today and since this product is unavailable in sydney, australia i had to order it over the net and guess my colour anyways the colour is totally wrong on my skin it made me look orange but then i applied it to my mums skin and it looked absoloutely perfect, it was so easy to belnd and made her skin look flawless, so i do recomend this product but you have to get the exact colour for your skin tone.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

I LOVE THIS FOUNDATION!!! I LIKE IT BETTER THAN MY MAC STUDIO FINISH FOUNDATION! THIS IS MY HG! THIS FOUNDATION IS GREAT! I HAVE MANY DIFFERENT FOUNDATIONS (ETC. GIORGIO ARMANI, DIOR NUDE, CHANEL PRO, KORRES,MAC) I LOVE ALL MY FOUNDATIONS BUT FOR SOME REASON I FIND MYSELF REACHING FOR THIS ONE..IT MAKES MY FACE LOOK DEWY (I LIKE THE DEWY LOOK) AND FLAWLESS..IT ALSO LOOKS GREAT IN PICTURES

on 12/2/2009 10:33:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

It took me so long to find a foundation that did not break me out and did give me the coverage that I needed. The Make up Forever HD Foundation is the one for me. I love the texture and the fact that it is fluid. It does not make my skin look cakey or anything, it actually looks quite natural. Just make sure you have a professional choose your colour, the right colour makes all the difference!
Coverage is medium, but I use it with my vichy concealer which can cover virtually everything so thats ok. Will definitely buy this product again

on 12/1/2009 5:40:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

this totally broke me out.. and not like in milia but almost like a rash.. i have these bumps on my face and it's taking more than a week to get rid of it.. it's very ugly looking eww... maybe they push the primer so your skin is protected from the makeup itself.. hmm don't know.. i'm too scared to put anything they make on my face...

on 11/28/2009 7:46:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Tried this twice. Broke me out both times. I really wanted to like it but unfortunately just doesn't work with my skin.