August 27, 2014 | 912 users online

Foundations - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 6/30/2009 10:35:00 PM More reviews by kbah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I wear #120 and love the intense range of colours in this line of foundations. It's medium to full coverage, in a thin consistency formula. A little goes a long way and I apply with a MAC 187 duo fibre brush. The finish is natural, so a little dewy/satin. Its oil free and non-comedogenic which is why I bought it since MAC foundations broke me out like crazy!!!! However, strangley enough, this foundation makes my skin oily 4 hours or so in, which is weird. So now i'm going to try another foundation one this is done. I'm almost out, and this has lasted me 6 almost 7 months, I use foundation 5 days/week NO JOKE! I don't like how I can't see how much is left... the bottle is clear but the foundation sticks to the inside. I know since I have a darker shade I don't use and that bottle, you can see inside when the foundation separated a little. Definitely try this out for yourself and wear it for a whole day before committing to a whole bottle. Except for making my face oily and subsequently melting off my face, this would be HG. And so the search continues... If anyone has suggestions, please tell me!
I forgot to add that this foundation oxidizes slightly and makes my skin look a little dirty/ruddy.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2009 4:18:00 PM More reviews by MAC4Mel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love this product!!! I never thought I would use any other makeup besides MAC...but MUFE foundation is perfect. I am African American and my MUFE # is 177 (MAC NW40)....MAC to me, is too oily and yellowing for my skin...I bought a bottle of MAC foundation then a week later I bought MUFE...needless to say, my MAC bottle is still full and I just purchased my 2nd bottle of MUFE.
Its so light but it covers so well...I can't explain it! ALso, I hate when even guys can tell that you are wearing foundation, well...this makes me look like I'm wearing nothing...I always get compliments on my face. I used to apply with my fingers, then I switched to a brush, but now I use the blending sponge...a little goes a long way!!!
Definitely would repurchase!!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/29/2009 1:03:00 PM More reviews by aprlgrl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

the foundation does not cover really well. also the color matched when i was inside the srtore but when i got outside you could see the shade being differnt.. it was horribble

rated 4 of 5 on 6/29/2009 9:10:00 AM More reviews by DazzleStar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Love this foundation! It's a bit pricey but its worth it. It blends well into the skin and doesn't turn a yucky yellowish orangey color that MAC foundations tend to do on my skin. It has a medium coverage and seems to last most of the day. Definately would repurchase when it runs out!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2009 5:53:00 AM More reviews by xstephh17x

I love this foundation! I was kind of hesitant to try it because a lot of people said it was light and I have scars so I was scared it wouldn't cover it, but it covered pretty well. I just dabbed a bit of concealer on certain spots. It stayed on all day despite the fact that I have very oily skin. I only had to blot once so I was very pleased. I use 120 and it's perfect for my skin color. When you wear it, it doesn't feel like you're wearing makeup, I felt like I only had moisturizer on. It does transfer though but I haven't tried or heard of a non-transferable foundation so it wasn't much of a big deal to me.

I had the HD powder at first and a sample of the foundation. It was pretty good but then I heard about Coastal Scents having a dupe for it, I got that one too. It had the same feel and finish so I returned my HD powder for the foundation since I loved the foundation a lot. This is definitely my HG foundation... for now.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2009 5:24:00 AM More reviews by flowersfade

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

this was my first high end liquid foundation purchase, and i'm really loving it. despite the price, i don't see myself going back to drugstore. this foundation offers just enough coverage for me. my skin still shows through and it looks really natural, but it actually covers my redness, which is something a foundation has never been able to do so flawlessly.

it blends beautifully and easily with a brush or just fingers. the shade selection is perfect - i'm between a mac nw15 and nw20 and between the first and second lightest shades of any other foundation. this one is a PERFECT match, indoors or outdoors. i even just ordered online, i didn't have a SA help me with the color or anything and i picked a perfect one.

overall this is a very easy foundation to work with, and i really can't imagine how it gives anyone such terrible results they'd need to rate it a 1. obviously everyones skin is different, but anything that will cover my redness and look NATURAL and last all day is a five in my book.

the only issue i have with it is the pump - i find it difficult to press hard enough so only half comes out. every pump has to be a full one, and i don't always need that much product.

as for whether i'd buy again, i'm selecting yes for now but when i finish this bottle i plan to try out some other foundations. i definitely see myself coming back to this one, though. i love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2009 8:25:00 PM More reviews by forya

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I thought I was crazy for spending $40 on a foundation, but I love this product. I'm a MAC C4, which has always been a little orange for my skintone. The Sephora SA did a match for me and selected 123 Desert for light skin with olive undertone. It was a perfect match for my skintone! With 25 different shades available, I think most people should find something that works.

You can apply this makeup lightly or build it up for medium coverage. It covered up my acne, and some of my dreaded sunspots. The finish is not matte, but very natural so I would recommend this for normal, combination or slightly dry skin.

I have two issues with this product. The foundation comes in a pump, and it's hard to control the amount that squirts out. I found myself wasting some of it. Not good when you're paying $40 per fluid ounce! Another issue is that it doesn't contain sunscreen. But since I'm allergic to chemical sunscreen, which is contained in a lot of foundations, I'm quite happy with having no sunscreen at this point.

I highly recommend this for those who are having a hard time finding a perfect match with other foundations.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2009 7:25:00 PM More reviews by lolomakeup84

I bought this during my vacation in Hollywood, CA. The Sephora chick matched my shade perfectly. I like it. the only thing I'm not too sure about is rather this broke me out or a new cleanser I bought at the same time broke me out in the forehead. I want to love it, but for right now I'm not sure...And its sOoOOOo expensive! $40! but when I'm on vacation, I become a big spender...lol...I got home with this and I was think "I must be out of my mind!" this was the first high end foudation I bought. I don't know if I'll buy this again...

rated 3 of 5 on 6/21/2009 2:48:00 PM More reviews by safasamir

I loved the color match I found. Its always hard to find a foundation that matches my olive skin tone. I don't have oily skin but this foundation make my face look oily.I had to re-apply translucent powder through out the day. I would try it again in the winter because I really liked the color

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2009 11:17:00 PM More reviews by castro4ever

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this foundation in usually a NC40/42/and during the summer 43 i had to always mix foundations to get the right shade, specially during the summer! in MUFE i'm exactly 153 PERFECT MATCH! the coverage is heaven and best of all it does not make me break out like the MAC foundations, i am so glad i tried this foundation! it makes my face dewy, i just love it! ♥