Make Up For Ever HD High Definition Foundation

3.6

Aqua, Cyclopentasiloxane, Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate, Mica, talc, PEG-10 Dimenthicone, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Phenyl, Trimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Lauroyl Lysine, Dimenthicone Crosspolymer, Glyceryl Caprylate, Methylpropanediol, Butylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Cyclohexacyloxane, Methylisothiazolinone, Sorbitan Sesquileate, Silver Oxide, Propylene, Carbonate, Parfum (fragrance), Methylparaben, Fagus Sylvatica Extract (Fagus Sylvatica Bud Extract), Hydrolyzed Yeast Protein, [+/- CI 77891 )titanium Dioxide), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides).

on 11/7/2009 3:47:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

It is very hard to get MUFE here in the UK. I really wanted to try this foundation but my only option was to purchase it online. I had to do my research in order to make sure i got the right shade. I ended up going for 115 (nw15 for ref) and it matched my skin perfectly. I am in LOVE with this foundation!! I have a lot of foundatons; to me foundation is the most important part of any womans/mans make up. This makes my skin look great and photographs fantastically (unlike the hd powder). I would def buy again-i just wish it was easier to get a hold of here in the UK.

EDIT: still love the foundation but thanks to religiously wearing spf, 115 has become a touch too dark so i now use 110 which is almost perfect but i can still get away with using 115 to be honest.

Just received this today with my Sephora F&F order. I am not too impressed with this foundation after trying it out today. I got shade 120 which is a pretty good match for me (NC25).

The coverage is what I am not too thrilled with. I applied with sephora's airbrush brush 55 and although don't feel like it is giving good coverage it still has a mask like matte dull appearance which I am not loving.

My *favorite* foundation is Armani Luminous Silk (shade 5 winter & 5.5 summer) which makes my skin look flawless and yet radiant and gives me more of a youthful look which this HD foundation seems to lack. I also really like Make up Forevers Face & Body (shade 20) foundation which IMO is superior than HD. My skin is naturally dry and dull so something so matte really can be unflattering to me.

The reasons I did give it 3 stars : great shade range & I love the hygenic pump bottle. I wish they would start packaging MUFE F&B that way.

on 11/4/2009 8:06:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I went to Sephora looking for a new foundation. The sales associate suggested HD foundation. She matched me in the store and honestly, I didn't see what she saw when I looked in the mirror, but sometimes the lighting in stores can do strange things so I bought it anyway as I knew it got good reviews on MUA.
The next day I put it on, looked in the mirror and yick- it made my skin look dry and caky (is that a word?)
I tried different moisturizers underneath, using a stipple brush, a different foundation brush and applying it with my fingers. I tried to use less product thinking I was applying it too heavily. Nothing made this product look good on me. So disappointed!. So it went back. I'm tired of looking for foundation. I had finally settled on Prescriptives Virtually Fresh when I learned they were going out of business- I can't believe I have to start all over!

on 11/4/2009 4:28:00 PM

This is the absolute best quality foundation for older skin ever!! It creates an absolutely flawless finish...and stays put 12+ hours. A tiny bit goes a long way...and leaves your skin just dewey fresh, clear, and soft.

Don't tell MUFE, but I'd pay twice the price for it. It's that good

on 10/30/2009 10:44:00 PM

Only at Sephora $40
Ingredients:
All shades contain:
-Apply directly on skin. Small quantity is sufficient to make up the whole face.
-Perfect and mattify application by dusting with HD powder.
Sephora website states:

HD Invisible Cover Foundation
What it is:
An oil-free medium-to-full-coverage liquid foundation that covers skin imperfections flawlessly while remaining invisible on-screen and in real life.

What it does:
Creates a soft-focus effect, designed to meet the coverage concerns of those in the spotlight. It creates a complexion that looks flawless, even in bright or harsh lighting.

What else you need to know:
This Sephora-exclusive foundation comes in 25 different shades to suit all skintones.
Size: 1.01 oz
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I love this! For me, this lives up to the hype.

I chose shade 120 (I am a NC30 in MAC). The oil free, yellow-toned formula glides onto my skin. Currently, my skin issue is some redness around my nostrils and chin areas. I only need a small (1 pea size) amount (concentrating mainly around nostrils, cheeks, chin--then blending to rest of face) and the coverage is natural. I've tried applying with my fingers for a soft medium HD finish and also used a damp taclon foundation brush for a sheerer finish (2 small pea sized drops because some was absorbed into the brush). Long lasting (10-16 hours) and natural looking. No need for powder to set on most days! Amazing! No detectable fragrance. Nice sturdy plastic pump dispenser!

My only con MAY be the price, but I've used more expensive foundations before and was left with less than superior qualities. I would repurchase in a snap! YAY!

on 10/28/2009 4:54:00 PM

The best foundation I've ever tried. Most liquid foundations tend to either melt off my face, become too shiny/greasy, or cause breakouts. This one stays on all day and provides a truly flawless finish - minimized pores, no shine, even skintone. I bought shade #120 which looks really light in the packaging but goes on true to my skintone. Feels totally comfortable, too - not heavy or mask-like. I apply with my fingers for a natural, sheer finish or my Dior foundation brush for a more airbrushed finish. The stuff is not cheap, but it's definitely worth it!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I just purchased this foundation based on the suggestion of the manager at Sephora. I had been using the Laura Mercier oil free foundation in procelain ivory for the last few years and she suggested this foundation in #115. I have to say as picky as I can be, I have been very happy so far with this foundation. I feel it is easy to apply and is very buildable if you are looking for more coverage. I put it to the sweat test as well and through my rigorous workouts, it still looks great. I find it to be long lasting and very light compared to the Laura Mercier foundation I had been using. Plus it looks natural! I find the price not to be too steep because a little goes a long way. I have found with my past experiences with foundation, that the more I pay, the higher the quality of the foundation.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this foundation, it covers really well!

on 10/26/2009 11:15:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I love this foundation! I've been a loyal fan of Armani Luminating Silk Foundation and Chanel Vitalumieres but wanted something with more of a matte finish as these two can appear shiny on my skin. I love how long MUFE HD lasts, that is contains no sunscreen and won't interfere with my separate sunscreen. It is also very buildable, doesn't clog my pores and photographs so well. I don't even use concealer with this foundation.

on 10/26/2009 1:34:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

After all the hype, I had to give this a try. I was using my MAC 187 brush to apply one pump of product, and no matter how much I stippled and buffed, it seemed to always look a little grainy on my face--like it didn't look like my skin, it looked like my skin with cakey makeup. With a little powder, though, this effect seemed to go away.

I recently started applying it with a damp sponge, and holy moly, what a difference! My skin looks glorious now! The damp sponge is the way to apply this one, ladies and gents. It makes the foundation melt into your skin! The sponge does sheer the coverage a bit, so instead of using one pump, I'm now using 1.5 - 2 pumps of product, but the finish is so much nicer. In general I prefer using a brush for foundation application, but I'll willingly use a sponge if it makes this work better.

Overall, my thoughts: expensive product, not a perfect color match for me (but it's not too far off), definitely not my HG foundation.