October 26, 2014 | 1082 users online

Moisturizers - Clinique - Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2007 5:34:00 PM More reviews by hannah4him

I can somehow understand the reviews on this product, but I don't understand why people are using this on their skin without even being aware of their skin type. I have combination skin prone to dryness more often than oily areas. I use this only on my dry eczema prone areas, and DDML does an excellent job of moisturizing. I use it under my eyes with no problems. NO MILIA! YAY! I've used eye creams in the past, but I would always get milia, but as recommended by BarbiH on the skincare boards I've been using this as an eye cream and I like the results. Please note that I do not use this all over my face. If I slathered this on my forehead and nose, I predict that problems may arise, but on my dry areas, this moisturizer is excellent. I haven't experienced breakouts either.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2007 6:53:00 PM More reviews by rsmith

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have used this product off and on over the years. The last time I went back to it was after Revlon stopped producing my favorite Charles of the Ritz Revenescence lotion and shut down the CR line altogether. I find DDML very confortable on my dry, sensitive skin. I will not buy it in the pump bottle again though. I used a utility knife to cut through the tough bottle to get 4 more applications out. Why waste something I paid for and like!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/9/2007 10:33:00 AM More reviews by NeptuneStar

Ok. I normally have oily/combination skin, but I do like to use this in the winter just in dry spots on my face and hands. I also use this in the eye area when I need more moisture. I definitely wouldn't use this as an all-over, everyday moisturizer though.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/8/2007 3:55:00 PM More reviews by tydrukbussis

I fell into the net of DDML the same way a lot of you here - bought it as a part of the 3-step. Guess this was the least awful of the pack, but still bad. It disn't evem moisturise my oily/combination skin eficciently. Overall I'm very happy I only bought the small pack (amall soap, 50 ml lotion, 15?ml DDML).

rated 1 of 5 on 1/6/2007 5:29:00 PM More reviews by yofrickinmama

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

absolutely hate it. even after application, my skin is left feeling dry, tight, and flakes are visible on my face. definitely would not repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/5/2007 12:27:00 AM More reviews by seemapal82

Boring lotion - another tactic for you to buy it if they say it's part of a "3-step system". And it HAS to be this very lotion or else your skin will be crappy as the counter girls tell you. They tell you to use this lotion even if you have oily skin AND already use an anti-aging cream just to layer up your face. I've never been so disappointed in a lotion that they claim does so much. First of all, their formula hasnt changed in DECADES and that's because they claim it's so perfect. There has been new findings of the skin since then and I'd rather use a lotion that's a little more updated.

Also, HOW MUCH CAN YOU PUT ON YOUR FACE? Maybe if you like layers and if you have hours, then it's for you. Why does this "3-step" have to include this lotion, and why not be an anti-aging one instead of having to use both? Don't get me wrong, it does moisturize but the very theory behind it is ridiculous. This cream is definitely not a staple, and it's been the same before, during, and after using it. Might as well use an anti-aging one instead of this because at least you have benefits that include what this has to offer. Beware, they will tell you that you have to use both in order to have nice skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/4/2007 6:26:00 PM More reviews by BerlinerPooh

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've used this product too many times to count but have never actually purchased it! Whenever I buy from Clinique counters (all over the world) I always seem to end up with a sample of this and each time I convince myself to actually use it on my face and give it another chance. Truth is I have never liked this moisturiser (I have oily/combo sensitive skin), weird smell, strange colour ... but can't bear to throw it out. I do always wonder, if it's that good why do Clinique give so much of it away ... LOL! The little bottles invariably end up in my bag or desk for hand use. A bit of a waste you might think, but even on my hands if feels rather odd. It's not greasy as such but never really sinks in, leaves a sticky residue but my skin does not actually feels moisturised. It's one of those products ... you either hate it or love it. I think I hate it ...

rated 3 of 5 on 1/3/2007 3:46:00 PM More reviews by annoyed187

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have a red face about this product...from embarrasment, not use. I have used it for like, ten years. It worked okay but seemd a little greasy. I am finally old enough (28-ha) to start questioning what goes into the stuff I put on my body. I looked at the ingredients- mineral oil-ugh. I have been using this so long without question...then looked on MUA alley and it only got 30%??? Whoa. I switched last month to Desert Essence Jojoba Oil b/c of all the reviews...my skin can now breathe!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/1/2007 3:55:00 AM More reviews by cinnamongirl46

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have read many of the negative reviews from those with oily skin and I am not sure why you would need to use this particular product if you have oily skin, it says on the bottle that it is for very dry to dry/combination skin.
    It is very important to read the label, if you are oily skinned and using this product then of course your face will feel oily. If the salespeople are recommending this product for oily skin then shame on them, they need better education and should be recommending the gel which is oil free.

My skin is very dry and very sensitive, it burns when I put products with alpha hydroxy, or beta hydroxy or natural fruit extracts, etc on it. My skin also has flakes and dry patches in the winter and I have found that the DDML is one of the few products that keeps me from having dry flakey skin. I have used many other products from the drug store, including straight cocoa butter, olive oil, mineral oil, cetaphil, Oil of Olay, along with lighter formulated products and they don't take away my flakey patches and itchy skin. For some reason the combination of ingredients in DDML works for me and is cheaper than trying a bunch of drug store remedies that don't work and have to be replaced. I have never noticed an odor with my DDML and I love the yellow color. It also never burns my skin and it just soaks in and makes my skin soft and smooth. I am 46 and have used this lotion off and on for years and anytime I stop using it, I always return because nothing else works for me in the winter like this stuff.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/31/2006 2:55:00 AM More reviews by Lisbet93

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love the DDML. I use it as part of the 3-step skin care, and a little goes a long way with this. Just a dab on my chin, cheeks and forehead and then smooth it in. I use it morning and night. I have dry-combination skin and it works better for me now than it did when I was younger and had oilier skin. My skin is fairly sensitive and I notice a slight redness when I put it on but then it calms down and goes away afterwards. When I have lots of time, I put this on and then wait for a while for it to absorb a bit before applying makeup. My mom uses it too and loves it. One thing -- it is really just a basic moisturizer. If you have more going on such as needed a firming or anti-wrinkle cream, you'll want something else in addition to this.