BeneFit Cosmetics Benetint

3.6

2031 reviews

WATER (AQUA), POLYSORBATE 20, PHENOXYETHANOL, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, CARMINE (CI 75470), METHYLPARABEN, FRAGRANCE (PARFUM), TETRASODIUM EDTA, GERANIOL, LINALOOL, HEXYL CINNAMAL, CITRONELLOL, MALTODEXTRIN, BENZYL SALICYLATE, BHT

At first glance this rose colored bottle looks like nail polish with a sweet rosy scent. But inside you will find the most perfect blush in the world! It glides on and smears in with a sponge or fingers. I am truly happy and although the $26 pricetag appears steep you will impressed with the length of time this lasts. I have had mines almost 3 years and it is about 3/4 full! Talk about sweet!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a fantastic product and a worthy splurge. All through high school, my best friend and I lusted after Benetint because it was all over the fashion magazines. We were hesitant to buy it because it really is very expensive (at around $26 plus tax). Well, I finally took the plunge, and boy, am I ever glad! I love it as a blush. It gives you a healthy nordic look - like a snow queen. I wear it on my lips as well. I find that because my lips are already deep pink, I need to apply a couple coats, letting the stain sink in before reapplication. It gives you a pretty stained look, but can also emphasize the cracks in your lips and make them look a tad dry. I happen to like that look sometimes - the wrinkly lip look is very Angelina Jolie. It also looks nice with the matching lip balm, which combats the wrinkles as well, giving your lips a slightly plumper, smoother look. However, my favourite lip look is Benetint with a light coat of The Body Shop's Born Lippy Last Strawberry lip balm.

Some minor caveats: the nail polish style brush is a touch annoying. I find myself using it to smear a wash of colour onto my cheeks, since dainty, ladylike dabs does nothing for my complexion. You also need to blend very quickly lest you end up with round, red porcelain doll style cheeks - unless of course, you're going for that scarlet feverish, victorian-era streetwalker look. And you will get red fingers - or at least I do, since for some reason, I didn't get a blending sponge with my purchase!

on 7/28/2003 4:15:00 PM

Benetint smells super-yummy, like fresh roses. Color is like beetjuice. Is a liquid in a glass bottle and NOT good for travel. (Not only did the bottle leak on a flight, but then I dropped it on a tile floor which shattered the glass and splashed the color all over pants!) Otherwise, a must-have product!

on 7/25/2003 12:25:00 PM

I love the color Benetint gave, but the application process was just too engrossing for me and blush. I liked it over bare skin or tinted moisturizer, but when I wear foundation it can get blotchy. I liked the color on my lips, so I do use the Benetint..a lot. I discovered the Tarte gel blush stick in Flush and had much better results.

on 7/25/2003 6:25:00 AM

Benetint is really the perfect color for me. I just wish it came in gel form (ala Vincent Longo or Philosophy Supernatural lip & cheek stains). I like the rose scent much better than VL (vanilla) and a little better than Supernatural (pomegranate).

on 7/24/2003 1:52:00 AM

Gives great healthy glow although I don't use it on my lips because it looks too pink. Very expensive though so make sure you try it at the counter first before you invest in it- I swore I'd use it for years but then I discovered Bourgois blush.

on 7/18/2003 8:06:00 PM

The thing that I like about this product is that it introduced me to getting color on my cheecks without having to resort to powders or gooey creams, both of which I am allergic to and make me break out. I've used it for about a year or so and I don't love it, so I don't use it that often. I'm pretty convinced after reading other reviews that there are much better products out there.

on 7/18/2003 6:35:00 PM

I have to admit the price is pretty expensive, but I bought it off Ebay for half the price. It will definitely last forever though. I like that this is a very subtle cheek stain, you can make it more intense by reapplying. But I prefer to just put three dots on each apple of the cheek and blend. This creates a healthy flushed look. It is very subtle, but that's the point of blush it is supposed to look natural like you aren't wearing any.

on 7/18/2003 1:39:00 PM

I was not very impressed with this product. Though, I should try it a few more times-- maybe I just need practice applying it. I don't think the small brush is very effective. At first, I did not even notice the color on my cheeks. The more I applied, though, the brighter pink it got--too pink for my tastes. I'll give it another chance, though.

on 7/14/2003 10:50:00 PM

This is my Holy Grail. I use it EVERYTIME I apply makeup. It really wasn't that hard for me to learn how to apply it, you just have to work quickly. Like another poster said below, this is one of those products I would take to a desert island if stranded.

Popular Blush Products