BeneFit Cosmetics Benetint

3.6

2072 reviews

WATER (AQUA), POLYSORBATE 20, PHENOXYETHANOL, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, CARMINE (CI 75470), METHYLPARABEN, FRAGRANCE (PARFUM), TETRASODIUM EDTA, GERANIOL, LINALOOL, HEXYL CINNAMAL, CITRONELLOL, MALTODEXTRIN, BENZYL SALICYLATE, BHT

I love this product. I just put a little x on my cheekbone and blend and I look like I just stepped out of the cold. Its a very natural pink flush. The only thing i do not care for is the bottle, if you turn the cap to far it just keeps turning and you have a big fat mess! just be gentle with the lid and it's a great product !

I love this product. It adds sheer color to my olive skintone. It is a pinky-red natural color. It blends in naturally with my skin. It is great to use when you are in a rush, or want a natural look.

The girl at the counter tried to make me guess what this smelt like. The correct answer was "Rose petals" but I thought it was cough medicine. Nonetheless, this is a novelty product, and is quite a pretty colour in a Snow White-kind of way. It is hard to blend though and unless you have a very steady hand, the lip application can leave you looking more like Drag Queen than Princess.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

You have to work fast when you apply this product because it dries out fast. And don't forget to moisturize before applying. I am not really happy with Benetint, it doesnt show (you have to apply alot) and it stains my fingers so bad.

I find this extremely hard to put on. Every time I try to apply it, I end up smearing my other makeup that I applied before putting on Benetint. Also, the tint is a little too pink for me. And I definitely know that this product is not worth the price they are charging for it. I am going back to powder blush.

If I could give this product 10 lipsticks, I would ... and to think that I put off buying it for so long! I've heard a lot of negative views on various BeneFit products and they well might be true, but I love BeneTint even more than I love the various Bathina items I own. I didn't find the tint difficult to apply at all. I followed the directions on the bottle and blotted three tiny dots on each cheek before blending. What a lovely, fresh, in-from-the-cold look! Because you must apply it so sparingly, this little bottle should last forever, making it a rather good buy in the long run. It also smells faintly of rose, kinda like BeneFit's Bathina fragrance Maybe Baby. I use Bobbi Brown makeup religiously, but on days where I want to look more natural and less polished, I reach for BeneTint and the matching BeneTint lip balm (and maybe even a little Dandelion highlighter for sparkle).

I enjoy this but I think my LORAC sheer luck is a prettier color and lasts longer and is easier to apply. Benetint is a pretty pink stain, hard to blend into cheeks so I mostly use on my lips. Edit: I have to add, someone gave me a bottle over the holidays so I've revisited it and first of all, the packaging is awful because the text on the bottle rubs off on your hands, after just a few uses! That on top of the fact that at roughly $26 a bottle, it's totally overpriced.

Love love LOVE this stuff - a staple. My best blush ever!!! Looks like a real, natural coming-from-outdoors "flush." Just stunning and natural and real looking. Perfect for my light, fair complexion and I find it easy to blend and don't have any of the problems people say here. I can't believe everyone is not raving that is how much I love this stuff!!! One problem - the little bottle has leaked on me during travel. I might stop taking it on trips - but that is all! Month after month, I love this stuff more and more. UPDATE: Change of opinion. I know prefer MAC Gels like Pink Lure and Subtropical which spread better and don't dry as fast. This is still good - but only 3 lippies.

I was so excited to try this versatile lip and cheek stain (or nipple stain for an exotic dancer, which how this product was created) after reading so much about, but unfourtionately it didn't live up to it fame.
I loved how it was lightweight, you can't even feel it on your skin, I don't think there is anything worse for a product than to feel it on your skin. This has to do with the formula, basically only rosewater and pigment, which makes it also one of the most gentle makeup products on the planet. I don't think anyone (unless allergic to roses) will ever have any reactions on their skin because of the formula. Sheer, yet buildable, it can give you the color intensity you desire. The wear, like iron; its one of the reason this product gets so much hype, and rightfully so.
However, after singing its prasies I must note that personally, the cons outweigh the pros, starting with the packaging. While sleek and cute, it is not very convenient. It is a nailpolish type bottle, and you brush or dot the liquid where you want to put it. Similar liquid stains come in roll on applicators; i've found that its not the perfect solution, but certainly a step up from this. The sponge that comes with it is very thick and soft, and however luxurious this is, it is not the best way for this type of product. I would love to have a supply of these sponges for powder application.
The product is also akward to use if you are not used to this sort of thing, it is very easy to go overboard and risk looking like a kewpie doll or clown. The technique that worked for me was to dot this on my cheeks (or lips) and blend immediately, because if not the dots set, and you are stuck with them all day. Another con is that you need basically perfect skin (or be comfortable going without makeup) to use this, because using a foundation along with this product can be is tricky, especially with powder foundations.
The final con i must note is the color; i found it to bring out the redness in my nose. Benetint is only available in one shade, which means either it works or it doesn't. Universal shades don't exist, and this is what decided the product's fate in my makeup case.
For a similar effect, I reccomend the stains by Vincent Longo and Tarte products that fills in the gaps of benetint; shade selection, blendability, and straightforward, easy to use packaging.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is an okay product - the color either will work for you or not. I don't like the brush in the bottle at all. I had much better luck with LORAC's Sheer Luck wash. What a delight - it has a little roll so you can roll it right on your lips or cheeks. I like the color and texture of LORAC better too.

Top Rated BeneFit Cosmetics Products