BeneFit Cosmetics Benetint

3.6

2050 reviews

WATER (AQUA), POLYSORBATE 20, PHENOXYETHANOL, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, CARMINE (CI 75470), METHYLPARABEN, FRAGRANCE (PARFUM), TETRASODIUM EDTA, GERANIOL, LINALOOL, HEXYL CINNAMAL, CITRONELLOL, MALTODEXTRIN, BENZYL SALICYLATE, BHT

on 9/9/2003 5:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

If you are able to blend it quickly it gives a nice flush to the cheeks, but by the time you put down the bottle and the brush you really have to rush to blend it before it dries. A couple of times I didn't blend it well enough and it looked strange. I don't know if I would buy it again.

on 9/9/2003 1:29:00 PM

Blend! Blend! Blend! If you don't have time - skip this step. Too much can look clownish especially on pale skin - but when you hit it right it's that natural flush that makes you look like you just did something fun. I don't love it on lips - turns mine a very unappealing magenta shade that makes me look like I've been drinking KoolAid all afternoon.

on 9/8/2003 2:20:00 AM

I bought this, tried it, and gave it to a friend because I am allergic to BeneTint and all BeneFit products. It's too fast drying, blotchy, and causes a great deal of rashes and itching. Will never buy BeneFit products again.

on 9/6/2003 11:10:00 PM

I like the fact that Benetint can be used on cheeks and lips, resulting in a natural blush. It doesn't rub off on shirt collars and it isn't dusty like most blushes. I like anything that adds color without a fake look.

on 9/6/2003 9:41:00 AM

I bought this product with great hope -- that it would be easy to apply, with a seamless look, and wouldn't "sink in". As it turned out, it was easy to apply, but took multiple applications trying to match the density and coverage area equally for both cheeks. It did have a seamless look -- as long as it lasted. I don't know if it was because my skin was tan when I tried it, or if there is something about my skin that caused this, but I experienced the same kind of "sinking in" that I often find with stick blushers or bronzers. Within a couple of hours, I could barely detect what I so painstakingly applied.

Off topic, I think that packaging this in a glass container isn't the smartest idea, but it was probably the cheapest -- and let's face it, BeneFit isn't exactly known for its packaging (check out Dr. Feelgood). But they sure charge a premium!

Needless to say, I returned it.

on 9/3/2003 6:38:00 PM

i've been using this for years. great for acne prone or sensitive skin , and gives a healthy natural look. perfect for summer.

on 9/3/2003 6:31:00 PM

This product didn't *completely* disappoint me, it was just a letdown, after all the attention it gets. The color is too bright for paler skin tones and gave me a clownish look if I applied too much or didn't blend it in enough. It would probably flatter darker skin tones, but it made me look cartoonish. Fortunately, I received it as a gift, because there's no way I would pay full price for this. I used it a few times and then went back to my NARS blush.

on 9/1/2003 2:09:00 PM

This product is very versatile and probably quite useful if you need to travel light because it can be used on lips and cheeks. I could use this in a pinch, but it isn't my preferred cosmetic. I would much prefer seperate blush and lipstick. It's a bit to pink for me, for starters. While I find it reasonably easy to use, as a lip tint, it tastes terrible, like alcohol and it dries out my lips. It gives you a pretty natural flush to your cheeks, like you just went for a run, but that isn't really the look I'm going for. I think it's quite expensive for something I would only use if all my other makeup was unavailable.

Eyes: Violet

although it probably isn't worth the $26 dollars i paid for it, my bottle of benetint is truly one of a kind. since i have yet to see a cheaper version of it by another brand, im sticking wtih this one. the best part about this is that the thin liquid makes application easy and totally natural; it's pretty hard to make a mistake and apply too much. i mixed some of this with high beam and it produced a blushy dewy effect. the color is also a plus - although it would be way too dark for a creme or powder blush, esp. on my pale skin, it's perfect for a liquid. i also have cheekies and i do like benetint much better, unless the occasion calls for heavier makeup.

on 8/23/2003 1:38:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

When I first started making my forays into make-up (late teens), Benefit seemed like the cutest, hippest line of cosmetics. I plunked down a pretty penny on a number of Benetint products and all of them disappointed.

Benetint is not an inferior product per sae. To use my Silicon Valley vernacular, the price is 'hella inflated'.

Benetint is hard to use, it's concentrated so you have to use very small quantities (a drop or two) which dries up lightning quick. That doesn't give you any time to blend. Blending is key to applying blush (at least, if you don't want to look like Raggedy Ann) so while the color itself is fine, having dried splotches of it on your cheeks is *not*. Also, I had very fair skin when I bought this so it was *really* obvious that Benetint had not blended well. It looked like I had windburn basically.

It's good to know that some people have 'mastered' this products usage. I personally pass, you can definitely find better, cheaper, easier to use blushes.

Top Rated BeneFit Cosmetics Products