BeneFit Cosmetics Benetint

3.6

2038 reviews

WATER (AQUA), POLYSORBATE 20, PHENOXYETHANOL, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, CARMINE (CI 75470), METHYLPARABEN, FRAGRANCE (PARFUM), TETRASODIUM EDTA, GERANIOL, LINALOOL, HEXYL CINNAMAL, CITRONELLOL, MALTODEXTRIN, BENZYL SALICYLATE, BHT

on 8/12/2003 10:54:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

To hard to apply to pink and not longlasting .orgins makes a much betetr pink andwet and wild even has better colors of pink.A huge disappointment.

on 8/9/2003 3:12:00 PM

Benetint is a staple for me, literally a product that I use every single day. It is versatile enough to be used on cheeks and lips (although it does dry out one's lips - I just apply Kiehl's #1 lip balm over it) and it is a stain so it lasts virtually all day.
I apply three "cat whiskers" to each cheek with the brush-on applicator, blend with my fingers (I find that blending with the sponge makes me look like Bobo the clown), and voil�, a naturally sexy flush. It might take a few tries before one masters the application, but I definitely think the results are worth it. I used this product all throughout college and even took it to South America as an exchange student (btw, it has never spilled/broken on me, I just close the cap really tight). Benetint used to be a really unique product, but there are so many other alternatives out there now. I definitely think that the product is not worth the money ($24 when I purchased it) because there are so many other options out there, such as Origins Pinch My Cheeks, Philosophy The Supernatural, Tarte, Sonia Kashuk Cheek Sheers, etc. Many of which are better products for the price (especially the Sonia Kashuk).
In fact, a few years ago on a whim, I bought the Wet 'n Wild version of this product, called Ink Stains. The ingredients were exactly the same, the WnW came in a convenient plastic squeeze bottle (not Benetint's clunky glass) and the WnW product actually performed better - all for $2! Benetint was 12 *times* more expensive! Unfortunately, I think WnW discontinued that product, because I haven't been able to find it since. :(
Anyway, a good product that I still use everyday, but not one that I'd repurchase when I run out (this day is years away because my bottle is still 2/3 full!). continued >>

on 8/8/2003 11:43:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I love this stuff indeed.Only 1-2 dots can go a long way. I always use it on my cheek.It suddenly make my face look fresh!! Also, I use Benetint before I wear lip stick or lip gloss...very beautiful.

on 8/7/2003 5:29:00 PM

I treid this at the counter. Even though i read so many great reviews in mags, I was still iniminated by the rich color. I put 3 dots on the apples of my cheeks, blended, and got the sexiest flush! However it's extremely expensive and I'm pretty sure there are stains out there that work just as well for less.

on 8/7/2003 1:11:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I'm 50-50 on this (what a coincidence, given that it's getting a 50% approval right now). Anyway ... sometimes I feel like Benetint gives me a nice rosy flush, other times I feel like it's just too much trouble. Most of the time it annoys me that the packaging leaks so easily.

on 8/6/2003 3:59:00 PM

Am I the only one here that doesn't get mistaken for Bobo the Clown when they wear this? I promise you, I have mastered the art of makeup application in my 18 years of experimentation, but just can't get this color to look "natural" or "slightly flushed" with my very PPP skin and dark hair. I can tell you that I've seen it on others with medium skintones and somehow, they manage to pull off that "I've been doing the dirty deed all night" look--but me--Ringling Brothers, here I come!

on 8/5/2003 5:13:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Benetint gives me the best natural looking flush in town. It's easy to apply as long as your skin isn't dry. The best cheek tint I've ever used.

At first glance this rose colored bottle looks like nail polish with a sweet rosy scent. But inside you will find the most perfect blush in the world! It glides on and smears in with a sponge or fingers. I am truly happy and although the $26 pricetag appears steep you will impressed with the length of time this lasts. I have had mines almost 3 years and it is about 3/4 full! Talk about sweet!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a fantastic product and a worthy splurge. All through high school, my best friend and I lusted after Benetint because it was all over the fashion magazines. We were hesitant to buy it because it really is very expensive (at around $26 plus tax). Well, I finally took the plunge, and boy, am I ever glad! I love it as a blush. It gives you a healthy nordic look - like a snow queen. I wear it on my lips as well. I find that because my lips are already deep pink, I need to apply a couple coats, letting the stain sink in before reapplication. It gives you a pretty stained look, but can also emphasize the cracks in your lips and make them look a tad dry. I happen to like that look sometimes - the wrinkly lip look is very Angelina Jolie. It also looks nice with the matching lip balm, which combats the wrinkles as well, giving your lips a slightly plumper, smoother look. However, my favourite lip look is Benetint with a light coat of The Body Shop's Born Lippy Last Strawberry lip balm.

Some minor caveats: the nail polish style brush is a touch annoying. I find myself using it to smear a wash of colour onto my cheeks, since dainty, ladylike dabs does nothing for my complexion. You also need to blend very quickly lest you end up with round, red porcelain doll style cheeks - unless of course, you're going for that scarlet feverish, victorian-era streetwalker look. And you will get red fingers - or at least I do, since for some reason, I didn't get a blending sponge with my purchase!

on 7/28/2003 4:15:00 PM

Benetint smells super-yummy, like fresh roses. Color is like beetjuice. Is a liquid in a glass bottle and NOT good for travel. (Not only did the bottle leak on a flight, but then I dropped it on a tile floor which shattered the glass and splashed the color all over pants!) Otherwise, a must-have product!

Top Rated BeneFit Cosmetics Products