August 2, 2014 | 963 users online

Foundations - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2009 5:53:00 AM More reviews by xstephh17x

I love this foundation! I was kind of hesitant to try it because a lot of people said it was light and I have scars so I was scared it wouldn't cover it, but it covered pretty well. I just dabbed a bit of concealer on certain spots. It stayed on all day despite the fact that I have very oily skin. I only had to blot once so I was very pleased. I use 120 and it's perfect for my skin color. When you wear it, it doesn't feel like you're wearing makeup, I felt like I only had moisturizer on. It does transfer though but I haven't tried or heard of a non-transferable foundation so it wasn't much of a big deal to me.

I had the HD powder at first and a sample of the foundation. It was pretty good but then I heard about Coastal Scents having a dupe for it, I got that one too. It had the same feel and finish so I returned my HD powder for the foundation since I loved the foundation a lot. This is definitely my HG foundation... for now.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2009 5:24:00 AM More reviews by flowersfade

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

this was my first high end liquid foundation purchase, and i'm really loving it. despite the price, i don't see myself going back to drugstore. this foundation offers just enough coverage for me. my skin still shows through and it looks really natural, but it actually covers my redness, which is something a foundation has never been able to do so flawlessly.

it blends beautifully and easily with a brush or just fingers. the shade selection is perfect - i'm between a mac nw15 and nw20 and between the first and second lightest shades of any other foundation. this one is a PERFECT match, indoors or outdoors. i even just ordered online, i didn't have a SA help me with the color or anything and i picked a perfect one.

overall this is a very easy foundation to work with, and i really can't imagine how it gives anyone such terrible results they'd need to rate it a 1. obviously everyones skin is different, but anything that will cover my redness and look NATURAL and last all day is a five in my book.

the only issue i have with it is the pump - i find it difficult to press hard enough so only half comes out. every pump has to be a full one, and i don't always need that much product.

as for whether i'd buy again, i'm selecting yes for now but when i finish this bottle i plan to try out some other foundations. i definitely see myself coming back to this one, though. i love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2009 8:25:00 PM More reviews by forya

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I thought I was crazy for spending $40 on a foundation, but I love this product. I'm a MAC C4, which has always been a little orange for my skintone. The Sephora SA did a match for me and selected 123 Desert for light skin with olive undertone. It was a perfect match for my skintone! With 25 different shades available, I think most people should find something that works.

You can apply this makeup lightly or build it up for medium coverage. It covered up my acne, and some of my dreaded sunspots. The finish is not matte, but very natural so I would recommend this for normal, combination or slightly dry skin.

I have two issues with this product. The foundation comes in a pump, and it's hard to control the amount that squirts out. I found myself wasting some of it. Not good when you're paying $40 per fluid ounce! Another issue is that it doesn't contain sunscreen. But since I'm allergic to chemical sunscreen, which is contained in a lot of foundations, I'm quite happy with having no sunscreen at this point.

I highly recommend this for those who are having a hard time finding a perfect match with other foundations.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2009 7:25:00 PM More reviews by lolomakeup84

I bought this during my vacation in Hollywood, CA. The Sephora chick matched my shade perfectly. I like it. the only thing I'm not too sure about is rather this broke me out or a new cleanser I bought at the same time broke me out in the forehead. I want to love it, but for right now I'm not sure...And its sOoOOOo expensive! $40! but when I'm on vacation, I become a big spender...lol...I got home with this and I was think "I must be out of my mind!" this was the first high end foudation I bought. I don't know if I'll buy this again...

rated 3 of 5 on 6/21/2009 2:48:00 PM More reviews by safasamir

I loved the color match I found. Its always hard to find a foundation that matches my olive skin tone. I don't have oily skin but this foundation make my face look oily.I had to re-apply translucent powder through out the day. I would try it again in the winter because I really liked the color

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2009 11:17:00 PM More reviews by castro4ever

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this foundation in usually a NC40/42/and during the summer 43 i had to always mix foundations to get the right shade, specially during the summer! in MUFE i'm exactly 153 PERFECT MATCH! the coverage is heaven and best of all it does not make me break out like the MAC foundations, i am so glad i tried this foundation! it makes my face dewy, i just love it! ♥

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2009 7:11:00 PM More reviews by pocky

HD is the first liquid foundaton I've worn in over 3 years and has become my HG liquid foundation. It gives full coverage yet is super light and breathable and my skin still shows through. Part of the reason I stopped wearing liquid foundation was how it felt on my skin. Although it transfers a little more than my mineral foundation, HD feels like I'm wearing nothing at all. It is so light! The finish is more of a satin matte in my opinion. I can get a matte finish if I apply a mattifying powder like MUFE Super Matte but on its own or with a light dusting of a softer setting powder like Becca Fine Loose Powder. I would not call this a matte foundation and I'm not sure how well it would work for oily or combo skin, especially in warmer weather. It lasts all day and doesn't get cakey or pool although, as I mentioned, it's not a transfer-resistant foundation. This stuff will get on your phone!

Despite the full range of shades, I ended up buying two different shades to mix. The first shade I tried was #120, which ended up being too peach and dark for my NC25 skin. Maybe I'm not even an NC25? I don't know. I'm Asian with light-medium skin that has an odd yellow and olive undertone thing going on so it's very hard for me to find foundation or concealers that have just enough yellow and no peach or pink. #118 was lighter than #120 but #118 has just a touch of pink, which is a big no-no for me. #117 has enough yellow but a little too light and #123 has a touch of olive but was way too dark and yellow so I ended up mixing one part #123 with two parts #117 for the perfect shade. There is absolutely no difference between my custom-mixed shade and the skin around my ears or neck at all. I know this sounds incredibly expensive (it is!) and a lot of trouble, but trust me ladies, I'm used to this. I've had to mix my foundations and concealers so often over the years that I now budget for two shades whenever I buy anything new. #120 was a close match and looked flawless in dim lighting but outside in bright sunlight, I couldn't ignore the peachy caste to my skin. #120 will probably be a good match for a darker NC 25.

Anyway, this is definitely one of my best beauty discoveries in the last 3 years and I will repurchase if I ever run out before this stuff goes bad since I don't wear liquid foundation that often and remember, I have 2 bottles to work with. It seems that there is some dispute regarding "proper application" of this foundation but I wouldn't know what's proper and what's not. I apply with my MAC 187 only because I prefer applying liquid foundation with my 187. For me, the 187 is simply the easiest method. This foundation dries fast so you need to work fast before it dries because once it does, you will not be able to blend it out very easily. I have not tried using a foundation brush or sponges or my fingers because that's not how I like to apply liquid foundation. If you don't like the 187 or don't want to use it or can't afford it, just do whatever you need to do to get the results you want. Oh yes, and I agree with everyone: the pump is terrible. It's very hard to control how much product is released with this kind of pump.

15 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2009 2:44:00 PM More reviews by jaden08

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I gave this 2 lippies bc the color 173 amber was a really god match for me however that's where the happiness comes to a speeding halt as i started to see the dewy look become a deep fried look within a matter of an hour after putting it on. I always use primer and powder so the foundation clearly wasn't for me. I think this will be perfect for drier skin types but for oily girls like me and with summer approaching tomorrow big hell to the NO!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/18/2009 12:20:00 PM More reviews by metalmynx

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I got a sample of this from Sephora before plunking down $40 for the full size. This is too greasy for summer wear in Philadelphia - like the previous reviewer, it just slid off my oily face. I usually wear BE which works a lot better with my oil and the humidity. I do plan to try it again in the winter when my skin gets a little drier. It did look good when I first put it on and would probably work well for ladies with less oily skin.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 6/16/2009 10:38:00 AM More reviews by feliciah84

Bought this stuff after using Bare Es. for 6 months or so. My skin is combo prone to breakouts...this stuff did not stay on my skin and I used the primer. It greased off my nose in a couple hours, esp. being in the hot/humid wheather in TX. Maybe if you live somewhere with less humidity it will work for you. The color was not right either. Overpriced as well, did not like the pump. Returned it.