Make Up For Ever HD High Definition Foundation [DISCONTINUED]

3.6

Aqua, Cyclopentasiloxane, Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate, Mica, talc, PEG-10 Dimenthicone, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Phenyl, Trimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Lauroyl Lysine, Dimenthicone Crosspolymer, Glyceryl Caprylate, Methylpropanediol, Butylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Cyclohexacyloxane, Methylisothiazolinone, Sorbitan Sesquileate, Silver Oxide, Propylene, Carbonate, Parfum (fragrance), Methylparaben, Fagus Sylvatica Extract (Fagus Sylvatica Bud Extract), Hydrolyzed Yeast Protein, [+/- CI 77891 )titanium Dioxide), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides).

on 12/11/2009 7:37:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

after nearly half a year of using this product, i must say it has had its ups and downs! first off, i bought this because i was sick and tired of my almay foundation as it wasnt up to par anymore and i walked into sephora in hopes of finding the perfect foundation for me. i was not concerned about spending about $40 CDN for this as when i brought home a sample to try it out first, i was definitely impressed! i would say it has really good coverage and the fact that it had a pump made it even more appealing to me (i always have this paranoid feeling that germs are getting into open bottle foundations thus causing breakouts). in addition, it was easy to blend and lasted throughout the day. however, just when i thought i had found the perfect foundation, winter decides to stroll by and now i have dry skin which is definitely not a good combination with this foundation as it leaves your skin looking really cakey and flakey by the end of the day! definitely dissappointed me! although i must admit, i had jsut run out of the hd primer and have been using the foundation on its own on top of moisturizer so that might result in the cakey result?? who knows! i feel as a foundation, it just would work better with the hd primer. on its own, its really a toss up depending on your skin type. i give it 3 lippies as its still reliable for me in the summer when my skin isnt so dry!

I chose this foundation to use my $15 Sephora giftcard on. Love, love, love this stuff! This blows any other foundation I've tried, drugstore or high end, out of the water! The coverage is amazing....one pump is all I need for a full coverage airbrush finish on my entire face. And it looks so natural...other than a few dry patches that it's clinging to (which can be solved by better exfoliation on my part), I can't even tell I'm wearing foundation! Lasts all day too! I swear, I will continue to repurchase this until the day I die!

on 12/9/2009 11:51:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is def the BEST foundation i have ever used! a lot of foundations didnt leave a very flawless appearance like this one did, and it didnt fade out in the day like all the others i use do. The feeling of this product on your face is super light and barely there, and it makes it look like your not even wearing any foundation. Its amaaazing quality and def worth the money. like no other foundation ive ever tried! and im an nc42 btw

I have a pretty neutral skintone, I'm a MAC NC25-30 and I have this in 120, it's the perfect color! I have combo oily skin and this is not too oily for my skin and doesn't cause me breakouts (being that I religiously wash my face every night). It gives me a flawless finish and the coverage is bulidable. In my opinion, it definatley lives up to it's claims. This is my HG foundation. The only downside is it is pricey, so I don't use it everyday, I save it for special occasions or when I know I'm going to get photos taken of me. I alternate it with my less expensive foundations. Will definatley repurchase.

UPDATE 1/5/10
I had to take off 1 lippie from my original review because I noticed that after a few hours of wearing this, the foundation settles into the fine lines on my forhead, NOT a pretty sight. I was at a New Years Eve party, and exused myself to visit the powder room, and was shocked at what I seen in the mirror. The foudation had settled into the lines on my forhead, highlighting them. It made me look old. I felt self concious about it. Maybe I applied too much? Next time I'll be more careful to apply less in that area, and if I notice a difference, I'll update this review with the new info.

I also need to add that this foundation DOES photograph well.

UPDATE 1/14/10: I tried adding some lotion to it to make it less heavy and it just made my skin oily and still settled into my lines. I returned it. Maybe for someone with drier skin that's ultra smooth, this may work but it's not for me.

I bought this due to the hype on the makeup board, plus on the recommendation of some trusted MUA gals. I really tried to like it. What I *did* love about it: The packaging was classy and I love the pump. I'm NC20 and the shade 117 worked great color-wise. What I didn't love was that it amplified any & all dry spots on my face and really amplified the look of the pores around my mouth & nose. Even with a ton of moisturizer the pore problem was not rectified. So I believe this is not meant for anyone with remotely large pores or dry patches. And for a $40 foundation, I expected more--so back to Sephora it went!

on 12/7/2009 7:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love this foundation, i wear the shade 120 perfect for people that wear Mac NC25/nc30.
I apply the foundation with my finger i find that it better and give me a really good coverage.
Since in the winter i tend to have dry skin, the foundation is not oily on me and it dosen't make me break out .
For 49 something dollars canadian it totally worth buying it.
Would repurchase it :)

on 12/7/2009 6:32:00 PM

This is the best liquid foundation I've ever used. It matches my skin color perfectly which is hard to come by since I'm so fair. It blends like a dream. It gives medium coverage but still looks like real skin. I'm very acne prone and it doesn't seem to break me out. For me it's completely worth the 40 dollars.

I have to say though that it's best for "normal" skin. If your skin is super dry, it will cling to the dry patches and look cakey. If you're overly oily it will look shiny.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

im currently a c4 w/ strong yellow undertones in mac and im a 140.....this also worked for me when i was a c5...gives good coverage.....takes out most imperfections..love using this with a damp beauty blender....is it the my hg? no...shu still tops the list for me..but this foundation will still go on rotation

on 12/6/2009 11:03:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

I accidently purchased this thinking it was a different HD foundation, but so far I like it. However, I am kind of scared by all of the reviews on here saying things about breaking out because I have acne prone skin. As of right now, I like it. Coverage is good, texture is hard to explain but I like it compared to other liquid foundations I've tried in the past. My color is 135 and it matches/blends into my skin really well. I only put a little on my face, brush on some organic mineral makeup (afterglow cosmetics) and received compliments on my skin. I have only used this product for 2 days, so I will update this if I break out or my thoughts change about the foundation.

on 12/6/2009 12:12:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have dark acne scars and it's tough for me to find a decent foundation that will cover them. This one works pretty well, looks great for a loooong time with the powder! It is a bit expensive, but you get what you pay for. A little goes a long way! I have not tried MAC yet, which i may do once my bottle runs out. But I will definitely go back to this if it doesn't work out as well.