August 23, 2014 | 1778 users online

Foundations - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Foundation

rated 1 of 5 on 7/7/2009 7:05:00 PM More reviews by ogotham

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Oh god, looks flawless, I will admit.
But the area on my cheek the MUA at Sephora swatched the foundation on broke out within the HOUR.
I wanted to love it for all the rave reviews. :(

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2009 2:20:00 PM More reviews by allyshrn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I just bought this foundation, and i have to say ITS AMAZING! this is my HG! i apply this with a studio tools skunk brush from Target, and it turns out gorgeous! its so lightweight i don't even realize i am wearing any makeup at all with this! its very liquidy, i only use about 1 to 2 pumps to cover my face and some of my neck. it is just an amazing foundation, im so glad i bought this! i was hesitant to buy it because it was 40 bucks but wow! it covered my blemishes nicely, and made me appear to have a natural look, not caked on at all.
for reference: MAC NC25 in studio tech, MAC NC30 in studio fix plus foundation and number 120 in MUFE.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2009 7:16:00 PM More reviews by tsaraya29

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Oh how I long to love this foundation!! The MUFE HD 175 is PURRFECT on my skin. The finish and color are second to none. Beautiful coverage - even the dark spots. And one only needs to use the smallest amount - 1, 2 pumps at most. But, I'm 95% sure that this foundation causes breakouts for me, which is odd because so many reviewers did not break out and I don't think I have acne prone skin. I just need to use non pore clogging products.
Anywho, I didn't even get a chance to try it with the MAC 187 brush, which I want to do, but I used my Bobbi Brown foundation brush and that still gave me a superb look. My only other gripe is that while the 175 shade is dead on in summer (after I've been in the sun a while,) I haven't found a winter shade. The 177 is too flat and dull, 178 too dark , and everything else too light. I would certainly recommend for anyone to give this foundation a try, its a bit pricey, but if it works for you, its money well spent.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 7/5/2009 10:51:00 AM More reviews by lsp372

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really wanted to like this, but I just don't. The coverage is light to med and it just looks oily and greasy. It's funny since I have dry skin, and don't have this problem with any of the other like 25 foundations I own.

It also does not seem to be transfer resistant. If I hadn't paid the $40 price myself I would think this was some drug store foundation due to the quality. It also seems to make me break out like crazy. I don't usually have this problem with foundations so I am not too happy.

Also the color seems just not quite right. MUFE seems to have tons of foundation colors, but most of them are horrible. All seem to be either too yellow or too pink. How about some nice neutral colors MUFE? I also bought the "Your skin" foundation for Carmindy by Salley Hansen and it was all that I wanted the MUFE HD to be. I would highly reccomend it over the MUFE. It looks great in any light, covers well, wears well, blends well AND it costs like $12. (and it comes in neutral colors, but sorry not too many of the darker shades).

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2009 3:25:00 AM More reviews by LipstickCouture

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

An excellent foundation for evening makeup with medium coverage which can be built to full. With a MAC 187 brush and stippling it provides an almost airbrush look. Excellent for photography and i love that it lasts all day on my skin. I agree that throughout the day, my T zone used to become oilier with my combination skin so perhaps it is best for those with drier skin? It certainly has been less oily since i started taking roaccutane. One lippie removed for the fact it is expensive. Despite this...i believe in the product enough to repurchase.

I have to edit my rating to now 5 out of 5!!. I heard so many negative reviews about this product and thought that maybe my initial review was too positively biased from all the hype surrounding this product. So I gave this another go with a more critical eye this time....and I actually love it more than i did the last time. I swatched it with all my other foundations, MUFE F&B, LM oil free, shiseido...it just came out the winner. It allowed enough of your own skin to come through whilst providing medium coverage. There was also a sheen to it which i love, unlike shiseido which when applied, gives your face much more of a 2D look. In essence i love it - full stop.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2009 1:04:00 AM More reviews by jenn555

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i came in the store planning on buying the face and body and left with this one and after 3 months i still really like this foundation! i think i must of sampled like 10 different foundations before this one, too? it covers nicely, feels light and the color selection is amazing. i'm very fair with yellow undertones and 117 is perfect. my sister even went and got some after trying mine!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2009 3:50:00 AM More reviews by curein09

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have uneven skin tone, high acidity in my skin and matching foundation is challenging and frustrating. I was matched with #125 and I have been extremely pleased with this product. I even bought #128 to mix with it when I get darker in the sun. It is the right consistency and it covers real well. I have tried lots of products and am very excited to finally find a color and the kind of coverage that I have been seeking.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/30/2009 10:35:00 PM More reviews by kbah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I wear #120 and love the intense range of colours in this line of foundations. It's medium to full coverage, in a thin consistency formula. A little goes a long way and I apply with a MAC 187 duo fibre brush. The finish is natural, so a little dewy/satin. Its oil free and non-comedogenic which is why I bought it since MAC foundations broke me out like crazy!!!! However, strangley enough, this foundation makes my skin oily 4 hours or so in, which is weird. So now i'm going to try another foundation one this is done. I'm almost out, and this has lasted me 6 almost 7 months, I use foundation 5 days/week NO JOKE! I don't like how I can't see how much is left... the bottle is clear but the foundation sticks to the inside. I know since I have a darker shade I don't use and that bottle, you can see inside when the foundation separated a little. Definitely try this out for yourself and wear it for a whole day before committing to a whole bottle. Except for making my face oily and subsequently melting off my face, this would be HG. And so the search continues... If anyone has suggestions, please tell me!
I forgot to add that this foundation oxidizes slightly and makes my skin look a little dirty/ruddy.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2009 4:18:00 PM More reviews by MAC4Mel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love this product!!! I never thought I would use any other makeup besides MAC...but MUFE foundation is perfect. I am African American and my MUFE # is 177 (MAC NW40)....MAC to me, is too oily and yellowing for my skin...I bought a bottle of MAC foundation then a week later I bought MUFE...needless to say, my MAC bottle is still full and I just purchased my 2nd bottle of MUFE.
Its so light but it covers so well...I can't explain it! ALso, I hate when even guys can tell that you are wearing foundation, well...this makes me look like I'm wearing nothing...I always get compliments on my face. I used to apply with my fingers, then I switched to a brush, but now I use the blending sponge...a little goes a long way!!!
Definitely would repurchase!!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/29/2009 1:03:00 PM More reviews by aprlgrl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

the foundation does not cover really well. also the color matched when i was inside the srtore but when i got outside you could see the shade being differnt.. it was horribble