December 19, 2014 | 1581 users online

Moisturizers - Clinique - Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 1 of 5 on 2/7/2007 2:01:00 AM More reviews by missymaricel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Horrible product from Clinique. Yet again another disappointment from this "higher-end" brand. I have combination skin where my T-zone gets pretty oily, yet still manages to dry out and get flaky around my nose. I'd been using cheaper drug store moisturizers and none never really worked. I finally gave in to paying a bit more for a name brand moisturizer and figured Clinique would be a good candidate. This yellow goopy mess disappeared into my skin and left it feeling just as dry. It obviously didn't help whatsoever with my flaking skin. Thank goodness I only purchased the smaller tube version rather than wasting my money on the larger pump size. It was still a waste of money. After reading reviews for good moisturizers here on MUA, I tried Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream for a mere $5 and it solved ALL my dryness and flaking issues without clogging my pores and breaking me out. One pathetic lippy for Clinique.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/3/2007 5:10:00 PM More reviews by noodlynootoo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

What the hell is supposed to be so great about this product?? I found it really thin and certainly didnt feel like a luxury product ( which it should do, for the price!!)

rated 1 of 5 on 1/29/2007 6:41:00 AM More reviews by lemonade_sparkle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

I tried this as part of a skincare regime from clinique and within a week my skin was red raw and spotty. The assistant at the counter took the products back and refunded me. I have since been told there is a very high alcohol content in clinique products but I am unsure as to the amounts. I now use herbalism and gorgeous mosituriser from LUSH... my skin is lovely.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/27/2007 6:28:00 PM More reviews by lovekaj

Made me break out. I need oil free moisturizer. I really like Clinique's Dramatically Different moisturizing gel though.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2007 7:15:00 AM More reviews by bklyncowgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Wow. i was surprised to see so many negative reviews. i'm normal/a bit dry in winter. i first tried this lotion years ago when it was given to me and also rolled my eyes at the name. but then i was amazed and SO pleased w the product. it felt light yet creamy and for me did live up to it's name, although i would def save it for the warmer months.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/25/2007 10:12:00 AM More reviews by cody08

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

this is supposed to do what ? i have very oily skin and was given this by the sales girl used it once and threw it out rubbish

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2007 3:49:00 PM More reviews by kimberpoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

this moisturizer is for people who really don't need a moisturizer. it really dosen't do anything for your skin. I have normal/dry skin, and it didn't moisturize much at all. did not break me out, which was good. I had just a few tiny dry areas and even with tons of this on they were still tight and flakey. also made makeup I put over it turn orange. I have switched to origins skincare and love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2007 3:44:00 PM More reviews by GoshILoveYou

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My father bought this for my mother. She isn't much into anything we buy her, haha, so I decided to use it. I saw it in my Seventeen mag.. so I thought it would be okay to try. I used it and it felt nice. My skin was clearer and softer after just one use. About seven months later and my skin is still doing great using it. I suggest you buy the kind that goes with your skin type. I have normal skin so I got the normal/dry. I use it on wet skin after a shower. I think it was great.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/22/2007 5:18:00 PM More reviews by skyla_mom

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

How is this dramatically different? Compared to what? It's too watery, it stinks, kinda greasy too. The moisturizing effects i find are only temporary. My husband who can use anything on his face doesn't even like this moisturizer. This did absolutely nothing for me. Fortunately, i didn't break out or anything - it just didn't do anything! Sorry to all of you that are fans of this.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2007 5:34:00 PM More reviews by hannah4him

I can somehow understand the reviews on this product, but I don't understand why people are using this on their skin without even being aware of their skin type. I have combination skin prone to dryness more often than oily areas. I use this only on my dry eczema prone areas, and DDML does an excellent job of moisturizing. I use it under my eyes with no problems. NO MILIA! YAY! I've used eye creams in the past, but I would always get milia, but as recommended by BarbiH on the skincare boards I've been using this as an eye cream and I like the results. Please note that I do not use this all over my face. If I slathered this on my forehead and nose, I predict that problems may arise, but on my dry areas, this moisturizer is excellent. I haven't experienced breakouts either.