Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion [REFORMULATED]

2.7

Ingredients water ~Glycerin ~sesame oil ~(cucumber) fruit extract~ barley extract (sunflower) seedcake ~glyceryl stearate ~lanolin alcohol ~petrolatum ~FD
This product has been reformulated as Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion+ Please find reviews for this product here:

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Horrible product from Clinique. Yet again another disappointment from this "higher-end" brand. I have combination skin where my T-zone gets pretty oily, yet still manages to dry out and get flaky around my nose. I'd been using cheaper drug store moisturizers and none never really worked. I finally gave in to paying a bit more for a name brand moisturizer and figured Clinique would be a good candidate. This yellow goopy mess disappeared into my skin and left it feeling just as dry. It obviously didn't help whatsoever with my flaking skin. Thank goodness I only purchased the smaller tube version rather than wasting my money on the larger pump size. It was still a waste of money. After reading reviews for good moisturizers here on MUA, I tried Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream for a mere $5 and it solved ALL my dryness and flaking issues without clogging my pores and breaking me out. One pathetic lippy for Clinique.

What the hell is supposed to be so great about this product?? I found it really thin and certainly didnt feel like a luxury product ( which it should do, for the price!!)

I tried this as part of a skincare regime from clinique and within a week my skin was red raw and spotty. The assistant at the counter took the products back and refunded me. I have since been told there is a very high alcohol content in clinique products but I am unsure as to the amounts. I now use herbalism and gorgeous mosituriser from LUSH... my skin is lovely.

on 1/27/2007 6:28:00 PM

Made me break out. I need oil free moisturizer. I really like Clinique's Dramatically Different moisturizing gel though.

on 1/26/2007 7:15:00 AM

Wow. i was surprised to see so many negative reviews. i'm normal/a bit dry in winter. i first tried this lotion years ago when it was given to me and also rolled my eyes at the name. but then i was amazed and SO pleased w the product. it felt light yet creamy and for me did live up to it's name, although i would def save it for the warmer months.

on 1/25/2007 10:12:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

this is supposed to do what ? i have very oily skin and was given this by the sales girl used it once and threw it out rubbish

on 1/24/2007 3:49:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

this moisturizer is for people who really don't need a moisturizer. it really dosen't do anything for your skin. I have normal/dry skin, and it didn't moisturize much at all. did not break me out, which was good. I had just a few tiny dry areas and even with tons of this on they were still tight and flakey. also made makeup I put over it turn orange. I have switched to origins skincare and love it.

on 1/23/2007 3:44:00 PM

My father bought this for my mother. She isn't much into anything we buy her, haha, so I decided to use it. I saw it in my Seventeen mag.. so I thought it would be okay to try. I used it and it felt nice. My skin was clearer and softer after just one use. About seven months later and my skin is still doing great using it. I suggest you buy the kind that goes with your skin type. I have normal skin so I got the normal/dry. I use it on wet skin after a shower. I think it was great.

on 1/22/2007 5:18:00 PM

How is this dramatically different? Compared to what? It's too watery, it stinks, kinda greasy too. The moisturizing effects i find are only temporary. My husband who can use anything on his face doesn't even like this moisturizer. This did absolutely nothing for me. Fortunately, i didn't break out or anything - it just didn't do anything! Sorry to all of you that are fans of this.

on 1/21/2007 5:34:00 PM

I can somehow understand the reviews on this product, but I don't understand why people are using this on their skin without even being aware of their skin type. I have combination skin prone to dryness more often than oily areas. I use this only on my dry eczema prone areas, and DDML does an excellent job of moisturizing. I use it under my eyes with no problems. NO MILIA! YAY! I've used eye creams in the past, but I would always get milia, but as recommended by BarbiH on the skincare boards I've been using this as an eye cream and I like the results. Please note that I do not use this all over my face. If I slathered this on my forehead and nose, I predict that problems may arise, but on my dry areas, this moisturizer is excellent. I haven't experienced breakouts either.