April 20, 2014 | 1782 users online

Moisturizers - Clinique - Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2007 3:49:00 AM More reviews by baby_grazi_x05

As good as this moisturizer makes my face feel after I put it on and for how very LITTLE it takes...I think it's what caused my face to break out in big, painful zits on my cheek -- nooo! Thank God this was only a GWP size, so I didn't pay for it. I'll stick to my Clean & Clear!!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/18/2007 12:55:00 AM More reviews by uchiara

I don't like the texture of this lotion. I feel greasy after apply it. Gave it to my aunt!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/17/2007 10:41:00 AM More reviews by Oksanna

It is too greasy for my combination skin. Although it moistirizes my skin quite well, it leaves it too shiny. Will not repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/14/2007 4:08:00 AM More reviews by GreedyGretchen77

i used to swear by this stuff. i have combination skin that can get flakey during the winter. it made my face feel moisturized without it being too oily. but then after i stopped wearing makeup for a while, i realized this yellow goop was why i had so many whiteheads and blackheads.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/11/2007 6:04:00 PM More reviews by christina2679

Awful, I have a little trial sized bottle and I could not even finish it. Thank goodness it was free. It felt horrible on my skin, greasy and slimy. It did not absorb well into my skin and I only used a dab at a time to cover my face.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/10/2007 10:06:00 PM More reviews by liz103089

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have heard that this product is great for dry or dry combination skin, but if you tend to be more on the oily side, like me, I would steer clear from dramatically different moisturizing lotion. It contains mineral oils, which have been known to cause breakouts. A good alternative is Clinique's gel formula (Dramatically different moisturizing gel) which is recommended for oilier skin types.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/10/2007 3:30:00 PM More reviews by tangoveay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the best moisturizer I've used so far but not the moisturizer of my dreams. Since I have dry combination skin, I tried oil-free lotions but they could not hydrate my skin enough. I also used some oil containing creams and ended up with pimples. With this lotion my skin feels comfortable and it does not break out. It will be better if my skin felt silky also. My skin becomes softer when I apply the lotion mixing with a tiny amount of olive oil. I am still in the search for a better moisturizer. It is hard to draw general conclusions about Clinique products since they may cause irritations due to their heavy contents. Everyone should try a sample before buying these items.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/7/2007 2:01:00 AM More reviews by missymaricel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Horrible product from Clinique. Yet again another disappointment from this "higher-end" brand. I have combination skin where my T-zone gets pretty oily, yet still manages to dry out and get flaky around my nose. I'd been using cheaper drug store moisturizers and none never really worked. I finally gave in to paying a bit more for a name brand moisturizer and figured Clinique would be a good candidate. This yellow goopy mess disappeared into my skin and left it feeling just as dry. It obviously didn't help whatsoever with my flaking skin. Thank goodness I only purchased the smaller tube version rather than wasting my money on the larger pump size. It was still a waste of money. After reading reviews for good moisturizers here on MUA, I tried Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream for a mere $5 and it solved ALL my dryness and flaking issues without clogging my pores and breaking me out. One pathetic lippy for Clinique.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/3/2007 5:10:00 PM More reviews by noodlynootoo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

What the hell is supposed to be so great about this product?? I found it really thin and certainly didnt feel like a luxury product ( which it should do, for the price!!)

rated 1 of 5 on 1/29/2007 6:41:00 AM More reviews by lemonade_sparkle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

I tried this as part of a skincare regime from clinique and within a week my skin was red raw and spotty. The assistant at the counter took the products back and refunded me. I have since been told there is a very high alcohol content in clinique products but I am unsure as to the amounts. I now use herbalism and gorgeous mosituriser from LUSH... my skin is lovely.