October 25, 2014 | 1358 users online

Foundations - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 9/3/2009 9:18:00 PM More reviews by al218

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Ive gotten SO many compliments after using this stuff. I swore I'd never wear liquid foundation again, but this stuff is fantastic. No breakouts so far. I wish it were a tiny bit cheaper but overall im happy with my purchase.

Update: Wil not purchase again. I like Chanticalle.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/2/2009 10:09:00 PM More reviews by sarahnelson2005

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this product and returned it. I tried several colors at Sephora, but I ultimately couldn't find a color that matched correctly. I did like the coverage and the way it felt on my face. Too bad.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/28/2009 7:10:00 PM More reviews by pinchopeach

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

nc35ish mac with yellow undertones. i use #123 and it's a pretty good match. i first use smashbox photo finish primer, #123 foundation, and then set it with mac blot powder and it's okay. i've tried many foundation primers with this stuff and it looked different everytime~ i've learned that you've got to find the PERFECT primer to go underneath. i've got combo oily asian skin and smashbox photo finish saved my life! i find that this foundation can have a little slip to it, so i might have to look for something with better staying power for my HG.

update: i've returned this foundation for mac studio fix liquid foundation. MUFE HD came off within a few hours and looked horrible in photos. this stuff is overrated and the color selection is confusing.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/24/2009 11:40:00 PM More reviews by theprincessyessi

nothing special.
i bought it while i was in vegas and i didnt use till i came back to california & i came back with kinda dry skin.
i hateeddd it on my skin.
its like i put a whole compact of powder and i only used 2 pupms with my 109 brush & no primer.
i think that the mac studio fluid is way better.

but i think that its one of those products where you have to find a way to put it on, like with a certain brush or primer.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2009 2:27:00 AM More reviews by pshhdeex3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

i really wanted to love this product. im still not sure because everuything about it was great but i used it in the winter when my skin was super flakey and super dry (even put foot cream on my face) and this made the flakes stand out even more. but my skin is not that dry anymore so illl give it another tryy

UPDATE:
i bought this product again and this time since my skin isnt as dry its amazing and looks like im not wearing foundation! it doesnt have a dewey look, it just looks like the shine that normal clean skin has! and it just looks like i have flawless skin! LOVEEEEEEEEEE

rated 4 of 5 on 8/22/2009 2:46:00 PM More reviews by anshu7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

Let me start by saying that this foundation is my 2nd HG (First being MUFE F&B on good skin days)

I am NC25, MUFE F&B 20 and 32, and match to MUFE HD 120.

This foundation gives a medium coverage, buildable without getting cakey. What I like about this foundation is that even with a good amount of coverage, it looks pretty natural on. Not caked on at all. No SPF, which is a must for me because SPF doesnt photograph well

Comparison between MUFE HD & MUFE F&B
1. Coverage: HD is heavier coverage for sure. F&B is light-medium, HD is medium-full
2. Finish: F&B is more dewy as compared to HD. HD is neither matte, nor dewy. Its very natural, almost glowy
3.Texture: HD's texture is like any other foundation but thinner. F&B is a blobby jelly like liquid
4. Look: F&B is more natural. It doesnt look like u are wearing foundation. HD is more "polished"
5. Price: F&B 38$ 1.7 fl oz, HD 40$ for 1 fl oz (F&B is cheaper)

Basically the choice between HD and F&B boils down to the look u want. If u want light-medium coverage and a natural look, go for F&B. If u want a more formal polished look with a medium buildable coverage, go for HD.
I use F&B on no mu look days and HD on formal occassions.

For the record, I have used both these foundations over Monistat anti chafing gel as primer. Applied both the foundations with a skunk. and use NYC pressed powder to set it.

25 out of 25 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/21/2009 1:06:00 PM More reviews by patygurl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

great for wearing like once a month or for pics. breaks skin out like crazy with all that synthetic silicone. but, does the job and give a fake airbrush look, at least for an hour. then its all down hill. greasy and orange. colors are strange. for ex. 127 is for yellow undertones, but it has pink in it once it dries. anyway nc40 i mix 127 with 128.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2009 7:37:00 AM More reviews by Fieeeh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I am still looking for the perfect shade in this one (I'm NC20-25 in MAC, Budapest in NARS), I've tried 117, 120, 123 and 125 - I'm light-medium and have both yellow and a bit olive undertones (I have no idea where these come from, I'm Scandinavian!?).

But as far as the staying power goes, it's ok - it does get oily for me throughout the day, but with a blot or two in the middle of the day, it still looks perfect - and it DOES look like your skin, completely. That's what I love most about this, you can't see you have it on, when it's blended and you have the perfect shade :) I put this on with my POSH kabuki, and uses this brush for all foundations and setting powders :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2009 5:31:00 PM More reviews by yayitsanne

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This product is just so so. For what it does, I definitely don't think it's worth the price. It gives medium coverage, but on me I felt like it accentuated any flaws rather than covering them. It doesn't even conceal all of my uneven skintone and it really sunk into my pores. I like the fact that it comes in a pump bottle, but other than that it's nothing spectacular. It's not awful, but it's not an amazing miracle foundation either. If you're looking for a good foundation from MUFE that provides awesome buildable coverage and still looks pretty natural (no fuller coverage foundation is going to look 100% natural close up) try mat velvet +. It's cheaper, too!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2009 9:50:00 PM More reviews by Neume

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

UPDATED: I wrote a review on this a couple years ago and recently gave this foundation another go after abandoning it once it ran out. My skin has since changed. I am now just oily, no longer combo (dry spots are only in the creases around nose, which is chronic anyway) and with a newfound skincare regimen my pimples have cleared dramatically. I also have discovered a good primer, setting powder, and setting spray since that last time I used this foundation.

That being said, this foundation looks quite different on me now. Initial application is BEAUTIFUL! I literally look like an airbrushed picture, and have had friends comment that my skin looks flawless. It adequately evens my skin tone and covers the red patches around my nose without clinging to any flakey skin. It's lightweight and doesn't look cakey. As it was when I used it before, it blends seamlessly, has a wide color selection, and offers medium coverage. It will still settle a little bit into pores and fine lines, but not nearly as bad as powder foundations. I use the ecotools bronzer brush to apply it. So what to take from this? Well, basically I wouldn't recommend this if your skin is problematic - this is unfortunately one of those foundations that will deliver its promises of "HD quality" if your skin is already pretty good. If you're looking to cover up active breakouts, this is not for you.

My overall biggest disappointment is that even with primer, powder, and setting spray, it does not make it past 5-6 hours of wear. While it does not oxidize, I look incredibly greasy and need to blot and reapply (not even a reapplication of powder can save it). For a relatively pricey foundation, I would expect to get at least 8+ hours out of it, especially now that I've nailed a good skin regimen (I now moisturize my skin so I don't overproduce oil). So for that reason, I won't buy it again.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No