December 22, 2014 | 1863 users online

Foundations - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2009 10:14:00 PM More reviews by ggracebasa420

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I love this product a lot! I use to use the liquid lift formula until I got introduced to the HD one and i fell in love. i love how to doesn't make me look shiny nor does it give that oily feeling. Feels very natural and light and has great coverage in my opinion! I would definitely buy again considering this might actually be my HG for now! (you know we always try finding "better" ones!)

rated 3 of 5 on 9/15/2009 8:20:00 PM More reviews by Ogstar

Ok. So I bought this because I was in a wedding and wanted to look great in pictures because I tend to look more pastey. I really like it. It cover GREAT.
I use it like this: I conceal all the spots that I need and under my eyes. I apply it in circles and buff it out on my face with a brush. I then take loose translucent powder and brush it over. It stays and looks beautiful. I've even gotten compliments on my complexion and right now, with make up off, it looks TERRIBLE (thanks to mychelle cranberry cleanser). . Anyway, try it. If you don't like it just return it to sephora. I have oily skin and I love it. Hope that helps!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/15/2009 6:48:00 PM More reviews by MarifreakinA

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really, really like this stuff, and if it wasn't $40 for a 1.01oz bottle I would definitely buy it. The woman at Sephora gave me a make over yesterday because I was I was interested in the HD collection, so she used it as a foundation.
One thing, I LOVE the primer she used, it was the green primer and it just felt wonderful. I also fell in love with the concealer and will most likely buy it one day because it's cover is flawless. However, I have a cool skin tone and this gave my face kind of yellow undertones which gave me a morgue look. However, I was not wearing any blush. I think this is more for the working class woman, I think maybe if i was working with people all day and had to look my best, (like a pharmaceutical rep) I would definitely buy this stuff because it does offer terrific coverage and does not break me out or leave my skin looking oily like a lot of other foundations do. Great foundation, just not worth paying $40 for.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/15/2009 9:59:00 AM More reviews by Charito738

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am getting married in November 09 and I have been looking for the perfect makeup pieces to get the right look for both my bridal photo shoot and the wedding day. I gotta say that the finish of this product is amazing. This line of MUFE unfortunately, was the only one at Sephora that had a good match for my skin tone. I was really looking for the Face & Body line but didn't work out very well. But once I tried this on and went outside into the natural light of day my face looked so tender....I am yet to see how this will look in pictures and I will leave a comment about that result once I take them.

I am giving it 4 lippies because the color is not an "exact" match but darn close...and the price HURTS!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2009 12:50:00 PM More reviews by AP1234

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I just picked this up and I am in love! I needed more coverage than BE was giving me, so I decided to try this...plus it is Oil FREE!!

Two thumbs up!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2009 12:43:00 PM More reviews by patoots30

I love this foundation! This has light to medium coverage - I'm used to fuller coverage but this surprisingly works for me. This foundation looks so natural that it'll seem like you have the perfect skin (poreless and glowing just like movie star skin). I have fairly good skin (thankfully!) so I'm not sure if this will look good if you have blemishes.
I've been using this for almost three weeks now and I've had zero irritation so far. On the first week I've tried it, it turned shiny after a few hours (I have combination skin). My solution to that was to skip moisturizer and apply powder to set after foundation. I didnt have a problem since then. I havent tried it with the primer, that might help too.
Its quite expensive but the results are sooo worth it. I use this daily, I know it might be too expensive for that, but my skin just looks so good I couldnt leave the house without it. It looks wonderful on pictures and even better in person.
UPDATE: Okay, I still love this foundation even though up to now its really been trial and error for me. I've been doing a lot of research and its just different for everybody. I've tried this recently with HD primer to hopefully lessen the shine. It does work in that sense, however, it took away the glow which I really liked in this foundation. The primer seemed to make the shade lighter than it really is (?) or it really accentuated the color. Anyway, I am back to applying it straight to my face without anything before that (sorry I dont wear sunscreen). I also tried it with the super matte loose powder and it looked cakey. I sprayed with mist and fix and it eventually looked better after a few hours. So... if you want to make it look really natural like second skin, use with moisturizer (if you need it) or nothing at all. I still dust light powder over it because if I dont, the oil is just too much. And I dont even have super oily skin. The search for the perfect way to apply continues...
On a different note, I mixed revlon colorstay with my face & body foundation and it looks just awesome! Quite similar to HD foundation with lesser shine. I dont think it looks as good on camera/pictures though.
Why does it have to be so complicated? :)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2009 10:29:00 PM More reviews by alt629

nothing special about this one. i look for a fuller coverage, but i am also very fair (too light for NC15) and always fall of the end of the color line. no exception here. lightest color too dark, nothing else stood out about this foundation. very unremarkable. but at least this foundation has a pump!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2009 8:14:00 PM More reviews by jellybeankthxbai

I just started using this product and I have got to say that I really really like it. I went into a sephora and tried matching myself but thought that even the lightest was too dark, so i asked for some help, they used one of those air brush brushes and it blended perfectly with my skin, I use 110 and it just a tad darker, so im very pale. I really like this because its sheer, and it adds a nice glow to my skin, and i dont need to use barely any at all for the look that i want!
I jsut wish it wasnt in a pump, i feel like when i run out of it its going to be hiding some of it in the pump, and that ill be upset about since it is 40 bucks.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/10/2009 11:48:00 PM More reviews by jockiipopelectric

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Hate this hate this hate this!!!! It's making me break out and it only goes on smoothly with a primer. I thought it could be an alternative to my expensive dior airflash...but it isn't... I'm definitly going back to my airflash... so far it's the best foundation I've ever had and it healed my skin and acne scars... I can't believe people are ranting and raving about the HD Foundation all over youtube... thanks to them I'm now going to have to return over 100 dollars worth of products tomorrow... buying this foundation is the biggest mistake I've made makeup wise. It's just not worth $40 dollars... especially since it doesn't have that great of a coverage. BLAH BLAH BLAH.
goodbye.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/10/2009 10:28:00 PM More reviews by lovepotion9

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't get all the hype about this foundation. I went to Sephora needing a foundation and the sales lady recommended this one, so I got color matched in store. When I started using it, I noticed that it looked unnatural. Perhaps I didn't get color matched correctly because it made me look even more yellow (I'm asian so I have the yellow undertones). The concept of HD foundation is great, but this is a so-so product. It is medium to full coverage, but didn't cover my acne or marks good at all. I like my foundation to cover everything; I don't like using concealer. It also does not last so I had to do touch ups along the day. It doesn't blend well that way, either. I noticed in photos this foundation looks great, but in real life there was something off about the texture. This foundation is NOT worth $40, long live Revlon ColorStay.