Make Up For Ever HD High Definition Foundation [DISCONTINUED]

3.6

Aqua, Cyclopentasiloxane, Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate, Mica, talc, PEG-10 Dimenthicone, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Phenyl, Trimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Lauroyl Lysine, Dimenthicone Crosspolymer, Glyceryl Caprylate, Methylpropanediol, Butylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Cyclohexacyloxane, Methylisothiazolinone, Sorbitan Sesquileate, Silver Oxide, Propylene, Carbonate, Parfum (fragrance), Methylparaben, Fagus Sylvatica Extract (Fagus Sylvatica Bud Extract), Hydrolyzed Yeast Protein, [+/- CI 77891 )titanium Dioxide), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides).

on 12/17/2009 1:29:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

Edit: 02.10.10
Yet ANOTHER foundation that doesn't match my super-fair skin. Noticed too much pinkness with continued use. I have no match in MAC, only BB! Not buying again!

After Bobbi debuted her Skin foundation and I FINALLY found the perfect color match, I swore I would not jump on the HD band wagon. But after all the rave reviews and huge color selection, I just couldn't resist the urge. I received a 25.00 GC from Sephora and used it to purchase this in # 110, pink porcelain sight unseen. Now I have enough pink in my skin as it is so I don't need anymore, but if the formula is right, the slight pinkness shouldn't make me look like Miss Piggy (Lancome Photogenic Lumessence, I am looking at you.) Anyway, when I received this 2 weeks ago, I was very impressed with both size and happy about the pump dispenser. I noticed right away how pink the shade is in the bottle but I swatched some on my face and it blended in very smoothly with no lines or streaks and dried to a soft semi matte finish. Compared to BB Skin, the consistency is more medium and easy to spread. BB Skin can be too sheer for me when I am having a "bad" skin day. When my skin is sufficiently moisturized and I use the MUFE primer the coverage is almost perfect! It covers the redness around my nose and cheeks and evens my skin tone out nicely. 2 pumps works great with the Sephora #55 brush. I finish with a dusting of Guerlain Meteorites in Mythic Parfait and have smooth, glowing skin. While the shade is not perfect for me, I still like the formula and have not had any issues with itchiness or breakouts! I have sensitive skin with rosacea and a tendency to breakout. My nose still gets oily a few hours into the day, but I can live with that.
You really need to moisturize well and use the right primer, otherwise coverage will cake in dry spots, but I have yet to find a foundation that doesn't cling in dry areas.
All in all, this foundation works well for me and unless I find something better, I will repurchase. I also plan on trying the HD powder because that gets raves too. Mmmm......the lemmings never end!

on 12/17/2009 11:12:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

MY HG foundation...After many years of trying to find one, I tried this foundation and I love it. I am not allergic to it, great coverage, natural coverage, semi-matte finish, color match perfectly for the first time in my life...

on 12/16/2009 11:24:00 PM

I really wanted to love this foundation. People were raving about it, so I just went to my local sephora and was matched with 123.
I noticed that it was on the heavy side; but hey, my skin isn't perfect so I thought it woulnd't matter.
I only used 2 pumps, but it made my face look sooo cakey! I felt like my skin was not breathing anymore, completely washed out. I am returning it tomorrow.

on 12/15/2009 12:03:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I was one of those to jump on the band wagon for this! I herd too many fantastic things about it. I purchased this along with the HD powder. What a waste. First off the price is high and for my opinion mediocre quality. The pump is probably the only thing i like about it. It had NO staying power.Made my combination skin on my cheeks look dry,and on my tzone- it made it look too oily! The Hd powder along with the foundation made me look 'washed out' There are tons of shades, yet non to truly match my yellow skin without looking pinkish! In photos it looks no better than mu usual foundation. I took this back in 3 days and got a refund from Sephora. Never again!

on 12/14/2009 2:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

I so wanted to love this product ,a lot of review compare this to Nars sheer glow but for me it made me look washed out maybe wrong colour but it also broke me out and the makeup didnt stay on all day not a fan will stick to my nars sheer glow. :~(

on 12/13/2009 4:56:00 PM

My HG foundation. Tried many many foundations before in the past and this one works by far the best. Medium to light coverage. if you need more coverage use concealer, dont pack on more foundation, it looks cakey. To the people who dont like it because of their dry skin try moisturizing first and exfoliating, it will look much better with a moisturizer and primer underneath. Also the product looks best with the mfe hd setting powder on top. Finishes the look and makes it flawless. Only problem I have with this foundation is I wish it provided more coverage in the formula, but I am just use a concealer to cover blemishes anyway so it is not needed. I highly recommend spending the 40 bucks on this product, it is by far the best foundation I have ever used. I love it because in pictures and in real life it look so natural and like you dont have any make up on! I advise everyone to try it with a moisturized, primer, and the hd setting powder on top for the best usage of this product.

on 12/13/2009 12:18:00 PM

Great foundation. Not sticky. I use the MAC 187 & it goes on so evenly & smoothly. I have only tried it with a makeup primer first so I'm not sure if it will apply the same without the primer.

on 12/11/2009 8:20:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

i was extremely unhappy with this product when i first got it because it was the wrong color. i brought it in and exchanged it for my proper skin color. NOW I LOVE IT! its full coverage and lasts all day. it appears as real skin and is really hydrating. i would definitely rebuy this product. actually i have a gift certificate to sephora and this is exactly what i will be using it on. it is a little pricey but there is a lot of product and it is very worth it. BUY IT!

on 12/11/2009 1:58:00 PM

This foundation was so expensive so I really tried to make it work!
It is amazing coverage but unfortunately it makes my skin look gross, really makes my pores look huge when they're not and makes dry skin look awful !
My skin isn't even very dry !
I'm so annoyed because it was so expensive , and another thing is the Sales assistant did an awful job at colour matching me, even though this line contains lots of shades mine is far too dark .

on 12/11/2009 7:37:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

after nearly half a year of using this product, i must say it has had its ups and downs! first off, i bought this because i was sick and tired of my almay foundation as it wasnt up to par anymore and i walked into sephora in hopes of finding the perfect foundation for me. i was not concerned about spending about $40 CDN for this as when i brought home a sample to try it out first, i was definitely impressed! i would say it has really good coverage and the fact that it had a pump made it even more appealing to me (i always have this paranoid feeling that germs are getting into open bottle foundations thus causing breakouts). in addition, it was easy to blend and lasted throughout the day. however, just when i thought i had found the perfect foundation, winter decides to stroll by and now i have dry skin which is definitely not a good combination with this foundation as it leaves your skin looking really cakey and flakey by the end of the day! definitely dissappointed me! although i must admit, i had jsut run out of the hd primer and have been using the foundation on its own on top of moisturizer so that might result in the cakey result?? who knows! i feel as a foundation, it just would work better with the hd primer. on its own, its really a toss up depending on your skin type. i give it 3 lippies as its still reliable for me in the summer when my skin isnt so dry!