April 19, 2014 | 1539 users online

Moisturizers - Clinique - Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2007 3:33:00 PM More reviews by 0H2_FR35H

I've been using this moisturizer for over 2 years now and I still love it! This is the one moisturizer I've never had problems with for any season as my hydralane just doesn't cut it for the wintertime. I've never noticed any problems with greasiness, just a gorgeously dewy, glowy finish on my combo/sometimes dry skin. I find it to be a very light formula which absorbs quickly and keeps my skin silky and comfortable all day. I've found my Hg moisturizer in Clinique and will stick to it!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2007 6:08:00 PM More reviews by ihatespots

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i was reading such good reviews in cosmo htat i had to buy this...but it doesnt live up to it. it was greasy, even though i used the one for oily skin. i feel like i have wasted my good money on this, and at teh mo, its just on my table, using it as a hand lotion... *sigh*
    i guess it would be ok if u had quite dry skin tho cos it kinda works ok on my hands, quite rich actaully, but just too much for my face

rated 3 of 5 on 3/10/2007 11:50:00 AM More reviews by megrisen

I am 23 with combo/dry very fair, very thin skin. I used this back in high school and it broke my skin out, not in a rash, but with zits. I am trying it again and so far so good. I don't find it to be greasy at all, in fact, I think it could be a little heavier. BUT it does leave my skin very soft and smooth. I just hope for no breakouts this time. Its too expensive and its doesn't have an SPF, so I'll probably stick to my Purpose SPF 15 lotion which costs less than $7 USD.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/8/2007 2:58:00 PM More reviews by alu8

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The worst moisturizer ever! I can't believe all the beauty magazines tout this as the best moisturizer. It smells awful and has a weird consistency. There is nothing dramatic about it! I ended up using this on my arms just to use it up. I wouldn't use this again even if it was free.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/7/2007 11:44:00 PM More reviews by eaglecheergirl7

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I don't know why this is getting such bad reviews! I love it! I have been using it for over 4 years and have had great lucck with it. It is a great moisturizer for my skin. My dermatologist highly recommends it too. I must say it does leave your skin a bit greasy and it must absorb for a min. before you apply makeup. I love it for a night moisturizer! The pump bottle is a lot better than the bottle where you have to pour it out into your hand. :)

rated 3 of 5 on 3/6/2007 9:13:00 PM More reviews by AiMO

at first it worked really good, but after a while it was like my skin was immune to it, i kept putting on more and more and my skin still felt dry no matter what, for the price i can't afford to be using the whole bottle every day.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/3/2007 10:58:00 PM More reviews by julia_s

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I thought this product was good, but not incredible. It hydrated my skin (dry-combination) and didn’t cause any major breakouts. It definitely works well for those of us who need more moisture than an oil-free lotion would offer. I find that if I just put this on the dry areas of my face and stay away from my oily areas, things work out fine. Not a ‘miracle in a bottle’ but good enough to have me coming back to it.
    UPDATE: I'll have to decrease my rating because after using a Dove moisturizer I now realize that, in comparison, Clinique's is not a very moisturizing formula and is overpriced too!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2007 10:55:00 PM More reviews by jamejame

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm mixed on this. When I was younger - in my twenties and early thirties- I adored this moisturizer. I'd put it on at night and wake up with that glowy I've-been-having-fabulous-sex-all-night skin. LOVED IT!!! Now I'm in my 40's and it does absolutely nothing for me. And I know you're thinking "Well, duh, genius, you probably WERE having fabulous sex all night when you were younger!!" But actually it's way WAY better now and I'm not just saying that because my husband is reading over my shoulder. I think this is just a good moisturizer for young skin, not so much for older skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/24/2007 9:41:00 AM More reviews by Orena

Possibly the worst moisturiser I have ever used. It does absolutely nothing for my combination skin and actually seems to dry it out causing flakes in places I never had them before. I desperately want to love Clinique skincare products as they are always giving out lovely gifts with purchase but it just doesn't work for me (or anyone I know who has tried them).

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2007 1:29:00 PM More reviews by Sarita

This has such a bad rap but for me, it is a wonderful moisturizer for colder weather. It is not too heavy, not too light, gives me just the right amount of needed moisture without making me an oil slick by end of day. It hasn't broken me out yet and I am pretty sensitive and prone to breakouts. It works perfectly on my hard, dry patches on my cheeks.
    Alot of people have an issue with the scent, or lack thereof. It's not 100% pleasant, but I don't mind it. I have a 4 oz in a pump and sometime if I am not careful, I dispense too much, but on the whole it is good packaging.

Will definitely re-buy when I run out--will probably get it at the CCO ot GWP time. I won this with the 3-step in a raffle.

I want to try the gel for summer, but for cold weather, this will probably be a staple for a while.