October 1, 2014 | 927 users online

Moisturizers - Clinique - Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 3 of 5 on 3/3/2007 10:58:00 PM More reviews by julia_s

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I thought this product was good, but not incredible. It hydrated my skin (dry-combination) and didn’t cause any major breakouts. It definitely works well for those of us who need more moisture than an oil-free lotion would offer. I find that if I just put this on the dry areas of my face and stay away from my oily areas, things work out fine. Not a ‘miracle in a bottle’ but good enough to have me coming back to it.
    UPDATE: I'll have to decrease my rating because after using a Dove moisturizer I now realize that, in comparison, Clinique's is not a very moisturizing formula and is overpriced too!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2007 10:55:00 PM More reviews by jamejame

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm mixed on this. When I was younger - in my twenties and early thirties- I adored this moisturizer. I'd put it on at night and wake up with that glowy I've-been-having-fabulous-sex-all-night skin. LOVED IT!!! Now I'm in my 40's and it does absolutely nothing for me. And I know you're thinking "Well, duh, genius, you probably WERE having fabulous sex all night when you were younger!!" But actually it's way WAY better now and I'm not just saying that because my husband is reading over my shoulder. I think this is just a good moisturizer for young skin, not so much for older skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/24/2007 9:41:00 AM More reviews by Orena

Possibly the worst moisturiser I have ever used. It does absolutely nothing for my combination skin and actually seems to dry it out causing flakes in places I never had them before. I desperately want to love Clinique skincare products as they are always giving out lovely gifts with purchase but it just doesn't work for me (or anyone I know who has tried them).

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2007 1:29:00 PM More reviews by Sarita

This has such a bad rap but for me, it is a wonderful moisturizer for colder weather. It is not too heavy, not too light, gives me just the right amount of needed moisture without making me an oil slick by end of day. It hasn't broken me out yet and I am pretty sensitive and prone to breakouts. It works perfectly on my hard, dry patches on my cheeks.
    Alot of people have an issue with the scent, or lack thereof. It's not 100% pleasant, but I don't mind it. I have a 4 oz in a pump and sometime if I am not careful, I dispense too much, but on the whole it is good packaging.

Will definitely re-buy when I run out--will probably get it at the CCO ot GWP time. I won this with the 3-step in a raffle.

I want to try the gel for summer, but for cold weather, this will probably be a staple for a while.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2007 3:49:00 AM More reviews by baby_grazi_x05

As good as this moisturizer makes my face feel after I put it on and for how very LITTLE it takes...I think it's what caused my face to break out in big, painful zits on my cheek -- nooo! Thank God this was only a GWP size, so I didn't pay for it. I'll stick to my Clean & Clear!!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/18/2007 12:55:00 AM More reviews by uchiara

I don't like the texture of this lotion. I feel greasy after apply it. Gave it to my aunt!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/17/2007 10:41:00 AM More reviews by Oksanna

It is too greasy for my combination skin. Although it moistirizes my skin quite well, it leaves it too shiny. Will not repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/14/2007 4:08:00 AM More reviews by GreedyGretchen77

i used to swear by this stuff. i have combination skin that can get flakey during the winter. it made my face feel moisturized without it being too oily. but then after i stopped wearing makeup for a while, i realized this yellow goop was why i had so many whiteheads and blackheads.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/11/2007 6:04:00 PM More reviews by christina2679

Awful, I have a little trial sized bottle and I could not even finish it. Thank goodness it was free. It felt horrible on my skin, greasy and slimy. It did not absorb well into my skin and I only used a dab at a time to cover my face.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/10/2007 10:06:00 PM More reviews by liz103089

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have heard that this product is great for dry or dry combination skin, but if you tend to be more on the oily side, like me, I would steer clear from dramatically different moisturizing lotion. It contains mineral oils, which have been known to cause breakouts. A good alternative is Clinique's gel formula (Dramatically different moisturizing gel) which is recommended for oilier skin types.