Make Up For Ever HD High Definition Foundation [DISCONTINUED]

3.6

Aqua, Cyclopentasiloxane, Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate, Mica, talc, PEG-10 Dimenthicone, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Phenyl, Trimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Lauroyl Lysine, Dimenthicone Crosspolymer, Glyceryl Caprylate, Methylpropanediol, Butylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Cyclohexacyloxane, Methylisothiazolinone, Sorbitan Sesquileate, Silver Oxide, Propylene, Carbonate, Parfum (fragrance), Methylparaben, Fagus Sylvatica Extract (Fagus Sylvatica Bud Extract), Hydrolyzed Yeast Protein, [+/- CI 77891 )titanium Dioxide), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides).

on 12/23/2009 6:39:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love it. Feels like youre not even wearing any foundation. Not heavy at all and doesnt leave your face all caky. Does have a dewy look to it and can get really oily if you dont put powder on. Very very expensive (40-50$). but would definitely buy it again.

on 12/21/2009 8:36:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I was in Sephora and saw one of the sales reps had the most beautiful skin. I asked her whether she was wearing anything she pointed me to Make up for Ever HD. I am a Mac NC45, i went with 173, it is perfect for my skin.

The key to making the product work is in the application. I use only one pump and get great coverage (medium coverage), which looks natural, glowing and beautiful. When I wear this foundation i notice I get a lot of stares and people tell me my skin looks beautiful.

So this is how I apply it. 1. I take lotion (lubriderm, but any lotion will do), i apply all over my face. 2. Take a CD (compact disc) and pump foundation once onto the CD. (product goes longer since CD surface doesn't absorb the foundation). 3. Take your Mac 187 and lightly dab into the foundation. After each dab from the CD, dab the brush onto various places along your face. i.e. forehead, chin, cheeks etc. 4. Then use your 187 and buff. Do circular motions and you will have complete face coverage with just one pump. The product is pricey but it will last if you implement this technique, so you definitely get your money's worth.

I can't imagine using a liquid foundation with any brush other than a 187 or comparable stippling brush. I would imagine that you end up losing a lot of product.

on 12/21/2009 8:00:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

HG product for me! This foundation blends flawlessly into my skin and makes me look poreless! It doesn't cover my dark spots as well as my other HG, MAC Studio Fix Fluid, but I like the way it makes my skin look younger & smoother. I usually wear NW20 in MAC, and the 120 in MUFE HD is a good match for my skintone. I think it is a slight bit yellower than MAC's NW20, but since I have a light olive skintone, this shade works just fine. I use the MAC Prep & Prime Transparent Finishing Powder over this HD foundation, and it keeps my skin looking matte and oil-free for many hours. I will definitely buy this again.

on 12/21/2009 1:58:00 AM

Really wanted to love this foundation, but it was no match to my super sensitive, combination skin. It has a decent amount of coverage which was always buildable. I tried for about two/three weeks and realized it was the reason why i began breaking out. The ingredient talc and i do not combine. Back to my studio fix fluid, better coverage plus it works well with my sensitive skin. Odd? Tell me about it.

on 12/18/2009 3:39:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I bought this foundation specifically for photographs, which it's great for. It's also a perfect match for my skin tone, and there is a very large selection of undertones. I like the consistency and it's between medium to full coverage. I only use one pump for my whole face, anything more makes the foundation look cakey. It comes with a pump which keeps it sanitary, but sometimes you pump out more product than you need. I have normal to dry sensitive skin and I haven't experienced any breakouts. The foundation doesn't seem to be very long-lasting, but I haven't tried using a primer underneath. As an everyday foundation this is a mediocre product, so you might want to consider looking for another foundation that does the same job for less money. But this product is really great for pictures because it has no SPF, it's very pigmented, and it helps to diffuse light from the camera flash.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Okay, this product is way too overrated. I got a sample of it, used it and it broke me out the next day, but because of all the rave about it I gave it another try after my skin has recovered, and it broke me out again, so i know it is the foundation that is causing my breakout.The foundation has medium coverage, and in about a couple of hours of wearing it I get a sheer coverage and my skin turns quite oily, so much for HD and camera ready. I really don't like this product, there are so much better foundation out there.

I'm a foundation freak to put it frankly, I'm always trying/buying/ foundation. Gosh, I wanted to LOVE this product, because I loved how it matched me so well. I'm about NC20 in MAC and the 117 shade matched me very very well. I like a pretty moderate covering consistency for my foundation and I felt like it just.. for 40 dollars, it should of been a lot better and it wasn't. I liked that it felt light, but it also didn't really cover that well. It wasn't as thick as everyone had said (maybe a lot of you are just used to very light foundations) It's quite expensive and the staying power is no different than any other foundation, if not, less. I bought the Almay long lasting 16 hour and it's literally the SAME color for 10 dollars in Buff 02, so I'm happier with that and my wallet is happier.

on 12/17/2009 5:44:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I've been wearing this foundation for about 2 weeks now and I'm pretty impressed. No breakouts, very lightweight on my face, last all day and the color matches me really well (MUFE: 153 and MAC:NC42-NC44). I use one and a half pumps and use my MAC 109. This foundation is very pigmented so a little goes a long way. As for coverage, it's medium to heavy. I've used this without concealer and it doesn't covers all my blemishes but with concealer my face looks almost flawless. This also goes perfectly with MUFE's HD Powder, which i've had more a few months but never really used it. But when used on top of this foundation it's sooo pretty. Your face feels really soft and silky not sticky and shiny. Love love love. My only problem is the price. So I will probably purchase when there's another sale/discount code going on. I haven't really taken pictures with it on but i'm sure it'll look good. But this for sure has to be my favorite liquid foundation.

on 12/17/2009 1:29:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

Edit: 02.10.10
Yet ANOTHER foundation that doesn't match my super-fair skin. Noticed too much pinkness with continued use. I have no match in MAC, only BB! Not buying again!

After Bobbi debuted her Skin foundation and I FINALLY found the perfect color match, I swore I would not jump on the HD band wagon. But after all the rave reviews and huge color selection, I just couldn't resist the urge. I received a 25.00 GC from Sephora and used it to purchase this in # 110, pink porcelain sight unseen. Now I have enough pink in my skin as it is so I don't need anymore, but if the formula is right, the slight pinkness shouldn't make me look like Miss Piggy (Lancome Photogenic Lumessence, I am looking at you.) Anyway, when I received this 2 weeks ago, I was very impressed with both size and happy about the pump dispenser. I noticed right away how pink the shade is in the bottle but I swatched some on my face and it blended in very smoothly with no lines or streaks and dried to a soft semi matte finish. Compared to BB Skin, the consistency is more medium and easy to spread. BB Skin can be too sheer for me when I am having a "bad" skin day. When my skin is sufficiently moisturized and I use the MUFE primer the coverage is almost perfect! It covers the redness around my nose and cheeks and evens my skin tone out nicely. 2 pumps works great with the Sephora #55 brush. I finish with a dusting of Guerlain Meteorites in Mythic Parfait and have smooth, glowing skin. While the shade is not perfect for me, I still like the formula and have not had any issues with itchiness or breakouts! I have sensitive skin with rosacea and a tendency to breakout. My nose still gets oily a few hours into the day, but I can live with that.
You really need to moisturize well and use the right primer, otherwise coverage will cake in dry spots, but I have yet to find a foundation that doesn't cling in dry areas.
All in all, this foundation works well for me and unless I find something better, I will repurchase. I also plan on trying the HD powder because that gets raves too. Mmmm......the lemmings never end!

on 12/17/2009 11:12:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

MY HG foundation...After many years of trying to find one, I tried this foundation and I love it. I am not allergic to it, great coverage, natural coverage, semi-matte finish, color match perfectly for the first time in my life...