October 2, 2014 | 1560 users online

Foundations - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2009 10:16:00 AM More reviews by powderpaint

i love this foundation. i use a 155 shade and so far this is one of the best foundations ive used. it feels light on the skin and i havent experienced any irritations or breakouts (been using this for almost a month).
i do not use the standard foundation brush with this because it gets streaky. ive been using it with a mac stippling brush or the 106 brush (or sometimes my fingers) and the coverage is amazing, ive gotten complements on how fresh i look and how even my skin is.

will repurchase even if its a bit expensive

rated 1 of 5 on 9/4/2009 8:40:00 PM More reviews by heyitscarmen

There are three things I don't like about this foundation:

1). I'm a MAC NW43, MUFE F&B 12 or 26. There was no color that matched my skin in this line.

2). I didn't like the finish, I prefer a dewy finish and you could tell that I had foundation on.

3). The price - ridiculous.

The packaging is nice, comes with a pump but overall I don't actually use this foundation. I'll stick with Face and Body.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 9/4/2009 4:18:00 PM More reviews by ChelseaElizabeth

Expected much better, enhances dry patches and appeared cakey, even with moisturizer

rated 4 of 5 on 9/3/2009 9:18:00 PM More reviews by al218

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Ive gotten SO many compliments after using this stuff. I swore I'd never wear liquid foundation again, but this stuff is fantastic. No breakouts so far. I wish it were a tiny bit cheaper but overall im happy with my purchase.

Update: Wil not purchase again. I like Chanticalle.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/2/2009 10:09:00 PM More reviews by sarahnelson2005

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this product and returned it. I tried several colors at Sephora, but I ultimately couldn't find a color that matched correctly. I did like the coverage and the way it felt on my face. Too bad.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/28/2009 7:10:00 PM More reviews by pinchopeach

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

nc35ish mac with yellow undertones. i use #123 and it's a pretty good match. i first use smashbox photo finish primer, #123 foundation, and then set it with mac blot powder and it's okay. i've tried many foundation primers with this stuff and it looked different everytime~ i've learned that you've got to find the PERFECT primer to go underneath. i've got combo oily asian skin and smashbox photo finish saved my life! i find that this foundation can have a little slip to it, so i might have to look for something with better staying power for my HG.

update: i've returned this foundation for mac studio fix liquid foundation. MUFE HD came off within a few hours and looked horrible in photos. this stuff is overrated and the color selection is confusing.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/24/2009 11:40:00 PM More reviews by theprincessyessi

nothing special.
i bought it while i was in vegas and i didnt use till i came back to california & i came back with kinda dry skin.
i hateeddd it on my skin.
its like i put a whole compact of powder and i only used 2 pupms with my 109 brush & no primer.
i think that the mac studio fluid is way better.

but i think that its one of those products where you have to find a way to put it on, like with a certain brush or primer.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2009 2:27:00 AM More reviews by pshhdeex3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

i really wanted to love this product. im still not sure because everuything about it was great but i used it in the winter when my skin was super flakey and super dry (even put foot cream on my face) and this made the flakes stand out even more. but my skin is not that dry anymore so illl give it another tryy

UPDATE:
i bought this product again and this time since my skin isnt as dry its amazing and looks like im not wearing foundation! it doesnt have a dewey look, it just looks like the shine that normal clean skin has! and it just looks like i have flawless skin! LOVEEEEEEEEEE

rated 4 of 5 on 8/22/2009 2:46:00 PM More reviews by anshu7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

Let me start by saying that this foundation is my 2nd HG (First being MUFE F&B on good skin days)

I am NC25, MUFE F&B 20 and 32, and match to MUFE HD 120.

This foundation gives a medium coverage, buildable without getting cakey. What I like about this foundation is that even with a good amount of coverage, it looks pretty natural on. Not caked on at all. No SPF, which is a must for me because SPF doesnt photograph well

Comparison between MUFE HD & MUFE F&B
1. Coverage: HD is heavier coverage for sure. F&B is light-medium, HD is medium-full
2. Finish: F&B is more dewy as compared to HD. HD is neither matte, nor dewy. Its very natural, almost glowy
3.Texture: HD's texture is like any other foundation but thinner. F&B is a blobby jelly like liquid
4. Look: F&B is more natural. It doesnt look like u are wearing foundation. HD is more "polished"
5. Price: F&B 38$ 1.7 fl oz, HD 40$ for 1 fl oz (F&B is cheaper)

Basically the choice between HD and F&B boils down to the look u want. If u want light-medium coverage and a natural look, go for F&B. If u want a more formal polished look with a medium buildable coverage, go for HD.
I use F&B on no mu look days and HD on formal occassions.

For the record, I have used both these foundations over Monistat anti chafing gel as primer. Applied both the foundations with a skunk. and use NYC pressed powder to set it.

25 out of 25 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/21/2009 1:06:00 PM More reviews by patygurl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

great for wearing like once a month or for pics. breaks skin out like crazy with all that synthetic silicone. but, does the job and give a fake airbrush look, at least for an hour. then its all down hill. greasy and orange. colors are strange. for ex. 127 is for yellow undertones, but it has pink in it once it dries. anyway nc40 i mix 127 with 128.