December 20, 2014 | 849 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - NAKED

RELATED PRODUCTS

NAKED2: http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=148781/NAKED2-/Urban-Decay/Palettes

NAKED3: http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=167248/NAKED-3/Urban-Decay/Palettes

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2010 10:32:00 AM More reviews by TopNote

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Its a great palette to travel with since basically all you need for a neutral/smokey eye is available. But the shadows are just not the best quality. To me some are hard to blend, even a tad chalky. Really if you put together all of your neutral shadows(because odds are, you probably already have similar dupes of whats in this palette) it would be just as good, if not better. I would say this palette is great for someone who doesn't have a lot in their kit or is just starting out. But if you already have a large collection of shadows, buying this palette would be just extra, its not necessary.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2010 7:30:00 AM More reviews by xxomargaret

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

love love love! HG :) perfect for a kim kardashian smokey eye in a box .. seriously. i am all about black eyeliner with smokey eyes but i'm just too pale now and can't pull it off, and i don't feel like tanning is worth it. these colors give the perfect brown smokey eye for day or night time. the colors are beautiful and high quality.. tiffanyd on youtube/facebook has a great tutorial for this palette. love that it comes with pencils and primer too!! soo glad my ulta had a few of these so i can have new pretty shadows for the holiday :)

rated 3 of 5 on 11/30/2010 10:37:00 PM More reviews by Ohh_love

This palette is OK. My favorite colors are virgin because it makes a lovely subtle highlight, naked, buck, smog, half baked and creep. The rest of the colors are a bit too over the top for daytime, and i find that some colors are too powdery and there is sooo much fallout! I think that if you happen to see this palette go ahead and buy it, but definitely DO NOT pay the ridiculous prices on ebay. It is worth the price but that's as far as it goes.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2010 1:46:00 PM More reviews by kirstabelle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Okay, so I finally got this with a little help from a friend whose sister works at Sephora. I love neutral eye looks so I really wanted this palette. Now that I have it, I must admit, it doesn't really live up to all the hype. I mean I like it, and I will get a lot of use out of it, but it is not the perfect palette, and it is not going to suit everyone, and yes I still use my other eyeshadows, and no it has not converted me to an Urban Decay fan for all of the following reasons:

1. The colors: yes they are nice and I do LOVE several of them which makes it worth the $44, but they are almost exclusively warm toned, and some are SO warm toned they're not even going to look good on some people (half-baked, Smog) and there is a lot of shimmer/glitter in here (Sidecar) and there are plenty of colors i here that I would not wear to work (Creep)... I am not even going to use Sidecar , the fall out is ridiculous, and I know that is what UD is famous for etc, etc, but that only makes me wish someone else had made this palette. If there was just a bit less glitter/shimmer this would be much more useable by many more people. For example, anyone with crepe-ing or deep wrinkles under the eyes are going to HATE some of these colors (again, Sidecar).

2. Blendability: I agree with people who say the matte colors look a bit muddy, and I think those specific colors are hard to blend, which is annoying since they should be among the most useful in the palette. When I first started experimenting I did actually wish they'd included a darker matte shade, but then once I used the matte ones they had included I was glad they didn't bother.

3. Packaging/Travel worthiness: Yes chocolate velveteen is very pretty, but come on, this is going to look like total crap in a few months of use, especially if you are going to carry it around with you.

4. Dupability: If you are already a nude/neutral eyeshadow queen, especially if you have a bunch of NYX/MAC, you probably have a lot of similar colors to the ones in this palette. I actually kind of wish I'd just gotten the Nude on Nude palette from NYX. The Milani Liquif'eye pencils are GREAT dupes for the 24/7 pencils, and I actually use those just as much as ever even though I have Zero and Whisky now.

So, there you go. It is a nice palette, but I can't justify a perfect score for all those reasons. Sigh.

Update: I retract my comment about the blendability of the matte's I don't use UDPP and they work a lot better. And I love smog. I would buy that one as a single.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 11/30/2010 9:51:00 AM More reviews by Daysha

I really disliked this palette. Just too much shimmer for me. I've tried to work with it several times and still too much shimmer and fall out. There are a few pretty matte colors, but I found they did not last throughout the day. This is with using UDPP as a primer the first time and again the 2nd time along with a base. Very disappointed. The only reason I didn't return it is because I couldn't find my receipt.

19 out of 23 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2010 9:30:00 AM More reviews by Gizzyxx

I just wanted to let people know that despite this being a lovely palette and super user friendly etc....I have found a nice *almost* dupe for it, for those who cant get thier hands on this palette, or for those who dont want to spend a fortune on it on Ebay or dont want to swap thier life away for this.....

I have both the UD and the dupe and whilst I am going to keep both of them, I wish that I had the dupe first and then I probably wouldnt bother getting the UD!

The dupe I am talking about is the NYX Nude on Nude palette - seriously - it may have less colours than the Naked Palette but it packs a punch and its so much cheaper than the Naked palette, and is great and compact for travel - surely its worth checking out before killing yourself to get one of these UD babies??

:-)

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2010 8:50:00 AM More reviews by iloveurbandecay

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My HG of palettes. Amazing and sensational colours. It's going to take me months and months to go through all the potential colour combinations. And not one of these colours is out of place at work - so wowee kazowee. I bought this in Toronto in November 2010 and there are only a few left in the entire city - so act fast Torontonians!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2010 12:04:00 AM More reviews by suzannaelektra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

What's not to love? It's a great neutral palette, you can do natural or smoky and the shadows are very pigmented. Get it if you can...great price too!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2010 11:13:00 PM More reviews by coconut_ball

This is the only product besides primer potion that i own from Urban Decay.I had never purchased any of their single or palette eyeshadow before since i think most of their single eyeshadow is pricier than MAC and i didn't like any of the palette they came out with.
However, i am in love with this Naked Palette. Sure there're a lot of neutrals in this palette but i love neutral so yeah :).
The color Darkhorse is just gorgeous. I also like the mini size primer potion and the urban decay eyeliners that come with it (pretty great staying power and slide on easily). I also love Virgin as a highlight on my brow bone.
Overall, i love this palette and so does my sister. She currently keeps it so i might have to get a back up. This is a smoky eye made easy palette. Great quality and great price.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2010 6:59:00 PM More reviews by Kurohyou

I bought this palette because there were so many reviews and tutorials online for it, plus I tend to stick with more natural looks.

I am so glad I bought this product!! This is my first item from Urban Decay and I am very pleased!!

the shadows are the most pigmented Ive seen, and they go on so well! I love the range of colors too, you can do natural or make it smokey or dramatic if you like!

Love the travel size primer aswell! and I have to say the eyeliners that come with this palette are HANDS DOWN the best Ive ever used.

I like to use eyeliner for tightlining the upper waterline, and these are the only eyeliners Ive used that havent smudged off or transfered to my lower waterline (which I do not like)

Unfortunately this palette is very hard to find, and can be really pricey.... I got mine on Ebay for between $40-$50 CAD, because that was the only place I could find it at the time.

A lot of people think its discontinued, but Urban Decay has said they are bringing it back for christmas and possibly for good. :)

I love this palette and Ive used it EVERY DAY since I got it. Im even considering giving away my other palettes. HG for me. :D

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No