October 31, 2014 | 1550 users online

Foundations - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Foundation

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2009 2:16:00 AM More reviews by nattyngeorge

Let me start out by saying.. I went through hell trying to figure out my foundation shade in this! lol I am a MAC true NC40. I can also wear NC35 or 37 if I'm not as tan.. but for 90% of the year, I'm an NC40. In MUFE Matte Velvet I'm a #35 or #40.. both work for some reason and in MUFE Face and Body I'm a #34.. I also heard if you wear 34.. #6 will work for you as well. ANYWAY, onto the HD. I've been wanting to try this so bad, but the $40 price tag made me steer away a bit since I've been broke lately.. but finally I had extra money to spend so I decided to get this foundation. I have dry to normal skin. I actually have a mixture of cool and warm tones in my face. I have a bit of rosiness in my cheeks along with yellowness. Yellow foundations work the best for me and look the best. Any foundation with the tiniest bit of pink looks horrible on me and will not match my neck.. because my neck is golden brown. When I went to Sephora, the lady matched me to #150. I told her, this looks awfully pink.. I dont want a foundation with a pink tone. Then, she proceeded to tell me that it looks like I have beige/peach tones in my face and this color will compliment me well. And, that MUFE HD has a wonderful formula that will blend in with your skin tone and body chemistry. Meaning, if you put a color on your face that is a little off, it will adapt to YOUR skin tone and match. That sounded lovely and all, but I didn't believe #150 (called PINK beige) was going to be my HG color. I asked for a sample and took it home. It did somehow match my skin alight, but as I wore it for a few days I started to notice this color is INCREDIBLY pink. Just like I thought. I did some research and saw that lots of NC40 gals wore shade #153. When I tried that, it was incredibly dark and orange! I can't believe it works for many NC40's! Maybe an NC42-43 is what it looked like. I proceeded to try others.. #140 was too light, #127 was still a tad light with a hint of pink.. and AH! #128! The love of my life... This looked really dark in the bottle and I was skeptical.. but it looked like the perfect tan with yellow tones. So I tried it out for a few days and its the PERFECT MATCH! IF YOU'RE A NC40, GET #128! :) I since then bought the full size. I use my E.L.F Powder Brush to apply it. Lots of gals love the Sephora Platinum #55 Airbrush.. they say its AMAZING. I sometimes use the MAC 187, but I find that a full, soft, synthetic brush works better. You need to set this with a setting powder or else you will be shine city by the end of the night. I use MAC Blot Powder and it works great. This is one of my favorites! ***EDIT: I don't self tan as much as I use to and 128 is a little dark now.. I'm around NC35-37 and use 125 or 127. Both are awesome.

11 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2009 10:14:00 PM More reviews by ggracebasa420

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I love this product a lot! I use to use the liquid lift formula until I got introduced to the HD one and i fell in love. i love how to doesn't make me look shiny nor does it give that oily feeling. Feels very natural and light and has great coverage in my opinion! I would definitely buy again considering this might actually be my HG for now! (you know we always try finding "better" ones!)

rated 3 of 5 on 9/15/2009 8:20:00 PM More reviews by Ogstar

Ok. So I bought this because I was in a wedding and wanted to look great in pictures because I tend to look more pastey. I really like it. It cover GREAT.
I use it like this: I conceal all the spots that I need and under my eyes. I apply it in circles and buff it out on my face with a brush. I then take loose translucent powder and brush it over. It stays and looks beautiful. I've even gotten compliments on my complexion and right now, with make up off, it looks TERRIBLE (thanks to mychelle cranberry cleanser). . Anyway, try it. If you don't like it just return it to sephora. I have oily skin and I love it. Hope that helps!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/15/2009 6:48:00 PM More reviews by MarifreakinA

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really, really like this stuff, and if it wasn't $40 for a 1.01oz bottle I would definitely buy it. The woman at Sephora gave me a make over yesterday because I was I was interested in the HD collection, so she used it as a foundation.
One thing, I LOVE the primer she used, it was the green primer and it just felt wonderful. I also fell in love with the concealer and will most likely buy it one day because it's cover is flawless. However, I have a cool skin tone and this gave my face kind of yellow undertones which gave me a morgue look. However, I was not wearing any blush. I think this is more for the working class woman, I think maybe if i was working with people all day and had to look my best, (like a pharmaceutical rep) I would definitely buy this stuff because it does offer terrific coverage and does not break me out or leave my skin looking oily like a lot of other foundations do. Great foundation, just not worth paying $40 for.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/15/2009 9:59:00 AM More reviews by Charito738

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am getting married in November 09 and I have been looking for the perfect makeup pieces to get the right look for both my bridal photo shoot and the wedding day. I gotta say that the finish of this product is amazing. This line of MUFE unfortunately, was the only one at Sephora that had a good match for my skin tone. I was really looking for the Face & Body line but didn't work out very well. But once I tried this on and went outside into the natural light of day my face looked so tender....I am yet to see how this will look in pictures and I will leave a comment about that result once I take them.

I am giving it 4 lippies because the color is not an "exact" match but darn close...and the price HURTS!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2009 12:50:00 PM More reviews by AP1234

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I just picked this up and I am in love! I needed more coverage than BE was giving me, so I decided to try this...plus it is Oil FREE!!

Two thumbs up!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2009 12:43:00 PM More reviews by patoots30

I love this foundation! This has light to medium coverage - I'm used to fuller coverage but this surprisingly works for me. This foundation looks so natural that it'll seem like you have the perfect skin (poreless and glowing just like movie star skin). I have fairly good skin (thankfully!) so I'm not sure if this will look good if you have blemishes.
I've been using this for almost three weeks now and I've had zero irritation so far. On the first week I've tried it, it turned shiny after a few hours (I have combination skin). My solution to that was to skip moisturizer and apply powder to set after foundation. I didnt have a problem since then. I havent tried it with the primer, that might help too.
Its quite expensive but the results are sooo worth it. I use this daily, I know it might be too expensive for that, but my skin just looks so good I couldnt leave the house without it. It looks wonderful on pictures and even better in person.
UPDATE: Okay, I still love this foundation even though up to now its really been trial and error for me. I've been doing a lot of research and its just different for everybody. I've tried this recently with HD primer to hopefully lessen the shine. It does work in that sense, however, it took away the glow which I really liked in this foundation. The primer seemed to make the shade lighter than it really is (?) or it really accentuated the color. Anyway, I am back to applying it straight to my face without anything before that (sorry I dont wear sunscreen). I also tried it with the super matte loose powder and it looked cakey. I sprayed with mist and fix and it eventually looked better after a few hours. So... if you want to make it look really natural like second skin, use with moisturizer (if you need it) or nothing at all. I still dust light powder over it because if I dont, the oil is just too much. And I dont even have super oily skin. The search for the perfect way to apply continues...
On a different note, I mixed revlon colorstay with my face & body foundation and it looks just awesome! Quite similar to HD foundation with lesser shine. I dont think it looks as good on camera/pictures though.
Why does it have to be so complicated? :)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2009 10:29:00 PM More reviews by alt629

nothing special about this one. i look for a fuller coverage, but i am also very fair (too light for NC15) and always fall of the end of the color line. no exception here. lightest color too dark, nothing else stood out about this foundation. very unremarkable. but at least this foundation has a pump!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2009 8:14:00 PM More reviews by jellybeankthxbai

I just started using this product and I have got to say that I really really like it. I went into a sephora and tried matching myself but thought that even the lightest was too dark, so i asked for some help, they used one of those air brush brushes and it blended perfectly with my skin, I use 110 and it just a tad darker, so im very pale. I really like this because its sheer, and it adds a nice glow to my skin, and i dont need to use barely any at all for the look that i want!
I jsut wish it wasnt in a pump, i feel like when i run out of it its going to be hiding some of it in the pump, and that ill be upset about since it is 40 bucks.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/10/2009 11:48:00 PM More reviews by jockiipopelectric

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Hate this hate this hate this!!!! It's making me break out and it only goes on smoothly with a primer. I thought it could be an alternative to my expensive dior airflash...but it isn't... I'm definitly going back to my airflash... so far it's the best foundation I've ever had and it healed my skin and acne scars... I can't believe people are ranting and raving about the HD Foundation all over youtube... thanks to them I'm now going to have to return over 100 dollars worth of products tomorrow... buying this foundation is the biggest mistake I've made makeup wise. It's just not worth $40 dollars... especially since it doesn't have that great of a coverage. BLAH BLAH BLAH.
goodbye.