April 19, 2014 | 1792 users online

Foundations - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Foundation

rated 3.6(2086 reviews)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2009 12:55:00 PM More reviews by leylynn82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I like how a little goes a long way with this foundation. Two pumps of foundation on my palm and it covers my entire face! It even does a great job of covering my dark circles (although I do need additional concealer though not much). It lasts long and makes me even more photogenic!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2009 10:37:00 PM More reviews by al525

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Just want to share my experience on using this product. I have used other high end foundation such as La Prairie Caviar foundation, Sisley, Sheiseido, Channel, Laura Mercier, and I found that this foundation deliver great coverage, gives the photo finish result and it goes on light. I wear shade 125 and it's perfect for me. I didn't have to put too much and it cover all the imperfection. I love this product over the other high end ones and would highly recommend it and would definitely re-purchase it again.

Update: After a few weeks of observation of this product, the foundation appears to be very oily after I have it on for a couple of hours.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/29/2009 5:47:00 PM More reviews by deborahbrandon

Well, where to start with this foundation???
This is my second time using this foundation and I have to say that it is probably one of the worst foundations I have ever put on my face.
I dont know how it manages to give almost no coverage but still look cakey and gross. It sticks to every little dry spot on my face, makes me look like I have facial hair (peach fuzz) and does nothing to cover my imperfections. Aside from all of that, it looks terrible!! Especially up close. It never settles into the skin, so it always looks like you are wearing a TON of foundation as it is just sitting on the top. At one point, I went to rub my nose, and ALL of the foundation rubbed right off.
Not to mention that I had to lighten this by like 5 shades and this is the lightest one MUFA carries. Bummer.
I am really suprised to see it have such a high review on here, but I guess everyones skin is different. :) As for me, I would NEVER purchase this again, and am glad it was only a sample!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2009 6:32:00 PM More reviews by longhornsgirl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm almost afraid to say it, but this might be HG for me. I've tried every foundation imaginable. Nothing has stuck to my skin, made it look more even, and looked as amazing in pictures than this. I love the consistency when applied with my hands, it is easy to manipulate and blend into the skin. The color is perfect and I love using this in tandem with the MUFE HD powder.

5 stars for me!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2009 5:15:00 AM More reviews by mubeen

nc 42 skintone, Love this foundation.. wear it in 153 shade- Got yellow undertones and this gives medium coverage but I still use a concealer for scars.

I love this foundation..

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2009 7:23:00 PM More reviews by baileybabe7486

Pros:
Coverage is nice, has a sort of cashmere finish. Medium and buildable. Lots of shades available in several undertones. I have best results when I sort of buff this on with a fluffy synthetic powder brush. Does give very camera ready, photo finish.

Cons:
Price, yikes. Pump dispenser - you have limited control over how much comes out at a time.

Overall, it's nice and I will use it until it's gone. But, it's not HG for me, and Maybelline's Dream Liquid may even be better...

NW20 and I wear shade 115.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2009 10:57:00 AM More reviews by frenchconnection

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

When warm weather rolled around, I began searching for a new summer foundation to replace my beloved Armani LS. I was wandering through Sephora, and an MA raved about this foundation. I was skeptical, but bought it. WOW! This stuff goes on like a dream. The particles are very fine, and it looks simply amazing on my skin. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I probably will not go back to LS after trying this product. I tried applying with a regular foundation brush, but it looked too heavy. It is best, in my opinion, to apply this with a damp sponge. It holds up well on my oily t-zone. My only real gripe is the packaging. I don't care for the sealed pump system.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2009 2:32:00 AM More reviews by Girlfit

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I wear this in number 110. I would have bought the lighter shade, but it is so pink, it looked very Pepto Bismol to me. I am fairly oily (on a 1-10 scale, 10 being so oily you could cook food on your face type oily, I am about a 7.5. I still use blotting sheets in the winter). If you are that level of oily, NOTHING, I mean NOTHING will keep from separating to some extent on your face (I find that powder foundations are the WORST for that). I normally wear the Face and Body, and love it. I am prone to acne, and cystic ones at that. But because I use awesome skincare, my skin is positively nearly perfect as is. Like they say, you can not turn a turd into a chocolate sundae. To get a great makeup application, you need to have some semblance of good skin first. Makeup can only do so much. Proper skin health always takes precendance. Anyway. I wore this the other day and two different people told me "your skin looks amazing". It really did look perfect. I would buy this and recommend this to others.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2009 2:18:00 AM More reviews by Lilo1013

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I did not like this foundation at all. I am a LM oil-free foundation user and decided to try a new foundation. The SA at Sephora recommended this foundation in shade 118 (I am NC25/ sunny beige for reference) and had wonderful things to say about it.
I tried it for a week and noticed it did not cover well, the shade looked funny on me at the end of the day and it broke me out after about 5 days of use. Not horrible big pimples but little irritating ones that changed the texture of my skin. I really wanted this one to work out aftre reading all the promising reviews but I had to return it. Everything about this foundation was negative for me. If they gave it to me for free I still wouldnt use it.
I did like the bottle design though. But thats about it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2009 2:10:00 AM More reviews by Burningdesir3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I think I've finally found my hg liquid foundation.. I've tried so many and I have not been able to find the one for so long now. I usually wear mineral foundation, but I need liquid foundation for those days when I need maximum coverage. I just finished using up my BB oil free foundation, which I was okay with, and decided to give this one a try. I've only asked for a sample because I have a tendency to break out with a lot of liquid foundations so I needed to test it out first before I committed. It's been almost a week now and I'm sooo completely satisfied with it =) The first thing I noticed when I first used it was the texture - so amazingly light !! This is awesome for my oily skin. I just took a small dab onto my foundation brush and it covered almost half my face.. so a little bit goes a long way. The coverage is medium with just the one layer and its buildable for full coverage. I found a good colour match but then I just recently got really tanned over the last couple of days so I'm gonna have to end up purchasing a darker shade. My once NC25-30 skin was a good match with MUFE 140. I think I'm gonna switch to 153 or 155 now cause of my tan. Best of all.. no breakouts =D (but it is still a bit early to tell really but if I do breakout from foundation, it'd be the next day). The SA told me that she hasn't heard from others who have broken out from this so it should be good.Ask for a sample first to give it a try! I am totally in loveee and I think it is well worth the money!