Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion [REFORMULATED]

Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion  [REFORMULATED]

2.7

Ingredients water ~Glycerin ~sesame oil ~(cucumber) fruit extract~ barley extract (sunflower) seedcake ~glyceryl stearate ~lanolin alcohol ~petrolatum ~FD
This product has been reformulated as Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion+ Please find reviews for this product here:

on 3/31/2007 6:12:00 AM

I've been using this for at least ten years - started in high school - and have never considered switching to anything else. When I've run out of it occasionally and had to use other face moisturizers, nothing has quite compared. My skin kind of drinks it in and feels moisturized all day, despite the lightness of the formula. I don't know what all the fuss is about - I obviously love this product.

on 3/31/2007 12:49:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I had a bad experience with this product. I have dry skin with exema, but not on the face. When I used this lotion it was okay, kind of thin. The next day my face BROKE OUT, like I had RASHES, BUMPS all over my face! It apparently ruined MY FACE. Maybe its just me because I have sensitive skin and some type of allergic reaction? I would definantly never buy this product again.

on 3/30/2007 2:12:00 AM

I'm glad I got this free with a purchase I made because it left my face greasy and I started breaking out really bad right away, will not buy again

on 3/29/2007 11:19:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

My HG moisturiser of all time. It really hydrates my dry sensitive skin and best of all no nasty breakouts or irritation. I always use this after showering in the morning and after cleansing at night, my face absorbs it best when it's wet. Although this moisturiser doesn't 'feel' that moisturising when you put it on, it is only moisturiser which has totally eliminated any dry patches. (I've tried much heavier moisturisers and they've failed to do this.) I also love that it's gentle enough to use on the eyes. Thank you Clinique, it's a God-send!FYI: don't bother with the three step programme, the other two products are rubbish. I think this moisturiser has been underrated because people have been using it as part of the three step. I would not recommend this to people with oily skin. continued >>

on 3/26/2007 7:27:00 PM

I have combination skin and have used the 3-step system, which includes the DDML. Although it feels very sheer and light on my face when I first put it on, it doesn't moisturize well enough. After a few minutes of applying the lotion and standing in natural light, I'd still see a lot of dry spots on my face and end up having to apply some thicker lotion on top of that just to get rid of the dryness.

So listen. When I was in in 7th grade (1979) I went to summer camp and a homely rich girl had the Clinique three step program. I was so jealous!! I swore that when I got home from camp, I was going to save my babysitting money and buy that set! I think I finally got it in ninth grade (1981) and felt so preppy trendy!!! Loved the packaging because it made me feel cool with it's preppy green color.

Well.. I'm 41 now and I only told you all this to say, that to my knowledge this is the same classic formula in the three step program. Are you trying to tell me that through the advances in skincare, research and bazillion dollars spent for the betterment of women's skins, this product is still a relevant?

The moisturizer is slimy with MINERAL OIL, the soap is drying and it's SOAP! The step two is burn-y (was when I was A teen too). I'm just saying... Is there alcohol in that toner???? Who's idea was that?

Who is Clinique marketing this to? I don't believe teenagers are buying this, maybe they are. The magazine ads are really good, cool.

Not a fan of this product..bleh!! I compare it to cheap drugstore skincare.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is an ironic review. Look at my other reviews for Clinique skincare. "The ddml is crap". Says me! So I got a rather generous sample of it at bonus time and thought "ugh i won't be using that".
Funny that i've reached for this stuff EVERY single day so far - firstly just out of curiosity and then on finding that it was actually brilliant! I use the dry combo and it's great. I love it with the clarifying lotion. It's great.

I honestly think all the negative reviews are for several reasons

1. The stuff DOES have crap ingredients (that must work for me!) and the oil makes some people break out or have allergies.
2. Because people think that they are one skin type when they are actually another. I have been using very heavy moisturisers on what i perceive to be dry skin, little do i realise that actually i'm quite prone to breaking out (but my pill stops it) and i'm probably more combo skin because I LOOK oily but FEEL dry.

So... all in all I think i will buy a full size of this stuff, i still don't condone the use of sh1t ingredients, neither do i think it's DRAMATICALLY different, but i do think it works well with the 3 step plan and I like it!

on 3/19/2007 5:59:00 PM

I know people that swear by this but I think it's a rip-off. They're are drugstore brands that do the same job for a lot less money. Plus, if you have combination or oily skin you're asking for a truckload of acne. This stuff is greasy!

on 3/15/2007 6:06:00 AM

I tried 3-steps products of Clinique, but I was so disappointed. The face soap is like the cheapest unscented simple soap, the tonic feels like pure alcohol, nothing else, and the moisturiser is also nothing worth. They are like products of a cheap, "no-name" brand.

on 3/15/2007 3:42:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This does have a bit of a greasy feel to it after you apply it, but for older skins (especially in a dry climate like Arizona) it's perfect. My mother loves it. I think it gets a bad rap. Not every product is meant to be used by teenagers. Some of us have older, drier skin that soaks this stuff up. That said, it's not a moisturizer I use, but I don't dislike it either.

Popular Moisturizers