April 21, 2014 | 1345 users online

Moisturizers - Clinique - Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2007 11:44:00 PM More reviews by happy_peep

I love this lotion. Like another poster said, my skin seems to "drink" the lotion. It's fragrance free and always leaves my face feeling soft and ready for make up.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/4/2007 1:11:00 PM More reviews by cbatten80

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have very sensitive/combination skin. I've been told that I should use skincare products made specifically for asian skin (I'm half asian/half caucasian), but... they're hard to come by, usually requiring online purchases and additional shipping fee's. I have a lot of friends who swear by Clinique's Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion and figured I'd give it a try. The lady behind the counter assured me that it was a very good product for sensitive skin, and the first day I used it I was very impressed. I was really happy that it didn't leave me with an oily after affect that I sometimes get with other lotions. The second day I noticed that my browbone was slightly 'pink' and a little swollen. At first, I didn't attribute it to the lotion. The skin around my eyes actually looked in 'need' of moisture (which I attributed to dry weather), so I simply reapplied my new lotion. Big Mistake!! By Day three, my eyelids (up to my eyebrows and down towards my cheeks) were very red, had a scaly like appearance and were sore. It actually looked like I had burns on my face (and during the healing process, some spots turned into small scabs, which luckily did not leave me with any scars). I still love you Clinique, but I will NOT use this product again, and would not recommend this to anyone with sensitive skin. I'll stick to ordering my Laneige products online for now.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2007 9:38:00 AM More reviews by kissed_a_lil_mischief

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm a Clinique girl and adore all their products since they manage to keep my skin clear and glowing, without the huge price tag. This moisturiser it really strange though because when you rub it into your skin its as if its evapourated. Skin does not feel greasy either. I love it!! I admit though, to get the best results, you should mix this with the Superdense spf moisturiser too.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/3/2007 5:27:00 PM More reviews by baklava

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Simply put, this is a very thin moisturizer for me also. NO BREAKOUTS witnessed, fortunately, however, the moisturizer soaks/absorbs SO QUICKLY it literally just disappears. At first I thought the quick absorption was great (no greasy sensation) but literally my skin still has that "barely moisturized" sensation. That's not enough to suffice for me considering that the $6 Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream (in the green squeeze tube) completely seals my skin's moisture in like nothing else.
    (the caveat w/ Cetaphil's being there are no other beneficial ingredients in this cream, so it will NOT provide antioxidants, vitamins, preventative aging, so I'd have to LAYER another SPF on top of that, then LAYER another antioxidant cream on top of that, etc, etc, etc, which in the end disconcerts me b/c 3 layers of emollients on sensitive, acne-prone skin does NOT sound like a good idea)

I give it 4 stars b/c it does balance well with Clinique's 3 step system, and either this, or the combination of this along with the #2 toner, cleared up my acne for the past 6 months, a feat no other product has ever accomplished, even LUSH's coalface/ fresh farmacy, Sephora's DDF, Murad, and other !@#$ expensive Dermatologists-Gone-Entrepreneurs line.
    Furthermore I can get this DDML dirt cheap online, or free with GWP's.Overall, I rename this in my book as Dramatically Generic Moisturizing Lotion. Does NOT break me out, moisturizes just BARELY, and provides little else. continued >>

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2007 3:20:00 PM More reviews by HollyMarie

The worst moisturizer for any kind of acne/combo skin. Feels great the first few days and then it just seems to build up and produce acne! May work good for dry skin or mature skin but even at 33 I cant go near it. There are so many better moisturizers out there. Like Clinique makeup but the skincare line just doesnt work for me! EDIT:: Ok- tried this again but I think this time I got the right type for my skin (Combo/dry) I must say I have enjoyed this-of course it just moisturizes there is no special **extras in it. But it does balance it out-but I do not use this on my chin-I got a sample of the DDMG and use that on my chin only and that works better-

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2007 6:12:00 AM More reviews by katesmiley

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using this for at least ten years - started in high school - and have never considered switching to anything else. When I've run out of it occasionally and had to use other face moisturizers, nothing has quite compared. My skin kind of drinks it in and feels moisturized all day, despite the lightness of the formula. I don't know what all the fuss is about - I obviously love this product.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/31/2007 12:49:00 AM More reviews by babyyygirleee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I had a bad experience with this product. I have dry skin with exema, but not on the face. When I used this lotion it was okay, kind of thin. The next day my face BROKE OUT, like I had RASHES, BUMPS all over my face! It apparently ruined MY FACE. Maybe its just me because I have sensitive skin and some type of allergic reaction? I would definantly never buy this product again.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/30/2007 2:12:00 AM More reviews by rox011

I'm glad I got this free with a purchase I made because it left my face greasy and I started breaking out really bad right away, will not buy again

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2007 11:19:00 AM More reviews by rosefleur

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My HG moisturiser of all time. It really hydrates my dry sensitive skin and best of all no nasty breakouts or irritation. I always use this after showering in the morning and after cleansing at night, my face absorbs it best when it's wet. Although this moisturiser doesn't 'feel' that moisturising when you put it on, it is only moisturiser which has totally eliminated any dry patches. (I've tried much heavier moisturisers and they've failed to do this.) I also love that it's gentle enough to use on the eyes. Thank you Clinique, it's a God-send!FYI: don't bother with the three step programme, the other two products are rubbish. I think this moisturiser has been underrated because people have been using it as part of the three step. I would not recommend this to people with oily skin. continued >>

rated 3 of 5 on 3/26/2007 7:27:00 PM More reviews by Lovee1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have combination skin and have used the 3-step system, which includes the DDML. Although it feels very sheer and light on my face when I first put it on, it doesn't moisturize well enough. After a few minutes of applying the lotion and standing in natural light, I'd still see a lot of dry spots on my face and end up having to apply some thicker lotion on top of that just to get rid of the dryness.