September 1, 2014 | 1918 users online

Moisturizers - Clinique - Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 3 of 5 on 4/3/2007 5:27:00 PM More reviews by baklava

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Simply put, this is a very thin moisturizer for me also. NO BREAKOUTS witnessed, fortunately, however, the moisturizer soaks/absorbs SO QUICKLY it literally just disappears. At first I thought the quick absorption was great (no greasy sensation) but literally my skin still has that "barely moisturized" sensation. That's not enough to suffice for me considering that the $6 Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream (in the green squeeze tube) completely seals my skin's moisture in like nothing else.
    (the caveat w/ Cetaphil's being there are no other beneficial ingredients in this cream, so it will NOT provide antioxidants, vitamins, preventative aging, so I'd have to LAYER another SPF on top of that, then LAYER another antioxidant cream on top of that, etc, etc, etc, which in the end disconcerts me b/c 3 layers of emollients on sensitive, acne-prone skin does NOT sound like a good idea)

I give it 4 stars b/c it does balance well with Clinique's 3 step system, and either this, or the combination of this along with the #2 toner, cleared up my acne for the past 6 months, a feat no other product has ever accomplished, even LUSH's coalface/ fresh farmacy, Sephora's DDF, Murad, and other !@#$ expensive Dermatologists-Gone-Entrepreneurs line.
    Furthermore I can get this DDML dirt cheap online, or free with GWP's.Overall, I rename this in my book as Dramatically Generic Moisturizing Lotion. Does NOT break me out, moisturizes just BARELY, and provides little else. continued >>

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2007 3:20:00 PM More reviews by HollyMarie

The worst moisturizer for any kind of acne/combo skin. Feels great the first few days and then it just seems to build up and produce acne! May work good for dry skin or mature skin but even at 33 I cant go near it. There are so many better moisturizers out there. Like Clinique makeup but the skincare line just doesnt work for me! EDIT:: Ok- tried this again but I think this time I got the right type for my skin (Combo/dry) I must say I have enjoyed this-of course it just moisturizes there is no special **extras in it. But it does balance it out-but I do not use this on my chin-I got a sample of the DDMG and use that on my chin only and that works better-

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2007 6:12:00 AM More reviews by katesmiley

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using this for at least ten years - started in high school - and have never considered switching to anything else. When I've run out of it occasionally and had to use other face moisturizers, nothing has quite compared. My skin kind of drinks it in and feels moisturized all day, despite the lightness of the formula. I don't know what all the fuss is about - I obviously love this product.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/31/2007 12:49:00 AM More reviews by babyyygirleee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I had a bad experience with this product. I have dry skin with exema, but not on the face. When I used this lotion it was okay, kind of thin. The next day my face BROKE OUT, like I had RASHES, BUMPS all over my face! It apparently ruined MY FACE. Maybe its just me because I have sensitive skin and some type of allergic reaction? I would definantly never buy this product again.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/30/2007 2:12:00 AM More reviews by rox011

I'm glad I got this free with a purchase I made because it left my face greasy and I started breaking out really bad right away, will not buy again

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2007 11:19:00 AM More reviews by rosefleur

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My HG moisturiser of all time. It really hydrates my dry sensitive skin and best of all no nasty breakouts or irritation. I always use this after showering in the morning and after cleansing at night, my face absorbs it best when it's wet. Although this moisturiser doesn't 'feel' that moisturising when you put it on, it is only moisturiser which has totally eliminated any dry patches. (I've tried much heavier moisturisers and they've failed to do this.) I also love that it's gentle enough to use on the eyes. Thank you Clinique, it's a God-send!FYI: don't bother with the three step programme, the other two products are rubbish. I think this moisturiser has been underrated because people have been using it as part of the three step. I would not recommend this to people with oily skin. continued >>

rated 3 of 5 on 3/26/2007 7:27:00 PM More reviews by Lovee1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have combination skin and have used the 3-step system, which includes the DDML. Although it feels very sheer and light on my face when I first put it on, it doesn't moisturize well enough. After a few minutes of applying the lotion and standing in natural light, I'd still see a lot of dry spots on my face and end up having to apply some thicker lotion on top of that just to get rid of the dryness.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2007 7:52:00 PM More reviews by carriespooner

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

So listen. When I was in in 7th grade (1979) I went to summer camp and a homely rich girl had the Clinique three step program. I was so jealous!! I swore that when I got home from camp, I was going to save my babysitting money and buy that set! I think I finally got it in ninth grade (1981) and felt so preppy trendy!!! Loved the packaging because it made me feel cool with it's preppy green color.

Well.. I'm 41 now and I only told you all this to say, that to my knowledge this is the same classic formula in the three step program. Are you trying to tell me that through the advances in skincare, research and bazillion dollars spent for the betterment of women's skins, this product is still a relevant?

The moisturizer is slimy with MINERAL OIL, the soap is drying and it's SOAP! The step two is burn-y (was when I was A teen too). I'm just saying... Is there alcohol in that toner???? Who's idea was that?

Who is Clinique marketing this to? I don't believe teenagers are buying this, maybe they are. The magazine ads are really good, cool.

Not a fan of this product..bleh!! I compare it to cheap drugstore skincare.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2007 6:22:00 AM More reviews by Metalbabe1984

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is an ironic review. Look at my other reviews for Clinique skincare. "The ddml is crap". Says me! So I got a rather generous sample of it at bonus time and thought "ugh i won't be using that".
    Funny that i've reached for this stuff EVERY single day so far - firstly just out of curiosity and then on finding that it was actually brilliant! I use the dry combo and it's great. I love it with the clarifying lotion. It's great.

I honestly think all the negative reviews are for several reasons

1. The stuff DOES have crap ingredients (that must work for me!) and the oil makes some people break out or have allergies.
    2. Because people think that they are one skin type when they are actually another. I have been using very heavy moisturisers on what i perceive to be dry skin, little do i realise that actually i'm quite prone to breaking out (but my pill stops it) and i'm probably more combo skin because I LOOK oily but FEEL dry.

So... all in all I think i will buy a full size of this stuff, i still don't condone the use of sh1t ingredients, neither do i think it's DRAMATICALLY different, but i do think it works well with the 3 step plan and I like it!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2007 5:59:00 PM More reviews by playsindirt

I know people that swear by this but I think it's a rip-off. They're are drugstore brands that do the same job for a lot less money. Plus, if you have combination or oily skin you're asking for a truckload of acne. This stuff is greasy!