November 26, 2014 | 950 users online

Moisturizers - Clinique - Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 1 of 5 on 3/30/2007 2:12:00 AM More reviews by rox011

I'm glad I got this free with a purchase I made because it left my face greasy and I started breaking out really bad right away, will not buy again

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2007 11:19:00 AM More reviews by rosefleur

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My HG moisturiser of all time. It really hydrates my dry sensitive skin and best of all no nasty breakouts or irritation. I always use this after showering in the morning and after cleansing at night, my face absorbs it best when it's wet. Although this moisturiser doesn't 'feel' that moisturising when you put it on, it is only moisturiser which has totally eliminated any dry patches. (I've tried much heavier moisturisers and they've failed to do this.) I also love that it's gentle enough to use on the eyes. Thank you Clinique, it's a God-send!FYI: don't bother with the three step programme, the other two products are rubbish. I think this moisturiser has been underrated because people have been using it as part of the three step. I would not recommend this to people with oily skin. continued >>

rated 3 of 5 on 3/26/2007 7:27:00 PM More reviews by Lovee1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have combination skin and have used the 3-step system, which includes the DDML. Although it feels very sheer and light on my face when I first put it on, it doesn't moisturize well enough. After a few minutes of applying the lotion and standing in natural light, I'd still see a lot of dry spots on my face and end up having to apply some thicker lotion on top of that just to get rid of the dryness.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2007 7:52:00 PM More reviews by carriespooner

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

So listen. When I was in in 7th grade (1979) I went to summer camp and a homely rich girl had the Clinique three step program. I was so jealous!! I swore that when I got home from camp, I was going to save my babysitting money and buy that set! I think I finally got it in ninth grade (1981) and felt so preppy trendy!!! Loved the packaging because it made me feel cool with it's preppy green color.

Well.. I'm 41 now and I only told you all this to say, that to my knowledge this is the same classic formula in the three step program. Are you trying to tell me that through the advances in skincare, research and bazillion dollars spent for the betterment of women's skins, this product is still a relevant?

The moisturizer is slimy with MINERAL OIL, the soap is drying and it's SOAP! The step two is burn-y (was when I was A teen too). I'm just saying... Is there alcohol in that toner???? Who's idea was that?

Who is Clinique marketing this to? I don't believe teenagers are buying this, maybe they are. The magazine ads are really good, cool.

Not a fan of this product..bleh!! I compare it to cheap drugstore skincare.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2007 6:22:00 AM More reviews by Metalbabe1984

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is an ironic review. Look at my other reviews for Clinique skincare. "The ddml is crap". Says me! So I got a rather generous sample of it at bonus time and thought "ugh i won't be using that".
Funny that i've reached for this stuff EVERY single day so far - firstly just out of curiosity and then on finding that it was actually brilliant! I use the dry combo and it's great. I love it with the clarifying lotion. It's great.

I honestly think all the negative reviews are for several reasons

1. The stuff DOES have crap ingredients (that must work for me!) and the oil makes some people break out or have allergies.
2. Because people think that they are one skin type when they are actually another. I have been using very heavy moisturisers on what i perceive to be dry skin, little do i realise that actually i'm quite prone to breaking out (but my pill stops it) and i'm probably more combo skin because I LOOK oily but FEEL dry.

So... all in all I think i will buy a full size of this stuff, i still don't condone the use of sh1t ingredients, neither do i think it's DRAMATICALLY different, but i do think it works well with the 3 step plan and I like it!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2007 5:59:00 PM More reviews by playsindirt

I know people that swear by this but I think it's a rip-off. They're are drugstore brands that do the same job for a lot less money. Plus, if you have combination or oily skin you're asking for a truckload of acne. This stuff is greasy!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/15/2007 6:06:00 AM More reviews by thunderhead

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I tried 3-steps products of Clinique, but I was so disappointed. The face soap is like the cheapest unscented simple soap, the tonic feels like pure alcohol, nothing else, and the moisturiser is also nothing worth. They are like products of a cheap, "no-name" brand.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2007 3:42:00 AM More reviews by NancyT

This does have a bit of a greasy feel to it after you apply it, but for older skins (especially in a dry climate like Arizona) it's perfect. My mother loves it. I think it gets a bad rap. Not every product is meant to be used by teenagers. Some of us have older, drier skin that soaks this stuff up. That said, it's not a moisturizer I use, but I don't dislike it either.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/14/2007 3:52:00 PM More reviews by omg_YOYO

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I found that if my skin was damp when I applied it, this lotion worked a lot better. When my skin was dry, the lotion wouldn't really sink into my skin and I had to apply a lot for my skin to remain moisturized. But I found that if I applied a lot of it, it worked well.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2007 10:44:00 PM More reviews by trulylovely

I don't know why this gets such bad reviews, I think it is an excellent moisturizer, especially when used with the other Clinique 3 step skin care products. My only dislike for this product is the packaging, I wish it was easier to get it out, so next time I will get the pump version.

EDIT: My face started breaking out from the 3-Step system, so off to try something else.