Urban Decay NAKED

4.6

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 1/11/2011 5:09:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

All I can say is WOW. This is not a review from someone who knows make-up or undertones or how to pick a flattering eyeshadow. This is a review from someone who puts color on their eyelids at work to make it look like I tried. Being mostly neutrals, this is an idiot-proof palette and every color combination that I've tried has looked amazing. Believe me if I can find a way to mess it up I will. Thank you Urban Decay for making a palette that even those of us that got skipped in the make-up gene can use!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is honestly my go-to product in all of my collection. It's great! You can do any look for absolutely any skin tone with this palette! I use it every day and even use "naked" and "buck" to fill in my brows when I'm in a hurry. Amazing. Get your hands on one if you can! :)

on 1/10/2011 6:13:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This Urban Decay palette is absolutely the best one I have ever purchased. I can see why it is always sold out. I got lucky one morning and snagged one at Ulta, right when they were putting up new stock! yeah. I've been wanting it for months but could not get my hot little hands on it.

All of the colors are Long wearing, beautifully pigmented and with the Eye primer, stay put and true to color all day. I've always loved Urban Decay shadows, though I do find some of them too glittery for my taste and age, but these are all beautiful and I've been wearing them almost everyday. Sin has always been my favorite neutral shadow but all of these colors work well with my redhead and fair skintone. I'm a dramatic eye, lighter lip kinda gal. I just love these and have been using them on photoshoots and they just look beautiful!

on 1/9/2011 5:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

i LOVE this product. I was amazed when i went into macy's and found it. i bought it on the spot without second guessing. this has been sold out every where else. ever since i bought this i have pretty much put away all of my other eye shadows. the primer is creamy and does the job. this palette is great for any eye color, but especially for blue eyes. theres a little fallout with some of the more shimmery shadows but thats to be expected. the eyeliner is veryyyyy creamy. i adore this palette and im probably gonna go back and buy another one soon.

on 1/9/2011 12:23:00 PM

I don't know what else can be said about this item other than my commentary. I finally bought this when Sephora got it back in stock for a few days. I advise everyone else who has not yet found one to wait patiently. This is a nice palette, but I don't think its worth being rash and over paying for one on EvilBay. First of all, I think this palette is a great value since the individual shadows are supposedly full-size. That is something I can't believe since shadows in palettes are rarely full size. Also, you can do a wide range of looks with this. Anything from a very subtle, daytime, office-appropriate look to a sultry evening look can be achieved. However, I must say that I don't get the hype with this. Maybe all the people all hyped up about this product are that way because this is the first really amazing neutrals palette to come out recently....and if all you use if neutrals, then that is pretty amazing. I like using all different colors, but recently, I have been using neutrals a little more often because its easier in the morning and I'm on a bold lipstick kick. The reason I had to have this palette is because A.) I kind of seem to "collect" all the big palettes UD makes and B.) I figured that I could really use a neutrals palette in my collection especially since I've been using those colors a lot.
Over all, this is a nice palette, very versatile and good quality. It is worth the wait, but certainly not worth over paying. Do not pay more than $50 for this. This is a permanent item and all you need is patience. I actually took off a lippie for this palette because of the shortages. I think UD did it on purpose to drum up hype. And that is not good for the brand in the long run if people begin to think that is how it will always be.

on 1/8/2011 9:32:00 PM

Not as crazy about this as I should be. I know this is not going to make me very popular but ...well you do get a lot for the $44 price tag, that is for sure. Of course, the shortage of this palette over the holidays only added to its allure and so I was dying to get it which meant that my expectations were uber high. Guess that is why I have yet to really feel the kind of euphoric joy that most seem to have when using these eyeshadow colors. I like Urban Decay shadows but confess that I have most of these shades or some version of them in either other UD shades or MAC or Nars...and yes, I am an eyeshadow addict. Looking for those original shades that make my brown eyes pop I am on an eternal and crazed hunt. That said, I like gunmetal and some of the browns and am sure they will get their share of use. I would recommend this for those with fewer eyeshadows that like neutral colors with some shimmer(UD always has some shimmer...)

P.S. Okay, Okay. I gave my first one away to my darling son's darling girlfriend and then went and bought another one. Since then, I have been using it more and have to admit I am liking it more and more. It is a good value for the cost, maybe just not as worth the hype? Oh well....I love playing around with all shadows so, I had to edit the original review and tone it down a bit. I DID buy it again.

on 1/8/2011 8:48:00 PM

Yep...read about all the hype, saw the pallet and then had to have it.
Totally lived up to my expectations even though I paid way too much for it on ebay :)

The most beautiful colors I've seen in a nude pallet, excellent pigmentation, staying power and no creasing. Super in love with this!!!!!

I'm really loving the 24/7 eyeliner also - but definitely not for the waterline on me.

The only thing I could possible want with this is a lighter highlighter colour (I'd say I'm fair/med and it's summer here in Australia) and the lightest shade just doesn't cut it for me. But I'll forgive them.

If you are immediately in love with the colors you won't regret this purchase.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

The moment I saw gurus on youtube talking about this I wanted it. I searched high and low, got my friends who were travelling to different Sephora's to check and see if it was in stock but for 6 months I had no luck. My local Shoppers Drug Mart (Canada) started to carry Urban Decay (shocking!) and I managed to grab one before they sold out. I AM IN LOVE! For work I have to dress up and be presentable so I wear a lot of neutral shades and natural looks - and thats what I've been wearing every single day so this palette will be great for me! But I do imagine you can pull off a lot of dark night time looks with this as well (I haven't had a chance yet but I plan to) so this palette is very versatile!

I love EVERY single colour in this palette. The shimmery ones, the matte ones...they are all incredibly beautiful and pigmented. This palette gives you so many options for eyeshadow combinations I barely even knew where to start. My only 2 complaints are I found a fair amount of fall out from some of the shadows which is a pain but can easily be fixed...and when I try to leave the palette open to use it closes shut very easily with the magnetic closure. The eyeliner pencils are great because I never tried them before so I got to sample them before I went out and purchased a full sized one. And as always, the UDPP is awesome and keeps everything lasting forever! These blend like a dream...way better than any other eyeshadow I've ever had. I use Naked to blend out the edges of the darker colours and it only takes a few swipes and it looks perfect!

I haven't traveled with this but I expect if I'm travelling in the near future this will be the only eyeshadows I'll be taking with me. Its got every colour I need in one compact, cute little palette that seems to be fairly sturdy. I love the velvet-ish covering and how sleek it looks as well. Its on my makeup table on display because hiding it in a drawer would be a sin!

I think everyone needs this palette in their collection - if you see it in a store PICK IT UP! You will not be disappointed. Its hard to come by and a very wanted product...if you skip over it you'll probably regret it. I love this (can't you tell) and if I ever run out I'll be trying to get my hands on another right away!!!!!!!

on 1/8/2011 12:12:00 PM

i can describe my feelings for this palette in one word... LOVE! Each color is different and the packaging is probably the BEST ever!

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I spent months lusting after this & was over-joyed to receive it as a gift at Christmas.
The colours are all gorgeous. I prefer cooler tones but none of the shades are too warm for me to use. None of them have an excess of glitter that some UD shades are famed for. No ridiculous glitter-ball fallout here. The textures are lovely and they all blend extremely well.
Packaging is lovely & quite sturdy too.
I ignore the mini bottle of UDPP, it doesn't work well for me. The shadows are fantastic over my go-to NARS primer.

I've found myself reaching for this palette a lot. Whilst I do tend to grab newer items first, I can see that this isn't a novelty that will wear off.
There's quite a few looks that can be created using just these shadows, even a dark, smoky eye.

If I ever use this up, I'll definitely be repurchasing.

Top Rated Urban Decay Products