Urban Decay NAKED

4.6

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 1/16/2011 9:31:00 AM

Given the rave reviews for the Naked Palette, I expected this to be an instant HG, even though I'd heard that most of the colors are very warm. I'm a girl who loves NARS AAE and my BB Shimmering Nudes palette, so I couldn't resist adding more neutrals to my stash.

I gave myself a week to "test drive" it before I passed judgement, using nothing but the Naked palette and neglecting my other shadows.In some ways this was a nice surprise and worthy of the hype, but IMO most of the colors are dupable.

Pros: The textures of most of the shadows are amazing. Smog might be a new HG for me--the color is awesome and the texture is so smooth and incredible. I was impressed. It was nice to see that most of the colors are very wearable, too, even though I'm an NW20 and can't pull off colors like MAC Woodwinked.

Cons: Even over a primer, a couple of the shadows were seriously creased or faded at the end of the workday (10 hours). I guess I've been spoiled by shadows that last 12+ hours (like LORAC and BB). Gunmetal, while it's technically a neutral, seems kind of out of place in this palette. Sidecar is a glittery mess with .

The pros do outweigh the cons, however, and I would repurchase this. I do see myself using it often, but it won't replace my well-loved AAE and BB neutrals.

on 1/16/2011 2:06:00 AM

Hair: Red, Curly, Other

Fingerprints!!! Arrived from Sephora.com last week and to my horror, it appeared swatched! About 4 shadows had some obvious tampering. I called Sephora up and a lovely gentleman agreed to send me out a new one and I sent back the defiled one. Colors looked okay but not as fantastic as it was all hyped up to be. I see now that the price has increased to $48. I will update my review when my replacement arrives.

Update: Received replacement today, not without flaws but whatever. Pretty nice palette. I will have to scrap Smog, Darkhorse, Creep & Sidecar because they make a glitterbomb fall-out shelter of my face. Within about a 1/2 hour of swiping on eyeshadow, I was covered in glitter like a raver on New Year's Eve. The other colors are great except I already had Naked and Half Baked from another palette. It's fine though because I have some spectacular micas to replace the glitterballs and I can overhaul my Naked palette to custom perfection!

This is the most value for money eye shadow palette I have ever bought. The colours are neutral and I wear it to work everyday. I think I have used some combination of these eyeshadows pretty much everyday since I bought the palette in Sept 2010. Super good value. Plus it comes with the eyeliner and a sample sized primer potion.

I must say, Urban Decay really thought this one through. Its the perfect 1 stop shop for a woman working in a professional work environment, with some darker options for night time. There's no reason to get anything else eyeshadow wise really..

on 1/15/2011 4:56:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

i like this palette but only about half the colors suit my skin tone... which sucks since it's so beautiful to look at :( also, idk if the high demand on this palette has caused urban decay to compromise the quality of the product, but the fact is that the eyeliners that come with it are not as good as the other 24/7 liners I own, and some of the shadows are just too soft: as in even if I don't intend to, I'll end up with an overblended look...
aside from that, virgin is my all time favorite highlighter and toasted is a wonderful, wonderful e/s :)
EDIT: updated to four lippies because i just butchered my naked palette and depotted the shadows into one of my unii palettes :) now i can use my favorite shadows of the naked palette along with all my other shadows, instead of neglecting it...

on 1/15/2011 3:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I almost wasn't going to buy this palette because on the computer it didn't look like it was all that, but WHAT A MISTAKE that would've been!!!! Thanks to you ladies and your rave reviews I figured I might as well, you can't really go wrong with 12 full size UD shadows for $44. When I first got home and opened my palette I felt like I was opening jewelry. The shadows are absolutely GORGEOUS....every single one of them! I usually do either a neutral or a smokey eye...no funky colors like blue, green, etc...and this palette is IT! It has everything I need! I'm about to go on vacation and this will be my only eyeshadow product that I bring with me. EVERYONE should have one. Which of course, limits their availability to the months-long waiting lists at my local Sephora. Sigh.

I would sooner die than return this product. Although, I do need to do an exchange today if they still have any in stock, becuase mine was defective...they put the Gunmetal and Creep shadows in the opposite spots and it's labeled wrong!!! That would suck if I had to wait months to exchange it.

on 1/15/2011 3:04:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

Great and versatile palette!

on 1/15/2011 12:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I hate to bring down all the fan fair of this palette but for me it just wasnít that great. For reference Iím NW20 and found this entire palette to be far too warm for me. I tired numerous looks/colors and all made me look tired or sickly. This palette is really made for warmer toned or neutral skinned ladies. I wanted it to work as I think the concept is great & the palette itself is a great value. I just wish UD would have included some cooler toned eye shadows so all of us could enjoy this palette. If you are cool toned then I would suggest checking out the TF Naked palette, its more cool toned grays/taupes.

on 1/15/2011 8:31:00 AM

I love wearing warm colors, and this palette is exactly that. I'm fair, with brown hair, brown eyes. I haven't purchased Urban Decay in a really long time because of the excessive glitter and fallout. I don't experience that with any of the colors in the palette. I use it every single day and find that the colors are long lasting and apply very nicely.

on 1/14/2011 11:35:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Ohh my god! I just got mine like 2 hrs ago!! I love it!! Its beautiful! I swatched the colors and they are amazing like I thought they would be. Thank u urban decay!

on 1/14/2011 11:26:00 PM

I'm thrilled that I decided to buy into the hype around this. It's fantastic, and was definitely worth the wait and the price. I'm pretty frugal and usually can't justify spending money on high-end make up, but this is an awesome deal and will save me from having to buy eyeshadow again for a very, very long time. Every shadow in this set is gorgeous, pigmented, creamy, easily blendable, and wearable. Most of the colors are pretty shimmery, but they aren't over-the-top, and there's no chunky glitter in them (this is coming from a girl who wears matte or satin finish eyeshadow almost exclusively). The two matte shades ("Naked" and "Buck") are the most creamy, blendable matte shades I've ever come across, and I don't think I'll ever be able to do without them now.
This blew my expectations out of the water. I've never tried Urban Decay eyeshadows before, and I'm super impressed. I like these better than any other eyeshadow I've ever tried, be it high-end (including MAC!) or drugstore. I can't imagine that I'll use this up anytime soon, but when I do, I will definitely buy it again!

Popular Palettes

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Urban Decay Naked Palette Neutral Tutorial by ShyGirlBeauty

New Year's Eve & Party Smokey Makeup Tutorial! 2015 by Angie Wilches

Bronzed Naked Palette Tutorial! by fashionista804

How to Look Like Kim Kardashian- Smoky & Glowy Makeup Tutorial- Naked Palette! by OMGigi

Top Rated Urban Decay Products