December 22, 2014 | 1497 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - NAKED

RELATED PRODUCTS

NAKED2: http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=148781/NAKED2-/Urban-Decay/Palettes

NAKED3: http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=167248/NAKED-3/Urban-Decay/Palettes

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2010 8:47:00 PM More reviews by lovelyundefined86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love the UDNP! All of the eyeshadows go so well together. The color choices enables me to create dozens of looks!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2010 8:38:00 PM More reviews by gatsbygarbo

i honestly love this palette, I really love the color's pay-off and how pigmented they are, ever since I bought this I havent even budged using any of my other eyeshadows. packaging isnt so great, the velvet makes it so much easier to get dirty, but i was into this because of packagging but because of the color range. i find it convinient for travelling as i can only take this palette and go from very neutral natural to very smokey dark eyes.. love love love,

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2010 10:28:00 PM More reviews by lillyrowan

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

Never tried UD eyeshadows before and thought this would be nice to give a try out. Long story short -- not a fan of this pallet. The actual package is not that easy to work with - long and narrow. The eye shadows are too crumbly and there is a lot of fall out. The package itself, is an accident waiting to happen. There is no closure to the box, so it is not that good for travelling. Finally, not feeling the colors. While they are 'neutral', overall too much shimmer for my taste. On the other hand if you like shimmer and you haven't tried UD, you may love this palette. I gave mine to a friend and she is loving it.

17 out of 23 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2010 7:03:00 PM More reviews by addercat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I don't know why I continue to get sucked into Urban Decay's marketing ploys. Just because a palette is cute doesn't mean I need to buy it! Anyway I am a huge fan of neutral eye looks but not a huge fan of UD's shadows. I find them chalky and not very pigmented, though YMMV as it seems pretty obvious I am in the minority on this. I got on a wait list for this, was so excited to pick it up, raved to my mom about the colors after I swatched them, but then when I put them on my eyes... nothing. Well maybe not nothing, I did feel like a glitterball. I don't know why I can love MAC's lustre's and other glittery shadows but not UD's, but I don't. And because of that this will be the last UD product I buy. So not impressed, which is why I've swapped it. If you liked other UD palettes you'll probably like this and I definitely love looks I've seen other people put together from this palette but there's just something about it that doesn't look right on me.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2010 3:10:00 PM More reviews by Nijigasumi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a perfect product to buy if you're just getting into makeup, it's got everything you need. And I find that the colors are nice and rich. Also, the packaging is great (anyone who owned other UD palettes know what I mean)! Finally Urban Decay released something practical.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2010 1:32:00 PM More reviews by Weinda

I finally got mine after being on the waiting list on my local Sephora. I am SO glad they called me 'cause I was just about to pay a lot more on ebay. Anyway, I am SO happy with this. This is a great value. As a reviewer posted earlier, you get .05 oz of each color, and the retail price for that is $17 each. The colors are amazing, blendable, wearable, gorgeous....what else can I say? I talked to UD Customer Service today and they told me that this is NOT, I repeat, NOT limited edition. They're just having problems with the raw materials or something. So be patient, eventually you'll have yours!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2010 11:29:00 AM More reviews by nanthida09

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This product has garnered so much hype, and let me tell you, it is well deserved. After months and months of being on every possible wait list, I was able to get the last one at my local Ulta. I was a bit put off, not by the product itself, but by the fact that most of the colors had been swatched by someone's finger. Still, I had waited waaaay too long to make a stink.

The colors are GORGEOUS!!!! The payoff is amazing, and with the primer potion, it wears all day long! I would buy this again in a heartbeat; it's just too bad I'll probably never be able to get another one. Because I'm a loyal mac user, this is actually my first eyeshadow purchase with UD. I can't believe the quality of this set, and found myself stunned at how easy these shadows are to blend. The color range is perfect and the look possibilities are endless.

I hear UD and Sephora will be restocking in the next couple of weeks. So be on the lookout; if you don't already have this, you will NEED it!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2010 1:33:00 AM More reviews by influxious

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

(This is all my honest opinion and results may differ due to different skintones - I have medium olive neutral skin that can be as light as NC35 and as dark as NC42).

[EDIT]: It's been more than 2 years and I still love this palette! I rarely touch Gunmetal and Creep, but I stay pretty consistent with all the other colours. The packaging definitely gets worn down easily but none of my eyeshadows have shattered (I've dropped this quite a few times, opps!). I'm really interested in getting the NAKED 2! It would be cool to have a cool (Naked 2) and a warm (Naked) palette :) [/EDIT]

The Naked Palette is the first Urban Decay product that I have ever purchased. This is the most beautiful palette I've EVER seen! I use this for my eyes and my face to contour and highlight!

All these shadows are amazingly pigmented, barely any eyeshadow fallout (except for the super glittery shade = Sidecar), and lasts all day (even without using the primer potion - I live in Singapore, with an average humidity of about 65% to 95%!).
My palette came with 12 shadows, a mini urban decay primer potion (original) and a double ended eyeliner (zero and whiskey).

Primer Review:
My first eyeshadow primer and I like it! I do see my eyeshadows having more vibrancy upon application and at the end of the day. However, sometimes I find that it cakes on my eyelids, sometimes it doesn't! I have mixed feelings about this product.

Individual Shadow Review:
Virgin (nude satin) is an amazing highlight colour for the brow bone and inner corners. I could use this as a bright highlight on my cheekbones using a light touch with a fan brush.

Sin is a great all-over colour, it's a nice light pink champagne shimmer that is just the right amount of sheen (no chunky glitter at all!).

Naked is a matte medium brown, I sometimes use this to tone down a shimmery shadow. The texture is so soft an velvety. It's a shade darker than my skin so I use it to contour my nose!

Sidecar is a light brown taupey colour with gold glitter. With this shadow you can see the individual glitter pieces. I do experience some glitter fall out with this, so be careful.

Buck is a matte chocolate brown. For a very neutral look, you can use 'naked' all over the lid, and put 'buck' in the crease, blended or you can use it on the outer lid to create a gradation effect. This is my contour powder for my cheekbones and I also use this as a bronzer.

Half Baked is the most shimmeriest (is that even a word? lol) shade and the a stunningl gold eyeshadow.

Smog is a shimmery brown. It's just like a darker version of buck but with shimmer.

Dark Horse is a deep dark brown with a bronze glitter.

Toasted is a medium dark reddish brown with shimmer. This eyeshadow deserves more hype, it's absolutely beautiful. It gives a reddish-copper warmth to my brown eyes. I apply it on my lid, blending it a little above the crease, making sure there are no hard edges. Then, I take 'Dark Horse' and put it in the outer part of my lid. My favorite eyeshadow combo!

Hustle is a dark dark plummy colour with shimmer.

Creep is a black with a blue undertone with some goldish fleck of glitter.

Gunmetal is a dark blue gray colour which is almost monotoned in flash, as it looks like a darkish blue but very dark, almost black in a dim room. A great night-time colour!

The Eyeliners:
Zero - Dark black liner, love it. It stays on my waterline well.

Whiskey - A chocolate brown, a good everyday liner.

Overall, a great neutral and glamorous palette for anyone who are just starting on makeup, or for anybody, really!
Definitely worth getting!

20 out of 21 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2010 More reviews by StrawberryMojito

LOVE! Well worth it!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/5/2010 12:21:00 AM More reviews by KatieLuvsLife1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I got complimented on my eyeshadow by the teller at the bank after applying these eyeshadows for the first time. I was wearing Sidecar, Hustle, and a smudge of Darkhorse. I already love this palette, it IS as good as the hype! :)