October 30, 2014 | 1734 users online

Foundations - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Foundation

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2009 8:57:00 PM More reviews by barbiedollcurves

So at first when I read the reviews, I was intrigued. Half of you guys thought this foundation was amazing! The other half was having problems, with blending, caking, breaking out, etc. I went to Sephora about 4 days ago and purchased this in shade 128. Its a little on the dark side, but we'll deal with that later.

FORMULA: I noticed immediately how oily it was. Yes it glided on, yes it has coverage, but I knew it wouldn't last long and I was right, it didn't even withstand a day at school. My makeup was ALL gone by the end of the day... it was embarrassing. Its quite thin to the touch, and blends VERY nicely, no caking at all. I've used my fingers and a sponge. I have gotten NO breakouts, which makes me super happy!

MY METHOD OF WEAR: Since this stuff slid right off my face and was a HINT too dark (damn those Sephora lights) and my almost-HG Revlon Colorstay is a smudge too light, I mix the two together (one part MUFE HD and two parts Colorstay) and add some Clinique Acne Solutions concealer (meh I don't want pimples, I like preventing) only a small amount and mix together on the back of my hand. The Colorstay helps the MUFE stick and give more coverage, less stick, it also helps keep me matte longer. Its a PERFECT mix. I leave my house, poreless, and by the end of the day, no caking, just shine, and no dryness, it looks EVEN and not freshly (like powder fresh) applied, but my skin but better!

PACKAGING: I love the pump, lovelovelove it. It only takes me about two pumps. But I don't like the fact the bottle doesn't let you see how much you have left. and that you can't unscrew the cap. Thankfully, the cap has a lock! So you just twist, and it won't push down or squirt any foundation out! What a life saver for those sleepover nights.

REPURCHASE: I don't know if I would. I like having the primer, because it keeps my makeup longer, the formula works SOOO WELL with Colorstay for someone like me with horrible scars, acne, large pores, redness, and uneven skintone. It fixes all my problems, all day. But it does make me quite oily which i don't like AT ALL. Hmm.. anyway, that's all. If you have a drier skin, I'd go for it (oily in apples of my cheeks, anywhere around my nose, tzone pretty much) way more than oily, because it will slide off when you go to blot. hope to help!

EDIT SEPT 30TH: Just too oily, and too thin. And I have so much makeup left... ugh. ): I have turned to SuperStay 24 HR makeup by Maybelline.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2009 4:42:00 PM More reviews by lovesShadow

This is it! I finally found my perfect foundation. MUFE HD foundation has a very good range of colours so it was the first time I was able to get my exact match. In MAC, I'm in between NW25 and NW30. NW25 is too light and NW30 is too dark. NC30 is too yellow for my neutral tone skin. I got matched for the HD foundation in 118 and it's the exact colour of my skin. I apply this foundation on top of my Cover FX primer and it lasts all day long for me and for the first time in my life, I've been getting compliments on my skin. People say that I don't appear to be wearing foundation, yet my skin looks perfect.
Couldn't be happier with this product. Will definitely repurchase when I run out

rated 4 of 5 on 9/22/2009 5:39:00 AM More reviews by ceelocks

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I 've extremely dry skin and so would rarely use or find foundation that feels comfortable on and does not look cakey. Got this on a recent visit to Sephora...very impressed! It does not dry out my skin, evens it out and my skin has a natural glowy look rather than the flat look i get with other foundations. The colour match is perfect too-another first for me.
The packaging could be improved though, Its hard to get just a small amount out when you squirt so you could end up wasting some product.
Will be stocking up first chance I get.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2009 12:20:00 AM More reviews by ckaw

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this stuff. Ive been buying it for 2 years and I find that nothing else compares. I used to have problems with it not staying on my skin for a full day or a full night out, but I found that all I needed was some primer. I bought the Smashbox 'photo' primer or whatever its called and my MUFE foundation stayed on just fine. The biggest reason why I keep buying this stuff is that it truly looks fantastic in photos!! I have that airbrushed look that you see in magazines. Add a little bronzer on the cheeckbones and your skin will look even more amazing. This was the first foundation from sephora that I ever bought (2 years ago) so I kept trying different foundations convinced that if I loved the first one I tried, that there would be so many others out there that would be just as fantastic or even better than my MUFE. WRONG! I tried everything from NARS to Smashbox, I dont know why I kept trying other foundations if I loved the first one so much! This is my HG and I am convinced that there is nothing out there like it. I can see why some people might not like it, if you already have perfect skin and you want a lighter foundation then this is not for you. But, for my oily, sometimes splotchy, skin with the occasional breakout, I find that nothing else out there does such a great job evening out my complexion. Makes my skin look flawless! Also, I love the color selection they have, for the first time I found a foundation that matches my skin perfectly.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/20/2009 11:49:00 PM More reviews by ABB

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

Fortunately, I didn't buy this product and have been working off a sample I received from Sephora for a week now...and I'm not impressed. First of all the 'HD' gimmick is just that and the color range isn't that great. I'm super fair and MUFE, like most brands, either assume I have florescent pink undertones or that I'm Asian. Rarely do I find a pale shade that is truly neutral. The coverage is okay but be warned that it isn't very buildable because it will settle into pores and fine lines making them look more obvious. I've also gotten a few blemishes since wearing this makeup, so although it is oil-free, there must be some aggravating ingredient in it. As I always do before making a foundation switch, I applied the HD to one side of my face and my almost-HG Revlon ColorStay to the other and wore for a full 8 hours. I was surprised to notice how similar both sides appeared immediately after application. It was almost impossible to distinguish the coverage and finish; however, the differences became apparent as the day progressed. Not only does the ColorStay not break me out, but that half of my face was less oily and less make up had settled into my pores by the end of the day. It is an obvious choice for me to hold on to that extra $30 and stick with my Revlon because sometimes you don't get what you pay for.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/20/2009 11:07:00 PM More reviews by xandreaaa

eeeeehhh. not really a foundation that stands out. it does the job and whatnot, but nothing is special about it. a little on the expensive side too. would not repurchase, i like the dior nude foundation wayy more

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2009 7:37:00 PM More reviews by VVV

It took a massive amount of trial & error for me to get the results I was looking for from this foundation. I have to say that it was worth it though.

PRIMERS: I tried this with Smashbox Photo Finish and Smashbox Photo Finish Color Correct (green) and within an hour the MUFE HD foundation was sliding down my face like greasy sludge. And I have dry skin! So I tried it with Pores No More and Medi-Matte - no dice. They lasted about 2 hours before producing the same slimy, greasy mess. On top of everything else the drier areas of my skin, esp my chin, looked cakey, flaky, and gross. I tried the HD Foundation on it's own - it wasn't as greasy but it accentuated every dry spot I had, ick. I finally went to Sephora and got samples of MUFE's HD Primers in 1, 2, and 5 (green, mauve, & blue). Night and day - the HD Foundation applied like a dream over the HD Primer. My skin looked smooth and flawless - even my chin! The HD Foundation applied like a second skin, looked natural, and provided me a great deal of coverage.

POWDER: After HD primer and HD foundation I apply a light dusting of the HD powder. It sets everything without looking heavy or powdery.

BRUSHES: The best brush I have found so far for applying the HD foundation is a 188 duo fibre using a stippling technique. It really gets the foundation on and into the skin while giving me flawless coverage. I use a kabuki brush to apply the HD powder to finish up. I apply the HD primer with my fingers.

BOTTOM LINE: I love the HD Foundation now that I have been using the combination of the HD Primer, the HD Powder, a duo fibre brush, and a kabuki brush. With these products my foundation lasts all day or all night, 8+ hours without a touch up. My skin looks smooth and flawless yet natural. It really does make my skin look wonderful in photographs or video. I think I may just have found my HG. I still have my eye out though because the palest color is not quite pale enough for me.

MINUS A LIPPIE: I did take this product down one lippie just for the sheer amount of time, effort, perseverance, and the amount of other products it's success replies upon. I also would take it down another half lippie if I could for the fact that they simply do not provide enough very fair shades or enough variety of undertones in very fair shades.

♥ Thanks for reading my review! Hope it was helpful! ♥

24 out of 25 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 9/20/2009 4:01:00 PM More reviews by Gothoria

I have combination 2 oily skin, & this foundation totally made it worse, no matter wt method I used it kept on flakin, I used it with a normal foundation brush, with a duo fiber brush, with my hands, with primer & without promer but nothin seemed 2 work, I take a good care of my skin & I rarly face such problem with foundations.

both my sisters tried it & both had the same result as mine..
maybe coz im livin n a different country at another contenent with totally dry hot climate, I guess thats y its not workin 4 us..

totall waste of money

Thnx

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2009 6:03:00 PM More reviews by mzcali4nia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am in love with this foundation! I'm NC37/40-42 and got matched to 155. It is so natural and can make you look so polished. I'm a stickler for blemishes and most days, I don't need to apply concealer or I put just a little on my undereye area because it covers them so well with just one pump. The best brush I've used with it is a 190. I also get great results with the 109 and 187 but prefer the 190 or 109. This is HG for me!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/17/2009 3:17:00 AM More reviews by tropical_dreams15

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

So this is the first non-drugstore foundation I've used and I really like it. I have sensitive skin so I needed something oil-free but with coverage and the guy at Sephora recommend this and so I bought it. It hasn't made me break out or anything which is important. But because it's oil free I alway apply moisturizer first to make sure it is applied evenly and smoothly. I was really surprised by the wide range of colours this product is offered in (over 25 shades). It gives a lot of coverage and has a nice finish to it; neither matte nor dewy. I love the packaging because it isn't messy and you don't have to use your hands getting product out; you just pump once and the perfect amount of foundation comes out. If you're looking for a high-coverage, oil-free foundation then you might really like this; I know I do.