Make Up For Ever HD High Definition Foundation

3.6

Aqua, Cyclopentasiloxane, Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate, Mica, talc, PEG-10 Dimenthicone, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Phenyl, Trimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Lauroyl Lysine, Dimenthicone Crosspolymer, Glyceryl Caprylate, Methylpropanediol, Butylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Cyclohexacyloxane, Methylisothiazolinone, Sorbitan Sesquileate, Silver Oxide, Propylene, Carbonate, Parfum (fragrance), Methylparaben, Fagus Sylvatica Extract (Fagus Sylvatica Bud Extract), Hydrolyzed Yeast Protein, [+/- CI 77891 )titanium Dioxide), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides).

on 11/27/2009 11:34:00 PM

This product was just so so. The setting powder is AMAZING...but the foundation is just alright. I honestly like loreal true match more and its a fraction of the price. This foundation kind of makes me look dull...which I guess is great if you want a REALLY matte look, but I find it sort of gets rid of any naturalness all together. I found the consistancy once applied to be kind of chalky. Like the packaging though, Im a fan of the pump! It isnt messy at all.
Overall: meh. expensive for what it is...Can do better for less.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This product is a lifesaver. It covers scars, redness, etc. It lasts all day. It feels and looks refreshing on your face. The price is alittle steep, but I think it is worth it.

on 11/25/2009 11:05:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Okay, let's face it: this foundation is expensive. It's $40 (if I remember right, probably should have checked first!) and to me, feels like every other liquid foundation I have ever used. I love how it feels light, but I think a lot of that has to do with the brush I use (MAC 187). I don't have any complaints, but I am going to keep experimenting with other foundations before I buy this one again.

on 11/23/2009 6:58:00 PM

I picked up a sample of this at Sephora. I liked this product better than the Mat Velvet. My skin gets oily during the day and I found I did not have to blot after applying a powder over this (Benefit's Get Even). It went on nicely using a foundation brush (Prescriptives) and covered the blemishes without using a concealer. I'd say this product is on par with MAC Studio Fix Fluid but without the added stench and did not "crackle" at the end of the day.

I wish there was an option to Maybe purchase this product as it's a definite maybe on my list.

on 11/23/2009 6:37:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

my HG foundation! i use my 187 brush to apply it, it feelslight but offers perfect coverage! I have redness and scars on my checks.. normally i cant hide them even with concealer.. and this stuff rocks, just one thin layer or two make my skin looks flawless! unfortunately the MA insisted 125 is the right shade for me and it is far too dark (i am NC/NW20).

the price may be steep for some.. but i think it totally worths it! and oh,i love the pump as well :D

on 11/22/2009 10:33:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I was excited to try this HD foundation when it hit the shelves...but i was pretty disappointed with the results. Normally, my skin adapts well to different foundations I use. Personally, it didn't work for me because...

1) finding a suitable shade was remotely mission impossible - it was either too light or too dark
2) they weren't kidding about FULL coverage - it's too heavy for daily/basic use
3) hard to blend evenly despite the aid of primers/serums used as a base
4) it was very noticeable that the foundation looked blotchy - my face literally looked cakey and very unnatural every time

on 11/22/2009 7:56:00 PM

I LOVED this foundation for the first few days until it broke me out horribly. I have very oily skin and this foundation did nothing to control the oil. I also used it with the HD silica powder but my face still looked like an oil slick. I had high hopes for this foundation due to all the great reviews, but I'm going to stick to Colorstay from now on.

on 11/20/2009 4:09:00 PM

I am relatively new to foundations & have always been skeptical of any foundation's ability to provide a natural looking complexion. I am also not the most skilled in make-up application, & am at risk of applying too much, or not blending it enough, & then walking around with tacky foundation lines, or cakey foundation on dry patches of skin. My 1st experience with any kind of foundation was Stila's Tinted Moisturizer in my early 30s. However, I am developing more red in my face as I get older, especially around my nose & chin. I wanted a foundation that would provide the *natural* appearance of an even-toned complexion. I don't like looking like I am wearing a ton of makeup (even if I am). After Stila, my next experiment was Laura Mercier's liquid foundation (the full coverage one), but was told by a concerned citizen that it did not look natural (although that may be due to my over-zealous application). On the recommendation of a Sephora sales assoc, I bought MUFE's High Def foundation in 115. This foundation is so light, I didn't think it would be sufficient to tone down the reds & sun spots on my face. But the lightness of the foundation is deceiving - it provides good coverage and is effective in evening out my blotchy complexion!! As for application, I first apply MUFE's Primer in the green tone (which is also fab!), then the MUFE High Def Foundation, then Armani's liquid illuminizer on my cheeks (+ blush). Lastly, I top off with Guerlain's powder balls (can't remember name) in golden. My favourite thing about this foundation is that, even if my application isn't perfect (I am not terribly precise about applying - use my fingers & don't count the # of pumps), it looks natural.

on 11/18/2009 6:33:00 PM

This is a comparison of Nars foundation (the matte liquid foundation), which I usually use, to the Make Up Forever HD foundation. I found this MUF foundation to be a bit oily, despite it being oil-free. After just 20 minutes or less, your skin will look too built up and oily, unlike what your face would look like wearing Nars liquid foundation. I wouldn't buy this again and am disappointed that I decided to try it out. Nars liquid foundation is 2 dollars more expensive but I think it is a lot better - smoother, silkier and matte finish that stays matte. MUF foundation really makes you look like you're wearing makeup - even if I use less than one pump's worth of foundation each day. Not good.

on 11/17/2009 10:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

This product is amazing. The shade matches me perfectly and it blends in really well. It looks like you're not wearing makeup even though you are. Makes skin look perfect and the coverage is great. My only problem with it is the dispenser, because you can't control how much goes into one pump, so I end up with more than I want. It lasts a while as the bottle is not small, so for the price it's a great find. I have oily skin and I find that this stays put just fine, though for a night out you may want to seal it with a light dusting of powder. It's not greasy at all, nor does it dry too fast. 100% I'll repurchase!

Video Reviews & Tutorials