September 18, 2014 | 1828 users online

Foundations - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2009 12:50:00 PM More reviews by AP1234

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I just picked this up and I am in love! I needed more coverage than BE was giving me, so I decided to try this...plus it is Oil FREE!!

Two thumbs up!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2009 12:43:00 PM More reviews by patoots30

I love this foundation! This has light to medium coverage - I'm used to fuller coverage but this surprisingly works for me. This foundation looks so natural that it'll seem like you have the perfect skin (poreless and glowing just like movie star skin). I have fairly good skin (thankfully!) so I'm not sure if this will look good if you have blemishes.
I've been using this for almost three weeks now and I've had zero irritation so far. On the first week I've tried it, it turned shiny after a few hours (I have combination skin). My solution to that was to skip moisturizer and apply powder to set after foundation. I didnt have a problem since then. I havent tried it with the primer, that might help too.
Its quite expensive but the results are sooo worth it. I use this daily, I know it might be too expensive for that, but my skin just looks so good I couldnt leave the house without it. It looks wonderful on pictures and even better in person.
UPDATE: Okay, I still love this foundation even though up to now its really been trial and error for me. I've been doing a lot of research and its just different for everybody. I've tried this recently with HD primer to hopefully lessen the shine. It does work in that sense, however, it took away the glow which I really liked in this foundation. The primer seemed to make the shade lighter than it really is (?) or it really accentuated the color. Anyway, I am back to applying it straight to my face without anything before that (sorry I dont wear sunscreen). I also tried it with the super matte loose powder and it looked cakey. I sprayed with mist and fix and it eventually looked better after a few hours. So... if you want to make it look really natural like second skin, use with moisturizer (if you need it) or nothing at all. I still dust light powder over it because if I dont, the oil is just too much. And I dont even have super oily skin. The search for the perfect way to apply continues...
On a different note, I mixed revlon colorstay with my face & body foundation and it looks just awesome! Quite similar to HD foundation with lesser shine. I dont think it looks as good on camera/pictures though.
Why does it have to be so complicated? :)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2009 10:29:00 PM More reviews by alt629

nothing special about this one. i look for a fuller coverage, but i am also very fair (too light for NC15) and always fall of the end of the color line. no exception here. lightest color too dark, nothing else stood out about this foundation. very unremarkable. but at least this foundation has a pump!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2009 8:14:00 PM More reviews by jellybeankthxbai

I just started using this product and I have got to say that I really really like it. I went into a sephora and tried matching myself but thought that even the lightest was too dark, so i asked for some help, they used one of those air brush brushes and it blended perfectly with my skin, I use 110 and it just a tad darker, so im very pale. I really like this because its sheer, and it adds a nice glow to my skin, and i dont need to use barely any at all for the look that i want!
I jsut wish it wasnt in a pump, i feel like when i run out of it its going to be hiding some of it in the pump, and that ill be upset about since it is 40 bucks.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/10/2009 11:48:00 PM More reviews by jockiipopelectric

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Hate this hate this hate this!!!! It's making me break out and it only goes on smoothly with a primer. I thought it could be an alternative to my expensive dior airflash...but it isn't... I'm definitly going back to my airflash... so far it's the best foundation I've ever had and it healed my skin and acne scars... I can't believe people are ranting and raving about the HD Foundation all over youtube... thanks to them I'm now going to have to return over 100 dollars worth of products tomorrow... buying this foundation is the biggest mistake I've made makeup wise. It's just not worth $40 dollars... especially since it doesn't have that great of a coverage. BLAH BLAH BLAH.
goodbye.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/10/2009 10:28:00 PM More reviews by lovepotion9

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't get all the hype about this foundation. I went to Sephora needing a foundation and the sales lady recommended this one, so I got color matched in store. When I started using it, I noticed that it looked unnatural. Perhaps I didn't get color matched correctly because it made me look even more yellow (I'm asian so I have the yellow undertones). The concept of HD foundation is great, but this is a so-so product. It is medium to full coverage, but didn't cover my acne or marks good at all. I like my foundation to cover everything; I don't like using concealer. It also does not last so I had to do touch ups along the day. It doesn't blend well that way, either. I noticed in photos this foundation looks great, but in real life there was something off about the texture. This foundation is NOT worth $40, long live Revlon ColorStay.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2009 3:49:00 PM More reviews by 800256

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I picked up this in shade 118 Marble as I am NC-25 in Mac and the match was pretty good. It cover blemishes and sunspots well and blends easily. However I find that when I use this on days that my skin is oilier like around "that time of the month" it tends to cake and feel heavy. So a note to one self if you have oily skin get a sample first to see how it will look and feel on you. The bottle will last me a long time since a little goes a long way. It's $40 for 1.01 oz @ Sephora.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/8/2009 4:01:00 PM More reviews by chillawills

This didn't work for me. The color was a good match, but it settled into fine lines and pores, even with a very light application. It felt a bit heavy, which I would've lived with, had it given me the flawless coverage it promised.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/8/2009 3:11:00 PM More reviews by mascaraluvin

I have to say that I had very high expectations with this product. All the makeup gurus have been going on and on about this foundation so I thought I would try a bottle. It didn't give me any coverage but the coloring of it was nice. I liked the variety with the colors. It was not worth the 40 bucks though.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2009 8:20:00 AM More reviews by Melyssa86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Wow, I think I've found my HG foundation. I used smashbox FX for a long time, and while it was very decent, I gound it a little too shiny and overly dewy- especially later in the day. MUFE HD offers a natural looking flawless face (seriously u could prbly wear it and trick ppl into believing u weren't wearing hardly any makeup and naturally had perfect skin). It goes on nicely and isn't heavy at all. I have slightly oily, sensitive skin with some redness and a few blemishes and love this product for myself. If you like a heavy, matte finish (ue. MAC studio fix, Clinique superfit) that looks like u have foundation on, then this isn't for u. Give this a try, you wil get a flawness, natural and glowing look.