September 22, 2014 | 1940 users online

Moisturizers - Clinique - Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 1 of 5 on 4/14/2007 9:57:00 PM More reviews by Ciaofiore

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

makes me breakout. yet also left dry areas dry. offers no spf, no nothing. i dont understand why anyone would use this product. ick.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/14/2007 11:31:00 AM More reviews by ratmist

I have generally clear skin but it's often dry. This stuff made my skin break out in pimples, some of the cystic, which is very rare for my skin. I'm pretty sure it's because Clinique's formula traps dirt and doesn't let my skin breathe, hence the breakouts. Never again - you'd have to pay me to use this greasy crap.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/9/2007 10:11:00 PM More reviews by camelias

This product sucks! It is made from mineral oil.

Mineral oil is a big molecule. It just sits on your skin and doesn't penetrate it to really work it. Sucks big time.

Plus if you look at the ingredients, it has a lot of preservatives, coloring, etc...

DO NOT BUY!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2007 5:34:00 AM More reviews by mia_ow

DDML has been my favourite now for at least ten years. I like the fact that it doesn´t smell. And it can be used in the evening or morning. Usually I use this in the evening and Clinique moisture in control in the morning under make up. It is a essential product for any sensitive/combination skin!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/8/2007 2:26:00 AM More reviews by pinkmagdusia

The Clinique counter girls told me this was the best moisturizer and would make my skin soft and moist and blah blah blah.... I hate it! I hate the smell, I hate the color, I hate the result. The only good thing about this is the pump bottle, which keeps it fresh longer and bacteria free.
    After using this lotion, my skin still feels tight!
    Total waste of money. If you're looking for a good moisturizer at a cheap price, stick with drugstore brands like Olay or Neutrogena. This is a complete waste of money, even if it's dirt cheap!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2007 11:44:00 PM More reviews by happy_peep

I love this lotion. Like another poster said, my skin seems to "drink" the lotion. It's fragrance free and always leaves my face feeling soft and ready for make up.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/4/2007 1:11:00 PM More reviews by cbatten80

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have very sensitive/combination skin. I've been told that I should use skincare products made specifically for asian skin (I'm half asian/half caucasian), but... they're hard to come by, usually requiring online purchases and additional shipping fee's. I have a lot of friends who swear by Clinique's Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion and figured I'd give it a try. The lady behind the counter assured me that it was a very good product for sensitive skin, and the first day I used it I was very impressed. I was really happy that it didn't leave me with an oily after affect that I sometimes get with other lotions. The second day I noticed that my browbone was slightly 'pink' and a little swollen. At first, I didn't attribute it to the lotion. The skin around my eyes actually looked in 'need' of moisture (which I attributed to dry weather), so I simply reapplied my new lotion. Big Mistake!! By Day three, my eyelids (up to my eyebrows and down towards my cheeks) were very red, had a scaly like appearance and were sore. It actually looked like I had burns on my face (and during the healing process, some spots turned into small scabs, which luckily did not leave me with any scars). I still love you Clinique, but I will NOT use this product again, and would not recommend this to anyone with sensitive skin. I'll stick to ordering my Laneige products online for now.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2007 9:38:00 AM More reviews by kissed_a_lil_mischief

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm a Clinique girl and adore all their products since they manage to keep my skin clear and glowing, without the huge price tag. This moisturiser it really strange though because when you rub it into your skin its as if its evapourated. Skin does not feel greasy either. I love it!! I admit though, to get the best results, you should mix this with the Superdense spf moisturiser too.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/3/2007 5:27:00 PM More reviews by baklava

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Simply put, this is a very thin moisturizer for me also. NO BREAKOUTS witnessed, fortunately, however, the moisturizer soaks/absorbs SO QUICKLY it literally just disappears. At first I thought the quick absorption was great (no greasy sensation) but literally my skin still has that "barely moisturized" sensation. That's not enough to suffice for me considering that the $6 Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream (in the green squeeze tube) completely seals my skin's moisture in like nothing else.
    (the caveat w/ Cetaphil's being there are no other beneficial ingredients in this cream, so it will NOT provide antioxidants, vitamins, preventative aging, so I'd have to LAYER another SPF on top of that, then LAYER another antioxidant cream on top of that, etc, etc, etc, which in the end disconcerts me b/c 3 layers of emollients on sensitive, acne-prone skin does NOT sound like a good idea)

I give it 4 stars b/c it does balance well with Clinique's 3 step system, and either this, or the combination of this along with the #2 toner, cleared up my acne for the past 6 months, a feat no other product has ever accomplished, even LUSH's coalface/ fresh farmacy, Sephora's DDF, Murad, and other !@#$ expensive Dermatologists-Gone-Entrepreneurs line.
    Furthermore I can get this DDML dirt cheap online, or free with GWP's.Overall, I rename this in my book as Dramatically Generic Moisturizing Lotion. Does NOT break me out, moisturizes just BARELY, and provides little else. continued >>

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2007 3:20:00 PM More reviews by HollyMarie

The worst moisturizer for any kind of acne/combo skin. Feels great the first few days and then it just seems to build up and produce acne! May work good for dry skin or mature skin but even at 33 I cant go near it. There are so many better moisturizers out there. Like Clinique makeup but the skincare line just doesnt work for me! EDIT:: Ok- tried this again but I think this time I got the right type for my skin (Combo/dry) I must say I have enjoyed this-of course it just moisturizes there is no special **extras in it. But it does balance it out-but I do not use this on my chin-I got a sample of the DDMG and use that on my chin only and that works better-