Urban Decay NAKED

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I caved and bought this following all the rave reviews. It's a gorgeous palette; such wearable colours and the texture of the shadows are even better than the UD singles I own, so creamy and easy to blend. The colour selection is just perfect. The price is also fantastic for the amount of product plus a BRILLIANT dual eyeliner (applies easily and lasts all day)
The only negatives for me is the amount of shimmer they contain. I would definitely prefer more matte textures or demi mattes in the palette. I also think the packaging, although pretty...I expect that soft velvet material is going to get grubby over time.

on 1/20/2011 11:22:00 PM

I've been trying to convince myself since this palette was first released that I didn't need it. Every time it came in stock online at Sephora.com, I'd add it to my cart, hem and haw, until it was sold out, and tell myself I didn't need it. Fast forward to yesterday when I took a little impulse trip to Ulta. While perusing the high end makeup, one of the sales associates was putting out new products like the Too Faced Romantic kit and surprisingly, the Urban Decay Naked palette. I'm wondering if the SA thought I was insane, because I literally swatched the palette 10 times on two separate trips through the aisle. Apparently I did need the palette, because I snatched it up like a bucket of candy left out on a porch during Halloween. I felt better after the cashier had a mini freak out after seeing they had it in stock. As soon as I got into the car, I took it out of its packaging to admire its beauty. That's when I saw a smudge on a couple of the colors. At first I thought they were fingerprints, but then I realized it had to do with the way they were pressed. So referring to a previous review saying Sephora is reselling returned palettes, I'm 99% sure the shadows were just pressed differently since there seems to be such a rush getting this on shelves, but I could be wrong.

ANYWAYS. I love this palette, I really do. It's an excellent companion to my Too Faced Natural Eye Kit and my blue eyes. The colors are gorgeous and creamy. Yes, they have fallout, but so do my Too Faced ones, and it's nothing a little tapping of the brush and some loose powder after your makeup's done can't fix. Obviously, if you have a whole arsenal of neutral shadows, you're going to be wasting $44, or $48 if you end up with one from Sephora. Even if your local Sephora or Ulta doesn't have it in stock, I really suggest going anyways to swatch the tester. Most of the shadows do have glitter in them. If you're looking for matte eyeshadow, search elsewhere. The two mattes are nothing special and easily duped. Having every color I could ever need for a simple day look in one palette is what does it for me. So if that's what you're looking for, go for it! The only reason I wouldn't repurchase is because I can guarantee something new and better will come out before I can even hit pan on any of the shadows.

on 1/20/2011 6:46:00 PM

Very disappointed in this product. I waited several months for this & got it when Sephora had it back in stock... I received a used palette.. Returned it right away... However, I am not going to use Sephora's mishaps against this palette...

Definitely an over-hyped product IMO. $44 is a good idea if you do not wish to buy any other neutral eyeshadow ever again, but the quality of the eye shadows were not exactly my cup of tea. A LOT of fall out, so do be prepared for that... It's typical of most UD eye shadows.

Even if my palette had not come used, I would still have returned it because the texture is not worth it. Having to deal with fallout is not worth it either. However, some of the colors are so beautiful that it may be worth it to deal with a bit of fallout on some occasions.. Such as "Smog" and "Half Baked." The other eye shadows, I personally did not care for.

on 1/20/2011 6:33:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

I just got this palette recently after reading about it for so long and not being able to find it in stock online anywhere (but Amazon for double the price!). I went to my local Ulta and found these palettes fully stocked. Amazing that they can't keep it in stock online but in stores it is very much available.

I don't get why people freak out soooo much over this product. It is a nice palette, with a variety of netural colors. Some are more shimmery than others, and no, they are not glittery imo, so they work well for any occasion. The colors are pigmented. The palette also comes with a dual sided eyeliner (one side brown and the other is black). The eyeliner itself is okay, not the best because it is soft and it goes on easily, but it also fades very quickly. I usually apply eyeliner on my waterline and this liner slips right off, so it has poor staying power, but that's expected from such soft pencils.

The packaging is super cute, though the mirror is kinda useless imo.
I like the palette and am glad that I got the chance to try it but probably will not repurchase because these shades are nothing extra special or unique (can easily be duped). I also don't see myself using this religiously so I probably won't use up all the shades for a while. It is a good value for the money because you get a lot of shadows, two eyeliners, and a primer for less than $50. I am glad that I got to try it, but it's not so special that people need to freak out over and buy it out as soon as it is back in stock somewhere.

on 1/20/2011 11:22:00 AM

Initially, I was put off by this palette, as I thought it was too shimmery. The longer I have had it, the more my feelings for it have changed to love. I use this almost every day. Midnight Cowboy and the black color are the two colors in it I never use. The Midnight Cowboy is just way too glittery, and it really makes a mess of my face (glitter everywhere). I think it is a good value. These are full size shadows, and seeing as how it would cost $17 to buy each one, it's a deal. I have decided to buy a backup. Since there are so many colors that I like and would repurchase, it just makes more sense to buy a whole new palette. Love this palette!

on 1/19/2011 11:58:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Gorgeous colors, great pigment, goes on so smooth, my all time favorite palette. Not thrilled with waiting three months to get it or almost two weeks after Sephora charged my card to receive it but would go through it all again for this product.

on 1/18/2011 11:37:00 PM

I had read so many good reviews about this palette, I just had to try it and I'm glad I did! The color options are great, there are so many ways the 12 neutral colors. The eyeshadow quality is pretty good and made in the US. There is a lot of color pigment in the shadows and the texture is very silky. The duel ended eyeliners are very creamy in texture and glide on easily. This palette also came with the primer potion, which I have yet to use, but have heard many great reviews. Give this palette a try, there endless possibilities!

on 1/18/2011 7:01:00 PM

I am in love with this palette! The colors are highly pigmented and have great payoff. I'm blonde with pink toned skin so pink toned browns don't look so great on me, but this palette has a great collection of true browns. A must have for anyone needing a neutral palette in their collection!

I really did like this product. Urban Decay shadows are amazing! I do understand the whole "Naked" thing. It being browns. They are all beautiful colors but if I was going to pay that kind of money for a pallette. I would want just a little bit more variety in the colors. I mean They aren't the same colors, but i'd like more colors in a pallette.

on 1/18/2011 6:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I am so disappointed in this palette. Everyone has made such a big deal about it but once I got it home I realized that it is mostly hype. The colors are nothing special and it seems like I already own dupes in both UD and other brands. Plus they seem a little too frosty. The palette is good value for the money since you do get so many colors and I like UD quality. That is why I gave it the lippies I did but I wish I had saved my money and bought another Dior quint instead.

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Urban Decay Naked Palette Neutral Tutorial by ShyGirlBeauty

How to Look Like Kim Kardashian- Smoky & Glowy Makeup Tutorial- Naked Palette! by OMGigi

Bronzed Naked Palette Tutorial! by fashionista804