December 19, 2014 | 1594 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - NAKED

RELATED PRODUCTS

NAKED2: http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=148781/NAKED2-/Urban-Decay/Palettes

NAKED3: http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=167248/NAKED-3/Urban-Decay/Palettes

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2010 10:45:00 PM More reviews by puppyl0ve9

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My bestie bought me this for my birthday recently, SHOCKED that she actually got her hands on it. She told me she found 4 in a JCPenney in her area and snatched 3. She gave one to me, her mother and one of her other friends.

..ANYWAY.. i love the payout on these shadows. I love neutrals and even though I'm trying to figure out some good combos (none of them are really bad) - I come out with the same looks.

I own NARS Pleasures of Paris palette - and the UD palette BLEW NARS out the window. The colors are more vibrant, theres a whole mix of textures.

Absolutely worth the money when you figure out what you're doing. But I agree with another user that I wouldn't pay more than retail for this palette. It IS a permanent item, isn't it?

I do love seeing that this palette is SOLD OUT everywhere I go. Its a good sign that its worth getting when you do see it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2010 7:02:00 PM More reviews by arianaivette

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Like everyone else, I love this. I got really lucky and snatched the last one at my ULTA without even looking for it. I had seen the reviews but I didn't really need any eyeshadows buuuut I stoped at my store one day and they had one left so I knew I had to get it. The eyeshadows are great. More staying power and less creasing than even MAC shadows in my opinion. I love most of the colors, they are REALLY warm though so cool toned ladies may not be thrilled.

BAD: I really hate Sidecar. If I swatch it, it looks great but on my eyelid it's a glitter bomb that UD is so famous for. The fallout is ridiculous.

Oh and I LOVE LOVE LOVE whiskey liner. It's my new favorite.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2010 4:43:00 PM More reviews by Fibergash6

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I get the hype. Great for everyday and nights out. If you can get your hands on it, do it. But I would not pay over retail price. They should be back in JAN so just wait it out

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2010 11:04:00 AM More reviews by jessmarie09

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Update 9/30/12: I actually tossed this in the garbage. Too much fall-out, too many shimmery/metallic shades and no matter which colors I used together, I always achieved the same smokey muddy bronzy mess. After a while, I just started to hate this palette. For my eyes, I just prefer matte shades or shades with a slight shimmer. Anything metallic has to go!

_______
I jumped on this band wagon and have no regrets. These eyeshadows are sort of creamy in consistency/texture, go on like a dream and blend beautifully. I love this palette and it was totally worth the $44 or so dollars. The colors are perfect neutrals for work mostly shimmer but some matte. There's a bit of fall out for some of the shades, but nothing unmanageable. Overall, a great product and I would recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2010 12:51:00 AM More reviews by saintoflimes

I know I can not say very much that hasn't already been said about this palette. It is so versatile and was totally worth the wait. I am very fair, and I am able to use all the colors. I love the 24/7 eye liners, so a double sided one was just a bonus. I love Urban Decay!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2010 1:46:00 PM More reviews by deviouscicada

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this palette in August at Ulta after two months of trying to hunt it down at Sephora and Macy's. Ever since I got it I have been reaching for it almost everyday. You can do so many looks with this palette (office appropriate, going out etc). I even used it for a wedding. For $44 I think it's a great deal. The e/s are full size, you get two eyeliners and a mini UDPP. I love the mirror that comes with it but I use my own mirror for application. The e/s are very pigmented. Sidecar has a lot of shimmer so there is major fall out but if applied carefully it's not too bad.

I got this palette right before I went on a week vacation to Aruba. Usually when I travel my make up bag is stuffed. This palette was all I brought for e/s. It's all you really need if you are going to travel light and don't mind using neutrals. I just brought this along with blush, powder,lip gear and brushes. It felt really nice not having to haul around a ton of extra goods on vacation. Especially if you plan on bringing back gifts.

If you haven't gotten around to picking up this palette, then I suggest you get it. It's just a great deal for what you get and so practical. The slim size makes it easy to carry around in your make up bag or traveling. I'm just really happy with this palette and would recommend it to anyone who loves neutral e/s.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2010 3:00:00 PM More reviews by Designgirl96

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was super excited to get my hands on this when I walked into Sephora a few weeks ago! I was going in for the pro size eye priming potion and saw a few of these sitting on the shelf. I snatched it up and ran to the counter to pay! I've used it a lot and love it!

I have tons (I mean tons) of palettes/singles with colors similar to what is in the NAKED palette. The only ones that even compare to the pigmentation and smoothness of the UD shadows come from my Sedona Lace 88 Metal & 88 Warm palettes. I'd say that metallic & shimmery ones are every bit as good. The matte ones in the UD palette are much better than any other mattes I have. I actually swatched some of them for a post on my blog, if anyone wants to see what I mean. Google NV Beauty. =) I hope this helps!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2010 2:35:00 AM More reviews by theresadactyl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I finally got my paws on this bad boy.. walked into Ulta and they had several. I was shocked and bought two, one for me and one for my sister. This is a good palette.. but I don't understand the hype once I actually had it. The colors are great, but I was disappointed to find that most of these colors are extremely dupable (NYX Champagne&Caviar/Nude on Nude, Wet "n" Wild Vanity, Maybelline Chai Tea) I am glad I got this, the quality is pretty awesome and it is extremely convenient to have all these colors in one place. But, as far as having it in my hand, I'm not excited to do looks with this because I feel like I've done them a hundred times over with shadows I already have. I'm just comparing this to other UD palettes.. usually, I am super stoked to play around with them. (I realize that other UD palettes contain bold colors unlike this neutral palette.) I've used this twice and hope to use it more. This will probably become my go-to travel palette, the packaging is beautiful and seems to be durable. I guess, all I'm saying, is don't rush to get this. Since it is a permanant palette, everyone will be able to get it. Don't waste extra money on ebay or elsewhere. The price of the palette is rather cheap for all the shades.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2010 8:47:00 PM More reviews by lovelyundefined86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love the UDNP! All of the eyeshadows go so well together. The color choices enables me to create dozens of looks!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2010 8:38:00 PM More reviews by gatsbygarbo

i honestly love this palette, I really love the color's pay-off and how pigmented they are, ever since I bought this I havent even budged using any of my other eyeshadows. packaging isnt so great, the velvet makes it so much easier to get dirty, but i was into this because of packagging but because of the color range. i find it convinient for travelling as i can only take this palette and go from very neutral natural to very smokey dark eyes.. love love love,