Urban Decay NAKED

4.6

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

I use this palette every single day and even if I had to spend the 80+ on Ebay (I didn't, I got mine from House of Frasers for 27 back in Oct/Nov time) it would be money well spent as you get 12 very decent sized shadows that glide on, 2 generous 'mini' creamy 24/7 liners and a PP.
I don't like matte shades as much really and do like shimmer and glitter so this palette is PERFECT for me. I tend to use half baked and toasted on the lid, virgin at my highlight and hustle or darkhorse on the crease and a tiny bit of creep in the outer corner as my 'everyday' look but I do use pretty much every colour once a week atleast (exceptions are naked and buck as Im not a fan on matte).
I do put on my eye makeup before doing my skin as you do get some fall out with most shades but nothing a facewipe or cotton pad with makeup remover wont sort out in 5 seconds.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I waited a few weeks to write this review. I wanted to use the palette several times before I voiced my opinion.

I purchased this palette from Sephora in early January. My palette is the original offering with the 24/7 duo pencil.

I love the design of the palette but the cover attracts powder and ends up looking messy in no time.

The shadows are excellent in quality. The powder is smooth, easy to blend, with strong pigmentation.

The colors are beautiful. Very nice selection. I thought there would be several that were too dark for me but applied with a light hand they all work with my fair complexion.

I prefer matte shadows. The palette offers more of satin & shimmer finishes. I played with all of the shadows and there is only 1 shadow - ~sidecar~ that i'll most likely never use. That shadow is too over the top in the glimmer, shimmer, & glitz for me.

Love the eye pencil. I'm delighted that I got to try them. Wonderful product and I will buy more.

I can't use the primer in the cooler months because it is too drying on my lids. Works great for me in the summer.

To be honest, I wanted to send this palette back. The shadows are excellent quality but the satin & shimmery finish shadows are too much for me. I kept playing around with application techniques and finally found that patting the shadow on instead brushing it on really toned down the glitz. Using that tehnique, this palette became wearable for someone my age.

The number 1 reason I kept this palette is this - the colors make my eyes look amazing. It makes them "pop" with color. It's impressive.

Yes, I did the forbidden thing, I broke down and got this on eBay for 80 dollars. Typically I don't like to support the black market because it encourages further exploitation of peoples' wants and needs. But the alternative was pining for months, maybe years, traveling across oceans to find it and so on and so forth... So, now my precious is here!
I got this even though I greatly doubted it would suit me. It is just so damn beautiful I couldn't resist. I'm very cool toned and always stick with cool purples, pinks and black. Warm colors make me look muddy and dirty, or do they??? Now everything I thought I knew about make up is out the window. Yesterday I did my first brown/bronze/gold smokey eye, as warm as could be, and it looked freakin' fantastic! My green eyes popped (sorry about this inane expression!) in a way which I never thought possible with other colors than purples. I topped off the look with a touch of "Half baked" around the inner corners of my eyes and that made a huge difference. My gaze instantly got an intensity and mystique never before achieved artificially.
The other myth that got debunked was that shimmer is a no-no for me. I have been wary about all that glitters, shimmers or is frosty. Deeming it too high-schoolish and unsophisticated. I was wrong on this count too. What can I say, this palette has opened my eyes (no pun intended!) to a whole new world of colors and finishes I thought were not meant for me.
I won't comment much on texture and quality. Both of which are excellent in my opinion. And with the amounts you get I consider even 80 dollars to be a steal.
Also, if you're not already a convert, let me take this opportunity to recommend Urban Decay Primer Potion. It makes a world of difference. There is no creasing, colors look brighter and shadows will stay on for days without smudging.
In conclusion I think this palette is universally flattering. I have a feeling that the people that got disappointed simply had too high expectations. Unfortunately I have done nothing to dispel the hype!

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

As someone who uses neutrals primarily, this palette is something I absolutely have to get my hands on, especially with all the hype surrounding it. It did not disappoint! The shadows are pigmented, and its creamy texture made for wonderful application. Personally, I've experienced moderate fallout with the glittery shades (Smog, Half Baked, Darkhorse) so instead of using a fluffy brush to apply them, I would advise using a flat brush to gently pat the colour onto the eyelid. All the colours are complementary and highly wearable; the varying shades of pink, tan and golden tones allow me to create endless looks, and the inclusion of two darker shades Creep and Gunmetal add some dramatic flair to an otherwise safe look, taking you from night to day. I especially love Smog and Toasted. The 24/7 pencils are an added bonus, but I'd still get this palette even if it came without them! The only gripe I have about this is that Sidecar has a ton of fallout and that I always end up spending an extra 5 minutes every morning contemplating which shadows to use (ah, the dilemma of having too many choices)! I don't know if it's a good or bad thing =) But otherwise, a very good value for money purchase.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I'm a neutral kind of girl my cousin can pull off loud colors but on me its just too much so I loveee this I can pull off a subtle smokey eye without looking like a clown and the neutrals are fantastic for everyday wear worth the money!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Love it! Great selection of colors. This will last me forever. Got it on ebay, definetely worth paying a little more for, seeing as everyone is sold out. I got the palette with the double ended liner. Now they are selling it with a brush.

Broad variety with good mix of metallic vs. matte, but wish there was a bit more selection of a neutral with a grey undertone rather than only tan/brown undertone... though it is called "Naked" for a reason, I guess. Overall, a good selection that blend well together, but as w/ any pallette, find myself using some more than others. Velvety finish on box is super nice when it's new and clean, but it's prone to attracting lint & dust. Good mirror for carrying the pallette around. Lost the pencil that came with it, but remember it had brown and black and was nice and easy to apply, so hopefully it will turn up. Overall, would not repurchase b/c there are just so many other options to try out there and I think this will last awhile, even though I do continue to use it daily, so am not sorry I bought it to give it a try.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this palette!!! it's what every girl needs in their make up collection. The colours are great, good quality eyeshadow which last all day and just a good selection of natural colours. Great investment you seriously would not regret buying this!! :)

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This product is great for creating a variety of looks for day and night! It is also very travel friendly and the colors have great pay off and blend well. The price is great for the versatility of the product. I think this product is applicable to every ethnicity. Enjoy!

I was really looking forward to this pallette with all the hype and being a huge neutral fan myself. I figured a lot of the shades were dupeable and knew I probably had a lot of dupes in my collection already I wanted it anyway. I finally found it in stock online at Sephora so I ordered it. This is my first experience with UD shadows, they are really creamy and very very pigmented, much more pigmented than my mac shadows. But the colors are really really unimpressive. WAY too shimmery, and I am one person that hates mattes. Way too many silvery/pale tones. Sidecar looked beautiful swatched online but it has glitter in it yuck! I was really looking forward to that one color. I like Toasted and Hustle together, I love the color Creep also but I still don't think the pallette is worth it. The eyeliners SUCK though. They fade soo easily, my Rimmel eye kohls last longer and I'm not even talking about waterline, don't think about lining your waterline with UD liners. And the way UD is holding out on these pallettes really makes the company seem shady. Overall, I won't purchase this again. I wasn't willing to pay the $25 for UD shadows seperately so I was looking forward to thsi but I won't buy UD shadows again or liners, I'll stick to using them for UDPP solely.

Video Reviews & Tutorials

How to Look Like Kim Kardashian- Smoky & Glowy Makeup Tutorial- Naked Palette! by OMGigi

Bronzed Naked Palette Tutorial! by fashionista804