Urban Decay NAKED

4.6

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I own both this and the Too Faced Naked Eye kit. I find myself reaching for one or the other every day. This is BEAUTIFUL. I'm lucky I bought it with an employee discount and it was only $33 for me :) While it had been sold out everywhere for FOREVER we finally got a bunch at the Ulta I work at so I decided to pick it up :)
Every color is beautiful! I had been playing with the tester for quite a while, so I knew what I was getting. The pigmentation of every color is perfect, and I can see myself having an occasion to wear all 12 shadows! I'm pretty fair, but all these colors bring out my green eyes very well!
The eyeliners are great too. I had never used UD 24/7 liners and I was really pleased! (I usually don't use eyeliners you have to sharpen, but these are so great, I'll probably buy some!)
And the mini primer potion was really great, (I use the Eden primer normally, but used to use the original!) And I'll probably pack that one for trips.
You can create any neutral or even dramatic look with this and it could look good one everyone! I didn't even want it for the hype - I just typically wear purples and silvers so I needed some pretty browns and this was perfect )

on 1/17/2011 4:42:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

I had it when it first came out, and I gave it about a week before I made my final decision.

Honestly? It's not like these are highly unique colors or quality. You could do the same thing with a self-made palette with colors from any other brand of quality. I think this continues to be popular partly because of, what's the word... crowd mentality? Herd mentality. There we go. A few visible members of the beauty community sung its praises and, like the sheep we're all capable of being, clamored to own it. It's not that serious, y'all.

I will say that for being 12 full-size eyeshadows, it's a fantastic deal. Does that make it worth killing yourself trying to find it and buy it before it goes out of stock for another 3 months? Absolutely not. All the colors are easily dupeable, and you can probably find better quality in other brands. I tried a smokey eye with... Creep? The sparkly black? Every time I went in to blend it, it just fell right off my eye and I had to put some more on. My eyelid actually turned red because I kept at this charade for so long before I realized I was fighting a losing battle. I sold mine to a friend after a week. She's gone on to put it up for sale as well.

Just do yourself a favor and create your own neutral palette with the colors and finishes you desire. It might cost more, but you won't feel like a rejected adoptive parent trying to get your hands on this.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I was so please with this palette when i was able to finally get my hands on it! I waited for months, and this palette definitely exceeds my expectations. Every single eyeshadow in this palette is very pigmented and creamy, even more so than my MAC eyeshadows. I also like that they included some matte shades in there, which is unusual for Urban Decay. The packaging is really nice and is durable even though it's not heavy duty. The eyeliners that it comes with are also very very high quality. I was so surprised with the pigmentation of those as well. They are 100 times better than my Lancome pencil liner!

After I bought this palette at Ulta, I went online to Sephora's sight to read some info about it and I noticed negative reviews. They've came out with a new Naked Palette, which is exactly the same except it doesn't come with a duo sided 24/7 eyeliner, but instead comes with an eyeshadow brush. This is unfortunate, because the eyeliners work so well, and you really don't need another shading brush. The price also went up to $48. for the new one, which had quite a few people worked up. I also read that many people had fingerprints in their palettes that were ordered from Sephora, so they're speculating that they were being sold a returned or used palette from Sephora. I'm not sure if this is true, but that really is unfortunate for the customers and the image of Sephora, and many people don't believe it's Urban Decay's fault.

I really recommend this palette to anyone looking for everyday shades, because this palette is so versatile. It's also a very reasonable price for 12 full sized eyeshadows, that would usually sell for $18 each for only the single eyeshadow.

EDIT: I've had this palette for a little over a month, and I'm still pleased with this product. I don't find myself reaching for all the colors in this palette though because I also have a half-filled 15 pan MAC palette that has only neutrals in it. I really only see myself using Virgin from the Urban decay naked palette, which is an everyday color for me. The only other colors from this palette that I really like are Hustle, Darkhorse, and smog. I don't think I will be repurchasing this palette, but instead I will get MAC dupes for Virgin and Darkhorse. other than that, I'll stick to MAC xD

This palette is still great for travel though!

on 1/17/2011 1:11:00 PM

This palette is wonderful. I can pull off so many looks with it and with this purchase it was my first time trying the 25/7 eye pencils. I am hooked on those pencils now. The colors in this palette work well with my pale skin. I usually do very dramatic looks and I can pull of many of them with this as well as very pretty subtle looks. Worth every penny. The only thing I didn't like was the fall out with the color creep it makes a bit of a mess but nothing I can't clean up so no big deal.

on 1/17/2011 11:20:00 AM

I resisted buying this for so long because of the price tag. Also, I have a ton of natural eyeshadows, so I didn't think I needed this. I am so happy that I finally caved and bought this. The colors are beautiful and complement my blue eyes and fair skin so well. The only reason this doesn't get a full five stars is because I wish there was a better mix of matte, satin, and shimmery shades. There are only two shades, which limits my "daytime" looks. I'm also very happy with my mini primer potion and two-sided 24/7 liner. This is my first Urban Decay purchase, and will probably be my last, unless I need another Naked palette. (I find the Milani liquif'eye eyeliners to be of the same quality as the 24/7 liners)

All in all, a wonderful purchase if you use natural eyeshadows often.

on 1/17/2011 10:05:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I love the Naked Pallette. I got the one w/the liners & the primer. I am very happy w/the color selection & have not bought previous pallettes because I don't need the glitter ones. I love both liner colors. There was 20% off at Ulta for this. Next to it was a BOS & it was $36. This was $44 -$8.80. A good deal & a great selection of beautiful & wearable colors. I could not be happier!

on 1/16/2011 11:22:00 PM

*LOVE* this palette! You can do so many different looks with it! Definitely my all-time favorite.

on 1/16/2011 6:23:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This is a very good product: all of the shades are well pigmented and offer an endless variety of looks and combinations; the value is unbeatable; the dual-ended liners provide two different options; the mini UDPP brings it all together. On top of it all, the packaging is gorgeous and I love that there is a mirror. Pretty ultimate set of neutrals.

This is definitely ideal for someone whose makeup collection is not that big/someone who does not own many neutrals, or for travel. There's nothing terribly special here that you can't live without - it's just incredibly pretty and convenient. I am very, very pleased to own it but I already own tons of neutrals so it should last me a lifetime. It's a good enough product to purchase again, though.

I only wish there was a more even number of mattes and frosts to provide more options (only two or three are not horribly frosty, and a couple have glitter in them), but it's just a personal preference. A really excellent gift to give both a makeup lover and someone who is just starting out. Worthy of its hype but don't kill yourself trying to get it - it's permanent, and you can definitely wait until it's at a store for retail price!

on 1/16/2011 5:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I resisted buying this palette for so long, I already have more eyeshadow - neutral and bold - and I rarely buy into hyped up products but I'm glad I caved on this one. I generally go for dramatic makeup whether I'm at work or not but towards the end of 2010 was definitely feeling less is more and found myself less than enthusiastic over the neutrals I already own so back in November I purchased the Naked palette and it has been my everyday staple since then. I'm lucky enough to have a neutral skintone so it is very easy for me to put a look together with this, most days I use Virgin (highlight), Sin (lid), Naked (crease) and Creep (liner) because it gives a bright and polished look without having to think, or try, too hard but all the colours are here for a lovely smokey eye whether it be muted browns or neutral black/silver. Every look I've tried with this palette just works, thankfully, because these were the only shadows I brought on a recent holiday - ordinarily I would bring a large selection of neutrals and colours to have options but I didn't miss them, in fact I barely even thought about them. This beats the Books of Shadows by a mile and the best thing about this palette for me is the exclusion of Midnight Cowboy Rides Again which I despise.

You can't beat it for value, its been said in a number of reviews already but you're getting 12 full size UD shadows, 2 mini liners and a mini primer for just under 30; cheaper than most drugstore brands in the UK.

The packaging is slim and classy (a welcome departure from the clunky Book of Shadows), certainly not an embarrassment to leave on the dressing table or pull out of the makeup bag. It's made of cardboard, as I think all Urban Decay palettes are, so its sturdy enough to withstand the average persons general abuse but I travel alot and find myself in two minds about de-potting into my unii palette - the unii palette is far more practical but I do really like the original packaging.

I'm not usually one to buy into the hype but this is an absolute repurchase for me, like I said before this has become my staple go-to product - it is a well thought out selection that doesn't require too much thought to use, a definite holy grail ... Unless Urban Decay release something better, of course.

on 1/16/2011 5:13:00 PM

Amazing!!!!!! I am soo happy with this palette. I have used nothing but this since I bought it. super versatile, I did a super neutral with it all the way to crazy smoky eye. The textures are amazing! They are super blendable I could not be happier with this palette! Buy it!!!!!!

Video Reviews & Tutorials

New Year's Eve & Party Smokey Makeup Tutorial! 2015 by Angie Wilches

Bronzed Naked Palette Tutorial! by fashionista804

Urban Decay Naked Palette Neutral Tutorial by ShyGirlBeauty

How to Look Like Kim Kardashian- Smoky & Glowy Makeup Tutorial- Naked Palette! by OMGigi

Top Rated Urban Decay Products