September 18, 2014 | 1333 users online

Foundations - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 9/20/2009 11:07:00 PM More reviews by xandreaaa

eeeeehhh. not really a foundation that stands out. it does the job and whatnot, but nothing is special about it. a little on the expensive side too. would not repurchase, i like the dior nude foundation wayy more

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2009 7:37:00 PM More reviews by VVV

It took a massive amount of trial & error for me to get the results I was looking for from this foundation. I have to say that it was worth it though.

PRIMERS: I tried this with Smashbox Photo Finish and Smashbox Photo Finish Color Correct (green) and within an hour the MUFE HD foundation was sliding down my face like greasy sludge. And I have dry skin! So I tried it with Pores No More and Medi-Matte - no dice. They lasted about 2 hours before producing the same slimy, greasy mess. On top of everything else the drier areas of my skin, esp my chin, looked cakey, flaky, and gross. I tried the HD Foundation on it's own - it wasn't as greasy but it accentuated every dry spot I had, ick. I finally went to Sephora and got samples of MUFE's HD Primers in 1, 2, and 5 (green, mauve, & blue). Night and day - the HD Foundation applied like a dream over the HD Primer. My skin looked smooth and flawless - even my chin! The HD Foundation applied like a second skin, looked natural, and provided me a great deal of coverage.

POWDER: After HD primer and HD foundation I apply a light dusting of the HD powder. It sets everything without looking heavy or powdery.

BRUSHES: The best brush I have found so far for applying the HD foundation is a 188 duo fibre using a stippling technique. It really gets the foundation on and into the skin while giving me flawless coverage. I use a kabuki brush to apply the HD powder to finish up. I apply the HD primer with my fingers.

BOTTOM LINE: I love the HD Foundation now that I have been using the combination of the HD Primer, the HD Powder, a duo fibre brush, and a kabuki brush. With these products my foundation lasts all day or all night, 8+ hours without a touch up. My skin looks smooth and flawless yet natural. It really does make my skin look wonderful in photographs or video. I think I may just have found my HG. I still have my eye out though because the palest color is not quite pale enough for me.

MINUS A LIPPIE: I did take this product down one lippie just for the sheer amount of time, effort, perseverance, and the amount of other products it's success replies upon. I also would take it down another half lippie if I could for the fact that they simply do not provide enough very fair shades or enough variety of undertones in very fair shades.

♥ Thanks for reading my review! Hope it was helpful! ♥

24 out of 25 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 9/20/2009 4:01:00 PM More reviews by Gothoria

I have combination 2 oily skin, & this foundation totally made it worse, no matter wt method I used it kept on flakin, I used it with a normal foundation brush, with a duo fiber brush, with my hands, with primer & without promer but nothin seemed 2 work, I take a good care of my skin & I rarly face such problem with foundations.

both my sisters tried it & both had the same result as mine..
maybe coz im livin n a different country at another contenent with totally dry hot climate, I guess thats y its not workin 4 us..

totall waste of money

Thnx

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2009 6:03:00 PM More reviews by mzcali4nia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am in love with this foundation! I'm NC37/40-42 and got matched to 155. It is so natural and can make you look so polished. I'm a stickler for blemishes and most days, I don't need to apply concealer or I put just a little on my undereye area because it covers them so well with just one pump. The best brush I've used with it is a 190. I also get great results with the 109 and 187 but prefer the 190 or 109. This is HG for me!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/17/2009 3:17:00 AM More reviews by tropical_dreams15

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

So this is the first non-drugstore foundation I've used and I really like it. I have sensitive skin so I needed something oil-free but with coverage and the guy at Sephora recommend this and so I bought it. It hasn't made me break out or anything which is important. But because it's oil free I alway apply moisturizer first to make sure it is applied evenly and smoothly. I was really surprised by the wide range of colours this product is offered in (over 25 shades). It gives a lot of coverage and has a nice finish to it; neither matte nor dewy. I love the packaging because it isn't messy and you don't have to use your hands getting product out; you just pump once and the perfect amount of foundation comes out. If you're looking for a high-coverage, oil-free foundation then you might really like this; I know I do.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2009 2:16:00 AM More reviews by nattyngeorge

Let me start out by saying.. I went through hell trying to figure out my foundation shade in this! lol I am a MAC true NC40. I can also wear NC35 or 37 if I'm not as tan.. but for 90% of the year, I'm an NC40. In MUFE Matte Velvet I'm a #35 or #40.. both work for some reason and in MUFE Face and Body I'm a #34.. I also heard if you wear 34.. #6 will work for you as well. ANYWAY, onto the HD. I've been wanting to try this so bad, but the $40 price tag made me steer away a bit since I've been broke lately.. but finally I had extra money to spend so I decided to get this foundation. I have dry to normal skin. I actually have a mixture of cool and warm tones in my face. I have a bit of rosiness in my cheeks along with yellowness. Yellow foundations work the best for me and look the best. Any foundation with the tiniest bit of pink looks horrible on me and will not match my neck.. because my neck is golden brown. When I went to Sephora, the lady matched me to #150. I told her, this looks awfully pink.. I dont want a foundation with a pink tone. Then, she proceeded to tell me that it looks like I have beige/peach tones in my face and this color will compliment me well. And, that MUFE HD has a wonderful formula that will blend in with your skin tone and body chemistry. Meaning, if you put a color on your face that is a little off, it will adapt to YOUR skin tone and match. That sounded lovely and all, but I didn't believe #150 (called PINK beige) was going to be my HG color. I asked for a sample and took it home. It did somehow match my skin alight, but as I wore it for a few days I started to notice this color is INCREDIBLY pink. Just like I thought. I did some research and saw that lots of NC40 gals wore shade #153. When I tried that, it was incredibly dark and orange! I can't believe it works for many NC40's! Maybe an NC42-43 is what it looked like. I proceeded to try others.. #140 was too light, #127 was still a tad light with a hint of pink.. and AH! #128! The love of my life... This looked really dark in the bottle and I was skeptical.. but it looked like the perfect tan with yellow tones. So I tried it out for a few days and its the PERFECT MATCH! IF YOU'RE A NC40, GET #128! :) I since then bought the full size. I use my E.L.F Powder Brush to apply it. Lots of gals love the Sephora Platinum #55 Airbrush.. they say its AMAZING. I sometimes use the MAC 187, but I find that a full, soft, synthetic brush works better. You need to set this with a setting powder or else you will be shine city by the end of the night. I use MAC Blot Powder and it works great. This is one of my favorites! ***EDIT: I don't self tan as much as I use to and 128 is a little dark now.. I'm around NC35-37 and use 125 or 127. Both are awesome.

11 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2009 10:14:00 PM More reviews by ggracebasa420

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I love this product a lot! I use to use the liquid lift formula until I got introduced to the HD one and i fell in love. i love how to doesn't make me look shiny nor does it give that oily feeling. Feels very natural and light and has great coverage in my opinion! I would definitely buy again considering this might actually be my HG for now! (you know we always try finding "better" ones!)

rated 3 of 5 on 9/15/2009 8:20:00 PM More reviews by Ogstar

Ok. So I bought this because I was in a wedding and wanted to look great in pictures because I tend to look more pastey. I really like it. It cover GREAT.
I use it like this: I conceal all the spots that I need and under my eyes. I apply it in circles and buff it out on my face with a brush. I then take loose translucent powder and brush it over. It stays and looks beautiful. I've even gotten compliments on my complexion and right now, with make up off, it looks TERRIBLE (thanks to mychelle cranberry cleanser). . Anyway, try it. If you don't like it just return it to sephora. I have oily skin and I love it. Hope that helps!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/15/2009 6:48:00 PM More reviews by MarifreakinA

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really, really like this stuff, and if it wasn't $40 for a 1.01oz bottle I would definitely buy it. The woman at Sephora gave me a make over yesterday because I was I was interested in the HD collection, so she used it as a foundation.
One thing, I LOVE the primer she used, it was the green primer and it just felt wonderful. I also fell in love with the concealer and will most likely buy it one day because it's cover is flawless. However, I have a cool skin tone and this gave my face kind of yellow undertones which gave me a morgue look. However, I was not wearing any blush. I think this is more for the working class woman, I think maybe if i was working with people all day and had to look my best, (like a pharmaceutical rep) I would definitely buy this stuff because it does offer terrific coverage and does not break me out or leave my skin looking oily like a lot of other foundations do. Great foundation, just not worth paying $40 for.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/15/2009 9:59:00 AM More reviews by Charito738

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am getting married in November 09 and I have been looking for the perfect makeup pieces to get the right look for both my bridal photo shoot and the wedding day. I gotta say that the finish of this product is amazing. This line of MUFE unfortunately, was the only one at Sephora that had a good match for my skin tone. I was really looking for the Face & Body line but didn't work out very well. But once I tried this on and went outside into the natural light of day my face looked so tender....I am yet to see how this will look in pictures and I will leave a comment about that result once I take them.

I am giving it 4 lippies because the color is not an "exact" match but darn close...and the price HURTS!