August 1, 2014 | 961 users online

Foundations - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Foundation

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2009 4:46:00 PM More reviews by DiyaSpade

I tried this foundation twice. 2 bottles, 2 different shades ove a time span of 1 month. Getting colormatched was a pain. I'm an NC40-42/C4 in MAC, and the colors they chose for me were either too yellow or too red. The application was okay at first. It seemed to blend in nicely without looking odd/cakey, but after a few hours the foundation turned oily and made me look orange. I gave this foundation 2 chances, and it didnt work out too well for me. I'll stick to MAC F&B and keep looking for something that can offer me more coverage.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2009 11:25:00 AM More reviews by tiarajoe

I got to admit this product is really good if you're constantly being photograph at. I model for this product before, and when they did half of my face and took it with a HD camera (alot of camera uses HD now) the difference is really visible. The made-up face was slimmer, firmer and flawless. You can skip the concealers while using this product. the only 2 cons that i can make off after using this product is that (just don't be stingy with the foundation, but it does not look at all cakey)

1) eyeshadow make-up will slip right off ( this is after you powder the face with the HD loose powder) but you can add a bit of concealer or a little bit of the foundation on the eye lid to hold it.

2) The cost of it!! Imagine you have to get the HD pirmer, HD foundation, HD loose Powder, the kabuki brush and the eye colours.... its cost you a bomb.

If you want a cheaper alternative (but forget the camera-magic it can do) stick with the face and body. To the naked eyes, both products looks the same.

Hope this review help

10 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2009 2:20:00 PM More reviews by ChristineW2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my current HG. It makes my skin look like silk and it's invisible to the eye.
I have nice skin to begin with so I only need concealer under my eyes but I can see where someone with blemishes might want more coverage. I have heard it can be layered but I haven't really had need as of yet. It seems to wear well. I also use the HD powder which does great though it does leave a whitish cast to the skin but that fades after a few moments.
I used the HD primer and it's nice but not superior to my other primers (Cinema Secrets and Smashbox).

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2009 10:16:00 AM More reviews by powderpaint

i love this foundation. i use a 155 shade and so far this is one of the best foundations ive used. it feels light on the skin and i havent experienced any irritations or breakouts (been using this for almost a month).
i do not use the standard foundation brush with this because it gets streaky. ive been using it with a mac stippling brush or the 106 brush (or sometimes my fingers) and the coverage is amazing, ive gotten complements on how fresh i look and how even my skin is.

will repurchase even if its a bit expensive

rated 1 of 5 on 9/4/2009 8:40:00 PM More reviews by heyitscarmen

There are three things I don't like about this foundation:

1). I'm a MAC NW43, MUFE F&B 12 or 26. There was no color that matched my skin in this line.

2). I didn't like the finish, I prefer a dewy finish and you could tell that I had foundation on.

3). The price - ridiculous.

The packaging is nice, comes with a pump but overall I don't actually use this foundation. I'll stick with Face and Body.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 9/4/2009 4:18:00 PM More reviews by ChelseaElizabeth

Expected much better, enhances dry patches and appeared cakey, even with moisturizer

rated 4 of 5 on 9/3/2009 9:18:00 PM More reviews by al218

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Ive gotten SO many compliments after using this stuff. I swore I'd never wear liquid foundation again, but this stuff is fantastic. No breakouts so far. I wish it were a tiny bit cheaper but overall im happy with my purchase.

Update: Wil not purchase again. I like Chanticalle.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/2/2009 10:09:00 PM More reviews by sarahnelson2005

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this product and returned it. I tried several colors at Sephora, but I ultimately couldn't find a color that matched correctly. I did like the coverage and the way it felt on my face. Too bad.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/28/2009 7:10:00 PM More reviews by pinchopeach

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

nc35ish mac with yellow undertones. i use #123 and it's a pretty good match. i first use smashbox photo finish primer, #123 foundation, and then set it with mac blot powder and it's okay. i've tried many foundation primers with this stuff and it looked different everytime~ i've learned that you've got to find the PERFECT primer to go underneath. i've got combo oily asian skin and smashbox photo finish saved my life! i find that this foundation can have a little slip to it, so i might have to look for something with better staying power for my HG.

update: i've returned this foundation for mac studio fix liquid foundation. MUFE HD came off within a few hours and looked horrible in photos. this stuff is overrated and the color selection is confusing.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/24/2009 11:40:00 PM More reviews by theprincessyessi

nothing special.
i bought it while i was in vegas and i didnt use till i came back to california & i came back with kinda dry skin.
i hateeddd it on my skin.
its like i put a whole compact of powder and i only used 2 pupms with my 109 brush & no primer.
i think that the mac studio fluid is way better.

but i think that its one of those products where you have to find a way to put it on, like with a certain brush or primer.