Make Up For Ever HD High Definition Foundation [DISCONTINUED]

3.6

Aqua, Cyclopentasiloxane, Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate, Mica, talc, PEG-10 Dimenthicone, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Phenyl, Trimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Lauroyl Lysine, Dimenthicone Crosspolymer, Glyceryl Caprylate, Methylpropanediol, Butylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Cyclohexacyloxane, Methylisothiazolinone, Sorbitan Sesquileate, Silver Oxide, Propylene, Carbonate, Parfum (fragrance), Methylparaben, Fagus Sylvatica Extract (Fagus Sylvatica Bud Extract), Hydrolyzed Yeast Protein, [+/- CI 77891 )titanium Dioxide), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides).

on 1/16/2010 6:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Not good for oily skin. Looks great when you put it on but melts and gets oily within a couple of hours. Doesn't really cover scars so concealer is a must. And worst of all made me break out :( Mat Velvet is much better!

on 1/16/2010 1:20:00 PM

I am asian with combo dry-oily,++oily t-zone, + acne prone
Pros:
-Great coverage
-ultralight texture
-looks great in pictures

Cons:
-Transfers way to easily! Even with setting powder! And #140 comes off orange?!
-Absolute necessity to have GOOD primer
-$$$
-Don't like the application need a wet sponge and very careful application otherwise it can look caky!

on 1/14/2010 7:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I just got this not too long ago, and have been using this on an everyday basis. colleagues commented that my face looks more 'nude' and that i have a nice glow (could be because of a new technique i used to apply my blush and highlighter).

the texture is fantastic; at first, i thought it would be thick and cakey(bought it to see how fantastic it really is), but it is surprisingly light and easy to apply and i would just need a pump for my face to look presentable. and after brushing it on, it feels as though i have nothing on my face. so much better as compared to my previous MAC experience.
though i have slightly oily skin and tt usually, my makeup would look kinda gross towards midday and worst towards the end of the day, this stayed on well, and even if it is oily, it didnt bother me much cos my makeup still looked so good! :D

got it at S$75, but i would mind getting it again. :)

on 1/14/2010 3:08:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I am a foundation junkie, and with my skin recently changing from oily and acne-prone to normal and clog-prone thanks to a recent course of Accutane, I set out on a hunt for a new foundation for my new skin. Foundations that I've used in the past, such as Colorstay, Double Wear, and Mat Velvet look too masky and dry on my now drier yet still sensitive skin so I thought I would give the popular MUFE HD a try.

Well, I've been wearing it for about a month now, and I love it! The coverage is very buildable yet looks and feels so incredibly light and natural. I apply with my fingers or with my Too Faced kabuki for a more polished, heavier coverage look. The finish is not dewy or matte on my skin, just very natural looking. I occasionally don't even set with powder, for it is quite long-lasting on me, but if my skin is looking a bit oily, I will set it with MAC Blot powder. So far it has not caused any breakouts and 117 is perfect for my NC15, neutral-cool mixed Asian skintone.
UPDATE: I am so so sad that this is killing my skin. This is the only thing I've changed in my routine and my skin is so red and dry and flaky....I'm hoping this works for me once the weather warms up.

on 1/14/2010 3:34:00 AM

my HG foundation. it blends perfectly so you can't see it, but it provides great medium coverage! i have asian skin with minimal spots or acne... i just need an evener, and this is perfect. the only bad thing is the bottle is hard to travel with... so i have a tiny jar and put a little in that for travel purposes. it's a bit pricey at $40, but a bottle lasts me for months... maybe even a year. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!! i <3 Make Up forever!

on 1/13/2010 4:07:00 PM

I did half my face with the HD and the other half with my usual foundation.

I wasn't impressed at all. While it didnt' feel heavy, I felt like i couldnt get the kinda coverage i wanted out of it. Also after a day of wear, it made some pretty bad expression lines on my face and looked horribly dry. No thanks. I promptly returned it.
(my skin is dry to oil t-zone)

on 1/13/2010 10:03:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this based on the hypes on youtube and other beauty blogs but this foundation just doesn't work for me at all. It has no coverage and it makes my skin look oily after a few hours of application. I will stick to my MAC studio fix and EL double wear as I have very oily skin and I like heavy coverage.

on 1/11/2010 10:58:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I had heard so much about this product line and decided to give it a try. I absolutely love it! It has a flawless finish and I did not even have to use concealer. I am a 175 and I apply no more than two pumps with a MAC 109 brush after moisturizer and the HD primer.I set it with MAC loose powder although I have the HD powder. I am told that the matte foundation is also great. I've used it for two days now and have not experienced the breakouts that some mention.

on 1/10/2010 9:07:00 PM

I got this last week at its stand alone MUFE boutique after reading so many positive reviews on this. The SP was so friendly and helpful, and he tried on several products on me, mainly the HD primer, HD foundation, HD loose powder and HD concealer.

I normally use Loreal True Match in G3 and it works fine with me, but wanted to try on a slightly more expensive brand.

So here's the verdict: I must say that the foundation works like a dream! I don't have that much trouble with my skin, except perhaps some noticeable pores, and oil secretion towards midday. All I needed was just a pump from the bottle (My colour is 125). The SP tried it on me on its own first, and he applied it on using a foundation brush. The finish was subtle and it balances my overall skin tone. It felt light, and natural and once he put on the HD loose powder on top of the foundation, my face brightened up real good, while looking oh, so natural, as if I'm not wearing any foundation! Towards midday, my face has this dewy look instead of true blue oily, which is fine with me.

The SP also tried on several of the HD lines, and although I don't fancy the Primer and the concealer that much, I already have the HD loose powder on my list of things to get next month...

on 1/10/2010 7:39:00 PM

I love the product but not the price. $40 a pop, that is a big stretch for me. Considering I WAS using Models Prefer custom foundation that lasted nearly a year for $40. Unfortun. the Models Prefer foundation changed so I had to change.

The reason I rated it high overall was because in photographs, my face looked completely flawless. AMAZING flawless. I have never had this effect in ANY foundation I have ever purchased. That right there says something.

It has medium coverage that is buildable. If you have to change foundation colors in winter & summer, you can still use the summer color on your cheeks for a summer kissed glow. This way, you still are able to get use from your investment. To sum up a long story, I will buy Make Up Forever HD- forever.