Make Up For Ever HD High Definition Foundation

3.6

Aqua, Cyclopentasiloxane, Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate, Mica, talc, PEG-10 Dimenthicone, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Phenyl, Trimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Lauroyl Lysine, Dimenthicone Crosspolymer, Glyceryl Caprylate, Methylpropanediol, Butylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Cyclohexacyloxane, Methylisothiazolinone, Sorbitan Sesquileate, Silver Oxide, Propylene, Carbonate, Parfum (fragrance), Methylparaben, Fagus Sylvatica Extract (Fagus Sylvatica Bud Extract), Hydrolyzed Yeast Protein, [+/- CI 77891 )titanium Dioxide), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides).

on 1/14/2010 3:34:00 AM

my HG foundation. it blends perfectly so you can't see it, but it provides great medium coverage! i have asian skin with minimal spots or acne... i just need an evener, and this is perfect. the only bad thing is the bottle is hard to travel with... so i have a tiny jar and put a little in that for travel purposes. it's a bit pricey at $40, but a bottle lasts me for months... maybe even a year. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!! i <3 Make Up forever!

on 1/13/2010 4:07:00 PM

I did half my face with the HD and the other half with my usual foundation.

I wasn't impressed at all. While it didnt' feel heavy, I felt like i couldnt get the kinda coverage i wanted out of it. Also after a day of wear, it made some pretty bad expression lines on my face and looked horribly dry. No thanks. I promptly returned it.
(my skin is dry to oil t-zone)

on 1/13/2010 10:03:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this based on the hypes on youtube and other beauty blogs but this foundation just doesn't work for me at all. It has no coverage and it makes my skin look oily after a few hours of application. I will stick to my MAC studio fix and EL double wear as I have very oily skin and I like heavy coverage.

on 1/11/2010 10:58:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I had heard so much about this product line and decided to give it a try. I absolutely love it! It has a flawless finish and I did not even have to use concealer. I am a 175 and I apply no more than two pumps with a MAC 109 brush after moisturizer and the HD primer.I set it with MAC loose powder although I have the HD powder. I am told that the matte foundation is also great. I've used it for two days now and have not experienced the breakouts that some mention.

on 1/10/2010 9:07:00 PM

I got this last week at its stand alone MUFE boutique after reading so many positive reviews on this. The SP was so friendly and helpful, and he tried on several products on me, mainly the HD primer, HD foundation, HD loose powder and HD concealer.

I normally use Loreal True Match in G3 and it works fine with me, but wanted to try on a slightly more expensive brand.

So here's the verdict: I must say that the foundation works like a dream! I don't have that much trouble with my skin, except perhaps some noticeable pores, and oil secretion towards midday. All I needed was just a pump from the bottle (My colour is 125). The SP tried it on me on its own first, and he applied it on using a foundation brush. The finish was subtle and it balances my overall skin tone. It felt light, and natural and once he put on the HD loose powder on top of the foundation, my face brightened up real good, while looking oh, so natural, as if I'm not wearing any foundation! Towards midday, my face has this dewy look instead of true blue oily, which is fine with me.

The SP also tried on several of the HD lines, and although I don't fancy the Primer and the concealer that much, I already have the HD loose powder on my list of things to get next month...

on 1/10/2010 7:39:00 PM

I love the product but not the price. $40 a pop, that is a big stretch for me. Considering I WAS using Models Prefer custom foundation that lasted nearly a year for $40. Unfortun. the Models Prefer foundation changed so I had to change.

The reason I rated it high overall was because in photographs, my face looked completely flawless. AMAZING flawless. I have never had this effect in ANY foundation I have ever purchased. That right there says something.

It has medium coverage that is buildable. If you have to change foundation colors in winter & summer, you can still use the summer color on your cheeks for a summer kissed glow. This way, you still are able to get use from your investment. To sum up a long story, I will buy Make Up Forever HD- forever.

on 1/9/2010 4:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

A long time ago I purchased this product, tried it for 3 weeks, was disappointed with it, and returned it. I originally bought this foundation in shade 115, for light skin with pink undertones. Well after doing a lot of researching, I found I was mistaking the "pink tones" in my face for redness, I actually have more yellow to neutral tones (thanks to Wayne Goss, gossmakeupartist, on youtube!). The 115 did not look good on my face, so I thought the foundation sucked. Well...again I was tempted by tons of people saying that they loved this foundation and it was their HG, so I decided to take ANOTHER $40 plunge and bought the shade 117. Well....needless to say I adore it. The foundation is fluidy (which I really like) and it blends so very easy. The coverage is med-full, and can be built upon. I find it covers what I need it to cover and still look naturally, my hyperpigmentation is not completely covered up, but it covers it well enough not to bother me. (on a fair note, I have not found a concealer that covers them fully either, and they tend to look cakey in that area) While this is an expensive product, it was worth the money to me. I think it lasts me about 3 months, so $40 every three months is okay to me. Hope this was helpful to anyone.

on 1/7/2010 8:40:00 PM

This must be the HG foundation of everyone I know. Unfortunately, it didn't work out for me. I never ever everrrrr break out and I got three big red cystic nasty ones (sry lol) from this. The foundation has medium coverage. However it kind of looked dry and maskey on me and I applied with the Mac 187 brush. Lasted pretty long with Laura Mercier Foundation Primer underneath. My T-zone got oily feeling after 3 hours of wear. So time to throw this into the drawer of failed foundations and unload it to friends and family who come to visit.

Whoa, gave me a massive breakout within days of using. I quit using and my beautiful skin came back. Coverage was good (I abandoned my egg and applied with a brush) and the color was good at least for me. Love MUFE concealer but I'll throw the foundation away.

on 1/7/2010 4:23:00 PM

This is the best liquid foundation I have EVER tried! I have combination skin (dry on my cheeks and slightly oily on my nose) and I have a terrible time with getting foundations to look smooth and natural on me. I was at one point buying a certain brand in both formulas (one for my nose and the other for the rest of my face) and that gets to be expensive. This foundation is light and goes on very smooth. It makes my skin look amazing and the color choices are nice as well. I think they just expanded their color selection. I wear 110 and it matches my super fair skin much better than MACs (sorry mac) with no of the orangness. The only thing I really dont care for is the dispenser. The cap isnt very tight so it makes traveling a bit hard and the pump (as previously mentioned) is nice but not very controllable. Though I can over look those problems due to the product itself!