November 27, 2014 | 953 users online

Moisturizers - Clinique - Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 2 of 5 on 4/27/2007 11:51:00 AM More reviews by junkieomakeup

I tried this when I was 15, 8 years ago, and I remember it really "drinking" into my skin. It really was Dramatically different. I bought this a year ago and this is not the same formula. They have changed it or put less of the absorbing ingredient. Their marketing genious probably thought they'd get more bang for their buck. Whatever the case may be, it left my skin oily, broke me out badly. But it works great as a hand lotion! Nice. A 40 bottle of hand lotion. Yeah I think I'll pass on buying this one ever again. Thanks marketing genius...

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2007 6:28:00 PM More reviews by Charlie87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Ah the little yellow bottle of sunshine!! It leaves the skin nice and soft after using a cream cleanser or the Clinique Mild cleanser and clarifying lotion and has a nice light consistency.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/22/2007 2:45:00 PM More reviews by txlawgal

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used to use this product every day. Then I found a cosmetic expert's article online that said this product is basically just vaseline and color. No anti-aging ingredients. Although my skin felt very moist and soft, this Clinique product did nothing to minimize the appearance of little lines after using it for a long time. Since I would rather use something that is actually going to help the aging process, I don't use this Clinique product anymore. Now I use something else that has hyaluronic acid in it, which began to make my crows feet much less visible after a few months. I would say Dramatically Different Moisture Lotion is probably good for young people who don't have any lines or crows feet. But when they get to the point they want to start fighting the aging process, they will not find any benefit to this product.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/22/2007 10:05:00 AM More reviews by hol_eliz

Anybody who has problems with this product is not using it correctly. End of story. It is designed to mimic skins' natural physical state. NOT TO BE USED ALONE AS A MOISTURIZER. That is the major misconception with Clinique's 3-step franchise. With this system, it is so so so important to go to a counter and simply get matched. The process is simple, if your skin is oily, use the gel all over OR the lotion in dry areas. If your skin is dry use ddml all over BEFORE your other moisturizer. Clinique does not market this product to be used alone, its one part of a 3-part system and if you don't use all 3, the whole process is out of whack.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2007 12:03:00 PM More reviews by drea576

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

When you visit a Clinique counter it is very important to ask the people at the counter which product is best for you. The reason that most of you are breaking out from DDML is because it is meant to be used by TIGHT dry skin...not flaky dry skin. If you are breakout prone, you should be using the Dramatically Different Gel. The gel is oil free. Also, the reason that this moisturizer does not have an SPF is because it is to hydrate deep within the skin. Any moisturizer that has an SPF is for the surface alone. If an SPF is absorbed into the skin, it will burn. It is not meant to go anywhere but the surface. Most of the reviews on this product are very disappointing. If you go to a doctor, would you prescribe your own medicine to yourself? Please let the people who are trained tell you which products you should use.

15 out of 23 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 4/20/2007 12:31:00 PM More reviews by Whitewlf00

this stuff sucks end of story

its just a yellow greasy moisturizer that doesnt absorb at all
and leaves your face greasy and prone to breakouts

do not buy

rated 1 of 5 on 4/18/2007 10:58:00 AM More reviews by jczelyph

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used this product and it caused me to breakout slightly. I thought I was out of my annoying skin phase. It left me looking greasy too. I was using a sample, so not worried about binning it. It has no fragrance as such, but smells of itself, which is not entirely pleasant. Also, it has no SPF, which for day use, is not really very useful unless you prefer to use your own on top. I posted this review to the men's ML as well, since they're exactly the same formula. The DDML is cheaper ml per ml, so unless you're a guy with masculinity issues, it's more economical to buy this, the women's version. The packaging is better too (pump vs tube).

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2007 6:29:00 AM More reviews by Izzi_smith

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product works well when used with the other two steps because your skin should be clean but when used with other cleansers and toners it does seem to cause breakouts. But don't let that put you off using it if you are already using clinique skincare.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/14/2007 9:57:00 PM More reviews by Ciaofiore

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

makes me breakout. yet also left dry areas dry. offers no spf, no nothing. i dont understand why anyone would use this product. ick.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/14/2007 11:31:00 AM More reviews by ratmist

I have generally clear skin but it's often dry. This stuff made my skin break out in pimples, some of the cystic, which is very rare for my skin. I'm pretty sure it's because Clinique's formula traps dirt and doesn't let my skin breathe, hence the breakouts. Never again - you'd have to pay me to use this greasy crap.