Urban Decay NAKED

4.6

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 1/18/2011 6:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I am so disappointed in this palette. Everyone has made such a big deal about it but once I got it home I realized that it is mostly hype. The colors are nothing special and it seems like I already own dupes in both UD and other brands. Plus they seem a little too frosty. The palette is good value for the money since you do get so many colors and I like UD quality. That is why I gave it the lippies I did but I wish I had saved my money and bought another Dior quint instead.

on 1/18/2011 4:12:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I absolutely adore this palette! I use it practically every day to wear my eyeshadow for school. I honestly have not touched eyeshadows outside of this palette for months. There are lighter colors for typical everyday use, but there are also darker colors for a night out. This gives the palette more usability and practicality. I don't know of any woman that this palette wouldn't suit. It is absolutely perfect. The formulation of the shadows are fantastic and the pigmentation will last all day. Urban Decay also has gotten their packaging right this time around with this sleek, easy-to-use palette.

Well done, Urban Decay! I will be using this palette for a very long time.

on 1/18/2011 11:28:00 AM

This palette changed my life!Firsly,it is perfect for travelling.You have all the neutral colours that you might need.The quality of the actual eyshadows is very good.They are silky and higly pigmented.I think it this is a superb product for the price and quality.Here are some of my makeup looks that I achieved with this palette
Visit my blog rebekasbeautyworld.blogspot.com

on 1/17/2011 9:47:00 PM

I'm absolutely in love with this palette. Definitely one of the best makeup purchases I made all year. I bought this for both of my sisters for Christmas, and they were absolutely thrilled. Not only is the neutral color palette phenomenal, but the quality of these shadows are unreal. Also, the price of the palette is extremely reasonable considering a single UD eyeshadow is over $15. My only complaint is that there are a lot of glittery shades, which I don't enjoy wearing in a professional (work) setting. Also, my brown liner dried up a bit, but that was my fault b/c I left it uncapped. If you can get your hands on this palette I'd definitely recommend snatching it up ASAP!

on 1/17/2011 5:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I have been wanting this palette since late July and finally got it in January when Sephora finally got some back in stock. I picked up 2.

The colors are all too amazing, minus a few that I really don't enjoy ( gunmetal i dont feel goes with the "naked" feel, and creep isnt super pigmented). The pigmentation of them is very very nice and I love that it comes with the brown liner not only the black because sometimes brown is just what im looking for.

I just recently saw that they brought up the price from $44 to $48 which isnt a huge deal since i believe it's all worth the money, but they shouldn't higher the price because it's never in stock anyways.

I gave it 4 lippies for the reason of it never being in stock and the price being raised. otherwise, it's an amazing palette to have for the perfect neutral eye and on the go. The packaging is also so gorgeous!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I own both this and the Too Faced Naked Eye kit. I find myself reaching for one or the other every day. This is BEAUTIFUL. I'm lucky I bought it with an employee discount and it was only $33 for me :) While it had been sold out everywhere for FOREVER we finally got a bunch at the Ulta I work at so I decided to pick it up :)
Every color is beautiful! I had been playing with the tester for quite a while, so I knew what I was getting. The pigmentation of every color is perfect, and I can see myself having an occasion to wear all 12 shadows! I'm pretty fair, but all these colors bring out my green eyes very well!
The eyeliners are great too. I had never used UD 24/7 liners and I was really pleased! (I usually don't use eyeliners you have to sharpen, but these are so great, I'll probably buy some!)
And the mini primer potion was really great, (I use the Eden primer normally, but used to use the original!) And I'll probably pack that one for trips.
You can create any neutral or even dramatic look with this and it could look good one everyone! I didn't even want it for the hype - I just typically wear purples and silvers so I needed some pretty browns and this was perfect )

on 1/17/2011 4:42:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

I had it when it first came out, and I gave it about a week before I made my final decision.

Honestly? It's not like these are highly unique colors or quality. You could do the same thing with a self-made palette with colors from any other brand of quality. I think this continues to be popular partly because of, what's the word... crowd mentality? Herd mentality. There we go. A few visible members of the beauty community sung its praises and, like the sheep we're all capable of being, clamored to own it. It's not that serious, y'all.

I will say that for being 12 full-size eyeshadows, it's a fantastic deal. Does that make it worth killing yourself trying to find it and buy it before it goes out of stock for another 3 months? Absolutely not. All the colors are easily dupeable, and you can probably find better quality in other brands. I tried a smokey eye with... Creep? The sparkly black? Every time I went in to blend it, it just fell right off my eye and I had to put some more on. My eyelid actually turned red because I kept at this charade for so long before I realized I was fighting a losing battle. I sold mine to a friend after a week. She's gone on to put it up for sale as well.

Just do yourself a favor and create your own neutral palette with the colors and finishes you desire. It might cost more, but you won't feel like a rejected adoptive parent trying to get your hands on this.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I was so please with this palette when i was able to finally get my hands on it! I waited for months, and this palette definitely exceeds my expectations. Every single eyeshadow in this palette is very pigmented and creamy, even more so than my MAC eyeshadows. I also like that they included some matte shades in there, which is unusual for Urban Decay. The packaging is really nice and is durable even though it's not heavy duty. The eyeliners that it comes with are also very very high quality. I was so surprised with the pigmentation of those as well. They are 100 times better than my Lancome pencil liner!

After I bought this palette at Ulta, I went online to Sephora's sight to read some info about it and I noticed negative reviews. They've came out with a new Naked Palette, which is exactly the same except it doesn't come with a duo sided 24/7 eyeliner, but instead comes with an eyeshadow brush. This is unfortunate, because the eyeliners work so well, and you really don't need another shading brush. The price also went up to $48. for the new one, which had quite a few people worked up. I also read that many people had fingerprints in their palettes that were ordered from Sephora, so they're speculating that they were being sold a returned or used palette from Sephora. I'm not sure if this is true, but that really is unfortunate for the customers and the image of Sephora, and many people don't believe it's Urban Decay's fault.

I really recommend this palette to anyone looking for everyday shades, because this palette is so versatile. It's also a very reasonable price for 12 full sized eyeshadows, that would usually sell for $18 each for only the single eyeshadow.

EDIT: I've had this palette for a little over a month, and I'm still pleased with this product. I don't find myself reaching for all the colors in this palette though because I also have a half-filled 15 pan MAC palette that has only neutrals in it. I really only see myself using Virgin from the Urban decay naked palette, which is an everyday color for me. The only other colors from this palette that I really like are Hustle, Darkhorse, and smog. I don't think I will be repurchasing this palette, but instead I will get MAC dupes for Virgin and Darkhorse. other than that, I'll stick to MAC xD

This palette is still great for travel though!

on 1/17/2011 1:11:00 PM

This palette is wonderful. I can pull off so many looks with it and with this purchase it was my first time trying the 25/7 eye pencils. I am hooked on those pencils now. The colors in this palette work well with my pale skin. I usually do very dramatic looks and I can pull of many of them with this as well as very pretty subtle looks. Worth every penny. The only thing I didn't like was the fall out with the color creep it makes a bit of a mess but nothing I can't clean up so no big deal.

on 1/17/2011 11:20:00 AM

I resisted buying this for so long because of the price tag. Also, I have a ton of natural eyeshadows, so I didn't think I needed this. I am so happy that I finally caved and bought this. The colors are beautiful and complement my blue eyes and fair skin so well. The only reason this doesn't get a full five stars is because I wish there was a better mix of matte, satin, and shimmery shades. There are only two shades, which limits my "daytime" looks. I'm also very happy with my mini primer potion and two-sided 24/7 liner. This is my first Urban Decay purchase, and will probably be my last, unless I need another Naked palette. (I find the Milani liquif'eye eyeliners to be of the same quality as the 24/7 liners)

All in all, a wonderful purchase if you use natural eyeshadows often.

Popular Palettes

Contour Kit
NAKED
The Nudes
NAKED3
PRO Palette

Video Reviews & Tutorials

How to Look Like Kim Kardashian- Smoky & Glowy Makeup Tutorial- Naked Palette! by OMGigi

New Year's Eve & Party Smokey Makeup Tutorial! 2015 by Angie Wilches