Urban Decay NAKED

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 1/24/2011 2:58:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

The perfect palette for everyday shades! Amazing pigment, and wonderful colours. Very happy with this purchase!

on 1/22/2011 10:23:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

If you are fair or cool toned, fear not! I'm a very cool pinky NW15ish and I adore this palette. I know there are no rules for makeup, but sometimes I find too many warm shadows look muddy on my skin. All the colors look lovely on (except perhaps half baked, but I've never really liked that one anyway).

There's not much more to say about this palette that hasn't been said already. Fantastic value, easy to create subtle to out there looks, dreamy formula (no crazy glitter!), compact palette design, overall it's a great addition to a collection.

If you're not big on neutrals this is not for you, but if you're looking to flesh out your collection with a bunch of great shades all in one place, I cannot think of a nicer palette.

on 1/22/2011 2:28:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Wonderful palette, as been said many times before. Has a really good color selection to play with. My personal favorites are sidecar, smog, toasted, and hustle. Only problems are it's way expensive and there is a bit of glitter fallout.

on 1/22/2011 1:37:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

The best thing about this palette is the price. I paid 36 dollars. I like how I can really play with all the colors. BUT the eyeliner is just so so. Last about 2 seconds on the waterline and it fades after awhile. Smashbox limitless liner is 10x better and stays on the waterline. I don't care for the primer either. It seems almost watery Too Faced lash insurance 20x better.
I don't like how they are purposely understocking these to feed the hype and then raising the price and giving you less by replacing the liners with a brush so I will not repurchase this for those reasons alone. Even with these drawbacks I still really like the eyeshadows themselves and I have been having a lot of fun with them for the time being.

on 1/22/2011 1:12:00 AM

I know it's been said time and time again but this product is AMAZING. It is completely worth all the hype it produces.

on 1/21/2011 8:57:00 PM

The colors, the blendablity, the value - AMAZING. I can't really add much more than what has already been said. This is a MUST BUY for all eye shadow wearing women. I was one of the unfortunates that couldn't find it at the 44.00 price, so I purchased it via ebay. I spent 10.00 more, but I don't feel ripped off. I am actually glad I didn't take the advise of some that said not to buy it at a higher price. I do agree it's not worth the 90.00 Amazon is trying to sell it for, but I would dare to say if you can find it for 65.00 or under go for it.

on 1/21/2011 2:06:00 PM

Skin: Other, Other, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

So here I go, jumping on the band wagon with everyone else.Yes,I had to buy this palette and I totally blame the Youtube gurus with all they uhhhhs and awwwhhhs.
I got mine at Ulta for $44.00 (?) when it was very much available.
Compared to the the other UD palettes this one was the ONE that looks somewhat like an "adult" palette.What I mean is first of all the packaging does not look like I got my little niece's play makeup out of her doll house ,lol. Sleek and simple = good.
The colors were a lot more wearable than all those other glittery stuff UD has in other kits.Now some of these colors still have glitter ,but most of them just SHIMMERY, very shimmery.If only half of the colors were matt my opinion and rating would go up ,some.The colors are so-so in my eyes,very mono toned I was able to create some good muddy mess try after try.
I should have known better and not give into the pure pressure ,swapped it away,good by NAKED palette.

on 1/21/2011 1:48:00 PM

Overall (breakdown of shadows follows); I see this as a back-up palette, most of the shadows are easily dupe-able or are present in other palettes I own, but it is nice to have all these brown/beige tones in one place. It is maybe not the most flattering set of shadows for my cool, fair complexion, but is perfect for travelling with.. Easy day-time looks with good quality shadows, with an eyebrow colour and eyeliner to boot. The two darkest shadows also make a nice 'going out' look if you're really travelling light!
I wouldn't rush out to purchase again, but i'm essentially satisfied with it and I'm sure I'll make good use of it. It's definitely skippable, but I don't dislike it. (I wish I could love it =()

I like 'Virgin', 'Toasted' and 'Hustle'..
I'm willing to work with 'Dark Horse'(which can be A LOT of work, with the glitter and fall-out).
'Naked' has surprised me, I thought it'd would appear too dark for eyeshadow, and too light for eyebrows.. but it has actually helped my create a really natural looking eye and its matte texture is a welcome change in this overly shimmering palette! 'Buck' is very blah to me, but isn't completely wasted, I use it for eyebrows when this palette's close to hand.

I already own 'Sin', 'Smog', 'Sidecar' and 'Half Baked', 'Sin' would be the only shadow I would repurchase from the three. 'Half Baked' makes me shudder, it's so pretty in the pan but looks terrible on my cool-toned, fair skin.

'Creep' and 'Gunmetal', whilst very nice quality (if not a bit too glittery), are easily dupe-able and not my thing. I would rather use my Nars 'Underworld' duo for a silver look.

The duo pencil that come with is really handy and the mini primer is always welcome.. The packaging looks lovely new, but after travelling/with lots of use became very dirty and the 'velvet' rubbed away from the edges making it look a bit unloved and cheap.

on 1/21/2011 1:36:00 PM

This product is very appealing visually. As far as the colors, they are just average....not such good pigment quality and rather dry. Mind you, I am an older makeup addict....it might be fine for younger girls.

For me, I felt disappointed because I waited so long to get one. Some of the colors are too shimmery. Other products for less money are much better.

on 1/21/2011 12:03:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I received this for Christmas and have to say this is by far my favorite palette!

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Urban Decay Naked Palette Neutral Tutorial by ShyGirlBeauty

How to Look Like Kim Kardashian- Smoky & Glowy Makeup Tutorial- Naked Palette! by OMGigi

New Year's Eve & Party Smokey Makeup Tutorial! 2015 by Angie Wilches