August 1, 2014 | 1827 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - NAKED

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2010 1:46:00 PM More reviews by kirstabelle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Okay, so I finally got this with a little help from a friend whose sister works at Sephora. I love neutral eye looks so I really wanted this palette. Now that I have it, I must admit, it doesn't really live up to all the hype. I mean I like it, and I will get a lot of use out of it, but it is not the perfect palette, and it is not going to suit everyone, and yes I still use my other eyeshadows, and no it has not converted me to an Urban Decay fan for all of the following reasons:

1. The colors: yes they are nice and I do LOVE several of them which makes it worth the $44, but they are almost exclusively warm toned, and some are SO warm toned they're not even going to look good on some people (half-baked, Smog) and there is a lot of shimmer/glitter in here (Sidecar) and there are plenty of colors i here that I would not wear to work (Creep)... I am not even going to use Sidecar , the fall out is ridiculous, and I know that is what UD is famous for etc, etc, but that only makes me wish someone else had made this palette. If there was just a bit less glitter/shimmer this would be much more useable by many more people. For example, anyone with crepe-ing or deep wrinkles under the eyes are going to HATE some of these colors (again, Sidecar).

2. Blendability: I agree with people who say the matte colors look a bit muddy, and I think those specific colors are hard to blend, which is annoying since they should be among the most useful in the palette. When I first started experimenting I did actually wish they'd included a darker matte shade, but then once I used the matte ones they had included I was glad they didn't bother.

3. Packaging/Travel worthiness: Yes chocolate velveteen is very pretty, but come on, this is going to look like total crap in a few months of use, especially if you are going to carry it around with you.

4. Dupability: If you are already a nude/neutral eyeshadow queen, especially if you have a bunch of NYX/MAC, you probably have a lot of similar colors to the ones in this palette. I actually kind of wish I'd just gotten the Nude on Nude palette from NYX. The Milani Liquif'eye pencils are GREAT dupes for the 24/7 pencils, and I actually use those just as much as ever even though I have Zero and Whisky now.

So, there you go. It is a nice palette, but I can't justify a perfect score for all those reasons. Sigh.

Update: I retract my comment about the blendability of the matte's I don't use UDPP and they work a lot better. And I love smog. I would buy that one as a single.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 11/30/2010 9:51:00 AM More reviews by Daysha

I really disliked this palette. Just too much shimmer for me. I've tried to work with it several times and still too much shimmer and fall out. There are a few pretty matte colors, but I found they did not last throughout the day. This is with using UDPP as a primer the first time and again the 2nd time along with a base. Very disappointed. The only reason I didn't return it is because I couldn't find my receipt.

19 out of 23 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2010 9:30:00 AM More reviews by Gizzyxx

I just wanted to let people know that despite this being a lovely palette and super user friendly etc....I have found a nice *almost* dupe for it, for those who cant get thier hands on this palette, or for those who dont want to spend a fortune on it on Ebay or dont want to swap thier life away for this.....

I have both the UD and the dupe and whilst I am going to keep both of them, I wish that I had the dupe first and then I probably wouldnt bother getting the UD!

The dupe I am talking about is the NYX Nude on Nude palette - seriously - it may have less colours than the Naked Palette but it packs a punch and its so much cheaper than the Naked palette, and is great and compact for travel - surely its worth checking out before killing yourself to get one of these UD babies??

:-)

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2010 8:50:00 AM More reviews by iloveurbandecay

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My HG of palettes. Amazing and sensational colours. It's going to take me months and months to go through all the potential colour combinations. And not one of these colours is out of place at work - so wowee kazowee. I bought this in Toronto in November 2010 and there are only a few left in the entire city - so act fast Torontonians!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2010 12:04:00 AM More reviews by suzannaelektra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

What's not to love? It's a great neutral palette, you can do natural or smoky and the shadows are very pigmented. Get it if you can...great price too!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2010 11:13:00 PM More reviews by coconut_ball

This is the only product besides primer potion that i own from Urban Decay.I had never purchased any of their single or palette eyeshadow before since i think most of their single eyeshadow is pricier than MAC and i didn't like any of the palette they came out with.
However, i am in love with this Naked Palette. Sure there're a lot of neutrals in this palette but i love neutral so yeah :).
The color Darkhorse is just gorgeous. I also like the mini size primer potion and the urban decay eyeliners that come with it (pretty great staying power and slide on easily). I also love Virgin as a highlight on my brow bone.
Overall, i love this palette and so does my sister. She currently keeps it so i might have to get a back up. This is a smoky eye made easy palette. Great quality and great price.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2010 6:59:00 PM More reviews by Kurohyou

I bought this palette because there were so many reviews and tutorials online for it, plus I tend to stick with more natural looks.

I am so glad I bought this product!! This is my first item from Urban Decay and I am very pleased!!

the shadows are the most pigmented Ive seen, and they go on so well! I love the range of colors too, you can do natural or make it smokey or dramatic if you like!

Love the travel size primer aswell! and I have to say the eyeliners that come with this palette are HANDS DOWN the best Ive ever used.

I like to use eyeliner for tightlining the upper waterline, and these are the only eyeliners Ive used that havent smudged off or transfered to my lower waterline (which I do not like)

Unfortunately this palette is very hard to find, and can be really pricey.... I got mine on Ebay for between $40-$50 CAD, because that was the only place I could find it at the time.

A lot of people think its discontinued, but Urban Decay has said they are bringing it back for christmas and possibly for good. :)

I love this palette and Ive used it EVERY DAY since I got it. Im even considering giving away my other palettes. HG for me. :D

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2010 6:19:00 AM More reviews by yjkim1981

What more can I say? I wish that I bought a backup before it was sold out. Hopefully they will re-stock for December holiday season.....!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2010 11:16:00 AM More reviews by juicygirl15

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this product because of all the hype, and I have to say it definitely lived up to what I'd been hearing! It has 12 colors in a several types of finishes, and all of them are gorgeous. I generally dislike matte shades, however, the 2 matte shades in this palette are really nice. They are Buck and Naked, and when I use Naked on my lid, and Buck in the crease, I have that perfect "no-makeup" look, which I have been trying to achieve for awhile. There are enough colors in here to achieve the no-makeup look, a smoky eye, and a gold shimmery eye, to name a few. All in all, I would definitely recommend this to anyone who wants a versatile palette, and I would definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2010 10:44:00 AM More reviews by strix

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I previously wrote a review of this palette giving it only 4 stars, and I'm upgrading it to 5 stars.

I'm a fickle person when it comes to my makeup-- I like to change it up and I get tired of products quickly. However, the Naked Palette is one that I have come back to after owning it for awhile and I like it just as much or more than I did the first day I bought it.

First, the chocolate brown velvet packaging with gold letters is lovely, especially for autumn. The magnetic closure and simple design with a mirror inside makes it easy to use.

Second, the quality is great. All pigmented, smooth, and blendable. The most high quality shadows I've used, better than Nars, MAC, Chanel and Dior.

And third, the colors are all wearable, neutral, and pretty.

Virgin is a great highlight color- very natural.
Sin is perfect for the lid. A very useful color.
Naked is nice for filling in my brows. That's the only thing I use it for because it's matte.
Sidecar is an awesome beige, but I hate the chunky glitter. Why make the most versatile color in the palette have annoying fallout? Ugh.
Buck is a matte brown and it is the color I use least often.
Half Baked is my favorite color. Nice for fall, a unique bronzy gold.
Smog looks good as a crease color.
Darkhorse is a unique color, a brown with a bit of olive. Nice for lining the eyes.
Toasted makes a good lid color with Hustle in the crease for a Plum look.
Creep is a navy black. I don't use it very often.
Gunmetal is a shimmery charcoal. Good for lining the eyes.

So many possibilities all within one palette. The only things I'd like to see added are a peach shimmer and a light gold. It's pretty foolproof and all of the colors go together so it doesn't take too much thought.