September 1, 2014 | 1944 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - NAKED

RELATED PRODUCTS

NAKED2: http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=148781/NAKED2-/Urban-Decay/Palettes

NAKED3: http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=167248/NAKED-3/Urban-Decay/Palettes

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2010 1:33:00 AM More reviews by influxious

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

(This is all my honest opinion and results may differ due to different skintones - I have medium olive neutral skin that can be as light as NC35 and as dark as NC42).

[EDIT]: It's been more than 2 years and I still love this palette! I rarely touch Gunmetal and Creep, but I stay pretty consistent with all the other colours. The packaging definitely gets worn down easily but none of my eyeshadows have shattered (I've dropped this quite a few times, opps!). I'm really interested in getting the NAKED 2! It would be cool to have a cool (Naked 2) and a warm (Naked) palette :) [/EDIT]

The Naked Palette is the first Urban Decay product that I have ever purchased. This is the most beautiful palette I've EVER seen! I use this for my eyes and my face to contour and highlight!

All these shadows are amazingly pigmented, barely any eyeshadow fallout (except for the super glittery shade = Sidecar), and lasts all day (even without using the primer potion - I live in Singapore, with an average humidity of about 65% to 95%!).
My palette came with 12 shadows, a mini urban decay primer potion (original) and a double ended eyeliner (zero and whiskey).

Primer Review:
My first eyeshadow primer and I like it! I do see my eyeshadows having more vibrancy upon application and at the end of the day. However, sometimes I find that it cakes on my eyelids, sometimes it doesn't! I have mixed feelings about this product.

Individual Shadow Review:
Virgin (nude satin) is an amazing highlight colour for the brow bone and inner corners. I could use this as a bright highlight on my cheekbones using a light touch with a fan brush.

Sin is a great all-over colour, it's a nice light pink champagne shimmer that is just the right amount of sheen (no chunky glitter at all!).

Naked is a matte medium brown, I sometimes use this to tone down a shimmery shadow. The texture is so soft an velvety. It's a shade darker than my skin so I use it to contour my nose!

Sidecar is a light brown taupey colour with gold glitter. With this shadow you can see the individual glitter pieces. I do experience some glitter fall out with this, so be careful.

Buck is a matte chocolate brown. For a very neutral look, you can use 'naked' all over the lid, and put 'buck' in the crease, blended or you can use it on the outer lid to create a gradation effect. This is my contour powder for my cheekbones and I also use this as a bronzer.

Half Baked is the most shimmeriest (is that even a word? lol) shade and the a stunningl gold eyeshadow.

Smog is a shimmery brown. It's just like a darker version of buck but with shimmer.

Dark Horse is a deep dark brown with a bronze glitter.

Toasted is a medium dark reddish brown with shimmer. This eyeshadow deserves more hype, it's absolutely beautiful. It gives a reddish-copper warmth to my brown eyes. I apply it on my lid, blending it a little above the crease, making sure there are no hard edges. Then, I take 'Dark Horse' and put it in the outer part of my lid. My favorite eyeshadow combo!

Hustle is a dark dark plummy colour with shimmer.

Creep is a black with a blue undertone with some goldish fleck of glitter.

Gunmetal is a dark blue gray colour which is almost monotoned in flash, as it looks like a darkish blue but very dark, almost black in a dim room. A great night-time colour!

The Eyeliners:
Zero - Dark black liner, love it. It stays on my waterline well.

Whiskey - A chocolate brown, a good everyday liner.

Overall, a great neutral and glamorous palette for anyone who are just starting on makeup, or for anybody, really!
Definitely worth getting!

20 out of 21 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2010 More reviews by StrawberryMojito

LOVE! Well worth it!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/5/2010 12:21:00 AM More reviews by KatieLuvsLife1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I got complimented on my eyeshadow by the teller at the bank after applying these eyeshadows for the first time. I was wearing Sidecar, Hustle, and a smudge of Darkhorse. I already love this palette, it IS as good as the hype! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2010 4:35:00 PM More reviews by uberboi1989

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I found this palette in a JC Penny's in-store Sephora on Black Friday, much to my amazement. At first the price did seem a little steep, but you get 12 amazing blendable colors, two eyeliners and a mini-primer potion.

I personally like MAC's PP a bit better, but having these cute little UDPP on hand is definitely a plus. The colors, on the most part, have a faint shimmer leaving the palette with only two "true" matte colors. There are many colors that almost melt (they blend so easily) into each other to create these gorgeous, "my eyeslids have a little something on them, but nothing crazy" effects.

The palette could even be divided into day vs night looks- the left side has lighter "nude" colors while the right holds the darker browns/gray shadows.

I have to say that the comments about the shimmer being too much are really not that valid. There is a slight shine to a few colors, but only if you really go bananas could you get glittery drag-queen eyes and eyeshadow fallout.

An excellent product on a whole, I'm hooked!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2010 6:51:00 PM More reviews by makeupLOVER92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

MY FAVORITE NEUTRAL PALLETE EVER! I have a thing for neutrals eyeshadows. I love how some eyeshadows have shimmer and some is matte. I can do all kind of looks with just this pallete.The price isn't bad at all as well. You get what you paid for. I would definitely purchase this again:)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2010 10:32:00 AM More reviews by TopNote

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Its a great palette to travel with since basically all you need for a neutral/smokey eye is available. But the shadows are just not the best quality. To me some are hard to blend, even a tad chalky. Really if you put together all of your neutral shadows(because odds are, you probably already have similar dupes of whats in this palette) it would be just as good, if not better. I would say this palette is great for someone who doesn't have a lot in their kit or is just starting out. But if you already have a large collection of shadows, buying this palette would be just extra, its not necessary.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2010 7:30:00 AM More reviews by xxomargaret

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

love love love! HG :) perfect for a kim kardashian smokey eye in a box .. seriously. i am all about black eyeliner with smokey eyes but i'm just too pale now and can't pull it off, and i don't feel like tanning is worth it. these colors give the perfect brown smokey eye for day or night time. the colors are beautiful and high quality.. tiffanyd on youtube/facebook has a great tutorial for this palette. love that it comes with pencils and primer too!! soo glad my ulta had a few of these so i can have new pretty shadows for the holiday :)

rated 3 of 5 on 11/30/2010 10:37:00 PM More reviews by Ohh_love

This palette is OK. My favorite colors are virgin because it makes a lovely subtle highlight, naked, buck, smog, half baked and creep. The rest of the colors are a bit too over the top for daytime, and i find that some colors are too powdery and there is sooo much fallout! I think that if you happen to see this palette go ahead and buy it, but definitely DO NOT pay the ridiculous prices on ebay. It is worth the price but that's as far as it goes.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2010 1:46:00 PM More reviews by kirstabelle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Okay, so I finally got this with a little help from a friend whose sister works at Sephora. I love neutral eye looks so I really wanted this palette. Now that I have it, I must admit, it doesn't really live up to all the hype. I mean I like it, and I will get a lot of use out of it, but it is not the perfect palette, and it is not going to suit everyone, and yes I still use my other eyeshadows, and no it has not converted me to an Urban Decay fan for all of the following reasons:

1. The colors: yes they are nice and I do LOVE several of them which makes it worth the $44, but they are almost exclusively warm toned, and some are SO warm toned they're not even going to look good on some people (half-baked, Smog) and there is a lot of shimmer/glitter in here (Sidecar) and there are plenty of colors i here that I would not wear to work (Creep)... I am not even going to use Sidecar , the fall out is ridiculous, and I know that is what UD is famous for etc, etc, but that only makes me wish someone else had made this palette. If there was just a bit less glitter/shimmer this would be much more useable by many more people. For example, anyone with crepe-ing or deep wrinkles under the eyes are going to HATE some of these colors (again, Sidecar).

2. Blendability: I agree with people who say the matte colors look a bit muddy, and I think those specific colors are hard to blend, which is annoying since they should be among the most useful in the palette. When I first started experimenting I did actually wish they'd included a darker matte shade, but then once I used the matte ones they had included I was glad they didn't bother.

3. Packaging/Travel worthiness: Yes chocolate velveteen is very pretty, but come on, this is going to look like total crap in a few months of use, especially if you are going to carry it around with you.

4. Dupability: If you are already a nude/neutral eyeshadow queen, especially if you have a bunch of NYX/MAC, you probably have a lot of similar colors to the ones in this palette. I actually kind of wish I'd just gotten the Nude on Nude palette from NYX. The Milani Liquif'eye pencils are GREAT dupes for the 24/7 pencils, and I actually use those just as much as ever even though I have Zero and Whisky now.

So, there you go. It is a nice palette, but I can't justify a perfect score for all those reasons. Sigh.

Update: I retract my comment about the blendability of the matte's I don't use UDPP and they work a lot better. And I love smog. I would buy that one as a single.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 11/30/2010 9:51:00 AM More reviews by Daysha

I really disliked this palette. Just too much shimmer for me. I've tried to work with it several times and still too much shimmer and fall out. There are a few pretty matte colors, but I found they did not last throughout the day. This is with using UDPP as a primer the first time and again the 2nd time along with a base. Very disappointed. The only reason I didn't return it is because I couldn't find my receipt.

19 out of 23 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No