Urban Decay NAKED

4.6

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I recently used my Ulta 20% off coupon and got this for $35.00 which is a STEAL. Ive used it a few times and am IN LOVE. 12 practically full sized shadows, each one a great color and finally UD left out all the glitter nonsense. The eye liner is nice but I own about 5 other Zero eyeliners but I do like the brown and of course a primer potion that I just cant live without (hence I have about 5 on back-stock lol) Overall this was a great deal and I look forward to more experimenting.

Definitely a must have neutral palette. I personally do not own the NYX neutral palette or any other palettes that are consisted of neutrals, so I can't compare. So without any comparison I can list a few strong points of Naked:

- Great colour payoff. Why am I not surprised from UD?
- Pretty subtle shimmer except for Sidecar which is for those a little bit more special days :)
- Possibility to create a 'neutral' look without necessarily working with browns: Of course, you have your browns with Smog, Darkhorse, etc., but you also have warm slightly plum-like colours like Toasted and Hustle. And for those who dig more cold tone, you have Gunmetal that works great with the matte shades (Naked and Buck) to create whatever you like.
- Virgin is really a superbbb highlighting colour!

I however did take a lippie off for a few (minor, but worth mentionning) reasons:

- I feel the shadows are slightly too soft. I own Smog in the Ammo palette and it feels a bit harder in Ammo's than Naked. But maybe I just got a "bad" batch or something. Bad as in slightly different. I'm not complaining too much.
- The magnetic-ish packaging is classic from UD, but it's definitely not the best thing. I'm always a bit worry when I have to carry the palette or something.
- I got the batch with the dual eyeliner and love it because 24/7 eyeliners work really great, even with an eyeliner brush so yo can wing it out and keep things clean. But I do feel the palette loses a bit of it's practical side after the dual eyeliner is replaced by the brush. A look just doesn't feel complete without eyeliner. Oh well, can't do much about that though.

If you can get your hands on it, then don't hesitate because you likely won't be disappointed. For the newbies in makeup, you might feel like this is the only thing you'll ever need, but after a while, you might still consider getting one or two shades of blues or purples. However, you sure won't need to buy tons of other palettes. This one compliments pretty much every look except for Haloween's ?

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Got this for Xmas!! Love it!! Colors are beautiful & easy to blend. The double ended eye liner is nice. I don't like the brown in this kit as much as my Bourbon UD pencil. This one isn't as dark brown, almost a metallic copper/brown when I apply it on my waterline. I've noticed that the new palettes come with an eyeshadow brush instead of the eyeliner! I depotted the little UDPP that comes with this. I cut completely in half with scissors (wasn't tough) & scooped out using qtip. Currently storing it in a Mac sample jar which is filled to the brim! There is fall out with most of the shimmery colors, so I just do my eye makeup first, wipe it away & then apply the rest of my face. Or hold a tissue underneath the eye to prevent fallout. If you're on the fence about getting this... JUST DOWIT! DOWIT! ....DOWIT!! :)

I love this palette. I have extreme cool tones on my skin and I still manage to make it work beautifully on me. The colors build up anyway I want with minimal effort not to mention that it blends easy. I managed to get the one with the liner and it was definitely a worthwhile purchase for me. It is a great standard palette that allows for multiple looks. I keep going to these shadows regularly now.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I've had this for a few months now and aside from trying to use up other eyeshadows, this is pretty much all I ever use. I love all the colours and think it's a great deal. The quality of the shadows is excellent and even the matte shades are easy to blend. The only issues I have with this palette are the packaging and the eyeliner. I hate the eyeliners (controversial?) and would have preferred the brush they are now selling it with in the US. I worry the packaging will get dirty.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

love this palette. i've had it since it was first released, and have used it CONSTANTLY since. it is just the perfect combination of neutrals. my favorites are virgin (almost completely used this one up, the most amazing highlight color i have EVER used, and i own tons) and buck, a beautiful matte chocolate brown. the only color i don't use is the gunmetal grey, but just because i don't generally use greys and it doesn't seem to fit in with the rest of the colors. the palette is cute and bulky, so it travels well.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

I waited for months to be notified by Urban Decay that this was back in stock, because I was unwilling to pay more than retail for this. I got it today, and it was worth the wait. The colors are lovely, but as others have said they are not unique. It is very convenient to have 12 full size shadows in one palette, but not enough for me to pay what some sellers on ebay or Amazon were asking for this. I have to admit that I have become a makeup addict, but makeup is just not that serious. I paid $44 for the palette with the two sided eyeliner. I plan to buy the new Naked palette that contains the full size brush for $48. If you are still waiting to get your hands on this palette, just be patient and remember that good things come to those who wait.

Love love LOVE! I used at least one shadow out of this palette every day. Virgin is my HG highlighter for under the brow bone. :]

My basic day look is: Sin all over the lid, Naked blended into the crease, and Virgin under the brow bone and in the inner corner.

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I went into ulta one day just to test it out and when i realized they had one left i had to buy it. the colors are so beautiful and over a dozen looks you can create with this palette. this has become my everyday eyeshadows. it also comes with my favorite liner zero and a primer potion. its a good price and suggest you go out and buy it!

This is a good neutral everyday palette with good color selection and high quality. I do like it. With that being said, I took off one lippie, due to the fact that it takes them forever to produce this product as a marketing strategy. I don't see this behavior as being "customer oriented".

Video Reviews & Tutorials

How to Look Like Kim Kardashian- Smoky & Glowy Makeup Tutorial- Naked Palette! by OMGigi

Bronzed Naked Palette Tutorial! by fashionista804