September 30, 2014 | 1265 users online

Foundations - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Foundation

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2009 4:25:00 AM More reviews by MakeupAddictLa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I tried this product on when I was having a makeover at Sephora. This truly makes you look HD perfect. With this foundation, you really dont need concealer. It conceals so much better than any concealer would and it makes your skin look so perfect! This foundation really provides maximum coverage in my opinion. ( I dont really have skin issues, all I really needed to cover was my under eye circle and some pimple scars and this worked amazing for that). This foundation even make my pores disappear! Two thumbs up for the coverage!

Given the amazing coverage, I really thought this product would feel really heavy on my skin but I was wrong. This product feels light and surprisingly moisturizing! My skin did not feel dry throughout the day nor did oil break through like it normally would.

This product is really amazing but the only reason why I didnt buy it was because this is not the sort of coverage I need for everyday purpose. This is something that I would only need on those special occasions when I want to look extra polished.

Overall a great product but not something I would wear daily as a student. Definitely check this out and try it our if you are in the market for a really good foundation.

UPDATE:

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2009 4:36:00 PM More reviews by makeupjunkie35

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This foundation reminds me of Lancome Teint Idole Ultra 14-hour Enduringly Devine fndt. It has the same silky feel going on, there is PLENTY of time to blend, and it creates a smooth canvas -really minimizing pores. Feels super light and airy, not heavy at all, yet covering my imperfections for the most part. The only difference I can tell right now is that HD Marble #117 fntd (more yellow in it) is an EXACT match for my skin, vs Lancome's Buff 2 (W) which is more neutral. I am telling you, it is my perfect shade!! Oh, I used Revlon Colorstay Mineral Powder fndt in Fair/Light to set it, and it melded perfectly, still feeling super light.

****UPDATE**** This fndt wore for about 6 hours in fairly good shape. Just like the MUFE Mat Velvet and MAC Powder Plus Foundation, I could see the gradual disintegration of the product. No comparison to Lancome 14 hr as far as performance and wear.

EDIT 12/19/12: If you are looking for a foundation that holds up better that is the same shade as I referenced in my original review above, then you will LOVE Estee Lauder Double Wear liquid foundation in Bone 17 1W1 liquid fndt.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2009 9:45:00 AM More reviews by missred2u

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really liked how my skin looked when wearing this. However, I had a mild allergic reaction to it. I do think this would be great for someone with less sensitive skin than myself.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2009 7:42:00 PM More reviews by autumnn

I am so happy there is finally a buildable natural looking foundation for me! I have tired endless brands and this one is the velvity winner! I am very fair and have trouble finding a foundation that isnt orange or pink on me, I LVOE IT

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2009 1:04:00 PM More reviews by Sayoko

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Finally, a foundation that works! I've been an avid user of powder and creme foundations for a long time now because i gave up on trying to find the right type, shade and consistensy of liquid foundation. I have normal skin with a few break outs every now and again and slight darkness under the eye area. I wanted light to medium coverage MUFE's HD foundation comes in about 25 different shades, at first I was skepital about finding an exact match but #177 was a perfect match for me!. I use my mac 180 buffer brush to apply this foundation and the results = phenomenal. I love the effect this foundation gives off, a nice dewy look without being greasy or the broiled turkey look.
after application, my skin looked great IRL! and after seeing myself in pictures of myself at my cousin's wedding, my skin looked fantastic!!! During the day, I got a little shine, and I only used powder to set once. .
Pros: looks great IRL and in photos blends well
Cons: I had to set it during the day

rated 3 of 5 on 9/28/2009 7:08:00 PM More reviews by delasou1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

After a month of using this, I'm going to remove a lippie since I am choosing to return it in order to continue on my search for an HG foundation.

MUFE HD in does in fact break me out to an extent (small whiteheads/blackheads). My forehead was about the only area on my face that was extremely smooth in comparison to the rest of my face, and ever since using MUFE HD, I feel little bumps all over my face whenever I wash it, even on my former clear and smooth forehead. More over, it does not do a good job covering up my acne hyperpigmentation as I'd like since it is more sheer than I thought. Since I have to layer this foundation in order to cover up my problem areas, the HD effect is no longer there. It looks nice at a distance, but up close, especially as I have found with my car mirror, it looks cakey, unnatural, and accentuates my pores. I have also found that the finish can make me sometimes look a bit dead because of the mattifying properties. When there is a glow initially, this glow wears out as the day goes by when the oil from my face breaks through. However, I still think is decent, as the color matches me perfectly, evens out my skin tone to an extent, and looks very natural if used minimally (i.e. 1 layer). However, I would not repurchase it again because there is a better foundation out there for me (recently, I tried the Chanel Mat Lumiere at a counter, and the matte, yet very luminious finish is spectacular, I will have to look into it some more). I really wanted to like MUFE HD, but I think it is more suitable for clear-skinned girls with normal to dry skin. If you have acne scars and wish your foundation would cover it up, this is NOT the foundation for you (your acne scars will still show through)!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 9/28/2009 5:40:00 PM More reviews by lolabell19

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I really liked this foundation the first time I applied it to my skin. I was using it with The Balm concealer and I felt the combination of these products worked well, but I think it started breaking me out. My skin is acne prone and it has Talc in it. There is also a moisturizing ingredient that ended up leaving my skin really oily after only a few hours.

The good:
I wore this foundation to a wedding and my skin looks great in photos...not ashy or rutty like other medium coverage foundations might create

The bad:
Up close, this foundation looks really bad. It accentuated dry spots and looked cakey.

It took a lot of work to get this foundation to look nice on my skin. I tried several application methods and it is just not something for everyday use. I had to apply power every few hours to absorb the extra oil, but it also made other spots look ever drier.

This just wasnt for me so I took it back to Sephora. I am looking for something that looks great, not just in pics, that I can wear everyday without as much fuss to keep it looking nice.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/26/2009 7:11:00 AM More reviews by dlgdcpa

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I've tried so many foundations, both ds and high end, and this is just terrible. It sat in my pores. I tried primer, no primer, different primers, moisturizers, mattifies, nothing worked. The coverage is, at best, light to medium, though the colors are great. I did notice that it looks good from a distance, but up close it was just disgusting. Why is it so hyped in magazines and on Sephora?

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/24/2009 12:49:00 PM More reviews by cmitakis

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

The first couple times I wore this, I was ready to return it. It seemed to oxidize pretty bad, a problem I never had with my other foundations, and my face would get greasy after several hours. Basically the same problems many have with this foundation. So, I decided to use a silicone primer, not the HD but one I already had. The trick, however, with the primer (or regular moisturizer if you aren't using primer) is to WAIT a good FIVE mins before applying the foundation. This foundation doesn't play well with others! And this (along with using just one pump stippled on with a brush) has done the trick. My face now looks "natural" while still having coverage, it doesn't feel like I'm wearing a mask, and the foundation lasts 7-8 hours. I do apply powder to set, not the HD but just a powder I already had. If you are super oily or need super coverage, I would get Mat Velvet instead - this one seems to work for normal to dry/combination types best, and while this claims to be full coverage, it's more medium. Oh and if you are taking pics - this stuff really does make your skin flawless looking in pictures! UPDATE: Just wanted to say that I am liking this more and more now that I have the application down. I feel that application technique is really key with this one. I used my stand-by DW the other day after having used the HD for a while, and the finish just didn't compare. I'm not saying the HD is the best foundation out there, but for me anyway it's turned out pretty decent.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2009 1:26:00 AM More reviews by sparklythings

I really wanted and expected to love this product. But i find it is definitely hard to blend. It is very pigmented and what i would call a full coverage foundation. I tried different methods of application (187 brush, and 109 brush). With fix+, with water spritzed on my face to blend the foundation and to dilute it a bit.
I found it heavy and cakey and it took a lot of work to get it to look good.
In my opinion, it is not an every day foundation.
Not sure how it will do in pictures, but it just wasn't what i wanted or expected it to be.
i actually prefer Revlon's Color Stay foundation over this one.
I returned it today and swapped for Nars Sheer Glow foundation, so we shall see how that ones goes.
I might purchase again in the future maybe for special occasions.... but yeah, it was a bit of a disappointment. I think i prefer application with the 187 brush over 109. It looked more natural with the 187. the 109 just provided way too much coverage, and it just didnt look like my natural skin.