November 23, 2014 | 1987 users online

Foundations - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 10/18/2009 1:22:00 AM More reviews by sarahek

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Okay, so i've had this for months now and have been trying to make it work for me. I have dry skin, but when i first used this foundation i wanted to cry. It looked caked on and emphasized every single little flake on my skin, and found new ones i didn't know existed. BUT i was desperate to make it work for me.
So after finding a moisturiser and cleanser that helped get rid of 80% of the flakes and using a microfibre cloth (thanks for that tip MUA!!) AND applying it LIGHTLY with a DAMP SPONGE i am impressed.
This really looks like skin. not makeup. it is amazing. I can get pretty full coverage, look into a mirror close up and not tell i have makeup on. I finally understand now why this product has so much hype!
Unfortunately i think my shade of 110 is just a tad too light. But only noticeable to me and nothing a little bronzer cant fix. However, i'm now wearing sunscreen daily in the hopes that this becomes a perfect match.
Yes its expensive, but i only need such a small amount each time that i dont mind, and when it comes to flawless skin i'll pay a lot.
I'm not quite sure if this is HG material for me tho. I'm always looking for something better, but this so far is the best foundation i have ever tried.
The way i apply it gives it a sheerer coverage than what others are describing. You can still see a few freckles on my nose, but i like that. I have yet to see how this looks in photos, but i will update soon after a college formal evening. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2009 10:34:00 PM More reviews by amytude

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I've used MMU for several years, but the SA at sephora wanted to try this out on me. I allowed her to do so and I was pleasantly surprised! Gone through a full bottle of this stuff and it is great! Pros (for me): good color match, lasts a long time, gives good coverage, yet manages to feel lightweight (I apply with skunk brush), a little goes a long way (one pump is more than enough), does NOT break me out Cons: I guess price for some people, limited shades, not a good option if you want truly full coverage or very light coverage. I didn't read the ingredients, but am surprised there are silicones in here (as posted per another reviewer). Silicones always break me out, yet this foundation does not. I urge you to try this product if you're in the market for a new foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2009 5:33:00 PM More reviews by nicolekayp

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I loveeeeee this foundation. I usually wear revlon colorstay and liked it, but once i tried this i was hooked. The texture is so creamy and light, and covers amazingly. I love the bottle, the pump is so easy to use. Only negatives are that it's very expensive (still worth it though, it lasts a long time) and the staying power is adequete. But still, I love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2009 8:53:00 AM More reviews by tinaaki

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this foundation!!!!! I recently bought it. It has a light texture but it covers amazingly!!!! That's why you only need a little amount!!! I use it on special occasions since it's very expensive (36 euros) and i want to keep it for a long time. I believe the only disadvantage is its price. It's silicone based so it doesn't clog pores. It's colour is rich and looks so natural even if it covers soooooo well!!!!! Most foundations look cakey if the coverage is good and others look natural if their coverage is poor but this foundation combines both! Coverage and natural looking which is hard to find!!!! I will definitely purchase this product again!!!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2009 1:11:00 PM More reviews by jln7124

I am forever searching for a great foundation that will tone down the pink undertones in my cheeks without looking cakey. This stuff does the trick! I love the pump dispenser which is super sanitary and easy to keep clean. It is a little pricey but you do get a nice big bottle and I expect this will last awhile. I was using this with muf primer underneath but found this made my skin feel oily (though typically it is very dry) so I stopped using the primer and this foundation works a treat. You don't need a lot to get great coverage and it is invisible! Also, it lasts all day which is fabulous as I can never be bothered to do touch ups in the afternoon. This finish on this is more matte than I like (I normally go for something that gives me that dewy look) but over all this is a great product and I would definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2009 5:50:00 AM More reviews by peanut123

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have used 3 bottles of this. I started using it when it first came out. My skin is not bad, and I rarely use it full face. I used it as a concealer. However, if I go out for the night, I apply it as a foundation and love the way it looks. It is very light in texture and covers relatively well. It is very natural looking and does not make me look mask like. My freckles still show through, and it just gives me that polished look. I am not sure whether it is all the silicone products that I use lately, it flakes at the end of the day if I use my vit C serum and sunscreen underneath. But if I just use SPF, it looks amazing. I strongly recommend that you at least get a sample and give it a try. I am not disappointed.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2009 11:37:00 PM More reviews by cparitee

Ok let me start out by saying my face is raw from all of the colormatching I've done this weekend. I am black but mixed with French and I have true olive undertones I've come to find out after all that testing. I also have combo skin with a very shiny t zone. This makeup in 173 is the only and I mean only product that matched my complexion perfectly. I don't look like Casper or an oompa loompa. With primer and HD powder it last 12 hrs straight with no touchups. HG for sure.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/13/2009 2:52:00 PM More reviews by stacieedgar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ok everyone I have to comment on this foundation. It is not that special....not worth 40 bucks. It is good but not great...medium coverage a little shine to it. I have tried a lot of foundations. I want you girls to go to a local Merle Norman yes I said Merle Noman and try the the Luxiva Aqua Balance Foundation. It is semi matte oil free and photo finish...it give great coverage if you stipple it on with mac 187 brush.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/12/2009 8:20:00 PM More reviews by JMazza

This product covers very well, looks great for pictures and on camera. I am so happy with this foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/12/2009 3:18:00 AM More reviews by glenstarr

I use the foundation in 177 and it looks great when I first put it on. Up close and from far, but as the day goes by like 4 to 5 hrs later, my face looks greasy and oily and I have combination skin, its usually dry in the morning and gets oily as the day goes by...so I don't know if this foundation is for me. I'm debating on trying it for a little while longer or just returning it all together. It is is pretty expensive, but so far its ok for it being my first high end foundation purchase. Maybe I need to apply it differently. I'll come back with an update.