Make Up For Ever HD High Definition Foundation

3.6

Aqua, Cyclopentasiloxane, Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate, Mica, talc, PEG-10 Dimenthicone, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Phenyl, Trimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Lauroyl Lysine, Dimenthicone Crosspolymer, Glyceryl Caprylate, Methylpropanediol, Butylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Cyclohexacyloxane, Methylisothiazolinone, Sorbitan Sesquileate, Silver Oxide, Propylene, Carbonate, Parfum (fragrance), Methylparaben, Fagus Sylvatica Extract (Fagus Sylvatica Bud Extract), Hydrolyzed Yeast Protein, [+/- CI 77891 )titanium Dioxide), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides).

Whoa, gave me a massive breakout within days of using. I quit using and my beautiful skin came back. Coverage was good (I abandoned my egg and applied with a brush) and the color was good at least for me. Love MUFE concealer but I'll throw the foundation away.

on 1/7/2010 4:23:00 PM

This is the best liquid foundation I have EVER tried! I have combination skin (dry on my cheeks and slightly oily on my nose) and I have a terrible time with getting foundations to look smooth and natural on me. I was at one point buying a certain brand in both formulas (one for my nose and the other for the rest of my face) and that gets to be expensive. This foundation is light and goes on very smooth. It makes my skin look amazing and the color choices are nice as well. I think they just expanded their color selection. I wear 110 and it matches my super fair skin much better than MACs (sorry mac) with no of the orangness. The only thing I really dont care for is the dispenser. The cap isnt very tight so it makes traveling a bit hard and the pump (as previously mentioned) is nice but not very controllable. Though I can over look those problems due to the product itself!

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This is the second time I have bought this foundation. The first time, I thought it was breaking me out so I sold it. Turns out it wasn't the culprit. So I tried it again this year. I really wanted to like this foundation, but it just doesn't work for me.
Especially now that it's winter and my skin is grossly dry. This foundation sits on top of my skin, and clings to every little hair on my face.
Will not try again.. and I am sending this bottle back to Sephora.

on 1/4/2010 2:19:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I wish there was a maybe button on would you repurchase. This is a great natural but high coverage foundation but not sure if it justifies the price. I still do love my MAC studio sculpt. But this feels like I am not even wearing any foundation and it looks very natural on me. Will continue to use it up and if I get hooked then will rebuy. For reference I am an NC25 in Studio sculpt and 118 in this. It blends effortlessly into my skin and I like the pump. No breakouts at all yet. Nice product.
UPDATE: This turned out to be a HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT! The color oxidizes into an unflattering peachy shade on me and it caused breakouts when I used it. The coverage was pretty good on this though...thus the 2. I feel that is being generous. If I paid 15 bucks for it a t the drugstore I wouldn't feel quite so disappointed but the price is ridiculous for what you get. Thankfully Sephora took it back and I got the far superior Silk Cream by Laura Mercier.

on 1/4/2010 9:52:00 AM

After hearing lots of good things about this foundation, I decided to give it a try, hoping it would minimize the appearance of large pores, blemishes, acne scars, etc. After all, it's supposed to be made for High Def TV right? There were lots and lots of shades to choose from, so that was nice. The foundation itself is very smooth and creamy, and a little really goes a long way. I hated the big and bulky pump container. Does everyone carry around tote bags as purses? The make-up itself looked great for the first few hours. I applied the foundation and then followed it up with some loose powder to set it. Then unfortunately, as the rest of the day progressed, the make-up broke apart, rubbed off in some areas, and caked up in others. By the end of the day, it looked just awful. I need a make-up that has good staying power and lasts a good 12+ hours still looking good or decent. This didn't. I returned it. Then I went back to my Revlon Colorstay which is much better than this was.

There is no shade of this that is remotely close to my skin tone. I'm a NW10..or a NARS "Siberia" pale, and 115 was waaaaay to dark for my skin.
On the bright side, it didn't break me out and didn't bring out the flakies I hate so much. It did provide a little too much coverage than I'm used to and looked a little cakey/makeup-y. A little overhyped, in my opinion, but I can see why people who want more coverage might like this.

on 12/31/2009 11:31:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Hmm I really wanted to love this. I tried Dior Nude and I love it, but I have many MUFE products and find them to be excellent and wanted to compare this to my HG Nude. It really, didnt leave a "flawless" finish, but it is still a good foundation. MUFE never reaaallly disappoints, but compared with Dior Nude it's just meh.

on 12/30/2009 11:29:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I have very clear but sensitive skin (read: pink and prone to flakiness). Due to these issues, I am very picky about my foundations. I tried this one due to all the good reviews and I really, really, really wanted to like it. I tried. Used it for a few weeks. The sad truth is, it accentuates my flakies and settles into my fine lines (and I don't even have that many lines - somehow, this just finds them). Another thing that bugs me about this stuff is the pump. I mean, I love the fact that it has a pump, but this particular pump is too tight and requires you to depress it all the way to get any product out...which results is way too much product being dispensed, per pump. Thank goodness for Sephora's wonderful return policy - I returned it with about 1/8 of it used and a full refund. I will also add that I love the MUFE line and am currently using the Face & Body makeup (my current HG). This stuff just did not work for me.

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm

HG! HG! I was matched in Sephora twice, once with #120, and with #125...weird. Besides the colour, I love how it gives a flawless finish. Most foundations would accentuate my pores around my nose, but this did not! It is very easy to work with, blendable and buildable. I love how it feels weightless after applying it, and it feels really soft unlike some sticky foundations.

The finish is beautiful and the staying power was quite good even though I had to touch up once on my T-zone area. What I love about this is that it looks natural despite the perfect finish. The price is alright, I wouldn't mind spending a bit more on something that makes me look airbrushed. As for the packaging, it is great! It comes with a pump which allows you to control how much product you want. I would not wear this everyday to school or to work, I would just wear it to special night outs.

Other than that, I LOVE THIS PRODUCT!!!

-EDIT-
I change my thoughts and this deserves 3/5 lippies. The main reason is the staying power and how it controls my oils. It does not stay on long enough. I can see parts of my face fading, or melting away after just 5 hours of wear. However, when this is paired with the MUFE HD primer, then it'll stay on a lot longer.
Also, this does not do a good job controlling my oily parts. My t-zone (which is not really too oily) gets really shiny after a couple of hours! I dont know why, but even if I use a drugstore foundation, my t-zone doesn't get as oily as when I use this foundation.

Overall, I think this is a great foundation if you have normal to dry skin. If you have oily skin, this product will not last on you at all!

on 12/29/2009 8:39:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I got a large sample of this from Sephora, and I've been wearing it for a few days now,and it's just not the foundation for me. My oily skin eats up foundation, and this was no exception - it was gone from around my nose & chin by midday. I find myself having to blot more often with this than my usual Colorstay & Double Wear. For the record, I used it with Monistat Anti-Chafe as primer and Ben Nye Neutral Set as powder.

I'm giving it a 3 out of 5 because the shade selection is fantastic (I use 117; I'm very pale & yellow-toned), and it looks good for the first hour that I have it on - it's good at blurring fine lines and neutralizing redness, but after about an hour my face gets oily and the foundation disappears. Perhaps it'd work for someone with dry skin.