Make Up For Ever HD High Definition Foundation [DISCONTINUED]

3.6

Aqua, Cyclopentasiloxane, Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate, Mica, talc, PEG-10 Dimenthicone, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Phenyl, Trimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Lauroyl Lysine, Dimenthicone Crosspolymer, Glyceryl Caprylate, Methylpropanediol, Butylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Cyclohexacyloxane, Methylisothiazolinone, Sorbitan Sesquileate, Silver Oxide, Propylene, Carbonate, Parfum (fragrance), Methylparaben, Fagus Sylvatica Extract (Fagus Sylvatica Bud Extract), Hydrolyzed Yeast Protein, [+/- CI 77891 )titanium Dioxide), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides).

First things first, I looked at the packaging: this one comes with a pump, and that's always nice and handy. The bottle is transparent, so you can always see how much product is left, that's convenient too. It's not glass and doesn't feel easily breakable, which is good when you're clumsy or still asleep.

I applied with a Mac 190 and I thought it felt a bit heavy. But I tried again with a Mac 182 kabuki, which is the brush I usually use for all liquid foundations, and it worked much better since I didn't need as much product.
The finish is very nice, not totally dewy but certainly not flat matte. The coverage is medium and very easy to build up to full.

The result is flawless and beautiful. Since MUFE HD in 117 was reported to be very yellow, I was afraid it would be too much for me (I'm NC15 but neutral with some warm undertones) and ordered 115. This is a fair beige with a tiny bit of pink in it but I can make it work for me.

It is a good foundation, something I can rely on if I have a long day or if I am going to be photographed but I thought it felt a bit heavy and was getting a bit greasy through the day.

The reason I won't repurchase, is that I find Nars Sheer Glow very similar in texture and result, but HD doesn't last as long as Sheer GLow on me. So I'll stick to the Nars product, although I thing this MUFE HD is a good product.

PROS: Good coverage, it doesn't feel like you're wearing any makeup, wide range of color selection, sanitary pump it comes in

CONS: Accentuates dry patches, but yet makes my entire face look like a shiny disco ball within an hour (and I don't have oily skin).

For the same expensive price, there are better foundations out there (like Estee Lauder Double Wear). I will not purchase this again.

on 1/23/2010 6:17:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

this stuff so sucked! It def. made me breakout and for some odd reason it looked fake on my face, i dont want makeup that looks like i put some shit on my face, and the girl who told me about it, it looked so good on her face like WTH! why does that always tend to happen...im going back to mineral makeup

on 1/22/2010 6:43:00 PM

I've been using this for the past month and it has been great so far - I've only been using it for special occasions as I'm still attached to my trusty Clinique Almost Powder which I've been using daily for almost 3 years! But so far, so good! I'd have to say this has been the best liquid foundation I've tried (I've gone through so many and have tossed a lot in the trash because of problems with breakouts/shade, etc.... this has not let me down so far! For reference, I'm an NC or C30 (Studiofix), 120 in MUFE HD, asian with light skin and yellow undertones. I use "Light" in Clinique's Almost Powder, and used "Sand" in EL Double Wear and "Champagne" in Prescriptives.

on 1/20/2010 2:43:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I use this in #117 Marble and its perfect for my NW-NC20 complexion. The texture is amazing and once I apply it, it glides on like a dream and leaves a natural flawless finish. My only gripe is that it is quite drying and since I have dry cheeks, I have to moisturize very well or else the foundation will leave a flaky finish on my cheeks. I also find that I don't have to powder after this foundation as it doesn't leave a very dewy finish.

on 1/19/2010 10:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Extremely disappointed in this foundation considering all the hype it gets. I have pretty dry skin and this foundation made me look like an oil slick from the minute I put it on. I set it with powder and it still looked really oily immediately after. Also, it transfers really easily which is no good! Everytime I touched my face it came off and I could see it on my fingers. There is no way I would buy this again and can't see how anyone would. I got matched by two different people, first with # 123 and this color was good for winter and the second time with # 127 for summer. This is an okay foundation, but nothing spectacular.

on 1/19/2010 9:49:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I was sorely disappointed with this foundation based on all the hype surrounding it, and how many people claim it as their HD. I think most of them must have extremely oily skin, because it dried me out big time, looking scaly within hours, and I didn't even use a setting powder. It highlighted dry patches rather than covering anything. Coverage was good, but nothing spectacular or 'HD'-worthy, if you ask me. The one good thing I can say is that MUFE had great shade matching. I got a near perfect match, a rare feat for my pale skin. Way too expensive for what you get, IMO, and absolutely horrible for dry skin.

on 1/19/2010 6:08:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I like this product a lot. A whole lot actually. They have such a wide range of colors that I was able to find a PERFECT match for my skin tone (#118)- this was a problem for me with the MUFE Mat Velvet+, I'm somewhere in between two shades but don't want to buy 2 and then have to mix them. The product itself is a relatively runny consistancy, which I find applies best when I use my fingers. It gives what I would call medium coverage and because of that I often use something with color, such as the MSFN to set it. It blends well, and I never have to worry that I'll have the dreaded line of demarcation because it seems to melt into my skin very nicely when I use my fingers. The only downside I can think of, and the reason that I rated it a 4 instead of a 5 is that it does need to be touched up over oily areas. For me, after a couple hours I need to touch up my nose, inner cheeks and sometimes my chin when I use this product even when I use my MSFN to set it. But the natural coverage that it gives is pretty hard to argue with even with this downfall. Currently I've been using MUFE HD on my whole face and then a teeny bit of MUFE Mat Velvet+ on my nose and cheeks which seems to give me a best of two worlds situation-just with a pretty hefty price tag.

on 1/19/2010 6:01:00 AM

Definitely not good for oily skin. It was fine for about an hour and then got greasy. Not to mention it transfers very easily. I'm a little sad there aren't more foundations that look good in pictures but I can't say I'm willing to buy this just for that. /: Glad I just had it on in the store and didn't purchase. Good coverage though.

on 1/18/2010 7:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Easily the best foundation I have yet to use! I have very fair skin, so I took a mark off the overall rating because the lightest colour they have is just a touch too dark for it to get a perfect review.

At first I found it difficult to wear it without it being obvious. After time I learned that I have to moisturize very well before I use it for the application to be flawless. If it came a touch lighter, it would get an A+ !!!