January 30, 2015 | 1008 users online

Foundations - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Foundation

rated 2 of 5 on 11/22/2009 7:56:00 PM More reviews by Coquii

I LOVED this foundation for the first few days until it broke me out horribly. I have very oily skin and this foundation did nothing to control the oil. I also used it with the HD silica powder but my face still looked like an oil slick. I had high hopes for this foundation due to all the great reviews, but I'm going to stick to Colorstay from now on.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2009 4:09:00 PM More reviews by Vancouver123

I am relatively new to foundations & have always been skeptical of any foundation's ability to provide a natural looking complexion. I am also not the most skilled in make-up application, & am at risk of applying too much, or not blending it enough, & then walking around with tacky foundation lines, or cakey foundation on dry patches of skin. My 1st experience with any kind of foundation was Stila's Tinted Moisturizer in my early 30s. However, I am developing more red in my face as I get older, especially around my nose & chin. I wanted a foundation that would provide the *natural* appearance of an even-toned complexion. I don't like looking like I am wearing a ton of makeup (even if I am). After Stila, my next experiment was Laura Mercier's liquid foundation (the full coverage one), but was told by a concerned citizen that it did not look natural (although that may be due to my over-zealous application). On the recommendation of a Sephora sales assoc, I bought MUFE's High Def foundation in 115. This foundation is so light, I didn't think it would be sufficient to tone down the reds & sun spots on my face. But the lightness of the foundation is deceiving - it provides good coverage and is effective in evening out my blotchy complexion!! As for application, I first apply MUFE's Primer in the green tone (which is also fab!), then the MUFE High Def Foundation, then Armani's liquid illuminizer on my cheeks (+ blush). Lastly, I top off with Guerlain's powder balls (can't remember name) in golden. My favourite thing about this foundation is that, even if my application isn't perfect (I am not terribly precise about applying - use my fingers & don't count the # of pumps), it looks natural.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/18/2009 6:33:00 PM More reviews by haramie

This is a comparison of Nars foundation (the matte liquid foundation), which I usually use, to the Make Up Forever HD foundation. I found this MUF foundation to be a bit oily, despite it being oil-free. After just 20 minutes or less, your skin will look too built up and oily, unlike what your face would look like wearing Nars liquid foundation. I wouldn't buy this again and am disappointed that I decided to try it out. Nars liquid foundation is 2 dollars more expensive but I think it is a lot better - smoother, silkier and matte finish that stays matte. MUF foundation really makes you look like you're wearing makeup - even if I use less than one pump's worth of foundation each day. Not good.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2009 10:51:00 PM More reviews by gem15

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This product is amazing. The shade matches me perfectly and it blends in really well. It looks like you're not wearing makeup even though you are. Makes skin look perfect and the coverage is great. My only problem with it is the dispenser, because you can't control how much goes into one pump, so I end up with more than I want. It lasts a while as the bottle is not small, so for the price it's a great find. I have oily skin and I find that this stays put just fine, though for a night out you may want to seal it with a light dusting of powder. It's not greasy at all, nor does it dry too fast. 100% I'll repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/16/2009 2:18:00 PM More reviews by voodoogrrl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i've always had a difficult time finding a foundation that matches my skin color. this one is prefect - the lady at the MUFE store did an excellent job of helping me. the coverage too "full" for everyday use, so i always mix it with my moisturizer to make it sheer. its great for special occasions. it doesn't feel heavy on the skin at all.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/16/2009 1:47:00 PM More reviews by sulfababy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

All liquid foundation breaks me out, and this is no exception. But for special occasions, it looks so good that it's still worth it to me! First, I put on Laura Geller tinted Spackle as a primer. Then I mix one pump of this HD foundation with a little moisturizer, and apply it with my fingers. The moisturizer helps because the foundation along dries a little too quick for me. (I've tried using a foundation brush, stippling brush, and even kabuki brush, but have found fingers to be the best for me.) I set with any powder I have around; a few minutes later you can sweep the remaining powder off of your face. Seriously, this stuff lasts me 12 hours without a touch-up. Not cakey either. The packaging is great, especially the pump, except you can't see how much you have left. It's pricey, but I definitely don't use this everyday. Will re-purchase when I run out!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/15/2009 11:23:00 AM More reviews by bernboo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been experimenting with all different brands of foundation. I think I have found a really good one with MUFE HD. First of all let me say I don't usually like the feel of liquid foundation on my face. Most of the time it feels too heavy like I am wearing a mask, but this foundation is great and doesn't make me feel like I'm wearing anything. It covers well, but I still end up using concealer for some acne scars. It stays on my face pretty much throughout the day and matched my skin color pretty well. I ordered mine from Sephora without being matched up and I got shade 123 and am a NC25-30. The foundation looked a little dark in the bottle but it blended wonderfully. I would definitely repurchase...almost HG material I think!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2009 1:18:00 PM More reviews by AmazonRises

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Each time I tried one of these foundation on at Sephora, I loved it, mainly because the coverage is amazing and they make enough shades that I found two that work well on me (123 and 140). So I purchased one and got another one in a swap. There's no question that it covers well, looks very natural and the staying power is good. HOWEVER this product irritated my skin; possibly because I am used to wearing water-based and natural formula foundations. (Shu Uemura Face Architect and Korres Wild Rose foundations, which I will also review.) Using the MUFE product, my skin broke out and also seemed drier. I decided that I would keep them to wear for special occasions, or to mix with my concealers to make them more spreadable. (Note: the coverage is so good you can almost use it AS a concealer.) I still recommend this, but I recommend that you get a sample that you can use for at least 2-3 days, and decide on that basis whether to purchase it. This may not be ideal for someone with mature skin or who has a tendency towards clogged pores.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2009 5:54:00 PM More reviews by blackberry815

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Ok, So when I first bought this foundation I didn't liked it too much because it didn't really look like the mac foundations that I have become accustomed to (I'm about an NW45, NC50 in Mac) This is the very thing that I love about this foundation now..(ironic) The coverage in the HD foundation will not be the same as a mac studio fix fluid foundation. However this foundation just makes it look like you have flawless amazing skin. It looks like you have no makeup on when you wear it so don't expect it to conceal everything, it is a light to medium coverage. for everyday use it is amazing. Your skin will look even, and have a healthy glow. I get so many compliments on how great my skin looks when I wear this foundation. When I tell people it's the makeup they almost don't believe me because it doesn't look like makeup is on my face. I have to say a little goes a very little long way and I find that if I use too much ( by too much I mean three squirts) It makes my face look dry and cakey. So my advice is to moisturize, prime, and TWO squirts. well at least that is what works for me. Who wants to look like they have makeup on? I rather have people think I don't need makeup! lol

It is a bit pricey so I took one lippy off for the price.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/7/2009 10:42:00 PM More reviews by vanitybarbie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to like this,but the color is slightly off for reference I'm a nc 44/45 and I was matched in 173 which is slightly dark for me. It leaves me feeling dried out and cakey. I just don't think the finish is my cup of tea I much prefer my mufe face and body or napoleon perdis china doll foundation....