October 21, 2014 | 898 users online

Mascara - BeneFit Cosmetics - They're Real

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2011 12:01:00 PM More reviews by Susanner

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Edit Oct. 1: I persevered with this and am loving the results. The trick for me is to put on two thin coats which does not cause the clumping I experienced in the beginning. I still hate the ball on the end because you can't get the outer and inner corners which may stop me from buying it again but I'm loving the full, full lashes it gives me.
______________

My lashes are very long but somewhat fine and downward pointing. One day before I went to the gym I decided to try this mascara without curling my lashes first which is something I absolutely cannot do because it looks ridiculous. To my surprise this actually lifted my lashes to the point to sticking out straight instead of pointing downward.....only people with lashes like mine will understand this :( . It didn't give me enough curl for everyday but I didn't have to remove it to go to the gym. People with curly, or slightly curly lashes may get fabulous results.

All of that being said, it clumps no matter how I use it and it kind of makes my lashes go in different directions. I also don't like the spiked ball on the end of the wand because it's just too large for getting into the very inner corner lashes. I did not find it hard to remove but I always soften my mascara with a tiny bit of water before using remover just to dissolve it. I'm just not impressed especially for the price. It may work better for people with thick lashes. Would not repurchase and may return it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2011 3:48:00 AM More reviews by naomiroe77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

My lashes are so long, thick and straight that eyelash curlers do almost nothing for me. I came across the Benefit counter in Myers in Sydney and tried this mascara and I fell in love instantly. My eyelashes had curled, looked amazing and now I use it everyday. I work 10 and a half hour shifts and it doesn't smudge or budge at all. I went to Price Attack today to buy hair products and the saleslady told me that she didn't know whether it was my makeup but my eyes looked great. I had minimal eyeshadow and am dark skinned so I knew it was the mascara. I gave her details as I doubt the Benefit brand will make it to the shops in my town. I've ordered 2 more on-line so I never run out. Too bad Benefit Cosmetics don't offer express international mail cause it's taking forever.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/17/2011 3:48:00 PM More reviews by butterflylcsw

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is my favorite mascara. It stays on all day, doesn't flake or smudge. There are a couple trade-offs for the benefits (no pun intended) of this mascara. One, is that it is a little more difficult to work with than most mascaras, and the texture is different. It's a little sticky for a while after you apply it. Some have found it difficult to remove, but I think it's actually easier because it doesn't 'run' like other mascaras I feel like I can get it all off instead of leaving black residue around my eyes.

If you can handle those trade off's, this is the best mascara ever. I've never, ever had a mascara last all day like this. It looks just as good when I'm taking it off as when I put it on. And in my 38 years of being a makeup junkie (well, 26ish) I've never had that happen. Try it! Be patient with it, because its' worth it.

edit: didn't last very long before it started getting really thick in the tube and clumpy on my lashes. I can't afford to buy it as often as I feel like I would have to due to this.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2011 2:31:00 PM More reviews by deborahmiller1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my favorite mascara by far! I am a mascara junkie and I feel like I have dropped tons in search for the perfect mascara. This does everything I am looking for. I personally get a lot of volume AND a lot of length with this mascara. And I love the dramatic black color. Don't be fooled by the first coat, it definitely needs at least two coats to see what it can do. The only reason why I did not give the product straight 5's is because it does tend to clump a bit but that does not bother me much. The look I get is well worth it! Until this my favorite was Loreal Voluminous in Carbon Black, but They're Real blows that one out of the water. This is a must have!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2011 4:55:00 AM More reviews by timothybcat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

HG mascara for me! I whipped this out in the car right after buying, hollering for joy at the very first swipe. All these tiny lashes I didn't know I had appeared from out of nowhere! I have long curly lashes, but I find that they are rather sparse and I need volume, and this delivered. One warning: it gets rather sticky, meaning it CLINGS to lashes, but I don't mind that because it keeps the product on my lashes and nowhere else. Let me put it this way: it makes my lashes so long and full (and adheres so well) that my top lashes get tangled with the bottom ones if I'm not careful when I first apply. I'll leave it to you to weigh the pros and cons of that aspect. Someone compared it unfavorably to CG Lashblast, but I was never too impressed with Lashblast, so it's obviously a matter of opinion. It seems that people either love or hate They're Real. But I love it, and hope it works as well for you as it does for me. UPDATE: Months later, and this is still my HG. I have the original tube I bought months ago (you're saying ewww if you're one of those who tosses things on schedule), and it's not dried up; so in my book, it's worth the $22. I've re-bought Lashblast and Voluminous but they don't even come close. I really have no idea how people can compare them. It must come down to what kind of lashes you're born with.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/15/2011 2:50:00 PM More reviews by Mheang

I got a sample of this mascara at sephora and I'm glad I didn't splurge on the full-size one. Although the packaging is great and the brush design is really innovative, this mascara clumps soooo much on me. I don't have that many lashes so maybe that's why, but I still don't recommend it to anyone, there are so many amazing mascaras out there..

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2011 7:18:00 AM More reviews by danamarie11740

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was so hesitant to buy this product, as I loooove the mascara I already use. However, I love finding new products that later become my HGs. This is one of those instances. I bought this in Ulta whilst I was on a nail polish shopping spree...ooooooof about $90...I'm ridiculous! Anyway, I saw this and have heard some good things about it and figured, might as well, right? Tried it that very night for a date with the hubbs, and he, the most un-meticulous man in the world, said to me, "Daine, your eyes look AMAZING tonight." I felt like I was in one of those cheesy commercials where I would then look at the camera and reply, "It's not my eyes, it's my mascara" and then wink. I absolutely adore this and would urge people to try it out!

19 out of 21 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 8/15/2011 1:08:00 AM More reviews by yelloworange

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

My two cents.....it thickens well but added no length, at least not in comparison to most. Unimpressed. I get better volume and length from Clinique Lash Double and thats not saying much.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/15/2011 1:03:00 AM More reviews by jthoney6

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I actually am surprised by the negative reviews. I had a bad incident with eyelash extensions, and my already naturally long and thick eyelashes were obliterated. I lost about 40% of them, not fun. So I saw this while in the check-out line at Ulta and I have loved it ever since. I'm not sure why people are saying that it doesn't thicken, you actually have to be careful not to use too much or it looks Tammy Faye Baker thick! But anyway, I love the barb at the end of the brush for totally bringing out all of your eyelashes, my lashes look great again while I am waiting for them to grow back. My eyelashes look full and long again thanks to this baby!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2011 6:57:00 PM More reviews by AmandaArson

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

First off I'd like to say that I've never felt the need to spend more than $10 on a mascara. But... this was worth every penny! I have extremely long and full lashes and haven't found a mascara that works for me. They're Real keeps lashes seperated and lengthens like they claim. I'll be buying this mascara from now on... even though it's a bit expensive.