BeneFit Cosmetics They're Real

3.4

2035 reviews

Water (Aqua), Paraffin, Polybutene, Styrene/Acrylates/Ammonium Methacrylate Copolymer, Beeswax (Cera Alba), Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, C18-36 Acid Triglyceride, Palmitic Acid, Stearic Acid, Triethanolamine, Vp/Eicosene Copolymer, Acacia Senegal Gum, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Phenoxyethanol, Tetrasodium Edta, Butylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Laureth-12 Sulfate, Glycerin, Potassium Sorbate, Sericin, Calcium Chloride, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tilia Tomentosa Bud Extract, Citric Acid, Bht, Sorbic Acid. [+/-: Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Ultramarines (Ci 77007), Chromium Oxide Greens (Ci 77288), Chromium Hydroxide Green (Ci 77289), Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891)]. N° 05827/N

on 5/17/2012 11:36:00 AM

I had gotten a gift card To sephora and I was thinking of buying a nice mascara with it. I heard this mascara was great so I decided to get it. I tried it and found that it was incredibly flaky and clumpy. I was disappointed because it was a bit expensive and really overrated.
Pros: nice wand, the addition at the end made it east to get stubborn lashes.
Cons: F-L-A-K-Y. Clumpyyy really wet and dries slowly

You really don't need to spend the extra cash on this, L'Oreal voluminous carbon black does the trick.

on 5/16/2012 12:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I actually really liked this product when I tried it out at Sephora, and I still do like it but less so now. So it definitely gives lashes a real OOMPH. I put it on my mom for a party and usually she looks like she's eyelash-less but with this her eyelashes really stood out and thats never happened with any other mascara for her. it really really lengthens and curls. I use it to tightline and backcomb the base of my eyelashes to make them seem more thick and it def works for that purpose as well. I love just putting it on the outer lashes, it gives a very curled, longer outer lash look. Definitely effective and does what it says. I love the brush. Its a spikey applicator that definitely delivers the mascara to the right places and does all the work of application for you which is good because I'm no expert in applying mascara. That said, what I dont like about this: its quite dry, not a lush formula like YSL or Diorshow which are others I've liked in the past because they are moist and give lashes a healthy sheen. Also its huge (a thick tube) that takes up so much space in my makeup bag that I really resent it. I also have to be careful applying it otherwise it can look very over the top and tacky. So far I am liking it, maybe I will keep it for the six month mark but I can see that I will prob try something else after since its not the ideal mascara in my opinion there are things that could be improved, and I'm always on the lookout for new stuff.

on 5/15/2012 10:08:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Considering the price for this mascara, it wasn't worth it. I thought I would try it out since I had been using Bad Gal from Benefit, and loved it, but They're Real did not impress me as much. It did lengthen my lashes, but since I already have long lashes, I was looking for something for volume. If you need a mascara to lengthen then I suppose this would be a good buy but other then that, it's not that great.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I really really like this mascara. No clumps, no smudges, and it lasts all day. In general, the mascara really does what it says. But it's so pricey! I bought the smaller travel size at Sephora to give it a go. If Benefit ever knocked down the price, this would be a makeup must-have for me.

on 5/15/2012 12:11:00 AM

I picked up a travel-size tube of this mascara in line at Sephora a little while ago, pretty much entirely on impulse as I waited to check out. I wasn't too sure what to expect, as I have a 'meh' relationship with a lot of Benefit products--some of them are great, but a lot are just mediocre. I succumbed to the hype though, and I took this home and gave it a shot. Anyway, I tried this out with my Diorshow Maximizer for kicks and giggles, and WHOOOOOA DOCTOR! Very impressive results. A good amount of volume and a whole lot of length in one coat, which is a lot considering I have short, straight lashes. I really like the formula, which is somewhat wet, because it's easy to hit all of my lashes with minimal effort. It lasts well, and doesn't leave raccoon eyes on me like Bad Gal, so hooray! It also brushes out easily without flaking if I've gone overboard and need to take a clean wand to it to get some clumps out. On that note, it can clump if you go for more than one coat. I don't find I need more than the initial application, though, so I'm not down-rating for that. It does dry out a bit over time, but not more than any other mascara. One thing I'm not the biggest fan of is the brush- the little ball of bristles at the end tends to accumulate a lot of product that can get everywhere if I don't blot it off with a tissue. It seems kind of useless to me, to be honest, so lippie off for that one. The price of the full size is on the higher end, but we're not talking Guerlain prices or anything, so I can't much complain. Overall, I think I would buy again when I have the scratch. Definitely would recommend as well.

on 5/14/2012 8:18:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Excellent product - it adds length and volume without clumpiness. I particularly like the brush shape, which is fantastic for getting the little corner lashes! Will definitely buy again.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This mascara is pretty good. It gives great volume and length without smudging or clumping. The only thing I didn't like was the price! M.A.C mascaras, which work much better are only 15 dollars! And this one is a whopping $22! It isn't worth the price. Also, a much better mascara would be the maybelline falsies or one by one which sell for $4-6. BIG DIFFERENCE from 4 to 22. i would say get the mac or maybelline.

on 5/12/2012 7:06:00 PM

Wow my thoughts on this mascara have changed. When i first bought this mascara i really liked the length. So after i tossed it in my makeup drawer and decided to reach for it again. The length doesnt look so amazing like it did when i first got it. IMO a drugstore mascara does way more than this does.
It doesnt give any volume whatsoever so if u want volume, then just forget about this mascara. Save your money, and buy a drugstore mascara.

on 5/9/2012 12:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse

Its so interesting to read how different products work for different people. I just tried the Too Faced Better than False Lashes Nylon Lash Extension System. Despite all the good reviews, I HATED it. Its in my purse at this very moment to be returned.
...
However, I absolutely LOVE Benefit's They're Real Mascara! Stays on all day, no flaking at all, and gives my lashes ridiculous length and a good amount of volume. Plus, when I put it on, my lashes feel normal. Not at all gunky or coated or textured, like other products have done. And despite not being waterproof, it doesn't smudge one bit, even when washing off. In fact, it kind of just breaks apart and washes away, almost like the tube mascaras out there. This is nice for those days that I don't use eye makeup remover because all I have on is mascara. Also good for impromptu rain showers with no umbrella, unexpected tears, or last minute beach/pool plans. The lack of raccoon eyes in all those instances is a phenomenal benefit (ha!).
...
I uploaded a pic if anyone wants to see my results. I have decently long lashes with minimal curl. I don't use an eyelash curler at all though. In my pic, I'm wearing the mascara on both top and bottom lashes, 2 coats.
...
EDIT: I forgot to list the one con to this mascara. It dries out quickly. After a couple weeks I realized there was almost no product on the brush anymore. I solved this with about 2-3 drops of water added to the container. Inverted it a couple times and it was good to go and like new the next morning.

on 5/8/2012 4:52:00 PM