April 18, 2014 | 1800 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express The Colossal

rated 3 of 5 on 8/5/2009 3:01:00 PM More reviews by Vi3tHunn3

This is a decent mascara I guess. It's harder to hold a curl but a curl is achievable. After awhile the mascara starts to flake onto my face.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/5/2009 1:53:00 PM More reviews by nkar23

Not the best. Was not satisfied and will not repurchase. there are better mascaras out there, ladies.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/5/2009 1:45:00 PM More reviews by selinajustine

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Not the BEST mascara. It flakes easily, and the brush doesn't really do anything for length or definition. Don't get this in your eye- it HURTS. A lot. This mascara also dries out really fast. Not really worth the money.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/5/2009 11:56:00 AM More reviews by cookiemonster88

Love the brush on the this mascara,gets every little lash covered.Super volumising too! Only downside,it tends to flake after a long day or night!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/4/2009 1:22:00 AM More reviews by Extacey

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

These fat-tubed extreme/volume/length mascaras just don't seem to work for me.

This was very goopy and clumpy for me. I saw a bit of lengthening, but I couldn't get past the clumping, it' seemed unavoidable.

I have somewhat long lashes already, but I do like to enhance them. Unfortunately, this was not the product for me.

The funny thing is, back when I had this, I gave it to a friend (unhygienic, I know), and it looked really amazing on her. Her lashes were long and thick. Some mascaras really do work case-by-case.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2009 12:52:00 AM More reviews by morganito

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have only tired this a few times since purchasing so I may update this later but as of right now, this is not my fav. I bought this and full and soft on a bogo, and I love full and soft, it is more of a natural look, so I thought this would work as my dramatic mascara. But it doesn't hold curl I curled my lashes put one coat of this on and they were sticking straight out! Maybe the waterproof one s better. I don't mind the smell, and I like the color, I just couldn't get passed the curl thing, I spend a lot of time on my lashes to curl and make them look full and this was so bad I just took it right off and put on my full and soft. I am gonna keep trying to see if I can get it to work. Wish me luck

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2009 8:02:00 PM More reviews by arp4ever

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i love love love this mascara...it makes my lashes look fake...i never had a clumping problem and the smell doesn't bother me at all...people must not like the smell of roses on here because i love that smell...lol i think this mascara is awesome...i used to use maybelline define-a-lash but i switched over to this and i just bought two more on a bogo sale...definitely recommend it

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2009 7:49:00 PM More reviews by marildu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I can't believe I didn't review this! This is my HG Mascara. I definitely recommend the waterproof version of this over the non, but it is harder to find. The waterproof version does not have that funky "rose" smell. It doesn't clump, it makes my ho hum lashes look amazing! I find it is better to be light handed with this, but I still don't get clumps even with 3 coats. The little colored ring can come off, so that's the only reason I took off for packaging. Also, DO NOT try to extend the life of the tube. I've been on a budget lately and had been using the same tube for about 4 months. It turns into a big clumpy mess. Just don't be cheap and get a new tube after about 3 months.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2009 3:00:00 AM More reviews by LeeleeBell

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have thick lashes and this one accentuates and lengthens them to dramatic proportions with just 1 or 2 coats tops. I eliminate clumping by removing all excess mascara from the wand first...I really like the wand on this mascara too. I think this is highly underrated....

rated 1 of 5 on 8/2/2009 2:37:00 PM More reviews by Olivine

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Hello hunk of junk mascara...

On me this was a gloppy, flaky, clumpy mess that did nothing to enhance my eyelashes. The formula is super heavy and clumped my lashes together so much it looked like I only had two lashes on each eye. Not the look I was going for....

What really killed this for me the strong rose scent of this mascara. I highly doubt it's advisable to wear something so strongly perfumed so close to the inside of your eye and your cornea. It made my eyes water and itch, even after I had washed it of! YUCK!!!!
Fragrance in a mascara?!?! What were you thinking Maybelline?!? Seriously...

This is now in my trash can. Would never repurchase nor do I recommend.