August 2, 2014 | 1213 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express The Colossal

rated 4 of 5 on 8/19/2009 11:19:00 PM More reviews by law151

I love this mascara. It separates and gives my lashes awesome volume. The downside is that WAY too much product comes out on the brush; I have to scrape some off every time I pull it out. It also has a sort of flowery smell, which is odd for an eye product.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/18/2009 7:44:00 PM More reviews by Lauraloo11

reall disappointed about this product. i was so excited when i brought it home after all the good reviews. i put it on m lashes and it was nothing but a big clumpy mess. did absolutely nothing just clumps... i dunno maybe i just got a bad tube. :( just gonna stick with lashblast then :)

rated 3 of 5 on 8/18/2009 7:35:00 PM More reviews by abby5683

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It may have great reviews but for me it isn't great for me. Maybe is the curler... I honestly don't know. I take off some product on the rim of the product because it has too much on the brush. Once I tried it with all the product that the brush had and it made all my lashes clumpy and all together that i had to remove it all over. It works good once I remove some of the product.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/18/2009 7:27:00 PM More reviews by mederu69

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Even though this is my favorite mascara I have EVER tried (and trust me, I've tried a lot over the past 8 years) I gave it an overall rating of 4 because it does have its downfalls, as does any product.

It does just was it says it will do: make your eyelashes full and lush and black. I already have naturally long eyelashes, so all I do is curl my lashes, apply two coats, and I really have no need for eyeliner! However, if you put on more than two coats, it will flake off a little by the end of the day. It's nothing that can't be fixed, though.

When it comes to price, this was pretty mid-range in drug store mascaras, but definitely still worth it. The worst problem I have with this mascara is the packaging. After several weeks of repeated use, the very top ring on the mascara tube will come off every now and then. When it does come off and I pull the applicator out, there's a big glob of mascara on the brush. It doesn't happen often enough to irritate me, and perhaps it was just a faulty tube.

Either way, this is still my favorite mascara, hands down. I will definitely buy this again and again!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/18/2009 2:45:00 AM More reviews by melovesmakeup

I hate this mascara because I am allergic to it! Maybe it is the fragrance? It smells like roses. I don't know why they would add fragrance to a product for the eyes??

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2009 2:17:00 AM More reviews by HIYELLOW

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am shocked by this mascara. I don't usually wear mascara but lately have started. I own over 50 Mac shadows and love to mix and match but the other day I applied this mascara. I didn't really think about it and then looked in the mirror a couple hours later. My lashes were SO long and SO black that I was taken aback. Two swipes of this do the trick for me. It separates the lashes. There is no clumping and the length it creates is fabulous. The brush is large and no allergic reactions. I like the price too: about $7. It is much better than the expensive brands.

EDIT: As of Jan 2012 I am disappointed. When I wrote my first review I was a mascara novice. My lashes are dark and thick on their own so I rarely wore mascara. Now I like mascara and since I wear this more often I notice how it clumps and flakes off immediately after I apply it. It's crazy and inconvenient. So I am going to try MAC's Studio Fix BoldBlack. It's supposed to be excellent.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2009 8:21:00 PM More reviews by gospelgirl831

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

OMG!!!! i LOVE this product.. ok so it makes my lashes really dark and i love that. i have rather short eyelashes and this makes them very very very long. it stays on all day. I went swimming with this on and it didnt even budge. The only downside to this was that it made my eyelashes a little bit straight .( i have very curled eyelashes) i would definantly buy this again

rated 2 of 5 on 8/17/2009 9:31:00 AM More reviews by beingfollowed

I am puzzled why the people at Maybelline went with the name 'Colossal' for this mascara. The brush is really not that big. It looked pretty average sized to me, compared to the other cheaper mascaras out there. I will say that this mascara did separate my lashes well and didn't give me any clumps at all. That's as far as my positive review goes however because the negatives are as follows:

- 'black' is actually dark grey
- smudges after a few hours
- no staying power- lashes looked quite flat by the end of the day
- no visible lengthening effect

Quite disappointing really. I won't be buying again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2009 5:19:00 AM More reviews by MariellaFromBe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was very surprised at how good this mascara is since I usually don't like Maybelline mascaras, their brushes especially.
This one is just great, it has a huge fat brush and it does lenghten, separate and volumize my lashes. And the price is excellent.
I will definitely repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2009 10:26:00 PM More reviews by Cmo1987

Great price.... target and walmart have a 2 pack for under $6 most of the time. The bright color of the packaging makes it easy to find and is one of my fave colors. The brush is nice and big and easy to use. I have been using this kind for awhile and I don't see myself changing anytime soon, I'm debating whether or not to use the waterproof formula. This formula doesn't flake and lasts all day. I am very happy with this product!