September 2, 2014 | 1178 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express The Colossal

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2009 2:46:00 PM More reviews by Ayuli

After trying a bunch of mascaras, the colossal can definitely compare! Just 1 coat made my lashes so much longer. It comes out with more of a natural look.

Sometimes my eyes will water from mascara, but I didn't have that problem with this one. This mascara can beat out some pricier ones - I had no primer on and it did not flake or smudge at all! I highly recommend this mascara if you want a break from super dramatic/clumpy/smudgy ones that need primer mascaras.

Did it make my lashes softer? No. But it didn't kill my lashes and make them weak and easy to fall out after regular use unlike a lot of other mascaras I've used, so I'm pretty happy with this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2009 2:06:00 PM More reviews by mazi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a great mascara. Does not irritate my eyes, does not clump and actually lengthens/thickens. Easy to remove. Perfect sized wand for reaching lashes, the mascara is soft, not hard and sticky like many I have tried. Gives a very natural look.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/24/2009 3:18:00 AM More reviews by ThickerSister

So again I was talked into buying another maybeelline mascara due to all the reviews that I been reading and I liked the package. Def. did not do what it was suppose to did not do anything for me but makes them stick and clump together.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/24/2009 1:34:00 AM More reviews by georginapeach

I have to admit, I bought this because I loved the packaging. I know that is AWFUL reasoning to buy makeup, but i couldn't help it. I figured for 4 dollars, it wouldn't matter if i liked it or not. i could just look at it in my makeup bag and be happy. I did actually try it and liked it, but not enough to replace my other better mascaras. I have extremely long natural lashes, but they are blond and fine, so i really need to wear volumizing mascara. I liked the volume the mascara gave my lashes, and the color was nice but i couldn't get over the smell. it wasn't a bad smell, just a chemically smell that other mascaras have. unfortunately, i could smell this smell all day. i thought it would go away after it dried or i would just forget about it. neither of those happened. the smell drove me crazy all day. normally smells do not bother me. i actually like the smell of diorshow. there was just something about this one. i will not be re purchasing this.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/23/2009 3:13:00 AM More reviews by rayneangel

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

i really like this mascara. it makes my eyelashes longer and fuller. its weird because you can kind of feel the collagen working..i dont know but i liked it. it really helped my mom too because she has really stumpy lashes, thanks to her pregnancy with my brother where all her lashes feel out, and it gave them a lot of length. i recommend it for myself because everyone isnt the same but it worked great for me!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2009 9:16:00 PM More reviews by carat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this mascara! I used to swear by Maybelline mascaras and then I switched to Dior a few years ago and haven't looked back--- until now. Why the heck did I switch away from Maybelline? It's cheaper and I love the look if it. It made my lashes long and thick in only a couple of coats. Definitely a favourite!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2009 9:05:00 PM More reviews by sarahhjosephinee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I initially had a good review for this product, however I need to change that. It works good, but it makes my eyes itchy and bloodshot all day.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2009 6:00:00 AM More reviews by SLX

I absolutely love this mascara! I have relatively normal eyelashes, medium length and medium volume, and find that this mascara lengthens, gives volume, and makes my lashes look gorgeous. I also use Maxfactor 2000 Calories, however this one defiantly tops it!
My friend recommended this mascara to me, and she has short eyelashes with not much volume. Therefore I believe this is an all-round excellent mascara and would defiantly recommend it!
I also use brands such as Estee lauder and Clinique etc but would say this mascara is better than many top brands, and for the price what can go wrong!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/20/2009 5:26:00 AM More reviews by Vegalyn

Not impressed at all. It doesn't give you the promised volume and I believe it's basically the same product as the usual Voume Mascara from Maybelline, simply in another packaging. Just a very mediocre mascara, for the same price, Max Factor mascaras are a much better choice.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/20/2009 4:56:00 AM More reviews by lexileven

I'm impressed with this mascara.

Pros:
The big brush reminds me of my favourite, DiorShow, at a fraction of the price! Easy to use.
Doesn't flake and smudges only after 10 hours or so
A good, deep black
Lengthens like WOW! and really seperates
Buildable

Cons:
As others have mentioned, this is quite a 'wet' formula so you need to be patient about building coats
Not as volumising as promised, though still pretty good - when layered over a primer it's amazing.

This gives me pretty, fluttery, dramatic lashes and is perfect for everyday or, with layering, for an evening look. It's also a bargain price with a wand I like....so I will overlook the smell :) A good performer!

EDIT: Ok, it seems this varies in quality. First tube was awesome but second one flaked after the first week, looked awful. I've knocked a lippy off and won't repurchase :(