September 30, 2014 | 2034 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express The Colossal

rated 3 of 5 on 8/26/2009 4:49:00 PM More reviews by Centro

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Man I really like Maybelline's mascara package designs! I guess that is one of the main reasons why I bought this product in the first place. It looks wayyy cuter than Cover Girl's Lash Blast.

At first I thought this mascara was my favourite. It did everything- seperated my lashes, zero flaking issues, and most importantly, it gave me AMAZING yet buildable volume. The sad thing is eventually I hated it. I noticed that I got "spider legs" when I used the Colossal Volum' Express after about 2 months. It smudged very easily and FLAKED A LOT!

So my point is, this mascara needs to be used up quickly or else it will suck. I do not think I would buy this product again. But if you have not tried it before, give it a shot! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2009 4:29:00 PM More reviews by maya8486

The mascara was doing my lashes really long and it gave some volume to it but for sure it will never be as advertised on tv (they all wear false lashes...) but I liked the waterproof it stayed really long. Its really not expensive so for how much it cost its a great product!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/25/2009 4:15:00 PM More reviews by pinay09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This mascara was okay. I think that it wasn't really all that when it came to volume, although it did volumize -- just not as much as it advertised. This mascara doesn't lenghthen in any way, and for some reason, it's hard to put tint the tips of my lashes with the brush, which i guess is the reason why it doesn't lengthen for me. =[

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2009 5:11:00 PM More reviews by nickitraylor

This is a really good d/s mascara. I like what it does for my eyelashes, and it doesnt' clump. It's my everyday mascara (at least for now! LOL). It adds good volume and length. It's not a perfect mascara- haven't found that one yet- but it's pretty darn good!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2009 2:46:00 PM More reviews by Ayuli

After trying a bunch of mascaras, the colossal can definitely compare! Just 1 coat made my lashes so much longer. It comes out with more of a natural look.

Sometimes my eyes will water from mascara, but I didn't have that problem with this one. This mascara can beat out some pricier ones - I had no primer on and it did not flake or smudge at all! I highly recommend this mascara if you want a break from super dramatic/clumpy/smudgy ones that need primer mascaras.

Did it make my lashes softer? No. But it didn't kill my lashes and make them weak and easy to fall out after regular use unlike a lot of other mascaras I've used, so I'm pretty happy with this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2009 2:06:00 PM More reviews by mazi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a great mascara. Does not irritate my eyes, does not clump and actually lengthens/thickens. Easy to remove. Perfect sized wand for reaching lashes, the mascara is soft, not hard and sticky like many I have tried. Gives a very natural look.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/24/2009 3:18:00 AM More reviews by ThickerSister

So again I was talked into buying another maybeelline mascara due to all the reviews that I been reading and I liked the package. Def. did not do what it was suppose to did not do anything for me but makes them stick and clump together.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/24/2009 1:34:00 AM More reviews by georginapeach

I have to admit, I bought this because I loved the packaging. I know that is AWFUL reasoning to buy makeup, but i couldn't help it. I figured for 4 dollars, it wouldn't matter if i liked it or not. i could just look at it in my makeup bag and be happy. I did actually try it and liked it, but not enough to replace my other better mascaras. I have extremely long natural lashes, but they are blond and fine, so i really need to wear volumizing mascara. I liked the volume the mascara gave my lashes, and the color was nice but i couldn't get over the smell. it wasn't a bad smell, just a chemically smell that other mascaras have. unfortunately, i could smell this smell all day. i thought it would go away after it dried or i would just forget about it. neither of those happened. the smell drove me crazy all day. normally smells do not bother me. i actually like the smell of diorshow. there was just something about this one. i will not be re purchasing this.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/23/2009 3:13:00 AM More reviews by rayneangel

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

i really like this mascara. it makes my eyelashes longer and fuller. its weird because you can kind of feel the collagen working..i dont know but i liked it. it really helped my mom too because she has really stumpy lashes, thanks to her pregnancy with my brother where all her lashes feel out, and it gave them a lot of length. i recommend it for myself because everyone isnt the same but it worked great for me!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2009 9:16:00 PM More reviews by carat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this mascara! I used to swear by Maybelline mascaras and then I switched to Dior a few years ago and haven't looked back--- until now. Why the heck did I switch away from Maybelline? It's cheaper and I love the look if it. It made my lashes long and thick in only a couple of coats. Definitely a favourite!