Maybelline Volum' Express The Colossal

3.5

Water - Aqua , Paraffin , Potassium Cetyl Phosphate , Beeswax - Cera Alba , Carnauba Wax - Cera Carnauba , Acacia Senegal Gum - Acacia Senegal , Glycerin , Cetyl Alcohol , Hydroxyethylcellulose , Sodium Polymethacrylate , Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil , Hydrogenated Palm Oil , Phenethyl Alcohol , Phenoxyethanol , Steareth-20 , PEG/PPG-17/18 Dimethicone , Polyquaternium-10 , Silica , Soluble Collagen , Simethicone , Panthenol , Disodium EDTA , Iron Oxides - CI 77499 - CI 77492 - CI 77491 - May Contain , Titanium Dioxide - CI 77891 - May Contain , Ultramarines - CI 77007 - May Contain , Chromium Oxide Greens - CI 77288 - May Contain , Chromium Hydroxide Green - CI 77289 - May Contain , Manganese Violet - CI 77742 - May Contain , Ferric Ferrocyanide - CI 77510 - May Contain , Mica - May Contain

on 10/1/2009 12:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Super clumpy! I could not get this to go on without giving me gross, clumpy lashes, even with just one coat. It was also a pain to remove and I ended up tearing out a few lashes in the process. Will not repurchase.

on 9/30/2009 11:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

This product is good because it goes on thick. It is bad because it is a little clumpy. Well, let me stand corrected. When you first put it on when it's new, it goes on smooth AND thick. However, after it gets a little old, it gets more clumpy.

I have tried the Maybelline Great Lash Mascara, and it does not clump as much. However it also doesn't make your lashes that thick. And I've found that I am liking the clumpier mascaras these days.

continued >>

on 9/28/2009 1:22:00 AM

I have to admit the bright yellow tube caught my eye. Have been using this mascara for about 2 months now and i love it. It glides on smooth an easy. Absolutely no clumps on 1st application. (If you let the 1st coat dry and then put another coat on top of it then yes it will clump. The package actually advises not to put more coats on once it is dry.) The brush is awesome and seperates pretty much all the lashes. The only down side to this product for me is that its smells strange. Its not a particularly terrible smell but i generally do not like my cosmetics to be sented. Other than that i think this product is awesome. If maybelline where to stop animal testing i would defnitely buy this product again.

on 9/27/2009 6:53:00 PM

I got this from my mother in law and I have to say I had my doubts. I can't stand Great Lash mascara. But I have to say I am really impressed with this so far. I love the big brush with the million bristles. I also generally always wear waterproof mascara, but even the regular style has been just great. No flaking and no running so far. I really like it alot and will definitely consider buying this again!

this was one of the first mascaras i bought, and i loved it! the brush is huge and can get in your eye sometimes, but it makes my lashes super volumized and lengthened. i love this mascara, not my favorite, but a runner up.

on 9/26/2009 5:12:00 PM

omg this stuff is awesome i have short thin lashes and it just gives them the boost they need! it kinda smells bad but who cares if it works get this it is amazing

on 9/26/2009 12:51:00 PM

I'd heard so many things about this mascara so when I bought it I didn't know what to expect. So now that I have finally tried it I can say that it isn't that amazing. To me it is just a regular mascara, it lenghtens and adds a little volumen like any other mascara would do. I think theres a problem in the wand. It isn't steady enough to coat the lashes properly to make them bigger and fuller as the ads states. And about the smell...I think it isn't that bad...or maybe I am used to it since I have 3 other Maybelline mascaras that smell the same. After all in my opinion this mascara is not bad nor amazing, it is just OK.

on 9/25/2009 12:21:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Horrible!Smells extremely bad, flakes, clumps, awkward wand, overall big disappointment.

on 9/24/2009 11:55:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Ooh, I love this, it's my new HG!
I have thick yet kinda short lashes. I usually don't like Maybelline mascaras like Great Lash, but heard mixed things about this mascara so I decided to give it a try at least.
Love it!!! It lengthens, volumizes and just looks fab! I curl my lashes before hand. It doesn't flake unless I put it over another mascara and then touch it loads, but i don't do that so often anyway. No clumps in the formula and the brush is really good.
Definately one to try out at least. I still love my Max Factor False Lash Effect (like CG Lashblast apparently) but this gives more length :)

on 9/22/2009 9:12:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

This mascara is excellent at defining, and is pretty decent at lengthening and volumizing. It actually seems to lengthen better than it volumizes, in my opinion. You HAVE to build layers though to get the most out of it, which can be tricky since product will gather at the tip of your lashes if you apply TOO many coats. If you take the time to work with it, it can be quite good. It's not as dramatic as YSL Faux Cils, but lasts at least double the time for a fraction of the cost. I would repurchase.