Make Up For Ever HD High Definition Foundation [DISCONTINUED]

3.6

Aqua, Cyclopentasiloxane, Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate, Mica, talc, PEG-10 Dimenthicone, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Phenyl, Trimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Lauroyl Lysine, Dimenthicone Crosspolymer, Glyceryl Caprylate, Methylpropanediol, Butylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Cyclohexacyloxane, Methylisothiazolinone, Sorbitan Sesquileate, Silver Oxide, Propylene, Carbonate, Parfum (fragrance), Methylparaben, Fagus Sylvatica Extract (Fagus Sylvatica Bud Extract), Hydrolyzed Yeast Protein, [+/- CI 77891 )titanium Dioxide), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides).

on 2/1/2010 8:27:00 AM

This is one of the best foundations. I love this stuff. My other favorite is Giorgio Armani Luminious Silk foundation. The interesting thing about these foundations is that although I usually am med/light in the complexion department...I look so much better in a darker shade such as the HD in 128 or 155 and the Armani in 7. I also started mixing the Armani in 4.5 with the Hd 28 and it is perfect for winter. Both great products if your a Rockafeller. Used sparingly they go a long way. UPDATE>>>Switced to MUF Face and Body because it is lighter and feel less made up but provides color and coverage with a luminous finish. Use Origins Multigrain loose mineral powder to set. Looks amazing.

on 2/1/2010 1:54:00 AM

i don't really need foundation. after years of acne, i have finally gotten my skin under control. this is the first time that i have worn foundation in over ten years and really only to even out my skin.
i bought this and the revlon knock off, photo real foundation, at the same time and i have to say that, for me, they both perform the same. the color match for MUFE is only a slight bit better but not noticeable to anyone but me.
I am a C30/35 and got this in #123 and use Sephora HD foundation brush #55.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Being a MAC NC37/40 I am somewhere in between 140 and 155 (155 is a little too orange of a color on me). I've already tried 127, 128, 140, 153 AND 155 individually. It is soo much better than MAC's Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15 AND because it doesn't have SPF in it so my face doesn't flash white in pictures (whoohoo!) Too bad there isn't an exact shade that works for me.
As a solution to my shade matching problem I mix my foundation with a little drop of their HD primer #5 which works perfectly to lighten the shade to what I need.

on 1/27/2010 5:03:00 PM

120 is an excellent match to my very neutral skin. It looks great too, but transfers way too easily and costs a lot! Recently found Rimmel Lasting Finish 200 is the same color and wears much better (and costs 1/10th as much) Similar: Bobbi Brown Cool Beige, compact, travels more easily, Revlon Photo Ready 008 Golden Beige is way cheaper.

Bottle IS transparent, but I still can't see how much is left. Also, not a fan of the double layer bottle- makes it take up 2X as much space as necessary, no good for traveling or squeezing in the medicine cabinet! Top falls off when traveling too.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

I have combination skin and I have found this is a great foundation. Found a color that matches me really well (153). It glides on well to the face and is buildable depending on the coverage you need. It helps even out my skin tone. It looks fresh all day but I do use MUFE primer and MUFE hd powder along with it. It does not oxidize.

on 1/26/2010 7:09:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

MUFE Hd Foundation + My Mac 109 brush = <3

I LOVE this foundation!!!! I just used to use Almay foundation because it was good for my sensitive skin but I kept hearing about this foundation online and on youtube so I wanted to give it a try. I went to Sephora and got them to colour match me, and I was matched with #128 but found out later it was a little too dark for me so I was matched again and got #127 which was waaay better. I was a bit hesitant to buy it since it was pretty pricey but I'm glad I did because it's worth every penny in my opinion.

I love how it feels so light, like I'm not even wearing foundation but yet it gives such good coverage. It definitely gives me that airbrushed look when I use it with my Mac 109 brush. Sooo perfect together! I use the HD Powder on top as well and I look like I have flawless skin after! :]

This is definitely my HG foundation that I'll keep using forever. It's nice because you barely need one pump to get good coverage. I find less is better when using this.

AMAZING!!!!! <3

on 1/25/2010 7:31:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I love this product! First off, the color selection is amazing. I wear 120 and it is so perfect for me. It does not dry me out at all. If feels like and nice on the skin. It looks very natural, while giving decent coverage.

The best part is that it really smooths out my skin! I have large pores and it does not sink into them. it minimizes the appearance. I imagine it would be nice for wrinkles.

The product is more expensive than I want to pay for foundation, but after using it, it is worth every penny!

on 1/24/2010 12:10:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Love this foundation. I got the wrong color at first and then went back to sephora and they exchanged it without a problem. I think I may even be a little darker which I'll get next time but this will do the trick for now. When I use this with my beauty blender, it looks AMAZING. Flawless....love love love. I never thought I'd like liquid foundation but I now like it so much better than mineral.

Also, I am kind of new to foundations because I never used it. Never was one to break out, I just use it to even my skintone out, but it works miracles. If you find the right color, use the right tools...this product is a staple product.

First things first, I looked at the packaging: this one comes with a pump, and that's always nice and handy. The bottle is transparent, so you can always see how much product is left, that's convenient too. It's not glass and doesn't feel easily breakable, which is good when you're clumsy or still asleep.

I applied with a Mac 190 and I thought it felt a bit heavy. But I tried again with a Mac 182 kabuki, which is the brush I usually use for all liquid foundations, and it worked much better since I didn't need as much product.
The finish is very nice, not totally dewy but certainly not flat matte. The coverage is medium and very easy to build up to full.

The result is flawless and beautiful. Since MUFE HD in 117 was reported to be very yellow, I was afraid it would be too much for me (I'm NC15 but neutral with some warm undertones) and ordered 115. This is a fair beige with a tiny bit of pink in it but I can make it work for me.

It is a good foundation, something I can rely on if I have a long day or if I am going to be photographed but I thought it felt a bit heavy and was getting a bit greasy through the day.

The reason I won't repurchase, is that I find Nars Sheer Glow very similar in texture and result, but HD doesn't last as long as Sheer GLow on me. So I'll stick to the Nars product, although I thing this MUFE HD is a good product.

PROS: Good coverage, it doesn't feel like you're wearing any makeup, wide range of color selection, sanitary pump it comes in

CONS: Accentuates dry patches, but yet makes my entire face look like a shiny disco ball within an hour (and I don't have oily skin).

For the same expensive price, there are better foundations out there (like Estee Lauder Double Wear). I will not purchase this again.