Make Up For Ever HD High Definition Foundation [DISCONTINUED]

3.6

Aqua, Cyclopentasiloxane, Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate, Mica, talc, PEG-10 Dimenthicone, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Phenyl, Trimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Lauroyl Lysine, Dimenthicone Crosspolymer, Glyceryl Caprylate, Methylpropanediol, Butylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Cyclohexacyloxane, Methylisothiazolinone, Sorbitan Sesquileate, Silver Oxide, Propylene, Carbonate, Parfum (fragrance), Methylparaben, Fagus Sylvatica Extract (Fagus Sylvatica Bud Extract), Hydrolyzed Yeast Protein, [+/- CI 77891 )titanium Dioxide), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides).

on 2/3/2010 11:46:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I wanted to try this foundation for months since it's gotten so many rave reviews. Finally caved and bought it. First off the colors are very deceiving when you try on at sephora. If you run it in almost any of the colors look like they match (within reason) because this foundation is so liquidy and than. I suggest when picking a color to rub it in maybe about 3 times and then see if it works. I'm one of those people who wear foundation solely to even out the skin tone and redness. I do not like full coverage. I like medium coverage. Enough to cover redness but not heavy so it won't look cakey. I wore it for the day and someone told me I looked paler than usually. Looked in the mirror and saw that in natural light, it was wayyyy too light for me. At the end of the day I came home and looked in the mirror. All my foundation was gone. Poof. They weren't kidding when they said invisible coverage. I returned this to sephora the next day. Wanted to love it bc of the hype, but I just couldn't. Save your money ladies.

on 2/3/2010 10:17:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I love this foundation. It is on the expensive side, but I think it is worth it. The first few days you wear it, it may make your face feel dry, but I got used to it. I usually apply a moisturizer underneath. It makes your skin look flawless. I use it with the Sephora #55 brush.

So over the weekend, i went to Sephora and picked up a sample of this foundation. I decided to wear it today to work and that was a really really bad idea. I applied my usual moisturizer and prep and prime base and i usually have no problem with my foundation disappearing from my face. It went on ok but i noticed as the day went on this foundation literally disappeared somewhere. I had my usual red patches of skin showing and a complete oil slick. Not to mention it oxidize to my skin looked like a dirty oily oompa loompa. This foundation is try the most horrible foundation ive tried. Second being Korres Wild Rose. I think im gonna be sticking to EDW as my choice. Do yourself a favor and definitely get a sample or actually dont. This stuff is really really terrible.

on 2/1/2010 8:27:00 AM

This is one of the best foundations. I love this stuff. My other favorite is Giorgio Armani Luminious Silk foundation. The interesting thing about these foundations is that although I usually am med/light in the complexion department...I look so much better in a darker shade such as the HD in 128 or 155 and the Armani in 7. I also started mixing the Armani in 4.5 with the Hd 28 and it is perfect for winter. Both great products if your a Rockafeller. Used sparingly they go a long way. UPDATE>>>Switced to MUF Face and Body because it is lighter and feel less made up but provides color and coverage with a luminous finish. Use Origins Multigrain loose mineral powder to set. Looks amazing.

on 2/1/2010 1:54:00 AM

i don't really need foundation. after years of acne, i have finally gotten my skin under control. this is the first time that i have worn foundation in over ten years and really only to even out my skin.
i bought this and the revlon knock off, photo real foundation, at the same time and i have to say that, for me, they both perform the same. the color match for MUFE is only a slight bit better but not noticeable to anyone but me.
I am a C30/35 and got this in #123 and use Sephora HD foundation brush #55.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Being a MAC NC37/40 I am somewhere in between 140 and 155 (155 is a little too orange of a color on me). I've already tried 127, 128, 140, 153 AND 155 individually. It is soo much better than MAC's Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15 AND because it doesn't have SPF in it so my face doesn't flash white in pictures (whoohoo!) Too bad there isn't an exact shade that works for me.
As a solution to my shade matching problem I mix my foundation with a little drop of their HD primer #5 which works perfectly to lighten the shade to what I need.

on 1/27/2010 5:03:00 PM

120 is an excellent match to my very neutral skin. It looks great too, but transfers way too easily and costs a lot! Recently found Rimmel Lasting Finish 200 is the same color and wears much better (and costs 1/10th as much) Similar: Bobbi Brown Cool Beige, compact, travels more easily, Revlon Photo Ready 008 Golden Beige is way cheaper.

Bottle IS transparent, but I still can't see how much is left. Also, not a fan of the double layer bottle- makes it take up 2X as much space as necessary, no good for traveling or squeezing in the medicine cabinet! Top falls off when traveling too.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

I have combination skin and I have found this is a great foundation. Found a color that matches me really well (153). It glides on well to the face and is buildable depending on the coverage you need. It helps even out my skin tone. It looks fresh all day but I do use MUFE primer and MUFE hd powder along with it. It does not oxidize.

on 1/26/2010 7:09:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

MUFE Hd Foundation + My Mac 109 brush = <3

I LOVE this foundation!!!! I just used to use Almay foundation because it was good for my sensitive skin but I kept hearing about this foundation online and on youtube so I wanted to give it a try. I went to Sephora and got them to colour match me, and I was matched with #128 but found out later it was a little too dark for me so I was matched again and got #127 which was waaay better. I was a bit hesitant to buy it since it was pretty pricey but I'm glad I did because it's worth every penny in my opinion.

I love how it feels so light, like I'm not even wearing foundation but yet it gives such good coverage. It definitely gives me that airbrushed look when I use it with my Mac 109 brush. Sooo perfect together! I use the HD Powder on top as well and I look like I have flawless skin after! :]

This is definitely my HG foundation that I'll keep using forever. It's nice because you barely need one pump to get good coverage. I find less is better when using this.

AMAZING!!!!! <3

on 1/25/2010 7:31:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I love this product! First off, the color selection is amazing. I wear 120 and it is so perfect for me. It does not dry me out at all. If feels like and nice on the skin. It looks very natural, while giving decent coverage.

The best part is that it really smooths out my skin! I have large pores and it does not sink into them. it minimizes the appearance. I imagine it would be nice for wrinkles.

The product is more expensive than I want to pay for foundation, but after using it, it is worth every penny!