Make Up For Ever HD High Definition Foundation

3.6

Aqua, Cyclopentasiloxane, Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate, Mica, talc, PEG-10 Dimenthicone, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Phenyl, Trimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Lauroyl Lysine, Dimenthicone Crosspolymer, Glyceryl Caprylate, Methylpropanediol, Butylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Cyclohexacyloxane, Methylisothiazolinone, Sorbitan Sesquileate, Silver Oxide, Propylene, Carbonate, Parfum (fragrance), Methylparaben, Fagus Sylvatica Extract (Fagus Sylvatica Bud Extract), Hydrolyzed Yeast Protein, [+/- CI 77891 )titanium Dioxide), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides).

on 1/4/2010 9:52:00 AM

After hearing lots of good things about this foundation, I decided to give it a try, hoping it would minimize the appearance of large pores, blemishes, acne scars, etc. After all, it's supposed to be made for High Def TV right? There were lots and lots of shades to choose from, so that was nice. The foundation itself is very smooth and creamy, and a little really goes a long way. I hated the big and bulky pump container. Does everyone carry around tote bags as purses? The make-up itself looked great for the first few hours. I applied the foundation and then followed it up with some loose powder to set it. Then unfortunately, as the rest of the day progressed, the make-up broke apart, rubbed off in some areas, and caked up in others. By the end of the day, it looked just awful. I need a make-up that has good staying power and lasts a good 12+ hours still looking good or decent. This didn't. I returned it. Then I went back to my Revlon Colorstay which is much better than this was.

There is no shade of this that is remotely close to my skin tone. I'm a NW10..or a NARS "Siberia" pale, and 115 was waaaaay to dark for my skin.
On the bright side, it didn't break me out and didn't bring out the flakies I hate so much. It did provide a little too much coverage than I'm used to and looked a little cakey/makeup-y. A little overhyped, in my opinion, but I can see why people who want more coverage might like this.

on 12/31/2009 11:31:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Hmm I really wanted to love this. I tried Dior Nude and I love it, but I have many MUFE products and find them to be excellent and wanted to compare this to my HG Nude. It really, didnt leave a "flawless" finish, but it is still a good foundation. MUFE never reaaallly disappoints, but compared with Dior Nude it's just meh.

on 12/30/2009 11:29:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I have very clear but sensitive skin (read: pink and prone to flakiness). Due to these issues, I am very picky about my foundations. I tried this one due to all the good reviews and I really, really, really wanted to like it. I tried. Used it for a few weeks. The sad truth is, it accentuates my flakies and settles into my fine lines (and I don't even have that many lines - somehow, this just finds them). Another thing that bugs me about this stuff is the pump. I mean, I love the fact that it has a pump, but this particular pump is too tight and requires you to depress it all the way to get any product out...which results is way too much product being dispensed, per pump. Thank goodness for Sephora's wonderful return policy - I returned it with about 1/8 of it used and a full refund. I will also add that I love the MUFE line and am currently using the Face & Body makeup (my current HG). This stuff just did not work for me.

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm

HG! HG! I was matched in Sephora twice, once with #120, and with #125...weird. Besides the colour, I love how it gives a flawless finish. Most foundations would accentuate my pores around my nose, but this did not! It is very easy to work with, blendable and buildable. I love how it feels weightless after applying it, and it feels really soft unlike some sticky foundations.

The finish is beautiful and the staying power was quite good even though I had to touch up once on my T-zone area. What I love about this is that it looks natural despite the perfect finish. The price is alright, I wouldn't mind spending a bit more on something that makes me look airbrushed. As for the packaging, it is great! It comes with a pump which allows you to control how much product you want. I would not wear this everyday to school or to work, I would just wear it to special night outs.

Other than that, I LOVE THIS PRODUCT!!!

-EDIT-
I change my thoughts and this deserves 3/5 lippies. The main reason is the staying power and how it controls my oils. It does not stay on long enough. I can see parts of my face fading, or melting away after just 5 hours of wear. However, when this is paired with the MUFE HD primer, then it'll stay on a lot longer.
Also, this does not do a good job controlling my oily parts. My t-zone (which is not really too oily) gets really shiny after a couple of hours! I dont know why, but even if I use a drugstore foundation, my t-zone doesn't get as oily as when I use this foundation.

Overall, I think this is a great foundation if you have normal to dry skin. If you have oily skin, this product will not last on you at all!

on 12/29/2009 8:39:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I got a large sample of this from Sephora, and I've been wearing it for a few days now,and it's just not the foundation for me. My oily skin eats up foundation, and this was no exception - it was gone from around my nose & chin by midday. I find myself having to blot more often with this than my usual Colorstay & Double Wear. For the record, I used it with Monistat Anti-Chafe as primer and Ben Nye Neutral Set as powder.

I'm giving it a 3 out of 5 because the shade selection is fantastic (I use 117; I'm very pale & yellow-toned), and it looks good for the first hour that I have it on - it's good at blurring fine lines and neutralizing redness, but after about an hour my face gets oily and the foundation disappears. Perhaps it'd work for someone with dry skin.

on 12/29/2009 11:22:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I was a BE convert for almost 6 years and I had "settled" for less than optimum coverage in exchange for a natural look. Thanks to MUA I discovered this! I apply it with Sonia Kashuk brush that has rave reviews here and finish it off with Coastal Scents silica powder. I love the coverage! It really is awesome. It hides all the redness and acne scars, dark spots and all without looking like a mask. Yes, your face looks great in pictures. This foundation also wears better and does not oxidize. I have to blot my face a few times but that is because my skin is a grease factory.

I don't like the fact that it doesn't dispense like half a pump because I need exactly a 1.5 pumps so there is a little bit of excess every time. It should still last me for a long time. It is expensive so make sure you take some samples home see it in different lights.

on 12/28/2009 7:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I am using a sample of #117 and so far I really like it. I like a dewy finish and this seems to be dewy enough when applied over smashbox primer. I have also tried mixing a couple of drops into my HG sunblock, Ti-Silc and it also has given me the dewy look that I prefer. I have another sample to try, but if i like this better, I will buy it.

on 12/27/2009 4:02:00 PM

I was looking for a new foundation, and really wanted to give this one a try, so I went to Sephora and I am so happy I tried it before getting it. To be fair, I hold the consultant more at fault for my bad impression than the actual foundation, so I gave it an extra lippy, because it was AWFUL! She caked it on so bad, that I honestly could have been placed in an oven! I saw all my imperfections, even ones I dont have, like more lines on my face, and it was just so OBVIOUS I had it on, it made me look much older than I am. It is full coverage and not what I wanted - I got the Nars Sheer Glow, which was more my style. I honestly recommend to try it before getting, to know what you want out of a foundation.

on 12/27/2009 2:16:00 PM

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

Ive actualy been using this product for a while and have tried other products inbetween, although it is a bit pricy i find it gives the best coverage. My skin does not break out alot but my skin it's very uneven with blemishes etc. I use this foundation daily and it is fairly heavy, you definately have to use makeup remover to get it off. Because its fairly thick I set it with a light compact powder (i use prescriptives anywhere powder) that gives me a smooth flawless finish. If you use a powder thats to thick or heavy it will look cacky with this foundation, a mineral powder is best. For me the best thing about this product is the coverage and it lasts all day, i might tuch up my tzone with a compact powder once throughout the day (I do wear it with primer). They also have alot of shades, which is a plus for me since im a yellow base and had trouble finding my color in other MUFE foundations. On the down side, the pump doesnt let you control how much foundation you apply, which is frustrating because one pump doesn't seem to be enough and two is a little too much. I choose to apply it with my fingers because its a bit thick to apply with a brush and dries quickly on your skin so you'd probably end out using more product. Also, because it gives you maximum coverage your skin can look dead and flat with no color in it so you may have to brush on some blush or bronzer.

I've heard the foundation has an amazaing finish when applied with the HD kabuki but im yet to try that. I actualy have the kabuki which is SUPER soft but i use it for bronzer instead

As for the HD thing it looks alright in pictures, but so does alot of other foundations ive used, i find as long as you're wearing the right shade of foundation and powder other brands can still look good even with glaring camera flash.

Video Reviews & Tutorials