December 22, 2014 | 1580 users online

Foundations - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Foundation

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2009 1:18:00 PM More reviews by AmazonRises

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Each time I tried one of these foundation on at Sephora, I loved it, mainly because the coverage is amazing and they make enough shades that I found two that work well on me (123 and 140). So I purchased one and got another one in a swap. There's no question that it covers well, looks very natural and the staying power is good. HOWEVER this product irritated my skin; possibly because I am used to wearing water-based and natural formula foundations. (Shu Uemura Face Architect and Korres Wild Rose foundations, which I will also review.) Using the MUFE product, my skin broke out and also seemed drier. I decided that I would keep them to wear for special occasions, or to mix with my concealers to make them more spreadable. (Note: the coverage is so good you can almost use it AS a concealer.) I still recommend this, but I recommend that you get a sample that you can use for at least 2-3 days, and decide on that basis whether to purchase it. This may not be ideal for someone with mature skin or who has a tendency towards clogged pores.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2009 5:54:00 PM More reviews by blackberry815

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Ok, So when I first bought this foundation I didn't liked it too much because it didn't really look like the mac foundations that I have become accustomed to (I'm about an NW45, NC50 in Mac) This is the very thing that I love about this foundation now..(ironic) The coverage in the HD foundation will not be the same as a mac studio fix fluid foundation. However this foundation just makes it look like you have flawless amazing skin. It looks like you have no makeup on when you wear it so don't expect it to conceal everything, it is a light to medium coverage. for everyday use it is amazing. Your skin will look even, and have a healthy glow. I get so many compliments on how great my skin looks when I wear this foundation. When I tell people it's the makeup they almost don't believe me because it doesn't look like makeup is on my face. I have to say a little goes a very little long way and I find that if I use too much ( by too much I mean three squirts) It makes my face look dry and cakey. So my advice is to moisturize, prime, and TWO squirts. well at least that is what works for me. Who wants to look like they have makeup on? I rather have people think I don't need makeup! lol

It is a bit pricey so I took one lippy off for the price.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/7/2009 10:42:00 PM More reviews by vanitybarbie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to like this,but the color is slightly off for reference I'm a nc 44/45 and I was matched in 173 which is slightly dark for me. It leaves me feeling dried out and cakey. I just don't think the finish is my cup of tea I much prefer my mufe face and body or napoleon perdis china doll foundation....

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2009 3:47:00 PM More reviews by rivera25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Hazel

It is very hard to get MUFE here in the UK. I really wanted to try this foundation but my only option was to purchase it online. I had to do my research in order to make sure i got the right shade. I ended up going for 115 (nw15 for ref) and it matched my skin perfectly. I am in LOVE with this foundation!! I have a lot of foundatons; to me foundation is the most important part of any womans/mans make up. This makes my skin look great and photographs fantastically (unlike the hd powder). I would def buy again-i just wish it was easier to get a hold of here in the UK.

EDIT: still love the foundation but thanks to religiously wearing spf, 115 has become a touch too dark so i now use 110 which is almost perfect but i can still get away with using 115 to be honest.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2009 2:12:00 PM More reviews by MakeupMamaofTwo

Just received this today with my Sephora F&F order. I am not too impressed with this foundation after trying it out today. I got shade 120 which is a pretty good match for me (NC25).

The coverage is what I am not too thrilled with. I applied with sephora's airbrush brush 55 and although don't feel like it is giving good coverage it still has a mask like matte dull appearance which I am not loving.

My *favorite* foundation is Armani Luminous Silk (shade 5 winter & 5.5 summer) which makes my skin look flawless and yet radiant and gives me more of a youthful look which this HD foundation seems to lack. I also really like Make up Forevers Face & Body (shade 20) foundation which IMO is superior than HD. My skin is naturally dry and dull so something so matte really can be unflattering to me.

The reasons I did give it 3 stars : great shade range & I love the hygenic pump bottle. I wish they would start packaging MUFE F&B that way.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/4/2009 8:06:00 PM More reviews by wargman

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I went to Sephora looking for a new foundation. The sales associate suggested HD foundation. She matched me in the store and honestly, I didn't see what she saw when I looked in the mirror, but sometimes the lighting in stores can do strange things so I bought it anyway as I knew it got good reviews on MUA.
The next day I put it on, looked in the mirror and yick- it made my skin look dry and caky (is that a word?)
I tried different moisturizers underneath, using a stipple brush, a different foundation brush and applying it with my fingers. I tried to use less product thinking I was applying it too heavily. Nothing made this product look good on me. So disappointed!. So it went back. I'm tired of looking for foundation. I had finally settled on Prescriptives Virtually Fresh when I learned they were going out of business- I can't believe I have to start all over!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2009 4:28:00 PM More reviews by BlissBaby

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is the absolute best quality foundation for older skin ever!! It creates an absolutely flawless finish...and stays put 12+ hours. A tiny bit goes a long way...and leaves your skin just dewey fresh, clear, and soft.

Don't tell MUFE, but I'd pay twice the price for it. It's that good

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2009 10:44:00 PM More reviews by lil_me

Only at Sephora $40
Ingredients:
All shades contain:
Aqua, Cyclopentasiloxane, Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate, Mica, talc, PEG-10 Dimenthicone, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Phenyl, Trimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Lauroyl Lysine, Dimenthicone Crosspolymer, Glyceryl Caprylate, Methylpropanediol, Butylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Cyclohexacyloxane, Methylisothiazolinone, Sorbitan Sesquileate, Silver Oxide, Propylene, Carbonate, Parfum (fragrance), Methylparaben, Fagus Sylvatica Extract (Fagus Sylvatica Bud Extract), Hydrolyzed Yeast Protein, [+/- CI 77891 )titanium Dioxide), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides).
-Apply directly on skin. Small quantity is sufficient to make up the whole face.
-Perfect and mattify application by dusting with HD powder.
Sephora website states:

HD Invisible Cover Foundation
What it is:
An oil-free medium-to-full-coverage liquid foundation that covers skin imperfections flawlessly while remaining invisible on-screen and in real life.

What it does:
Creates a soft-focus effect, designed to meet the coverage concerns of those in the spotlight. It creates a complexion that looks flawless, even in bright or harsh lighting.

What else you need to know:
This Sephora-exclusive foundation comes in 25 different shades to suit all skintones.
Size: 1.01 oz
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I love this! For me, this lives up to the hype.

I chose shade 120 (I am a NC30 in MAC). The oil free, yellow-toned formula glides onto my skin. Currently, my skin issue is some redness around my nostrils and chin areas. I only need a small (1 pea size) amount (concentrating mainly around nostrils, cheeks, chin--then blending to rest of face) and the coverage is natural. I've tried applying with my fingers for a soft medium HD finish and also used a damp taclon foundation brush for a sheerer finish (2 small pea sized drops because some was absorbed into the brush). Long lasting (10-16 hours) and natural looking. No need for powder to set on most days! Amazing! No detectable fragrance. Nice sturdy plastic pump dispenser!

My only con MAY be the price, but I've used more expensive foundations before and was left with less than superior qualities. I would repurchase in a snap! YAY!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2009 4:54:00 PM More reviews by vanillachica

The best foundation I've ever tried. Most liquid foundations tend to either melt off my face, become too shiny/greasy, or cause breakouts. This one stays on all day and provides a truly flawless finish - minimized pores, no shine, even skintone. I bought shade #120 which looks really light in the packaging but goes on true to my skintone. Feels totally comfortable, too - not heavy or mask-like. I apply with my fingers for a natural, sheer finish or my Dior foundation brush for a more airbrushed finish. The stuff is not cheap, but it's definitely worth it!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/27/2009 1:05:00 AM More reviews by blondiebombshell

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I just purchased this foundation based on the suggestion of the manager at Sephora. I had been using the Laura Mercier oil free foundation in procelain ivory for the last few years and she suggested this foundation in #115. I have to say as picky as I can be, I have been very happy so far with this foundation. I feel it is easy to apply and is very buildable if you are looking for more coverage. I put it to the sweat test as well and through my rigorous workouts, it still looks great. I find it to be long lasting and very light compared to the Laura Mercier foundation I had been using. Plus it looks natural! I find the price not to be too steep because a little goes a long way. I have found with my past experiences with foundation, that the more I pay, the higher the quality of the foundation.