July 22, 2014 | 1893 users online

Foundations - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2009 8:14:00 PM More reviews by jellybeankthxbai

I just started using this product and I have got to say that I really really like it. I went into a sephora and tried matching myself but thought that even the lightest was too dark, so i asked for some help, they used one of those air brush brushes and it blended perfectly with my skin, I use 110 and it just a tad darker, so im very pale. I really like this because its sheer, and it adds a nice glow to my skin, and i dont need to use barely any at all for the look that i want!
I jsut wish it wasnt in a pump, i feel like when i run out of it its going to be hiding some of it in the pump, and that ill be upset about since it is 40 bucks.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/10/2009 11:48:00 PM More reviews by jockiipopelectric

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Hate this hate this hate this!!!! It's making me break out and it only goes on smoothly with a primer. I thought it could be an alternative to my expensive dior airflash...but it isn't... I'm definitly going back to my airflash... so far it's the best foundation I've ever had and it healed my skin and acne scars... I can't believe people are ranting and raving about the HD Foundation all over youtube... thanks to them I'm now going to have to return over 100 dollars worth of products tomorrow... buying this foundation is the biggest mistake I've made makeup wise. It's just not worth $40 dollars... especially since it doesn't have that great of a coverage. BLAH BLAH BLAH.
goodbye.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/10/2009 10:28:00 PM More reviews by lovepotion9

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't get all the hype about this foundation. I went to Sephora needing a foundation and the sales lady recommended this one, so I got color matched in store. When I started using it, I noticed that it looked unnatural. Perhaps I didn't get color matched correctly because it made me look even more yellow (I'm asian so I have the yellow undertones). The concept of HD foundation is great, but this is a so-so product. It is medium to full coverage, but didn't cover my acne or marks good at all. I like my foundation to cover everything; I don't like using concealer. It also does not last so I had to do touch ups along the day. It doesn't blend well that way, either. I noticed in photos this foundation looks great, but in real life there was something off about the texture. This foundation is NOT worth $40, long live Revlon ColorStay.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2009 3:49:00 PM More reviews by 800256

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I picked up this in shade 118 Marble as I am NC-25 in Mac and the match was pretty good. It cover blemishes and sunspots well and blends easily. However I find that when I use this on days that my skin is oilier like around "that time of the month" it tends to cake and feel heavy. So a note to one self if you have oily skin get a sample first to see how it will look and feel on you. The bottle will last me a long time since a little goes a long way. It's $40 for 1.01 oz @ Sephora.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/8/2009 4:01:00 PM More reviews by chillawills

This didn't work for me. The color was a good match, but it settled into fine lines and pores, even with a very light application. It felt a bit heavy, which I would've lived with, had it given me the flawless coverage it promised.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/8/2009 3:11:00 PM More reviews by mascaraluvin

I have to say that I had very high expectations with this product. All the makeup gurus have been going on and on about this foundation so I thought I would try a bottle. It didn't give me any coverage but the coloring of it was nice. I liked the variety with the colors. It was not worth the 40 bucks though.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2009 8:20:00 AM More reviews by Melyssa86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Wow, I think I've found my HG foundation. I used smashbox FX for a long time, and while it was very decent, I gound it a little too shiny and overly dewy- especially later in the day. MUFE HD offers a natural looking flawless face (seriously u could prbly wear it and trick ppl into believing u weren't wearing hardly any makeup and naturally had perfect skin). It goes on nicely and isn't heavy at all. I have slightly oily, sensitive skin with some redness and a few blemishes and love this product for myself. If you like a heavy, matte finish (ue. MAC studio fix, Clinique superfit) that looks like u have foundation on, then this isn't for u. Give this a try, you wil get a flawness, natural and glowing look.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/7/2009 11:55:00 PM More reviews by traceyadwl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Although this foundation looks pretty good in photos, I wouldn’t recommend it for everyday wear. The color was matched pretty close to my skin, but the formula still looks somewhat cakey and unnatural. It is medium to full coverage, but still doesn’t mask blemishes the way my Mat Velvet Oil Free Foundation (which I love, btw) does. Nor does it look as natural, imo. I usually only use this in the summer when it’s a better match to my completion, or mix it with another foundation for the perfect shade. If you’re looking for a nice HD foundation and can handle a slightly sheerer coverage, head over to Giorgio Armani.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2009 4:46:00 PM More reviews by DiyaSpade

I tried this foundation twice. 2 bottles, 2 different shades ove a time span of 1 month. Getting colormatched was a pain. I'm an NC40-42/C4 in MAC, and the colors they chose for me were either too yellow or too red. The application was okay at first. It seemed to blend in nicely without looking odd/cakey, but after a few hours the foundation turned oily and made me look orange. I gave this foundation 2 chances, and it didnt work out too well for me. I'll stick to MAC F&B and keep looking for something that can offer me more coverage.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2009 11:25:00 AM More reviews by tiarajoe

I got to admit this product is really good if you're constantly being photograph at. I model for this product before, and when they did half of my face and took it with a HD camera (alot of camera uses HD now) the difference is really visible. The made-up face was slimmer, firmer and flawless. You can skip the concealers while using this product. the only 2 cons that i can make off after using this product is that (just don't be stingy with the foundation, but it does not look at all cakey)

1) eyeshadow make-up will slip right off ( this is after you powder the face with the HD loose powder) but you can add a bit of concealer or a little bit of the foundation on the eye lid to hold it.

2) The cost of it!! Imagine you have to get the HD pirmer, HD foundation, HD loose Powder, the kabuki brush and the eye colours.... its cost you a bomb.

If you want a cheaper alternative (but forget the camera-magic it can do) stick with the face and body. To the naked eyes, both products looks the same.

Hope this review help