February 1, 2015 | 1688 users online

Foundations - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2009 5:57:00 PM More reviews by cynthiafranck

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE THIS FOUNDATION!!! I LIKE IT BETTER THAN MY MAC STUDIO FINISH FOUNDATION! THIS IS MY HG! THIS FOUNDATION IS GREAT! I HAVE MANY DIFFERENT FOUNDATIONS (ETC. GIORGIO ARMANI, DIOR NUDE, CHANEL PRO, KORRES,MAC) I LOVE ALL MY FOUNDATIONS BUT FOR SOME REASON I FIND MYSELF REACHING FOR THIS ONE..IT MAKES MY FACE LOOK DEWY (I LIKE THE DEWY LOOK) AND FLAWLESS..IT ALSO LOOKS GREAT IN PICTURES

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2009 10:33:00 AM More reviews by meisje1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It took me so long to find a foundation that did not break me out and did give me the coverage that I needed. The Make up Forever HD Foundation is the one for me. I love the texture and the fact that it is fluid. It does not make my skin look cakey or anything, it actually looks quite natural. Just make sure you have a professional choose your colour, the right colour makes all the difference!
Coverage is medium, but I use it with my vichy concealer which can cover virtually everything so thats ok. Will definitely buy this product again

rated 1 of 5 on 12/1/2009 5:40:00 PM More reviews by ralcan01

this totally broke me out.. and not like in milia but almost like a rash.. i have these bumps on my face and it's taking more than a week to get rid of it.. it's very ugly looking eww... maybe they push the primer so your skin is protected from the makeup itself.. hmm don't know.. i'm too scared to put anything they make on my face...

rated 2 of 5 on 11/28/2009 7:46:00 PM More reviews by KBujold

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Tried this twice. Broke me out both times. I really wanted to like it but unfortunately just doesn't work with my skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2009 7:25:00 PM More reviews by lucy1984

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Mac nc40/42, C40

I needed some foundation and I wanted to try something new. I used mac sff but it seemed a bit heavy on my skin. I didn't want to go get matched at sephora because most associates are rude. :( I read reviews and tried to find a couple shades that I should go try. Once I got to sephora, I knew which shades to try. I tried 128, 153 and another shade.

128 was ok. It seemed to match my skin alright. But 153, seemed to be perfect because it melted into my skin. I could not tell where I had applied this. My boyfriend could not tell either.

Before I left, I asked for a sample of the HD primer. I really wasn't happy paying $40 for a foundation but Ive never seen a foundation that settled so nicely to my skin. I wanted to get the HD powder, but according to the associate, they were sold out. I got home and I tried it one more time. I loved it!

I haven't used this foundation with a brush yet. Just my fingers. I apply one pump and rub my fingers together to heat it up. I pat my fingers lightly and then blend it out. it doesnt cake up like most foundations ive used. with mac sff, i would see the foundation cake up underneath my eyes and near my nose. with mufe hd, i dont get that heavy look and feel.

The finish on my skin was matte. I've used clinique translucent powder and mac smooth harmony to set it.

At first, I thought that the foundation was a bit dark. But then after a few minutes, I see how it looks like I'm not wearing foundation. It doesn't cover my dark spots entirely but It makes my skin even. I've read many girls that wear nc40/42 are matched to 128. I might be getting a sample to try it out.

This foundation feels light and doesn't dry quickly, which is good when you're trying to blend it out. I haven't tested this for pictures. So far, I haven't seen any breakouts.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/27/2009 11:34:00 PM More reviews by ltansley

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product was just so so. The setting powder is AMAZING...but the foundation is just alright. I honestly like loreal true match more and its a fraction of the price. This foundation kind of makes me look dull...which I guess is great if you want a REALLY matte look, but I find it sort of gets rid of any naturalness all together. I found the consistancy once applied to be kind of chalky. Like the packaging though, Im a fan of the pump! It isnt messy at all.
Overall: meh. expensive for what it is...Can do better for less.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/27/2009 11:05:00 PM More reviews by dancingsupastar

This product is a lifesaver. It covers scars, redness, etc. It lasts all day. It feels and looks refreshing on your face. The price is alittle steep, but I think it is worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/25/2009 11:05:00 PM More reviews by joymeetsworld

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Okay, let's face it: this foundation is expensive. It's $40 (if I remember right, probably should have checked first!) and to me, feels like every other liquid foundation I have ever used. I love how it feels light, but I think a lot of that has to do with the brush I use (MAC 187). I don't have any complaints, but I am going to keep experimenting with other foundations before I buy this one again.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/23/2009 6:58:00 PM More reviews by gearslut

I picked up a sample of this at Sephora. I liked this product better than the Mat Velvet. My skin gets oily during the day and I found I did not have to blot after applying a powder over this (Benefit's Get Even). It went on nicely using a foundation brush (Prescriptives) and covered the blemishes without using a concealer. I'd say this product is on par with MAC Studio Fix Fluid but without the added stench and did not "crackle" at the end of the day.

I wish there was an option to Maybe purchase this product as it's a definite maybe on my list.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2009 6:37:00 PM More reviews by wwc20

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

my HG foundation! i use my 187 brush to apply it, it feelslight but offers perfect coverage! I have redness and scars on my checks.. normally i cant hide them even with concealer.. and this stuff rocks, just one thin layer or two make my skin looks flawless! unfortunately the MA insisted 125 is the right shade for me and it is far too dark (i am NC/NW20).

the price may be steep for some.. but i think it totally worths it! and oh,i love the pump as well :D