Maybelline Volum' Express The Colossal

3.5

Water - Aqua , Paraffin , Potassium Cetyl Phosphate , Beeswax - Cera Alba , Carnauba Wax - Cera Carnauba , Acacia Senegal Gum - Acacia Senegal , Glycerin , Cetyl Alcohol , Hydroxyethylcellulose , Sodium Polymethacrylate , Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil , Hydrogenated Palm Oil , Phenethyl Alcohol , Phenoxyethanol , Steareth-20 , PEG/PPG-17/18 Dimethicone , Polyquaternium-10 , Silica , Soluble Collagen , Simethicone , Panthenol , Disodium EDTA , Iron Oxides - CI 77499 - CI 77492 - CI 77491 - May Contain , Titanium Dioxide - CI 77891 - May Contain , Ultramarines - CI 77007 - May Contain , Chromium Oxide Greens - CI 77288 - May Contain , Chromium Hydroxide Green - CI 77289 - May Contain , Manganese Violet - CI 77742 - May Contain , Ferric Ferrocyanide - CI 77510 - May Contain , Mica - May Contain

on 10/18/2009 9:52:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

overall, this is a pretty good mascara. pretty good lengthening, but not as much volume as full n' soft. lots of people say they hate the rose smell but i really dont mind it (its not like anyones going to be like hey do your lashes smell rosy?) no one will know guys, so dont sweat it. another complaint is the packaging. say it ugly and bulky. well i personally love the packing. i would rather have that than plain blak.. but that just me. hope i helped!

on 10/17/2009 4:20:00 PM

This product has gives an volumizing effect to my lashes just as it claims but I'm particularly sensitive towards scented cosmetics. The scent do bother me a bit during my application of the mascara but once it's on I really don't care.
Another thing that I really dislike about this product is the brush , It is so huge that i can't reach the corners of my lashes. My lashes are short and thin. With the huge brush it just takes a lot of time to apply it and I have to clean my eyelid every time because of the mascara residue during the application.
Overall , this product is decent enough but it might need some improvements. Until them I might just find another mascara that is easier to apply.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
update: After using this for some time now, I finally liking this product. I have to say that the brush is huge and it takes time to get use to it. Same issue with the brush not reaching out to the corners of my eyes. But after a few practice, I did see that my lashes looks thicker but it does not really hold the curls so well.

Conclusion: Not the perfect mascara for me but it's a great at volumizing my lashes.

on 10/16/2009 7:13:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I love this product. The only thing that made be a bit "weirded out" at first was the awkward smell, not bad, just unusual becuase i had never even heard of a scented mascara. But I got one and tried it and I really lved it and for a while i stopped using it to try a different mascara but i always seem to jump back to this one reminding myself of its excellent formula. Never has it flaked on me or clumped my eyelashes and i've certainly gotten use to the smell. Its a great product and i recommend it to anyone!!

more than three coats and its clumpmania for me! it really really thickens like crazy, but doesnt add too much length. very dramatic mascara i can so afford!

on 10/16/2009 6:55:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I like this product because it volumizes a lot my lashes!!! I don't really like the smell but I can afford it. It's not that terrible. The only thing I don't like is that it is very flaky. I will buy this product again.

on 10/16/2009 6:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

I love the packaging except that the opening cover keeps coming up when I twist open the cap, but I think it may just be a dud. But I LOVE the product and I LOVE the brush! So far this is my fav mascara.

on 10/16/2009 6:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is my favorite mascara. I use "Glam Black". It really thickens and lengthens my lashes and lasts all day. I've used some pretty bad mascaras in the past which made me think that mascaras didn't work at all, but this mascara is fantastic. It also really helps make my eyes pop. The only bad thing I can think of is the lashes at the very outer corner of my eyes can't get as coated as much as my other lashes because the brush is a bit too wide.

on 10/16/2009 11:47:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I can't understand all the bad reviews for this product. It separates my lashes amazingly well, adds length and volume, and stays on all day while retaining the same curl I gave it this morning. It's awesome. And yes, it has a perfumey smell, but it's not THAT bad. I can't smell my eyelashes throughout the day like some people claim. The only reason I gave this a 4 is that it's hard to get the lashes at the corner of my eye because the brush is pretty big. Otherwise, I personally love this mascara.

on 10/15/2009 4:35:00 PM

My new favorite!
I have **almost** nothing bad to say about this mascara.
I have skinny, light, short, barely there lashes and 2 coats of this volumizes and lengthens. I love this because it doesn't make them so long that I can see lashes in my peripheral vision like with falsies and some other mascaras that are supposed to lengthen (does that make sense? can anybody else do that or am I just weird?)
One coat would suffice but out of habit I put on 2. I love that the color of the tube is almost this dayglow yellow so it's easy to see at the bottom of my purse (I should paint everything I own this color)
The ONLY bad thing is that if you have the nasty habit of accidently rubbing your eyes like I do at the end of a long day, it will flake (not smear...flake) and the flakes attach themselves under your eyes. I won't blame this on the mascara however because you shouldn't rub your eyes EVER.
It's at a great price point and has zero smell.
Will certainly buy again!

on 10/14/2009 1:38:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

i forgot to bring mascara one day and had to borrow my sister's.
she still very young so she only uses drugstore mascara.
i dont really like this masacara. the only thing i like about it is it holds curls.
other than that, it makes my lashes look very dry and brittle.
and it smells horrible.
smell like something dangerous i shouldnt put near my eyes.