September 22, 2014 | 1746 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express The Colossal

rated 3 of 5 on 9/2/2009 12:19:00 AM More reviews by jenni1129

Let me start by saying it was an okay mascara. I love big, dramatic, fat lashes so I usually get voluminous and thickening mascaras. This mascara gave me long, thick lashes. With a little bit of clumping. But I believe that thickening mascaras should do that a bit. I kinda like the clumpy look, so that wasn't an issue. It does smudge when you apply it. When I apply it I always get smudges on my eyelid and brow bone. But with a tissue it wipes off. Overall, pretty good mascara. But not the best.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2009 2:34:00 PM More reviews by annehelge

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

No, no, no, no, no.

This is everything I do NOT want from a mascara:
- it makes your lashes look like big lumpy sticks of licorice
- it makes them stick together so you actually seem to have FEWER lashes than before
- it smells horrible, and the smell seems to linger (someone mentioned rose smell - I beg to differ, it is a nasty chemical stink)
- your lashes will feel crispy / crunchy
- it feels like it weighs on your lashes

On the plus side, it is really black.

And, even though I cannot imagine someone actually WANTS big lumpy licorice-stick lashes, my eyes prove me wrong every day.

So, for the ladies who want volume at any price, this is for you.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2009 5:57:00 PM More reviews by Rebaybay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Pro.> I really like this mascara ,
It gives you the fuller, longer , thicker lashes as promise ! (:
I immediately noticed that once it was put on ,
But some other things I noticed is that ,
Con.> It clumps sometimes when i don't put it on fast enough ,
which is okay because I'm a first-time user so its not surprising i put on mascara on a little slower then you guys do.
Also, there is that "Weird Rose Scent" :X
>But Overall, I would buy this again (:

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2009 2:50:00 PM More reviews by socialdoc

If you like a mascara to give you fuller, thicker lashes, then this is it! I like my mascara to make my lashes really stand out, not just hi-light them with color, I want a WOW factor! This one delivers!

It can get a tad glumpy, but overall, it gives me the thickness I like a lot!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/28/2009 12:38:00 PM More reviews by tris99

I don't like this. I've used it for a while now thinking that somehow maybe I'll like it better. It's clumpy and it smells awful. Don't get this.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2009 9:30:00 AM More reviews by missred2u

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

This does what it says, but I still like Lash Blast better. I hate the smell of this mascara. It's just like the Lash Stiletto, and it's hard to describe, other than it stinks. I'll be sticking with LB.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/28/2009 7:12:00 AM More reviews by danih

A first, I was a bit reluctant to try this mascara as every maybelline mascara Ive used is absolutely crap and doesn't do what is promised. Plus Ive been using covergirl's lashblast which is amazing! But i was very surprised, I actually like this mascara better than lashblast- it gave a more natural, softer/more defined lash look, but still gave volume (not as much as lashblast, but almost).
It is also very easy to wash off, which i love because i dont have to rub my eyes to get it off.
The only thing is (and this is the reason I only gave it 3 lippies) is that the smell is terrible (to me anyway), and I could smell it all day like another girl said she could and it was really annoying! I wish the smell wasnt so strong so I could use this every day because it looks really good, but unfortunately the smell is just too much for me lol so i wont be repurchasing :(

rated 3 of 5 on 8/27/2009 5:13:00 PM More reviews by girlydancer462

this mascara was just ok. it lengthened more than volumized, which i really don't need since i have natually long, but thin lashes. it also un-curled my lashes more than my other mascaras. by the end of the day, it flakes a little, leaving little specks of black on your cheeks and under you're eyes. nothing was horribly awfull, but these little faults make it not so good. i got if 50% off, so i'm not too upset, and i will finish up the tube, but won't buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2009 11:07:00 AM More reviews by jekkah

This is a truly great mascara. Lots of volume and length with no clumps, no flaking. If you really want a lot of volume, it takes a bit of time to build it up, but it doesn't clump even as you add on layers. The only thing that would keep me from repurchasing is the cheesy packaging (yellow and purple? seriously?). I've found that L'Oreal's new extra volume collagen mascara performs similarly, in a simple black tube. Maybe I'm just being silly, but packaging appearance does make a difference to me : )

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2009 12:59:00 AM More reviews by tinathecookie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

This mascara is fabulous! It not only builds volume, but I find it lengthens and softens my lashes. It has a very thick consistency, which is lacking in some of the pricier mascaras. The brush is huge and great to apply with, the right length as well. For such a cheap mascara, it's fantastic. I have read on here that some people have experienced difficulties with drying out of the mascara, but i have had mine for about a month now and am just about through with it and it has not dried out. Probably better for frequent mascara users.