April 17, 2014 | 908 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express The Colossal

rated 3 of 5 on 8/9/2009 8:46:00 PM More reviews by lmf102

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Ok I am SOO mad about this mascara. As others have said - when applied right, this product is awesome, almost HG status. The color is deep black and it adds length and volume. Hate the smell but that's a non-issue. What is an issue is that this is my THIRD tube in which the inner piece that filters the mascara has broken and when I've taken out the wand it is completed coated in a black goo - completely unusable. I have absolutely no idea why this has happened but it always seems to with this particular brand.

I will probably purchase again...however, for now I am going to give this mascara the silent treatment for a few months before that happens

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2009 5:52:00 PM More reviews by shy_makeup_girl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

my HG mascara!!!!!! reallllly cheap and wayy better compared to Dior's diorshow- that one clumped like mad and only lasted about a month before drying up. This mascara holds my curl when i curl my eyelashes and make them standout..so many people have asked me if im wearing fake eyelashes!!!! im so happy that i can flaunt whats actually mine and finally i have found a product that does so!

try it, you'll LOVE it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2009 6:12:00 AM More reviews by Ania_Wang

This is an amazing mascara! It's not worce then YSL Faux Cils!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2009 3:09:00 AM More reviews by PlayGrndJunkie

Im sorry a lot of you dont like it but I LOVE IT i normally only use waterproof, im not a fan of non waterproof. I like the packaging, i feel the brush is too big, especially at the tip its hard to get at the corners of the eye, and i almost always need to tidy up my lids with a q-tip, but i'm getting used to it. As for the smell, i dont know why anyone is complaining, its not perfume its MASCARA it doesnt smell overly different to any other mascara ive used and the smell doesnt stick around. Its gives me great length and volume, i do find the brush picks up too much product however, i spend half my time scraping the brush against the rim of the container. I love how defined my lashes look and how 'awake' it makes my eyes look. I would definately reccommend and re-purchase this product, infact i just ordered the waterproof version. Thought it was reasonably priced, ive used some crap mascaras for dearer.

I have recieved and been using the waterproof version and love it, the smell isnt quite as apparent, perfect amount of product on the wand, doesnt quite give the same length as the non-waterproof. But I like it better because it can rain I can cry and my mascara aint gunna be running down my cheeks!

On me:
Non-waterproof = dramatic length and volume, subtle falsies look. Hello Bambi lashes!

Waterproof = same as the non, to a SLIGHT lesser extent plus its waterproof!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/9/2009 1:10:00 AM More reviews by acjalive101

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i love the formula for this but i hate the brush. it makes my lashes stick together.
i just got the brush from another mascara and used it and now i love this stuff. the formula is awesome.

it is a little smelly but you get used to it.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/8/2009 11:39:00 PM More reviews by prettyanduglytk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Pros:
-Great deep black, I'm NW50 and MUFE F&B 46 and like intense eye makeup and this is a great color
-Great brush
-Id say it volumizes pretty well

Cons:
-THE SMELL OH MY GOD THE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE SMELL. UGH IT IS SO FOUL. WHHYYY. It smells like fresh wildflowers but in a small concentrated package.
-It is pricey for a drugstore mascara
-Smudge-city by the end of the day, I looked like I was summoning raccoon troops.

Will not buy again. Honestly if it had no scent (not sure how I feel about having such a scented product near my eyeballs) and if I attempted the waterproof, I may not push it aside so quickly... for now though it is in the trash.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2009 1:39:00 PM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love this mascara! It lengthens, curls and adds amazing volume to my lashes. In 2 to 3 coats I achieve dramatic lashes that look fantastic. This mascara lasts all day without my lashes becoming droopy. It also doesn't flake or smudge. Highly recommend it.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/7/2009 9:29:00 PM More reviews by boodyxettex3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This mascara is pretty good for the first week or two, because after that, the formula gets all weird. It's been the same for all the times I've bought this, works wonders for me at first, and then after like three months of sitting. between then, you put the mascara on and after a little while it all sinks down your lashes, specially if you put on more than one coat, so your stuck with normal tips of lashes, then the bottoms all chunky. let it sit for a while, (month or two) and it works almost better than it did at first, like using lashblast but a little better (lots of length). And again after a few weeks it needs to sit again. Buy this if you want long lashes but only when it feels like working for you. :P I'm most likley not going to buy this again because you can get better effects with another mascara, without waiting and timing and testing and having it sit ect.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/6/2009 4:14:00 PM More reviews by tashionista

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I do not like this mascara at all. It dulls my lashes and pulls them down without really curling or adding volume. I have dark lashes that a medium length & I find by the end of the day (or even within a few hours) it seems to have made my lashes shorter!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/5/2009 7:32:00 PM More reviews by cynthiamd

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This mascara is very black, does give volume but also gives clumps.
Sometimes I put it on and I get amazing lashes, other times it clumps like the devil.
I like it a lot though when it works so I will most likely repurchase.