BeneFit Cosmetics High Beam

4.1

on 5/28/2013 2:14:00 AM

lots of people love this product and it looks great on them but It just doesn't look natural or give me that seamless highlight as it does to others. I would repurchase it though because I use it on special occasions or if I'm doing a "glowing" look it just takes too much work for every day

on 5/26/2013 1:17:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I LOVEEE High Beam. I have a ton of highlighters and this stuff is so versatile and amazing. First - yes, it's pricey like most Benefit products. However, you get a TON of product. Like a full size nail polish bottle. I think it's absolutely worth the price for the amount you get and the applicator is awesome.

I use this occasionally on my cheeks, but please don't limit yourself there. I almost always do this every day - spread little tiny dots from the inner eye area up into underneath the brow bone and a little underneath my eye. I then carefully dab it with my fingers to blend it in (or a concealer brush) and it is definitely very flattering with an amazing glow. I do this EVERY day and it looks great.

You can also use on your cupid's bow, over your eyebrows, your cheeks, whatever...don't limit it to ONLY your cheeks and then complain. This stuff is amazing, and sample sizes are available. Or just sample it at Sephora!

on 5/25/2013 4:34:00 PM

I love this highlighter I've tried several (including BeneFits girl meets pearl) and this is by far my favorite! I have it in the mini size - 4 ml and i will definitely buy the full size one when this one is empty! It is so creamy and very reflective, it definitely helps to make my cheekbones stand out! The only problem is that it can dry quite quickly so you'd better apply it and blend it quickly otherwise it becomes difficult to blend! I love this highlighter!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I am such a big fan on Benefit Cosmetics.
When I first tried a sample of High Beam many years ago I was so happy with the product thus I fell in love.
I bought my full size highbeam bottle about 2 years ago and STILL HAVE IT.
The packaging states the product lasts 12 months but have not noticed any difference in delivery after having it more than two years.
Although pricey, i found that purchasing straight from the Benefit website works out cheaper than ebay and local stores. I live in Australia and they really rake the prices up here.
I dot HighBeam on my cheek bones, cupids bow, down the front of my nose and just underneath my eyebrows. It gives a great glow and lasts pretty much the whole day.
I love a dewy finish but even when set with a powder is still does an amazing job.
The price can dishearten some but it truly is worth the price. My HG of HGs :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

This looks pretty in photographs and in person if you have the right skin tone. I have about a million of the half sizes of this and the full size and barely use it. Looks nice when you have a nice summer tan. It looks really pretty paired with Bare Minerals faux tan bronzer, which is my HG bronzer and has great brown undertones which pair really well with this frosty pink highlighter. It isn't universally flattering though and I hate the packaging. Use a sponge and a light hand to apply or you will look tacky and greasy.

on 5/19/2013 12:01:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This highlighter makes oily skin look even oilier & shinier. I've applied this highlighter along my cheekbones (one dot for each side - instead of the recommended 3) and it doesn't brighten/improve my complexion at all.

I suggest to my fellow oily skin friends, use a powder highlighter instead. I've tried the Bobbi Brown shimmer brick and it gave me a better natural look as compared to High Beam.

on 5/14/2013 12:24:00 AM

I didn't think I liked highlighters until I got High Beam. Now I'm hooked! The applicator is great, similar to a nail polish brush. It really adds a special and light glow to my cheeks - nothing too over the top or cartoon-y. I was worried this would be "immature" because it looks so sparkly. However, it's not... it just adds a little extra something to your complexion. I will be rebuying this, although it may be a while - one bottle lasts forever. Love it!

I had a sample of this before purchasing the full sized product and I loved it! I used it everyday on my brow bones, my cupid's bow and the tops of my cheeks. It gave a luminous iridescence without being obvious in any way. I found it was perfect for my very fair skin. However, I didn't get along with the product at all after I got the full size. Perhaps it was a change of formula or a change in my foundation routine but instead of going on smooth and silky it would drag along my foundation creating streaks of shine! I tried and tried with this product to get the results I used to but it just didn't work for me anymore. Disappointed.

on 5/9/2013 3:48:00 AM

Life changing. I use it right above my brow bones, where its most reflective. Committed for life.

on 5/6/2013 8:15:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

It caused extreme swelling on me, I suggest making a patch test for girls with sensitive skin. Previously I has allergy to lancome absolue eye cream, both are containing triethalomine so it can be the cause.

Video Reviews & Tutorials