October 24, 2014 | 1769 users online

Treatments (Face) - SKII - Facial Treatment Essence

rated 4 of 5 on 10/5/2011 12:04:00 PM More reviews by rucci80

It does clear up the skin texture and visually enhances clarity for my combo skin.
Its like a toner before u moisturise and I feel it absorbs quick and doesn't leave a sticky residue.
Cons is that it's very expensive and the smell isn't pleasant. Colour will turn yellower as it oxidizes.
Pros is that it did visually enhance my skins luminosity and texture and helped even out dry cheeks.
Will only re purchase if it comes with gift with purchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/5/2011 9:33:00 AM More reviews by sumyi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't use this frequent enough to comment about its long term effect. This is because initially when I first use it, it will be all right but there's no difference in my skin - no eradiction of pimples, no lightening of scars, no moisturising effect. After several days or a week, my skin feels as though it has been "thinned" by the bottle of foul stuff. My face feels tighter after washing my face and slapping on moisturiser only works for sometimes so nowadays, I use SKII FTE whenever I feel like it and that I don't use it for over a week.

Update: I tried to use it once every other day because this bottle is so expensive and I just want to use it up.

However, as days passed, my skin became more sensitive. It turned slightly red and stings sometimes when I put my moisturiser on. I have since stopped using because it is too harsh on my skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2011 6:56:00 AM More reviews by emmgill

I didn't really know what to expect from this product. I tend to put this on like a toner with my hands. I pat it on my face. It sinks into my skin really quickly. It makes my skin feel so soft and smooth. I then put whatever product i want over the top. Either one of my serums or moistuirzer. When I wash my face the next day my skin look clear, feels smooth and just looks 'fresher'. After i started using this i got compliments from people saying my skin was looking really glowy and healthy, without makeup on. usually anything with fragrance in it is a big no no for me. but my skin seems to handle this. This is definitely a keeper for me. It is expensive but you can buy tester sizes online, so maybe try that first. This is a perfect product for me. Highly recommend it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2011 10:05:00 AM More reviews by ECMac25

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I am not a fan of toners and mists and any skincare products that have a watery consistency. I just find them either unecessary or too drying for my skin. SKII facial treatment essence is the only exception. For whatever reason, this "holy water" truly does perform miracles...whenever I stray from it, my skin develops a bumpy texture and reverts to a combination state of being oily in the t-zone and very dry/sensitive in the cheeks. With the essence, my skin is even in texture, tone, and is moisturized evenly. Recently, I developed a horrible allergic reaction and sunburn to a new serum that I tried, and so I went and bought a new bottle of this essence after being without it for a year...as I remembered, upon first application, it immediately soothed my skin and healed the damage within a week. I probably won't purchase this product regularly as it's so pricey, but I will turn to it again in skin emergency situations!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/18/2011 8:57:00 PM More reviews by limstephy

I have just returned from a snorkelling trip and my face are getting a lot of bumps and breakouts. Tried jojoba oil which was previously working for me, it doesn't seem effective now. SK-II is having a promotional package which came with a toner and FTE and I decided to give it a try. Though its just Day 1 of using it, I already noticed the effect on my skin. Fairer, lesser bumps, smoother and in fact I felt like I came back from a facial just after one night. Hope to see more positive results. Will update soon.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2011 9:09:00 AM More reviews by tnt21

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this product, not sure if it has improved any signs of aging, that only time will tell. But this product makes my skin feels really soft and smooth. It just erases any bumps on the face. As to clearing pores I don't think that is possible with any product, it may just minimize it a bit.
Have been using FTE for over a year now and will rebuy it definitely!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/15/2011 3:37:00 AM More reviews by racmal01

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I can't quite make my mind up on this essence. It was horrendously expensive and I didn't even buy the largest size bottle but bought the 150 ml bottle. I use this after cleansing and toning and find that it's applied better when my skin is just a wee bit damp from my toner.
Considering the premium price and branding the packaging is very cheap and they could well improve with how the liquid is dispensed to both save product and also to reduce the risk of contamination.
I have been using this for 3 months now. I have combination skin, early-mid thirties with no obvious lines or wrinkles. It doesn't cause break-outs or dry my skin but but I really done see much of an improvement for the price tage (much like the Genifique serum). In saying this though I think this product is a preventative anti-aging essence so unless I can do a 'Sliding Doors' moment I will never really know if using this will help slow down the aging process.
Not sure how people hate the smell - its so subtle it's not worth mentioning and one you apply any other face creams it is undetectable. Using it twice daily my bottle will probably last 6 months so i will have to review it later on to see if something better is on the market. If you don't mind spending the extra money on a product which is probably not an essential for your daily skin care routine then you should at least try it out but otherwise I wouldn't worry about buying it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2011 3:38:00 PM More reviews by Hawko

I had this for 3 years, initially I used it and find nothing significant. The effect is nothing short of using some scrub or AHA, but for the price, its not worth it. I used about half of it (4 oz) and I tried it the other day again & still .... not much difference.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/8/2011 9:33:00 PM More reviews by lkjpoiu

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This product broke me out HORRIBLY, I have sensitive skin and the sales women promised me that it would be ok for my skin. The first day I used it, it was ok...but by the third day, I broke out on my cheeks and could not continue to use it as it started to itch. I gave it to my mom and hope she gets use out of it or it will be money going down the drain..

rated 4 of 5 on 9/7/2011 8:26:00 AM More reviews by sixbluemooses

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

My only negative comment about this is the price - why SK-II whyyyyy!

I don't use their whole range, I only use the essence because i got it as a free sample (30ml size). I'm using it as the SA reccomended for my oily/dehydrated acne prone skin - press into my skin with my fingers after toning and before moisturiser. I've been using it for about 2 weeks now.

I'm loving the feeling it gives me and my skin is definitely more glowy - a nice difference to my normal dull oily skin.
It hasn't negatively affected my acne either but it hasn't really prevented new pimples either. It seems like its making my pores smaller though, so that can only help my acne right?
I'll update after a few more weeks of use :)

UPDATE:
I ended up buying the big bottle :D
I don't use it every day twice a day like suggested, but more like every night or second night when I feel like I need some extra moisture etc
its made my skin softer, brighter and seems to help with my acne scars
Will buy again <3