SKII Facial Treatment Essence

3.6

on 6/20/2012 3:16:00 AM

I don't know if it's cause I want to see the difference, or if it really works, but I do notice my skin turnover rate accelerate when I use this. Helps my skin recover from blemishes more quickly which I love.

The dispenser is just a hole at the top of the bottle which makes it difficult to control the amount that comes out. I know you should use a cotton pad to wipe your face with this, but I don't like tugging on my face unnecessarily. So I just pour out some in my palm and pat it into my face. Just gotta be careful not to let it back wash so bacteria from your hand doesn't contaminate the rest.

Am on my second giant bottle. Lasts quite long cos I find I don't need as much using my method of application.

on 6/4/2012 11:05:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

great product. one word, great!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

i purchased a 30ml sample size for FTE online and have been using this product for 2 weeks now. I have read quite a fair bit of negative reviews of FTE before i purchased it, but i still gave it a try due to the 'miracle water' name given to it. becoz most of the negative reviews were relating to skin sensitivity and allergy, so i was extremely careful about testing this product on my neck area and waited for 2 days before applying it to my face.

overall, i am satisfied by the result so far. it has made my face significantly brighter and clearer, somehow reduced the redness on my cheeks and around the nose area, and made my t-zone less oily.. and it seemed to premature my pimples on my chin so they went away faster. I have realised since using FTE, i have got a few tiny whiteheads appearing on my face (one on each cheek and two on the side of my nose).. i am not sure whehter this is due to the 'purging' effect that some people talked about.. but as they are not obvious and i dont see any other allergic effects, i will continue to use this product and will definitely report back when i finish my sample sized bottle. all in all, if it goes well, i will definitely repurchase this product again and again.

EDIT: i should have edited this review ages ago... girls...dun ever buy SKII products off ebay!! the sample one i got was fake... i had no idea why the heck i would think that was some sort of purging cleansing effect! it was not! it was a breakout! 2 weeks after using that sample bottle i broke out on my eyelids! bad white heads + pimples! i never ever had anything on my eyelids. then i suspected it was dodgy n researched on fake SKII and how to identify them. the real SKII FTE smells like off-food...like fermented stuff...whereas my sample bottle smells like cheap perfume! luckily my breakout went away in 3 days after stop using the sample bottle. then i bought a 75ml FTE off strawberrynet n this time it was the real stuff. no breakout, no purging or whatsoever, and with all the benefits FTE should give u.

girls if u r having a bad 'purging' from FTE u should consider 1. whether u r allergic to it. 2. whether u bought the real stuff.

on 5/22/2012 1:38:00 AM

Heard alot abt this and decided to try. My skin is more radiant and translucent after 2 weeks. I just pat this onto my skin before my serum and see my skin glow overnight. Really like this product!!

on 5/9/2012 8:09:00 AM

This product, "holy water" as they described has not done one thing for my face. I have brown spots- melasma from pregnancies and dry skin. I am really upset that I purchased this as well as the C repair. Truly has not made one bit of difference. Try a sample first. I should have.

on 5/1/2012 9:21:00 AM

One word to describe this - Useless.

Estee Lauder recovery complex is better than this anytime.

on 4/23/2012 8:52:00 PM

I've tried many of the famous miracle products and besides the Kiehl moisturiser, nothing really had any impact. It didnt make my skin worse but didn't improve it either.

However this treatment essence IS really as good as everyone says it is.I have only been using it for 4 days but I can already feel and see the difference. I have oil T-zone and dry cheek area. The only thing that really helped moisturise my cheek area was the Kiehl cream but now that I'm on my 3rd year with this product, it was beginning to loose the effect. After 4 days using SKII essence, my cheek area is moisturised with no pulling sensation and my face feels very soft. I also had red patches on my cheeks which also disappeared too!

I'm not sure about brightening the complexion as yet.. I think I need to wait longer for that but I still give it 5 stars for the hydration!

on 4/22/2012 11:17:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Has been using this for the past 5 years and love it. Improves my acne condition when I was younger and nourishes my skin now that I am older. Will definitely be a staple in my skincare routine.

on 4/20/2012 11:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

SK-II is marketed for "older" women, however I just had to try it out anyway (I'm currently 25). I have been using the facial treatment essence twice daily for about 3 years. After washing my face and using toner, I put two or three splashes of SK-II in the palm of my hand, and press it into my face (I use my other hand to press a little bit on at a time, because if I do it all at once it will just drip everywhere) and the leftover around my neck, and then follow up with a moisturizer. I find that it hydrates my skin in combination with a moisturizer much more than if I don't use it, and it helps to calm the redness in my skin and has made it quite soft. It has caused absolutely zero negative effects for me, which was a huge relief when I first got it as my skin can be very sensitive and react badly to new products.

I don't notice any huge changes as someone with more mature skin might notice when using it, but I feel that it has helped maintain the youthfulness of my skin, and who doesn't want that!

Saying that though, this is an extremely expensive product however a 250ml bottle lasts me well over a year.

on 4/15/2012 1:27:00 AM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

My skin has been super dry due to the colder winters in Canada. Along with that and working in an air conditioned/heated environment, my skin's become super dehydrated. My skin is on the thin side so that in the office I get oily due to the lack of normal power to retain moisture, and I mean super oily due to my skin over producing oil to compensate for the lack of water. The crazy oil production caused so much acne (cystic acne). I tried everything (medication included) but nothing would help.

This essence has helped balance my oil production so that after a week of usage, it has made my skin so soft and plump, and very balanced. My skin no longer produces oil excessively. This is great, and I recommend this for DEHYRDATED skin, not dry skin. I no longer get cystic acne due to the over production of oil and I get less blackheads probably due to less oil production.

Popular Treatments (Face)