November 27, 2014 | 1201 users online

Concealers - Rimmel - Hide the Blemish

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 4/29/2009 11:18:00 PM More reviews by likeablerain

this was one the first concealers that i really liked. it covered up my blemishes wonderfully. i think why i stopped buying this was because the colors were rather noticeable, and if you put on too much, it made your blemish look worse.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/1/2009 12:21:00 AM More reviews by muffinphonic

This concealer isn't great - i got it in Soft Honey (#103) and find it really quite thick, sticky to apply, and difficult to blend. I've had cheaper concealers that apply better but this one is a fairly good shade for my NC25 asian yellow toned skin, it is a little peachier than my skintone but less so than other concealers i've tried.

Doesn't last long, but not many drugstore ones do so i'm used to it. I will continue buying it because it's fairly cheap and such a good match to my skintone, but as soon as i find another cheap concealer that is a similar shade but better quality, this ones going in the bin or up for swaps.

EDIT 24 Nov 2010 - I now use it on my eyelids as a primer and although it isn't perfect or UDPP quality, it definitely works as better as this than as a concelaer.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2009 10:12:00 PM More reviews by Kirikireii

This was really cheap! I got this on sale at Shopper's Drug Mart for about $3.99.
What I don't like about this is:
1. The fact that it doesn't stay on long/rubs off easy. But that's expected from cheap concealer.
2. The fact that it doesn't say "hypoallergenic", "won't clog pores" like most concealers have written on their package.
3. The fact that it's kind of oily.

Strangely, I bought this and when I put it over my acne it helps. But it's half a shade darker than my skintone... which kind of confuses me. But hey, whatever works!

Hm.. Also, when I apply too much on I've got that cakey, somewhat dry skin look. I absolutely loathe that kind of cakey-ness. But then I realized that concealer didn't work for all the redness on my face. My Physician's Formula Green Concealer worked miracles on my redness! (Much better than this one did)

Overall, I use this one on top of my PF's Green Concealer. (Dot some on, don't blend, don't Rimmel's Hide the Blemish on, then liquid foundation, then just blend altogether)

I find that if you do that, it's less likely to rub off because you're blending everything together at once. It works better and the coverage stays. (Note: must apply concealer lightly, or else this won't work.)

So, I honestly think that you just have to find your own way to work this product. If not, it can lead to break-outs, or no progress at all.

But I love it because it's cheap and I found a great way to use it.
I recommend it if you have acne, but make sure you do something so it doesn't make you break out.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2009 1:30:00 PM More reviews by pretiiandroid

This is actually the first concealer I've ever used but I think it's pretty decent. The only thing that I don't like is that there aren't very many shades to choose from and they seem a bit off but I can't really complain when it's only $4-5. Other than that it hasn't caused my skin to break out and it blends well so it's all good. I'm really starting to like Rimmel.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2009 9:53:00 PM More reviews by Plagueofhamsters

Pretty much your average stick concealer. It goes on really smooth like the Covergirl Smoothers concealer, however, doesn't concealer as well. It can be a little cakey. The shades aren't too perfect, but for under $5, it wasn't a bad buy. However, I'd fork out the extra dollar or two and buy the Covergirl Smoothers.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/8/2009 1:25:00 AM More reviews by makemeup25

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This glides very smoothly on my blemishes, but it barely lasts. Not many colors to choose from. Comes in an unsealed tube.

I'm going to try the maybelline cover stick which I read covers everything.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2009 4:58:00 PM More reviews by ValleyOfSins

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I really like this concealer. I bought in the shade "001 Ivory", at around $6 for 4.5g of product. I tend to have some difficulty finding face products that are pale enough for me, and a lot of the ones that should be are very yellow on my skin. The RIMMEL Hide The Blemish Concealer is a perfect concealer colour for my blemishes and imperfections. The only con I encountered is that it isn't very effective on undereye circles, since it isn't the right colour to cover blue/purple. However, for someone with mild/moderate acne, blemishes or scarring, I would recommend this!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/31/2009 12:54:00 PM More reviews by ellienotts

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This concelor looked REALLY cakey on my skin.
I have very light skin, so got the lightest colour, but it still looked to dark on my skin!
It is ok on spots, but doesnt do anything on dark circles under the eyes.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2009 5:52:00 PM More reviews by rawrcelle

It looks a bit cakey on my skin, i like to use the Liquid formula, it is way better than this.
The only reason i am giving this 4 stars is this is great for concealing your lips to make that awesome looking nude lip look.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2008 5:25:00 PM More reviews by cjx3pooh

This concealer doesn't work very well if you have huge pores - it makes it more obvious. I got it in Neutralizer and I don't see much difference in the redness on my face. It looks cakey, and like others said it's not long-lasting. Very little product, despite what it says (which is .14 oz or 4 g). The packaging is too much for such a short little stick concealer, they should downsize the concealer so it doesn't look so misleading.