Smashbox Photo Finish Light

3.4

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Polysilicone-11, Butylene Glycol, Ethylene/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Carbomer, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Triethanolamine, Decyl Glucoside, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Hexylene Glycol, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Oligopeptide-10

on 2/22/2011 1:21:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Warm

I started using a primer because I realized I was touching up my make up every afternoon. After reading the rave reviews on Smashbox's Photofinish Primer, I headed to my local Ulta only to find it sold out. I instead purchased the "Light" version and I'm really glad I did! It works wonders underneath my Bare Minerals foundation and I don't have to reapply my make up anymore!! I love the matte feeling, not to mention its really lightweight. I prefer the texture of this "Light" version to the original, which feels greasy IMO. I have sensitive skin but am susceptible to breakouts and this hasn't caused any skin problems. I love it, will definitely purchase again.

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Neutral

Definitely noticed a difference in oil control. Without this primer, I need to blot less than an hour after after I finish my make-up. With this, I can go for about 4-7 hours, depending on the weather. I also appreciate that it's good for my skin because it has no parabens or yucky ingredients I wouldn't want in my pores. When I take my make-up off, I've noticed my skin is much softer and smoother in texture. I'm assuming this is due to the barrier it provides b/w my skin and my make-up, which is not paraben-free, sadly.

Obviously, the price is kind of ridiculous, especially for a poor college kid like myself. Nonetheless, I will continue to repurchase since I've seen major results. Hopefully one day I'll find something a bit more reasonably priced...

on 2/11/2011 4:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I was a bit sceptical about trying this primer as not alot of people give it a good review..so glad i tried it!! I love this primer!! So light and glides on so smooth but makes my make up last all day!! I use estee lauder double wear and it makes it look flawless..so impressed the only thing i would say is that it is a bit pricey however a tiny little sample pot loasted me about 2 weeks and could have lasted longer if I hadnt used it showing my friends how amazing this is! love love love

on 2/8/2011 12:22:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I used the regular smashboz primer for a long time and finally moved on to the light version. I like it much better. It feels lighter and less greasy. This combined with my Mat Velvet gives me a smooth, oil free appearance for 8+ hours. I only need to blot once during the day.

The one downside is the price....I am still on the hunt for an HG primer that isn't close to $40! A little does go a long way though--the sample bottle costs half as much and has lasted me more than a month.

on 2/6/2011 10:23:00 AM

Good primer!! The feel of this product is so smooth and silky that its unbelieveable and it dries out matte. which is what pretty much disappointed me, a primer that dries out so matte and smooth on my face that doesnt hold up the oil control! :( I had to blot my face after 2-3 hours, which isnt as bad, thats why I gave it a 4. the packing looks great and feels great but cheap at the same time :/ but it works well. the only that that bothers me is that whatever that was left at the end of the opening of the pump becomes very soild, and it gets mixed into the rest of the product, which makes it blend horribly; but other than that, the primer it self blends very well! :)

on 2/4/2011 7:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is my HG for primers...truly amazing. It creates a soft, flawless canvas to put makeup on. It really does fill in the lines. It's a bit pricey but you really don't have to use that much at all to get your whole face. I've also noticed that my skin has looked better and been softer since I started using it....maybe its the vitamins in it?? Either way I absolutely love this product and will definitely be buying it again

I adore this product. It minimizes the appearance of my pores and it allows me to wear MMU in the winter without my dry patches being picked up and exposed! This product has helped my MMU last in humidity and harsh winter. This does help keep shine at bay and it is an absolute HG item for me. I just adore this primer!

on 1/22/2011 12:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Thought it would be nice because they said the other version is oily. I guess I would need that oil! This stuff accentuates every flake on your face and dries it out. Nothing goes on smooth. I tried it with mineral and liquid foundation. Both had bad results.

on 1/18/2011 10:04:00 PM

This primer really works well for my oily/dry/combo/acne prone skin. It locks in my foundation, powder and blush so well and it looks good for hours. I use about three pumps. It makes my skin feel great. Will probably repurchase.

on 1/7/2011 10:25:00 AM

This is nothing like the clear original one. It does absolutely NOTHING. Smells like glue - you put it on your face and it is no different than if you hadn't used a primer at all.

Popular Primer/ Correctors