July 28, 2014 | 1831 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Smashbox - Photo Finish Light

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2010 6:45:00 PM More reviews by babygoddess13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been using the original Photo Finish Primer for years, but decided to give this a try when the full sized original was not available at beauty.com when I ran out. I really like the original, but LOVE this one. It feels a lot better going on, it's not as heavy as the original. It feels more like a moisturizer when applied, but still primes foundation as well as the original. But what I love best is that it controls oil much much better than the original. I have oily skin and used to have to blot at least every 2 hours. With this light version, the first time I had to blot was 4 hours after application. I'll buy this instead of the original from now on.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/28/2010 7:37:00 PM More reviews by Kurohyou

I purchased the Light primer after trying the Regular primer and really enjoying it.

there are a few differences between these primers. the Regular is clear and silicone-based, and the Light is white and water-based and oil-free.

the light primer is marketed as better for blemish prone or oily skin, or for people who want their makeup to feel as light as possible

personally I am all of the above, but I found the regular primer wonderful for my skin and makeup, and not heavy at all, plus I found the silicon formula better for hiding blemishes and pores.

The light primer is weightless, and pretty much undetectable on the skin, but still does a great job of filling pores and creating a good base for makeup.

the Light primer is probably better for people with very sensitive skin, but otherwise both of these primers work very well

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2010 12:12:00 AM More reviews by TheItalian

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Whenever I wear make-up, my skin gets oily and my face melts.
Since I have been using this, my make up really lasts longer and my pores are not clogged. It is water based so even better than oil free primers.

No smell, fine and smooth textures that absorbs quickly.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/1/2010 9:30:00 PM More reviews by dgee

wow, I can't believe this doesn't have better reviews. I honestly don't know what I'd do without this product. Actually, I do...I'd use a ton of those messy oil blotting sheets and watch my makeup melt off my face in horror. This product saved me from running to the bathroom every ten seconds to blot oil from my face. Love it! Great primer...makes makeups application flawless.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2010 6:43:00 AM More reviews by Amie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I promised i wouldnt rant about SA's anymore but my goodness, do these companies have any idea who they have employed to work on their counters? I went to get a sample of the line and Pore primer and the SA had no clue what i was on about, i was a week too early for it hitting the counters, but honeslty, dont SA's know when products are coming in. ANYWAY, i explined that i tried the other etc etc, she then pushed this on me saying i really should give it another go as it was reformulated etc (when did that happen to the light version?) . i reluctantly did, after all a sample is a sample. but it did not live up to my expectations again and was the same old "light" version i tried before. I just cant seem to get on with these which is why i wanted to try the line and pore one. I think if you dont have imperfect skin this may be wonderful for you, but it just accenuated everything i try and hide, even my scares looked 100% bigger. nightmare.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/17/2010 3:04:00 AM More reviews by flawlessbackflip

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

i bought this for oil control, which did nothing. it doesn't control oil at all. and it also pills off sometimes which is super annoying. i sometimes have dry spots around my mouth and it doesn't really help them when i'm applying my powder in the morning.
this only helps really for liquid foundation. it definitely helps my foundation go on smoother, but that's all. it doesn't help in any other way. and the price for one ounce is ridiculous. i'm glad they have the $16 version.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/11/2010 12:22:00 AM More reviews by LuvlyLady

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I purchased the product a while ago, but haven't done a review about it cause I wanted to give a chance. My experience with this product was bad. The formula has too much polymer, dimethecone, silicone ect. The fact that it's said oil free on the package does not mean it is.
I have acne prone, sensitive,oily T zone,and occasionally oily cheeks. This product tend to cause me break out every time i use it.
Also, it cause my pores to clog up. Expensive but didn't get the result I wanted. It's promise so so much but not effective for the amount of money. I used it when I go out to places like: bars, club ect. Places where you tend to take picture or be in picture. I get oily and shiny more then i usually do. Yeh, this product I consider a failure. Save for money and a chance of having a bad skin reaction.

I gave to my mom, she didnt like either because its causes her breakout. so she threw is out the window!!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/2/2010 1:26:00 PM More reviews by rachel85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

i really wanted to like this product because it is a smashbox product and i like them ... well it did a ok job .. but it made me break out a lil bit and the container it came in the pump wouldnt pump out any product so i had to take the lid off turn it upside down and beat it out OR put something in there to pull it out of there .. so thinking about transfering it into another jar or something idk .. and it was really expensive for all this trouble so i wont buy again i hope so one else has better times with it buy hey everyone is diff and everything works diff for diff ppl ...

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2010 5:44:00 PM More reviews by Kathy11

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a fantastic primer! My foundation looks awful after a couple of hours so I asked a makeup artist friend for a recommendation and she said Smashbox Photo Finish is a staple for her. I bought it and have used it every day for about a month now. My makeup lasts all day and I couldn't be happier with it. I have a very oily forehead and now my foundation lasts for 8 hours, even in humid conditions.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2010 10:27:00 AM More reviews by thinkpink1718

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this at Sephora in the 2 oz formula. It is cheaper per ounce and I like the package a lot better. It's a lot easier to get ever bit of the product out of the container.

I love this stuff. I have really sensitive skin (sensitive to scents, oils, sunscreens, certain minerals, you name it) and this stuff doesn't make me break out! It also makes my makeup last longer and gives my skin a nice matte finish when it can get a little oily as the dat goes on.

My favorite primer by far.